Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

If Parise leaves the Devils can replace him in depth, I don't think it would be the end of the world but its tough to lose your captain and one of your best players just like that.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 01:01 PM

I honestly wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move...

If Parise were to re-sign, he'd be shafted salary wise. Were Parise to go elsewhere, there'd be plenty of money but he'd have absolutely no shot at winning next season imo
He's won how many times? I'd imagine at some point winning another wouldn't matter all that much.

Marc Methot to Ottawa for Nick Foligno

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Jul 1 2012, 02:05 PM

He's won how many times? I'd imagine at some point winning another wouldn't matter all that much.
He was talking about Parise.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 1 2012, 02:57 PM
Still don't think Marty is going anywhere, through and through Marty is a Devil and it's gonna stay that way, no doubt in my mind.
Not that I think Marty will leave but you said the exact same thing about Parise lol Marty is on the open market.....anything can happen

Mackenzie said Penner to LA 1 year > 3mil

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jul 1 2012, 02:08 PM

Not that I think Marty will leave but you said the exact same thing about Parise lol Marty is on the open market.....anything can happen
At least Marty has been a Devil for 19 years, Zach only 6. I thought Zach was better than this but apparently he's as greedy as they come. 12 Million signing bonus, jesus christ.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jul 1 2012, 01:06 PM

He was talking about Parise.
Damn, lol. Its weird how his comment works perfectly for both Parise and Brodeur

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 1 2012, 02:09 PM

At least Marty has been a Devil for 19 years, Zach only 6. I thought Zach was better than this but apparently he's as greedy as they come. 12 Million signing bonus, jesus christ.
I think it's because of the lockout, so the 12 mil would be guaranteed.

Francis Bouillon signs in MTL for one year, $1.5M.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Jul 1 2012, 02:05 PM

Then what's he playing for? He's made enough money to live forever. He'd be playing because he loves the game and wants to play. But who wants to play just to lose?

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Heavy speculation that Anaheim signed Sheldon Souray, but nothing confirmed yet.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jul 1 2012, 02:15 PM
Heavy speculation that Anaheim signed Sheldon Souray, but nothing confirmed yet.
Oh come on seriously? Fucking Christ.

Penner re-signs for a season with the Kings

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 02:15 PM

Then what's he playing for? He's made enough money to live forever. He'd be playing because he loves the game and wants to play. But who wants to play just to lose?
You can never have enough money.

Although I don't think he has that monetary motive (this is all speculation), I think he'll stay with NJ or go to CHI.