Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 11 2012, 09:55 PM

Florida not washington

Oh, TSN says Washington, lol.

Jul 11 Wolski, Wojtek LW Florida Washington $600K 1 $600K

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 11 2012, 09:55 PM

Florida not washington
Nope WAS got Wolski, Panthers got Mueller, which i really like. Low risk high reward, at a discount too.

Quote:Originally posted by Witz@Jul 11 2012, 09:59 PM

Nope WAS got Wolski, Panthers got Mueller, which i really like. Low risk high reward, at a discount too.
Lol nice this is why I don't listen to NHL.com for reference lmao

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

BUF vs BOS is gonna be a brawl fest this season. Scott, Ott, Kaleta, McCormick, etc versus Thornton, Campbell, Lucic, etc.

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jul 11 2012, 08:59 PM

You've always been a fan of a #6 (going by last season AHL-esque) dman ... ?

He is great on the pp. He is getting hammered for playing bad fact remains he is only 25 doest have a ton of NHL experience and has player VERY well at times. He is not a top pairing guy but it is a great signing. People need to realize just because someone is not a #1-2 d men or forward does not mean they suck or are a bust especially at 25.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Jul 11 2012, 11:43 PM

He is great on the pp. He is getting hammered for playing bad fact remains he is only 25 doest have a ton of NHL experience and has player VERY well at times. He is not a top pairing guy but it is a great signing. People need to realize just because someone is not a #1-2 d men or forward does not mean they suck or are a bust especially at 25.
I'm just going by what the Nucks and Sabres fans were saying. They hated him lol.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Jul 11 2012, 11:43 PM

Bolt wit dem words of wisdom

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jul 11 2012, 10:51 PM
Anyone else think Semin is a perfect fit in Pittsburgh?

In Washington, he was either the 3rd wheel on the Ovie/Backstrom line, or expected to carry the load with scrubs or middle six guys.  In Pitt, he would be the primary scorer, playing with either, Crosby or Malkin, whichever Neal doesnt play with.  He could score 50 if he found chemistry.
Whoa whoa whoa! Tongue
Lets not leave Detroit in the dust, he'd be in the same role there with them. He'd also have the best fellow countryman in the game feeding him the puck, a guy he had chemistry with in the WC. Thats only a tournament though and doesnt really mean too much.

Quote:Originally posted by leafs4stanley@Jul 11 2012, 11:46 PM

I'm just going by what the Nucks and Sabres fans were saying. They hated him lol.

I am a Buffalo/Carolina fan Tongue . I have always liked him honestly. Buffalo fans in general are a bunch of whiny bitches that think they know everything (I am a buffalo guy so I can say this ha) someone makes a few bad plays and they suck but they score the gwg next and they are the best thing since gretzky. It is like that for all buffalo sports.Also buffalo fans rarely like anyone after they leave however while they are there they are a superstar just stuck in a bad system so they are not living up to their true potential.

Buffalo is just weird with sports it is like that with the Bills as well.

I will not comment on Van because I am not a fan and dont want to hurt anyone's feelings :ph34r:

Grags is a OFD as such there are times he is a liability on the defensive front. It does not mean he sucks it just means the team needs to know how to use him and who to pair him with. He is a great PP guy but he will make some VERY bad turnovers and choices. Part of it is being young and part of it is his OFD mentality. He TORE the AHL up a few years ago as well as had some great games with the Sabres. The Sabres sucked last year for most of the year he is young and probably lost a lot of confidence. If he can find his game again he will be a good player in the NHL. If not They have a great d man for Charlotte. Not like he signed a huge contract its a small one.

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Jul 12 2012, 01:14 AM

I am a Buffalo/Carolina fan  Tongue . I have always liked him honestly. Buffalo fans in general are a bunch of whiny bitches that think they know everything (I am a buffalo guy so I can say this ha) someone makes a few bad plays and they suck but they score the gwg next and they are the best thing since gretzky. It is like that for all buffalo sports.Also buffalo fans rarely like anyone after they leave however while they are there they are a superstar just stuck in a bad system so they are not living up to their true potential.

Buffalo is just weird with sports it is like that with the Bills as well.

I will not comment on Van because I am not a fan and dont want to hurt anyone's feelings  :ph34r:

Grags is a OFD as such there are times he is a liability on the defensive front. It does not mean he sucks it just means the team needs to know how to use him and who to pair him with. He is a great PP guy but he will make some VERY bad turnovers and choices. Part of it is being young and part of it is his OFD mentality. He TORE the AHL up a few years ago as well as had some great games with the Sabres. The Sabres sucked last year for most of the year he is young and probably lost a lot of confidence. If he can find his game again he will be a good player in the NHL. If not They have a great d man for Charlotte. Not like he signed a huge contract its a small one.

I like you a bit more since you're a Canes fan Smile

And yeah I agree with you. Worst case scenario, he stays with the Checkers and he's gone after the year. Best case scenario, we have a solid, young OFD on our hands. I'd hope for somewhere in the middle.

Put Grags with a good stay at home Defensemen and he'll shine. He's just not developed in that respect and hasn't really had the opportunity with that top core defender. He was a boss in Portland and is still one of my favorites

So Mueller with Florida.

Selanne back with Anaheim. Sick

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtube.com/watch?v=paenkt6wNrk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtube.com/watch?v=paenkt6wNrk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDRCpN4OMpM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDRCpN4OMpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>
Red Wings could use it!!!

Hasek looking to come back to the NHL apparently looking for multiple years... At 45 years old lmao

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 12 2012, 11:39 PM
Hasek looking to come back to the NHL apparently looking for multiple years... At 45 years old lmao

well you know whatt they sayy... YOLOWink