Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 27 2016, 10:43 PM
I honestly don't understand this statement "I typically detest comedy"
Pretty simple really. Most comedy films follow a basic formula, with little to no innovation. As I find myself having less and less time to watch new movies, I find myself veering further and further away from comedies simply because most of them leave me feeling "I've seen this before"

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Will Smith is very charismatic and knows how to play Will Smith.

Shoutouts to Will Smith being able to be himself.

Also called the 3/10

ALSO. How do you not mention the shit show that is Rick Flagg in the movie. He was fucking trash

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Also calling Startrek trash is not cool man

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Aug 27 2016, 11:56 PM
Will Smith is very charismatic and knows how to play Will Smith.

Shoutouts to Will Smith being able to be himself.

Also called the 3/10

ALSO. How do you not mention the shit show that is Rick Flagg in the movie. He was fucking trash

I was too focused on the garbage that escaped Killer Croc's mouth.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Aug 27 2016, 11:57 PM
Also calling Startrek trash is not cool man

Then it should have endeavored to not suck.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Aug 27 2016, 11:52 PM

Pretty simple really. Most comedy films follow a basic formula, with little to no innovation. As I find myself having less and less time to watch new movies, I find myself veering further and further away from comedies simply because most of them leave me feeling "I've seen this before"

Damn someone who gets it. Comedies are often quite derivative and never really innovative. If the jokes fall flat, there is often not a plot to carry things along, which causes the whole thing to fall off the tracks.

Spangs hates action and comedy.

FUCKING VAGINA

Star Trek Into Darkness > Captain America: Civil War > Batty v Supes > Suicide Squad > Deadpool though

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Aug 28 2016, 01:07 AM

Damn someone who gets it. Comedies are often quite derivative and never really innovative. If the jokes fall flat, there is often not a plot to carry things along, which causes the whole thing to fall off the tracks.

Being someone who would pick a mindless loosely plotted comedy to have in the background, I get it too. If I want to spend 1.5-3.0 hours of my life with attention undivided, it better be worth it these days where I have a lot less time to do that, then I did when I was younger.

That's why I find myself these days, watching the comedy movies of my youth. Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, Pineapple Express, The Room, etc. All ones I have seen so much, I don't have to "watch" it.

Being incredibly picky with anything none comedy, I don't watch movies often, though reading your reviews is pretty neat in absence of that. Keep that up, eh?

And before I am givin shit for liking Adam Sandler movies, it's mindless loosely plotted comedy. I say as much and besides Gilmore, Madison and Nicky. Their isn't much good.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Aug 28 2016, 12:10 AM
Spangs hates action and comedy.

FUCKING VAGINA

I don't like action for the sake of action, yes.

EDIT: For example, two of my favorite movies of 2016 are action-based. The Nice Guys and Hell or High Water. Yet, they have far more going on than action scenes and are far more thoughtful than just "boom boom bang bang you're dead".

Went back and rewatched Reservoir Dogs. Still good.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by MacWitNoK@Aug 28 2016, 12:15 AM

Being someone who would pick a mindless loosely plotted comedy to have in the background, I get it too. If I want to spend 1.5-3.0 hours of my life with attention undivided, it better be worth it these days where I have a lot less time to do that, then I did when I was younger.

That's why I find myself these days, watching the comedy movies of my youth. Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, Pineapple Express, The Room, etc. All ones I have seen so much, I don't have to "watch" it.

Being incredibly picky with anything none comedy, I don't watch movies often, though reading your reviews is pretty neat in absence of that. Keep that up, eh?

And before I am givin shit for liking Adam Sandler movies, it's mindless loosely plotted comedy. I say as much and besides Gilmore, Madison and Nicky. Their isn't much good.

Thanks, will do. Smile

And Pineapple Express is absolute gold. Though I may not love comedies, that movie is priceless.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Aug 28 2016, 01:21 AM

Thanks, will do. Smile

And Pineapple Express is absolute gold. Though I may not love comedies, that movie is priceless.

Actually now that I think of it, I can use Adam Sandler as a prime example of why I understand what you mean.

Billy Madison, was brilliant and funny as a comedy then. It's goofy and makes sense that a 25ish year old actor plays a Man Child.

Happy Gilmore, any true hockey fan has seen this movie. It has some absolute hilarious moments.

"The Price is Wrong, Bitch" Tongue

Little Nicky is the cutoff, it's a funny, unique, kinda original movie. I enjoyed that Nicky did a different voice the whole movie and by the end I didn't notice. But the jokes were kinda meh, it wasn't as comedic as the previous two.

And from there, his movies got less and less funny. I'll still watch the aforementioned three, but other than that, nope.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Funny People was a good movie.

Quote:Originally posted by MacWitNoK@Aug 27 2016, 11:27 PM

Actually now that I think of it, I can use Adam Sandler as a prime example of why I understand what you mean.

Billy Madison, was brilliant and funny as a comedy then. It's goofy and makes sense that a 25ish year old actor plays a Man Child.

Happy Gilmore, any true hockey fan has seen this movie. It has some absolute hilarious moments.

"The Price is Wrong, Bitch" Tongue

Little Nicky is the cutoff, it's a funny, unique, kinda original movie. I enjoyed that Nicky did a different voice the whole movie and by the end I didn't notice. But the jokes were kinda meh, it wasn't as comedic as the previous two.

And from there, his movies got less and less funny. I'll still watch the aforementioned three, but other than that, nope.
Big Daddy?