Create Account

S36 Championship Week

task 1

If i was a coach for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, in this case the Seattle Riot these are the lines i would use.

lundberg wilson kane
hamilton kylrad lloren
iqbal knouse sirius
hamilton kylrad lloren

fearghal orlov
vas justice
reed salami

mcfadden

Id probably give the 1st line the most ice time with the 2nd not too far behind with the 3rd way less and then the 4th line being the 2nd doubleshifted again. The 2nd line has been dominant all throught the season and was still pretty good in the playoffs and was maybe broken up too early. Kane and lundberg are experienced veterans who should be leaned on to lead the team and played more compared to the weaker 3rd line. No one cares about D anyways since forwards win cups and Seattles d was pretty bad anyways and just relied on abdeezy to carry them in net which almost worked taking the dragons to 7 in OT but some combo of that d should be fine

task 2

My unsung hero for this playoffs is the renegades defenseman lord vader. First off this is the correct answer cause what a great name and how can you dare anger lord vader, it would just result in your death. More importantly Lord Vader has been that consistent under the radar player that all cup winning teams need to be successful he's 5th in the team for points with 8 assists setting everyone up and tied for first in shots blocked and 2nd in hits showing that hes putting it all out their on the line to win his team the cup. He's also has a +5 rating and logs a massive 29 minutes a game as the team relies on him to be that consistent defensive presence. Vader may not be putting up those insane flashy numbers but he is a huge reason for why texas is able to make their championship run.

task 3

The texas renegades clearly have the edge in this playoff series, although the teams did go 1-1 in the regular season the renegades outscored them 12-7. Secondly although the Wolfpack had a great late season run to make the playoffs after getting rid of some of their dead weight and have tons of experience, theyre old and slow. More importantnly the fact that they were that far out of the playoffs is astonishing considering you have shitty free win teams like the steelhawks and even the rage in the east. Then you got teams like the platoon who just consistently choke so who knows if they're ever competing or rebuilding they're just there and the stampede with their constant god knows internal issues. This makes it so trash teams like the chiefs and their 4 actives can make the playoffs. Meanwhile in the west you got great teams like the panthers missing out on the playoffs because of how competitive it is. Texas also cleanly dispatched the dragons 4-0 showing their dominance and if they do somehow lose this series its because they're all tired out and worn from having to deal with a much tougher western conference, but Texas is clearly the more skilled team.

task 5 [Image: nWt6wkP.png]

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Code:
TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

I’m going to look at Buffalo, but without looking at the lines they used. I’ll just make my own, and hope it isn’t what they’re doing. I’m just going to focus on forwards, because I have no clue what to do with defense. For 1st line I like Selich at center. On the wings I’ll use Szlerchek and Wachter. 2nd line, Winter at center, with Benson and McZehrl on the wings. 3rd line, Vorkämpfer at center, Burton and Pecker as the wings.

I have no interest in coaching, so I don’t know if this would work. My thought process is: the top line is a physical, defensive, possession focused line. They might not score a ton, but I would expect a reasonable amount of offense from them, but their goal would be to shut down other top lines. We would be hoping for a large portion of our scoring to come from the second line, which still has quite a bit of offensive talent, even if it is a bit older. Then the third line has enough talent to provide some depth scoring, and shouldn’t give up too much when facing superior players.

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

I really like Lord Vader as the unsung hero of the playoffs. I love what defensive defensemen bring to a team, even if it doesn’t show up on the score sheet a whole lot. He goes out on the ice, does his job of disrupting plays with his checking, and sacrificing the body blocking shots. Every team needs a guy like that. He’s among the best defensive defensemen in the league, so I think he deserves some attention.

The index isn’t quite caught up, but through 10 games, he had 8 assists. Nothing spectacular, but solid for a player who will be focusing on defense. He has 32 hits, and 20 blocked shots. He also has a =/- rating of 5, which maybe should be a little higher, but I don’t want to read too much into that. In Vader, you’ve got a guy who plays a lot of minutes, puts up a reasonable number of points, and helps keep the puck out of the net, what more do you want?

