Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

Quote:Originally posted by LX_Theo@Jul 6 2012, 10:31 PM

How is NJ's coach with whipping the lazy players into their best game potential? Because if not you can say gooddbye to Semin's forecheck ability.

he has no forecheck ability. No matter how good NJD has been with Kovy, this is a whole different ball game with semin.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 7 2012, 12:32 AM

he has no forecheck ability. No matter how good NJD has been with Kovy, this is a whole different ball game with semin.
The forecheck is almost entirely about effort and determination, though.

If you can get that out of Semin, he can do it. I'm not saying it will be easy in any way or form, or even in comparison to Kovalchuk, but I think it could be done.

What'd be bad is to bet a bunch of money on it.

I think Semin's attitude problems are blown way out of proportion, Hunter got Semin to block shots in the Playoffs didn't he? After seeing how our coaching staff has been able to mold Kovalchuk's game for the better, i'm not worried about our coaches working with Semin.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 6 2012, 10:39 PM
I think Semin's attitude problems are blown way out of proportion, Hunter got Semin to block shots in the Playoffs didn't he? After seeing how our coaching staff has been able to mold Kovalchuk's game for the better, i'm not worried about our coaches working with Semin.

Semin is 100x worse. He quits on so many shifts it is horrible.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 7 2012, 12:39 AM
There has to be something true there to spark it even if its exaggerated. And to be exaggerated (if exaggerated) so much, it still makes it very much a shot in the dark on whether that specifically would pan out.

Wings signed Tom Renney Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 7 2012, 01:39 AM
kovalchuk's issues were never attitude issues.
he was just relied on to score goals and let the other players play defense...kind of like ovechkin was, but with a little less talent

semin is just plain lazy.
if youre hoping to sign him, thats fine, just dont be upset when he takes games off.
and semin doesnt forecheck lol

Semin to the devils is a huge gamble if u get him going its a huge reward but its ALOT tougher than Kovy was

West Kendall

[Image: 532419_10151242866031055_369927695_n.jpg]

Just. Looks. Right.

So much for a "heating up" market.

did anyone here Feaster will try to trade for Tim Thomas :facepalm:

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.SoDmG@Jul 9 2012, 04:28 PM
did anyone here Feaster will try to trade for Tim Thomas  :facepalm:
i knew somebody would want him Smile

Need need Doan and/or Semin

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 9 2012, 12:48 PM
[Image: 532419_10151242866031055_369927695_n.jpg]

Just. Looks. Right.
:wub: :wub:

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.SoDmG@Jul 9 2012, 03:28 PM
did anyone here Feaster will try to trade for Tim Thomas  :facepalm:
Why anyone takes anything posted on HF credible i dont understand.

#GENE4HOF