Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 02:16 PM

Oh come on seriously? Fucking Christ.

Yeup. Eric Stephens (Ducks Beat Writer) said were strongly in on him. And some of those shitty guys like hockeyinsider and eklund say its a lock.

Cant believe we traded Lubo and think Souray will replace him. Barring a big shakeup I think its gonna be a long year in Anaheim.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 01:15 PM

Then what's he playing for? He's made enough money to live forever. He'd be playing because he loves the game and wants to play. But who wants to play just to lose?
Assuming you are also talking about Brodeur....

Its not unreasonable for a person to value team loyalty over one last shot to do something he's done a number of times over.

If it was someone like Raymond Bourque... Then we'd be talking that way big time.

Its not like Brodeur has great option otherwise. The Devils are still probably bettert han a team like the Leafs, especially if they don't regress from their quality of play. Chicago is probably better, but even as much as I like my hometown team, they've lost their elite touch since their Stanley Cup.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jul 1 2012, 02:20 PM

Yeup.  Eric Stephens (Ducks Beat Writer) said were strongly in on him.  And some of those shitty guys like hockeyinsider and eklund say its a lock.

Cant believe we traded Lubo and think Souray will replace him.  Barring a big shakeup I think its gonna be a long year in Anaheim.
If we sign Souray I'm pretty much done hoping for anything good to happen... The Draft was pathetic, now we sign the biggest bum on Free Agency? Good god

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Jul 1 2012, 02:21 PM

Assuming you are also talking about Brodeur....

Its not unreasonable for a person to value team loyalty over one last shot to do something he's done a number of times over.

If it was someone like Raymond Bourque... Then we'd be talking that way big time.

Its not like Brodeur has great option otherwise. The Devils are still probably bettert han a team like the Leafs, especially if they don't regress from their quality of play. Chicago is probably better, but even as much as I like my hometown team, they've lost their elite touch since their Stanley Cup.
I don't see much out of New Jersey next season to be honest. And while I respect team loyalty, New Jersey would be smart to look for a starting goalie... It's not like Ray Bourque who's a position where there's 6 of the same position at the same time on the roster. They NEED to think about their future

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 02:25 PM

If we sign Souray I'm pretty much done hoping for anything good to happen... The Draft was pathetic, now we sign the biggest bum on Free Agency? Good god
It'll be a 1 year deal for like 1 million. Just a depth move.

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jul 1 2012, 02:28 PM

It'll be a 1 year deal for like 1 million. Just a depth move.
Murray doesn't make Depth moves :lol:
Honestly I'm pretty fed up with Murray as it is. He's made bad move after bad move and it's wearing thin

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 02:29 PM

Murray doesn't make Depth moves  :lol:
Honestly I'm pretty fed up with Murray as it is. He's made bad move after bad move and it's wearing thin
Just give Bobby Ryan to the Leafs, and then you can fire him.

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jul 1 2012, 02:29 PM

Just give Bobby Ryan to the Leafs, and then you can fire him.
Bobby can go too. His little bitch fit screwed the Ducks over, dropped his trade value significantly since we lost all of our leverage in trade talks

Meanwhile at the Maple Leafs HQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFiSkKpySaE

Prustttt <3

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jul 1 2012, 02:31 PM

Burke is at the Pride Parade downtown, and Nonis is handling everything, so I doubt they will be making any big decisions.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 03:30 PM

Bobby can go too. His little bitch fit screwed the Ducks over, dropped his trade value significantly since we lost all of our leverage in trade talks
It really isn't Ryan's problem how much leverage the Duck's have in negotiantions if Murray handled the whole situation better then maybe Ryan wouldn't be pissed off and complaining to the media

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Jul 1 2012, 01:31 PM

Nothing official yet, but Brendan Prust is close to a deal with the Canadiens. lolz lose Armstrong to the habs now dont even get a chance with Prust.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jul 1 2012, 02:36 PM

It really isn't Ryan's problem how much leverage the Duck's have in negotiantions if Murray handled the whole situation better then maybe Ryan wouldn't be pissed off and complaining to the media

It kind of is his problem. The Ducks have no obligation to trade him, we have him for 3 more seasons so if he truly wanted to be traded he should have kept his mouth shut. Now we have no leverage and that means we won't get as much as we could/should which means a trade is longer away.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 1 2012, 02:37 PM

It kind of is his problem. The Ducks have no obligation to trade him, we have him for 3 more seasons so if he truly wanted to be traded he should have kept his mouth shut. Now we have no leverage and that means we won't get as much as we could/should which means a trade is longer away.
Anaheim still has all the leverage since he has 3 years left.