Code:
TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

Going into the finals I have to give Texas the edge. I think momentum is on their side. Sweeping a strong Calgary team in the second round is a big statement. I thought they would probably win, but I would have never guessed they would sweep them. In past seasons, Texas had been a team that I don’t think fully played up to the potential of the roster they had. I think that this post season, they are finally playing up to that level. I don’t know how good New England is anymore. They’ve only really gotten worse over the past few seasons. They are still a solid team, but I don’t think they’ll have enough to stop a Texas team that is really clicking.

My biggest factor will be coaching. I think Texas has better coaching right now. They both have star players on offense and defense. Both teams have excellent goaltending. The rosters may be comparable, but I think Texas is the better coached team right now.

Code:
TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

Prior to the finals, the SHL will be hosting a charity auction. The items available for bidding will be game worn jerseys from the teams in the finals. The jerseys will be donated by the players, and will be the jerseys they wore during the first and second rounds of the playoffs. There will also be meet and greet opportunities with the players in attendance.

It will be a silent auction. Prior to bidding, the players will come out on stage, wearing the jersey they are going to be donating to the auction. The players donating include Geoffrey Allen, Jack Durden, Winston Windsor, Patrikov Bure, Dieter Dominique, and Jasper Clayton. There will be other items available, but these are expected to be the biggest attractions. The jerseys will be presented to the winners by the player donating it. All the money collected by the auction will be given to Unidos por Puerto Rico, to help those affected by hurricanes Irma and Maria.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

TASK ONE

New Era Mini Sodas (Part 2)

It’s hard to debate with the lines used by Minnesota in their run to the Eastern Conference Finals. The team is on the upswing, and their coaching is a huge reason why. However, they fell to New England, so a shake up in the lines could prove to be a boon to them. First, let’s look at the new forward lines:

C - LW - RW
Lord Pretty Flacko - Yuriy Starkonov - Halfdan Thorstein (0 - 1 - 4) 40%
Derrick Glover - Ivan Koroviev - Terrance Nova (0 - 1 - 4) 35%
Lord Pretty Flacko - Lohlann O’Rourke - Halfdan Thorstein (0 - 2 - 3) 15%
Derrick Glover - Ivan Koroviev - Terrance Nova (0 - 2 - 3) 10%

Overall, the main difference in these lines is that Koroviev and Starkonov find their places somewhat swapped.The main reason for this is just to aid the firepower on the second line: Flacko is good enough that he can make up for the loss of Koroviev on the first. Secondly, although the team will still ‘overplay’ its players somewhat, no players will be double-shifted without a break in between, to allow them to play even greater minutes than they currently are. It’s an unpopular tactic, but one which Minnesota (and many other teams, including Edmonton while I was still managing it) was able to use. In Edmonton, it helped bring an absolutely porous team to the playoffs when it had no right being there. It works, plain and simple. Now, for the defense.

LD - RD
Alonzo Garbanzo - Veli Kaalinpaa (1 - 2 - 2) 40%
Eero Hamalainen - Noctis Caelum (1 - 2 - 2) 30%
Alonzo Garbanzo - Veli Kaalinpaa (1 - 2 - 2) 20%
Aaron Crawford - Noctis Caelum (1 - 3 - 1) 10%

Overall, these lines haven’t changed too much. Kaalinpaa is double-shifted alongside Garbanzo to keep them playing together at all times, and the pair see their ice-time increase somewhat. Again, not a popular strategy, but Garbanzo is arguably the greatest defenceman of all time -- he can handle it. Their strategies are changed as well. Although the 1-2-2 strategy (the ‘Leafs’ strategy, after Winnipeg’s legendary manager) was already in place on the top line, in this version, it applies to the top three lines. It’s an extremely solid defensive strategy. It doesn’t work for all teams, but when paired with defensively capable players, it’s a tactic without much by the way of weaknesses.

In sum, Minnesota is doing it right -- but if they went even further in the ‘unfair’ direction in overplaying players, and adjusted their strategies slightly, they might be able to go even farther. Then again, their previous strategies may well bear them a Cup with a year or two of added development and acquisitions. It’s all speculation right now.

