Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Dec 17 2016, 11:02 PM

almost making Spangs cry tonight made me feel better. sorry not sorry spangs Tongue

i was just bugging you guys. i have never seen and i dont plan on seeing it unless i can for free like on TV or someone buys my ticket and popcorn and pop for me.
I'll buy you a popcorn but not a pop. Maybe Maltesers

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 17 2016, 11:04 PM

I knew it. There's no way somebody could think it "sucked". It's simply too universal of a film. It's a true blue masterpiece and has a shout for being the best film of the decade.

Spangs you are like me when I reviewed Yeezus and called it the best Kanye Album.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

And since <a href='index.php?showuser=26' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>BasedMinkus</a> posted a top 10 earlier, here's mine as of now. I've seen 80 movies thus far, but still need to see a bunch that will factor in here such as Jackie, Silence, 20th Century Women, Fences, Live by Night, A Monster Calls, Kubo and the Two Strings, and Manchester by the Sea.

Honorable mentions:
Moonlight (dir. Barry Jenkins)
Hail, Caesar (dir. Coen Brothers)
Midnight Special (dir. Jeff Nichols)
The Light Between Oceans (dir. Derek Cianfrance)
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (dir. Taika Waititi)

10. Sing Street (dir. John Carney)
9. Zootopia (dir. Byron Howard and Rich Moore)
8. Hell or High Water (dir. David Mackenzie)
7. The Edge of Seventeen (dir. Kelly Fremon Craig)
6. The Witch (dir. Robert Eggers)
5. Love & Friendship (dir. Whit Stillman)
4. The Nice Guys (dir. Shane Black)
3. Arrival (dir. Denis Villeneuve)
2. The Neon Demon (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn)
1. La La Land (dir. Damien Chazelle)

Worst 10 I've seen (though this is less fair since I largely avoid abominations)

1. Gods of Egypt (dir. Alex Proyas)
2. Sausage Party (dir. Sadists)
3. High-Rise (dir. Ben Wheatley)
4. Deadpool (dir. Tim Miller)
5. Suicide Squad (dir. David Ayer)
6. Batman v. Superman (dir. Zack Snyder)
7. Swiss Army Man (dir. Daniels)
8. Doctor Strange (dir. Scott Derrickson)
9. The Magnificent Seven (dir. Antoine Fuqua)
10. The Sea of Trees (dir. Gus Van Sant)

That said, I haven't seen movies like Dirty Grandpa, Collateral Beauty, or other similar disasters.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 17 2016, 11:09 PM

I'll buy you a popcorn but not a pop. Maybe Maltesers
large popcorn and extra butter than. i dont even like butter. but im getting extra since you're cheaping out on me with the no pop

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 18 2016, 02:09 AM

Spangs you are like me when I reviewed Yeezus and called it the best Kanye Album.

Yes but Yeezus was always divisive and abrasive. This is not. If you love musicals, you'll love La La Land. If you're ok with musicals, you'll love La La Land. If you hate musicals, you'll love La La Land.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 17 2016, 11:13 PM

Yes but Yeezus was always divisive and abrasive. This is not. If you love musicals, you'll love La La Land. If you're ok with musicals, you'll love La La Land. If you hate musicals, you'll love La La Land.
ok we get it, you're getting as bad as hallsy when EDM drafted McDavid

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Dec 18 2016, 02:15 AM

ok we get it, you're getting as bad as hallsy when EDM drafted McDavid

Lmao very fair

Just watched Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. What an experience phenomenal movie

<a href='index.php?showuser=26' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>BasedMinkus</a>

Seeing Rogue One tomorrow. Generous 5/10 incoming.

I saw Rogue One on Monday with one of my friends and he thought it was worst than the prequels.

We don't talk anymore.

... seriously, it's no Empire but it's still a decent movie. It would have been better with less characters because I honestly wouldn't be able to call three of them by their name. Jyn is the only one who gets any kind of backstory and I didn't care about any of the other dudes. I think just her and two other side characters would've been more than enough.

With that being said, I quite enjoyed the movie. It's an interesting addition to the Star Wars universe and, in my opinion, is wayyyyyyy better than the prequels. I'd watch Rogue One 10 times before I'd watch Attack of the Clones once.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Dec 22 2016, 08:18 AM
I saw Rogue One on Monday with one of my friends and he thought it was worst than the prequels.

We don't talk anymore.

... seriously, it's no Empire but it's still a decent movie. It would have been better with less characters because I honestly wouldn't be able to call three of them by their name. Jyn is the only one who gets any kind of backstory and I didn't care about any of the other dudes. I think just her and two other side characters would've been more than enough.

With that being said, I quite enjoyed the movie. It's an interesting addition to the Star Wars universe and, in my opinion, is wayyyyyyy better than the prequels. I'd watch Rogue One 10 times before I'd watch Attack of the Clones once.

I think that is by design though with the lack of back stories given how it ends.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Dec 22 2016, 11:36 AM
I think that is by design though with the lack of back stories given how it ends.
It should still be a movie on its own, with characters you can feel for and like.

There are movies that aren't meant to have sequels that still have good character development.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Dec 22 2016, 08:55 AM

It should still be a movie on its own, with characters you can feel for and like.

There are movies that aren't meant to have sequels that still have good character development.

Right but with how it ends, I think the directors and script writers didn't want you to have an emotional feeling towards too many characters.

Pretty much like all of You I have seen every Star wars movie and think that all of them are 5/10. Just like Spangs said somewhere in this thread.
And couple of cartoon episodes as well. Tbh I don't understand what's so special about Star Wars that there is such fanbase.
Edit: haven't seen Rogue one and don't think that I will watch it anytime soon.

I didn't see Rogue One, I saw La La Land instead. It was a good movie. I have never liked musicals, but this one was seriously good, didn't even mind the random dance numbers and singing. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling were great.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode