Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

Might as well have one. Been a lot of signings already, especially today. Notable signings so far:

[Image: cal.png] Dennis Wideman - 5 Years/$26 MM
[Image: pit.png] Sidney Crosby - 12 Years/$104.4 MM
[Image: nas.png] Hal Gill - 2 Years/$4 MM
[Image: bos.png] Tuukka Rask - 1 Year/$3.5 MM
[Image: la.png] Jonathan Quick - 10 Years/$58 MM
[Image: van.png] Cory Schneider - 3 Years/$12 MM

Sucks that the Flames signed Wideman to a contract worth $5.2 MM per year, that sets the bar really high for other defensemen on the market. Now Garrison will probably get at least $5 MM per year and Suter will get like $8 MM now.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

As a leafs fan, I hope we don't indulge in the inflated market that is Free Agency. Only guys I would be interested in are Suter and Parise (who isn't) but doubtful they'd choose Toronto and they'll be commanding huge bucks.

Is Alex Semin still testing? His buzz seems to have died down a bit

Quote:Originally posted by Jibbsy@Jun 28 2012, 09:20 PM
yea he is.
some team will be dumb and give him way more than he deserves.

Quote:Originally posted by Jibbsy@Jun 28 2012, 09:20 PM
As a leafs fan, I hope we don't indulge in the inflated market that is Free Agency. Only guys I would be interested in are Suter and Parise (who isn't) but doubtful they'd choose Toronto and they'll be commanding huge bucks.

I don't think Burke is looking to improve through FA too much, id expect maybe the signing of a big forward (Doan, Moen, etc), or maybe a depth defender like Aucoin, but nothing more.

And with the signing of Schneider, Lu is pretty much good as gone, no?

I love the Schneider signing.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

You know what we need. An SHL GM League.

The issue is I don't believe Florida can afford to strap themselves with that Luongo contract, and Burke isn't willing to pay what Gillis is asking for. Even if the price comes down, I'd be hesitant to take on a 33 (or 34?) year old goalie on that contract.

That being said, if Burke's job truly IS on the line, then the leafs NEED to improve goaltending for the next season atleast, perhaps the likes of Ellis, Clemmensen, or Biron would help, but then again, are they much of an improvement?

What do you guys think will be the biggest WTF contract of the offseason? I'm thinking Semin, although Garrison might be up there.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jun 28 2012, 10:26 PM
I get dibs on the Isles

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jun 28 2012, 09:26 PM

Definitely.

id join
bruins plz

Devs resign Bernier and Carter.

That Quick deal is awesome, 5.8 for him is such a bargain.

I'd tap that.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Oh and if we're serious about this I dibs TOR Smile

And if we're serious, we'd need somebody with EHM.

Quote:Originally posted by Jibbsy@Jun 28 2012, 09:26 PM
The issue is I don't believe Florida can afford to strap themselves with that Luongo contract, and Burke isn't willing to pay what Gillis is asking for. Even if the price comes down, I'd be hesitant to take on a 33 (or 34?) year old goalie on that contract.

That being said, if Burke's job truly IS on the line, then the leafs NEED to improve goaltending for the next season atleast, perhaps the likes of Ellis, Clemmensen, or Biron would help, but then again, are they much of an improvement?

What do you guys think will be the biggest WTF contract of the offseason? I'm thinking Semin, although Garrison might be up there.
Garrison is going to get WAYYY more than he should imo