TASK TWO

The Unsung Hero: Zanarkand Abes

For the Texas Renegades, the title of unsung hero has to go to none under than Zanarkand Abes. Although Abes played more of a utility role throughout the season, he has heated up considerably throughout the playoffs, notching 7 points in the first couple of rounds. In addition, he’s been a plus 5 -- a rating that is all the more impressive when you consider that he plays on the third line, which is often sent out to match up against some of the more dangerous offensive lives the other teams have to offer.

More than just being an unsung hero, the story of Abes in the playoffs this season is one of promise -- of a player who, once he’s given a chance, could very well rise into the spotlight and play a top six role for the Renegades admirably. He may not have had that chance yet this year, but with play like he’s had, is there any doubting that he has the ability? Texas owes a lot of their success this season to his hot performance, and although the same could be said for a host of other players on a team that’s clicking, Abes has the distinction of getting it done on the ice, without gaining much media attention for it.

TASK THREE

Texas: In the Bubble
Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

Now that the dust has settled on the Challenge Cup finals, it appears obvious that it was the Texas Renegades that had the edge. Going into the final series, that might not have been immediately evident -- New England may have made a spectacular comeback to even make it into the playoffs to begin with, and therefore have been riding something of a ‘Cinderella story’ -- but they’re still the Wolfpack, and nothing is going to take that away from them. They’re a team with a host of players with championship pedigree, coaching staff that have done seemingly nothing but win since the team’s great culture shift from the ‘Dean Colt’ team to the ‘Jasper Clayton’ team, and a really solid core of newer players to back up veterans.

So, what gives (or gave) Texas the edge? Simply put, Texas is in the midst of its ‘winning bubble’ -- and in fact, it’s on the waning end of it. A lot of players in Texas are facing retirement, and more may well face it this coming season. Although the Renegades have, on paper, a spectacular team, it’s a team that simply can’t last for much longer. Not in its current state, at least. So, Texas had the advantage of having a motivated locker room, with many of its players trying desperately to win their first cup. On the ice, certainly, the inclusion of a few new players over the past couple of seasons helped -- and where the Wolfpack’s additions seemed to hamper their chemistry, the Renegades’ more recent signings and trades have only helped to strengthen the team. To top it all off, the strategies adopted by Buschener, the Renegades’ coach, follow a somewhat ‘classic’ style, reimagined to fit the modern pace of play, and actually managed to take the league by surprise.

TASK FOUR

Unfriendly Charity

The Renegades and the Wolfpack are two teams that do not particularly mesh well, on paper or in real life. Their team cultures, images, and respective followings are as far from one another as it’s possible to get. That being said, even teams at odds can put their differences aside for charity -- and to achieve this, the SHL sought to try to pair off players that would be able to get along and work together, rather than simply bringing the entire teams together -- a recipe for disaster, certainly.

In order to raise funds for the Allen-Kaiser Duck Protection Organization, a charity dedicated to saving ducks in national parks from unlicensed hunters, the SHL had Jasper Clayton and Winston Windsor facilitate and organize a temporary tea shop, drawing upon stereotypes of Britishness that Windsor himself has largely helped to spread. Tea was sold at a premium, with all proceeds going to the charity. Geoffrey Allen was paired with Spitfire to organize a contest in which two dollars gave the contestant a chance to try his or her hand at a couple trick shots with a street hockey ball. The shots were ludicrously difficult, with the promise of the earnings being split 50/50 for each winner. There were, of course, no winners. Finally, Beau Bent was paired alongside Raven Silverwing. Truth be told, they barely got along, but their activity was simple -- sign autographs and encourage passers-by to participate in some of the actual events.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

Fun PT! Smile

Looking back at the Minnesota Chiefs' playoff run there are a few changes i think could have been made, despite the already solid lines put together by Baelor/management.

Last lines:

5 vs. 5 Forward:
Center-Left Wing-Right Wing -- Time % -- Phy -- Def -- Off
1. Flacko - Koroviev - Thorstein -- 40% -- 1 - 1 - 3
2. Glover - Starkonov - Nova -- 40% -- 0 - 0 - 5
3. Glover - O'Rourke - Thorstein -- 10% -- 0 - 2 - 3
4. Flacko - Koroviev - Nova -- 10% -- 0 - 2 - 3

5 vs. 5 Defense:
Defense-Defense -- Time % -- Phy -- Def -- Off
1. Garbanzo - Kaalinpaa -- 45% -- 1 - 2 -2
2. Hamalainen - Caelum -- 40% -- 0 - 4 - 1
3. Garbanzo - Crawford -- 10% -- 1 - 3 - 1
4. Hamalainen - Caelum -- 5% -- 0 - 4 - 1

New lines:

5 vs. 5 Forward:
Center-Left Wing-Right Wing -- Time % -- Phy -- Def -- Off
1. Flacko - Koroviev - Nova -- 35% -- 0 - 1 - 4
2. Glover - Starkonov - Nova -- 30% -- 0 - 0 - 5
3. Flacko - Koroviev - Thorstein -- 30% -- 1 - 1 - 3
4. Glover - O'Rourke - Thorstein -- 5% -- 0 - 2 - 3

I feel strat changes would have made the biggest difference with the already solid lines instead of player swapping.

1. There is no way the Flacko - Koro - Nova line should have been nerfed at any point of the playoffs. The Chiefs "live or die" with their stars and play them so much that it did not sense why reduce the time their 3 best forwards would be on the ice together to only 10%. It would had made sense to keep the same lines without breaking up chemistry, while allowing the best players on the roster to play together a lot more against a team with stacked lines like NEW.

2. The Flacko - Koro - Nova line strat probably could have been a lot more explosive at 0-1-4 or even a full 0-0-5. The Chiefs have a pretty underrated backend that could have handled it too. Against a team like NEW, you have to be aggressive and hold possession. The Chiefs best line on offense was their 3rd and I think it would have given Minnesota a slight advantage over NEW if their best line was set to more of an attack offense strat.

3. The Flacko - Koro - Nova line should have been swapped to the 1st line. The management should have definitely pondered abit more about the potential of Flacko - Koro - Nova playing together in the playoffs.

5 vs. 5 Defense:
Defense-Defense -- Time % -- Phy -- Def -- Off
1. Garbanzo - Kaalinpaa -- 45% -- 1 - 2 -2
2. Hamalainen - Caelum -- 40% -- 1 - 2 - 2
3. Garbanzo - Crawford -- 10% -- 1 - 3 - 1
4. Hamalainen - Caelum -- 5% -- 1 - 2 - 2

1. 1-2-2 on all the defensive pairings, it's safer to use in this era and could have given Chiefs a lot more possession time.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My choice for the unsung hero would be Lord Vader. He logged in a team leading 29 minutes per game playing the depth role for the Texas Renegades' defense. Only the most reliable players are trusted with those minutes and Vader took on major responsibilities defensively and was a big part of Renes' success. In the 16 game run, he placed 2nd on the team in hits (46) and shots blocked (31). He scored 0 goals in 18 shots but a lot of his shot attempts resulted in dangerous scoring chances or a goal. His 11 assists were more than enough to show off his two-way skills in big minutes. People might turn heads on a guy that plays that many minutes but a coach will never shy away from getting the most out of their best players in times that count, especially from a guy that can maintain a solid +5 after all those MPGs.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

Both teams are extremely solid on paper so it is hard to say who has the edge. To compare both team's performance in the last round, although, would help distinguish the parity of both teams. The New England Wolfpack would usually be the team to go with every season but after the Renes' sweep of the #1 regular season team, it is clear that momentum is a huge factor in the final round. The Chiefs had kind of a breakout run into the Eastern Conference Finals and gave the Wolfpack a run for their money. Texas looks like it's in a better form coming in and are as determined as ever. Getting eliminated season after season while their roster grows old, playoff window closing.. it is now or never for them. The Wolfpack have close out experience and are back where they have been so many times, so it will definitely be a matter of who adapts first as a team rather than a head-to-head skill battle.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The SHL will be holding a pick up road hockey charity event hosted by Eastern conference finals playoff teams Minnesota Chiefs and the New England Wolfpack. The Event will take place in the hotel parking where the Chiefs will be staying for their road games in New England. The charity event is for kids with cancer and a way to practice humility in times we might forget the less fortunate. The event will include 6 teams of kids between 12-19 years old (we will balance out a fair average age for each team. 3 of them coached by Chiefs players the other 3 managed by a Wolfpack players. There will be no road tilting despite the rivalry between both teams as all coaches have to sign an integrity oath. Rules include 2 line shifts so 11 players per team. Come down and sign up for the event to donate and give back to the community! What is better as a hockey fan than being coached by today's SHL stars? Toivo Kosonen, Patrikov Bure, Mikke Laukkanen of the Wolfpack, Eero Hämäläinen, Halfdan Thorstein and Chris Crutchfield of the Chiefs will all be there to manage the teams! Don't miss out on the chance to play with them!

Doubt is a dream killer

After the Jets gave the Challenge Cup champion Texas Renegades a bit of a scare in the first round, taking a 2-0 series lead, many (myself included) started to believe an all too early playoff exit was on the cards for the boys in black. However, 4 straight wins allowed them to claw their way back into the series. If I were the GM of the Jets, I would have taken their strategy of excessive ice time to top players even further and rolled with the setup

Evans - Fleming - Visser
Evans - Fleming - Visser
Evans - Fleming - Visser
Evans - Fleming - Visser

Manious - Weber
Manious - Weber
Manious - Weber

The reason I would use these lines is because it was proven that the strategy of giving all of the ice time to the star players and not using much depth yielded results, and taking this a step further might have been able to really stop the Renegades in their tracks.

Code:
156 words.

My choice for the unsung hero of the S36 is my team mate Adam Falk, who stands out as perhaps the most unsung of all in a year of unsung heroes. Adam Falk plays on the first forward line with the two star offensive names on the Renegades, Geoffrey Allen and Jack Durden. Both Allen and Durden delivered exquisite playoff performances for which they have been rightly heralded, but much less has been made of Adam Falk's contribution, even though he delivered 16 points in 16 games and brought home a +7 rating. Falk scored 6 goals but crucially made 10 assists, feeding the puck to his linemates and driving the forward line that no opposition could successfully line match. Sure, Allen and Durden deserve all the praise they'll get, and perhaps a lot more, for their performances in these playoffs, but credit must go to Falk for being the crucial third member of the line, contributing massively and being possibly the unpraised member on a line that was simply unstoppable all season long.

Code:
174 words.

It may sound cynical to say this after the fact but I was firmly of the belief from the outset that Texas had a clear edge going into the series. The New England Wolfpack, although still a formidable outfit with a mix of some of the league's elite alongside some very hot prospects have looked like much less of a threat since losing their talismanic captain and perennial all star Nathan Russell to retirement this season, with a tough regular season that saw them just scrape into the playoffs after a post trade deadline burst and two tough series leading up to the finals, whereas Texas' season has been steady and controlled from day one, with the team really hitting their stride as they took apart the Calgary Dragons in 4 games. Ultimately though, I believe Texas' outstanding defensive unit to be the biggest factor in their success. Their big name defensemen really stepped it up and drove play all season long, allowing the forwards to do their thing and not feel so pressured.

Code:
176 words.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

New England is the favorite once again to win this season's Challenge Cup, and for good reason. They handily dispatched a strong North Stars team and a surging Chiefs team. Their success can be owed to the dynamic forwards Patrikov Bure and Raven Silverwing, both contributing equally on offense as well as offensive contributions from their star defenseman Toivo Kosonen, the three combining for an astonishing 40 points. These three players combined . On the other side, Texas really only has Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, and Winston Windsor who have combined for 37 in comparison. The Renegades, while a very solid team, just will not be able to keep up with the Wolfpack's superstars. Don't let these teams' regular seasons records fool you (TX 29-16-5 and NE was 26-17-7); New England had a tougher conference to play in and being able to still come out 1st in the East speaks to just how good this team is.

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

Front
[Image: yqFF4B8.png]

Back
[Image: PN77LUp.png]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

Does a bobble head count?

[Image: RcNSW8j.png]

I would take any of the teams. Any one of those teams that were eliminated in the playoffs, and make one slight change. I would change their defense. This is what won Texas the championship, and I will spoil the secret. The old Leafs 1-2-2 defense. It makes them play completely different and revolutionized the transition game for us. Without that I don't know if we win the Cup, and may have been taken out by a team utilizing that defense. It renders other teams offenses obsolete, and makes your defense play physical but not take penalties.

That's all it would take to take a team with a poor defense like Calgary to the next level in shot suppression and defense transition. Their offense with thrive because of it, getting feeds up the ice, being able to cheat a little bit every backcheck. I would take that change to every team. Leafs knew what he was doing

Zanakard Abes is the unsung hero of the playoffs today. That third line Texas did a complete 180 on the season. Content with being role players, putting up 10-20 points a year, working hard in the defensive zone, and playing a chippy game, Bent-Abes-Horvat was beloved by Texas fans all season for their in your face style of play, and their ability to relieve pressure off of the top lines and go out against other teams top lines. It didn't go well all the time, the line finished around -13 for every linemate, but they still went out and did their job every night

In the playoffs, lead by Abes, the lines stepped its game up. Abes was one of the most talented players in that bottom 6, going hard every game at both ends of the ice, and without him leading that third line to offensive production, Texas may not have made the finals

Now, the series is over, so this is more disingenuous than it would have been before it, but no matter what I would have said Texas. The defense was working all playoffs, one of the top teams in the playoffs. After going down 2-0 against Winnipeg Texas had won 8 straight, sweeping both series after game 2 in Winnipeg. So, to say that NEW had any advantage is crazy. Texas had a better season in a harder conference and worked on their game all season, finding the perfect balance of lines in the playoffs, and steamrolling their way in. NEW was on a good run, but ultimately, Texas was the hotter team going in, and they proved it

As Texas coach I was always going to say this, and I think ultimately the defense and momentum that Texas experienced led them to victory over New England. They won the first two, extending their winning streak to 10 games, and closed it out in 6.

The New England Wolfpack and Texas Renegades worked together on an initiative in the SHL during the finals. The Challenge Cup Finals roamed from hospital to hospital in the Boston and Dallas area. When doing home games in Texas, the two teams would go with each other to a local hospital the day before the game, both supporting the other team's very similar Renegades Miracles and the New England Kids Fund. The charities support local Make-A-Wish foundation and cancer hospitals (specifically childrens). So after landing in their respective city, and after a practice, the team would go to a local hospital and meet kids and talk about the finals, and give away tickets to lucky fans. All-in-all over 500 tickets were donated to these foundations for the Finals as the SHL teamed up with both teams to make these kids dreams come true. It was truly an incredible event, and incredible teamwork from these enemies turned friends for a couple afternoons with kids

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Code:

Decided to play around with the Buffalo Stampede instead of the Winnipeg Jets (my parent team) I felt since I don't know the players it be easy to simply move the pieces without any preconceived ideas.

5 vs 5 Forward
Center / Left Wing / Right Wing - -- Time % Phy DF OF
1 )Nicolas Winter / Maximilian Wachter / VLAD McZehrl ---40 0 0 5
2 )Eduard Selich / Jack Burton/ David Benson --- 30 0 1 4
3 )Viktor Vorkämpfer / Zallerras Szlerchek/ Dickie Pecker --- 20 1 2 2
4 )Viktor Vorkämpfer/ David Benson/ VLAD McZehrl ---10 1 2 2

This is how they appear in the S36 Regular season index I felt based on S36 results

I would try this..

5 vs 5 Forward
Center/ Left Wing / Right Wing ---Time % Phy DF OF
1 )Nicolas Winter / Maximilian Wachter/ VLAD McZehrl ---35 0 0 5
2 )Eduard Selich / Jack Burton/ David Benson ---35 0 1 4
3.)VLAD McZehrl / Eduard Selich/ Maximilian Wachter ---25 0 0 5
4.)Viktor Vorkamper / Zallerras Szierchek/ Dickie Pecker. ---05 1 3 1

I did a simple mix and double shifting of the top 3 scoring forwards from S36 by creating a new 3rd line and moving the old 3rd line down to a minimum ice time 4th line. The minutes and play style are adjusted to match the "Firewagon" or "No Defense" style I was going for..I know nothing about coaching so this is basic day dreaming that a short shifted All Attack style would have been successful.

5 vs 5 Defense
Defense Defense Time % Phy DF OF
1 Alexis Metzler/ Ludwig Koch Schroder ---40 0 2 3
2 Barney Stinson/ Brynjar Tusk ---30 0 3 2
3 Brynjar Tusk/ Charles Walker --- 20 0 4 1
4 Alexis Metzler/ Ludwig Koch Schroder --- 10 0 3 2

I didn't adjust the defense lines as it really wouldn't of changed much. I would have continued to use LKS like a fourth forward and ramped up an overload in the Attack zone as much as possible gambling on the constant attack overwhelming the opponents ..It was something different... hey WTF.. They're called the Stampede for a reason...Eyebrow

FIVE
[Image: LNnA3Hl.png]

SIX
[Image: VBCPJJc.png]

SEVEN
[Image: parYM8Y.png]

EIGHT
[Image: qUY9nyg.png]

Task 3
Coming into this series, New England has the edge. There's a lot of momentum coming out of New England at the moment. After going from worst to first in the Eastern Conference, there's an energetic air in the locker room. After moving some players , the team got serious about their play and really stepped up. Now, through two rounds in the playoffs, New England is playing some of the best hockey it's ever played. It will be interesting to see if Texas is able to handle the high energy Wolfpack. Games at the Wolfpack arena will be deafening, the fanbase is loud as ever, thankful, proud and hyped for these finals. Based on performance through the playoffs, Texas is regarded as the favorites for this series, but the attitude in the New England locker room would never give the hint of underdogs. New England will rely on its depth to triumph over Texas.

Task 5
[Image: wJNxoQU.png]

Task 6
[Image: PhRguoE.png]

Task 7
[Image: VJbPkf1.png]

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: sXApaiJ.jpg]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: hh8H3kM.jpg]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: QWoWzzo.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: cm7c6lo.png]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

TASK ONE:
Since I'm real lazy and don't want to do any research, I'll do the lines for the Toronto North Stars. The Stars struggled to find chemistry after adding superstar defenseman Chris Crutchfield at the trade deadline, and lost the opening three games of their first round series. They won the next two, but it was a case of too little, too late, and the defending champs bowed out in six games.

Kudleychuk-Eriksson-York
Jesster-Laing-Wert
Rowe-Wind-Kesler
Jesster-Eriksson-Wert

Crutchfield-Taylor
Rhys-Malkin
Ruud-Crutchfield
Malkin-Taylor

The top six remains unchanged, as those lines have been proven to work consistently in the playoffs. The third line however, reintroduces Robb Wind into the lineup. Wind sat out the entire regular season to allow rookie Elias Lindstrom to play, but I think the North Stars missed his veteran presence this post season. The fourth line now features Eriksson, because I'm selfish and want to play more. On the back end, Crutchfield is a star, and should be the heavy minute man. Paired with the more defensive Cynthia Taylor, they should form a solid pairing. Rhys and Malkin were together practically all season, and both had career years.

TASK FIVE:
[Image: 6Jx0KdX.png]

TASK SIX:
[Image: 9aqdnh4.png]

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: eAslWjA.png]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

TASK ONE:
The Minnesota quite clearly lost due to the fact that Dean Colt Jr was absent from the lineup. With his scoring prowess being kept under wraps all season, it looked to be his time to shine in the playoffs but the call did not come and the Minnesota Chiefs were sadly out on their ass before you could say faceoff.

There were rumours circulating that Colt had asked out after the loss, citing his legs being tired from sitting on the bench and having to hire a golf cart to drive him to his flight. There apparently was an argument, which didn't last long, on the amount of production Colt has managed so far, apparently though, when told he wanted out, he was told by Baelor to by all means leave, no one will miss him and his salary is low enough to not care.

Such talent should not be held down, 1st line and 1st PP unit or bust.

TASK TWO:
The hydration levels and the amount of sweat on each player of the Chiefs, was at a very minimal 0.2% and 6.2% respectively over the playoffs, all at the effort of Dean Colt who served as both the towel boy and water boy for the entirety of the playoffs.

However with both of these positions fillled, he sat there and watched the game from the end of the bench, even once asking the actual water boy for water but taking credit for getting himself a drink.

During the second period however, he made a very glaring error, his bottle of vodka got mixed up and rather then inform the couch, it got passed around amongst the teammates. Colt could do nothing but watch in horror as his drunken teammates lost the game, if for no reason than being a bunch of lightweights who are unable to handle strong booze.

TASK THREE:
Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

The clear edge here is New England, with Colt Sr having been through the ranks and the sheer dedication to faceoffs he showed, there is inspiration to be the best you can be, to be the best at your craft and there has been a wining culture who has emulated that excellence through repeated cup victories.

The groundwork was laid by those that were before them, the Colts, Colts, and a few others whose names have been lost to the ravages of time.

TASK FOUR:
Dean Colt, Hertzberg and Feist did a charity autograph session, donations by choice. Bysides Colts grandmother, only one person showed up and they were lost and looking for directions.

They spent the rest of the day phoning the coach to ask for more ice time, but they only got the answering machine and once the mailbox was full, they gave up and went drinking. During which time they ran into one of the officials for the game that night, and by run in, actually literally, which may or may not have resulted in some slightly biased officating.

They called to tell the coach, but unfortunastely for them all, he still wasn't taking their calls.

In an effort to notify him of the issue with the official, they headed to the arena but upon arriving they noticed that he was not there and they were out of gas. When they got onto the team bus and drove off, the team started to arrive in their vehicles as Colt, Feist and Hertzberg drove to the next city.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

GFX #1
[Image: D4RuCYC.png]

GFX #2
[Image: ziVeCMh.png]

GFX #3
[Image: 0pGGNE1.png]

GFX #4 - I am lazy, so I didn't really try to make something that could actually go on the top.
[Image: QUvu0Eu.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I think my focus would be on Seattle. They found themselves flirting with a series upset against Calgary but couldn't close the deal. I thinktoo much of the strategy was based around an 0-1-4 attack that it just wasn't sustainable against an over matched Dragon team. With Portland we would run a 0-1-4 with a 0-2-3, followed up by a strong defensive forward 3rd line that ran a 0-4-1. This really set the tone in the S35 playoffs when we were overmatched against the same Calgary team.

I think if you roll the same lines for Seattle and switch the entire defense to a 1-2-2 strategy the Riot get the upset. Running those 0-1-4 lines is way too volatile for an overmatched team like Seattle, sure it can work for Texas, but look at the difference in TPE. You have to account for mismatches on the ice and a defensive third line allows for some damage control up front and throughout a playoff series.

My unsung hero throughout these playoffs was undoubtedly Winston Windsor. The aging defenseman proved important throughoutt Texas' run as he managed 17 points, of which 15 of those via assists. Most importantly, Winston logged some heavy minutes and mustered up 32 blocked shots.

Of the two goals these playoffs, both were game winners as the old man proved clutch in the time of need. A team laden with talent, Windsor stood out even though from a media standpoint, much was accredited to his play. Being down 2-0 to Winnipeg, Winston showed up in Game 3 with an assist on the game winner in overtime and then again showed up with another assist late in the 3rd period to bring Texas back to a 2-2 series tie. Under the radar, cast under shadows... Windsor was the anchor of the Texas defense and champions are made of the kind of leadership Windsor shows on the ice.

[Image: Wally.png]