Create Account

S39 Championship Week

Code:
TASK ONE: There are two options for this task.
How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

The beginning of the off season begins with Sami Owens heading back home to collect his items in Hamilton after losing. This off season Sami Owens was going to go to Manhattan to visit his favorite SHL player and doggo. Sami Owens was heading to go visit Geoffrey Allen and his dog Onyx. Onyx is the cutest dog in the world, so Owens had to make sure to go visit him. At the same time, Owens was going to hit up Time Square and do some shopping. He has always dreamed of hitting up the big city with lights and enjoying himself. He also plans to hit up the local bar scene and do a bit of responsible partying. His off season also consists of training which a lot of it will be walking Onyx around central park and doing a daily job around central park. This off season Sami Owens will be taking it a bit easy and resting up in hopes of being ready to finally break out next year.
Quote:172 Words

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My choice for unsung hero of these playoffs is Maximillian Wachter from the Los Angeles Panthers. The reason is that he has been a consistent player thus far in the playoffs while playing second line minutes. He is currently a point per game with 8 points in 8 games which shows he has been excellent thus far. He is also providing physicality which is needed in the playoffs with 27 hits which is good for third overall on the Panthers. He has also been effective at even strength and on the power play with 4 points each even strength and power play points. Wachter has also played a lot of minutes thus far with 198 minutes. Overall Wachter has been an excellent player for the Panthers and will likely be a reason why they might win. He provides amazing depth for a already good team. I think the Panthers got an excellent playoff type player in Wachter.
Quote:156 Words

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
Done

Code:
TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

The player on the Los Angeles Panthers that will have to stand out most is defenseman Danny Foster. Foster has been known to be a goon and thus far in the playoffs has 24 PIM. Foster is also an excellent defenseman who puts up points. He has 9 points in 8 games so far and is a rock on the back end.

The player on the Minnesota Chiefs that will have to stand out most is Alonzo Garbanzo. The amazing defenseman has had an amazing career and will have to continue to be amazing on the Chiefs defense for them to stand a chance. So far he has been pretty good with 10 points in 8 games along with 12 shots blocked. He will have to continue to play well for them to stand a chance.

I predict the MVP will be Olli O’Koivu because he has been amazing in goal for the Chiefs.
Quote: 155 words

Bonus question:
Cup Winning Goal: Jean-Luc Reflieux

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Jean-Luc Reflieux

Task One: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

After the Steelhawks lost in the first round to the New England Wolfpack in 7 games, the result was seen as a failure by the media. Instead of partying during the offseason, the Steelhawks big 3 of Noro Wozy, Zanarkand Abes, and Ronnie Westbrook decided it would be best to spend the offseason training in the home country of Abes that is Japan. Immediately getting off the plane after the 15 hour flight, the trio decided they would hit up Abes favorite gym. The New Japan Pro Wrestling Dojo. It was in the Dojo where they ended up doing intense pro wrestling training. They did conditioning exercises such as running the ropes, doing bumps, and 10,000 hindu squats each day they were in the dojo. Afterwards, they went to Abes home town of Sapporo to practice their hockey skills in the rink Abes grew up in. At the time of writing this, the players are still in Japan training, the condition they come into training camp a few months from now remains to be seen.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

I think the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs has to be Mattias Holmberg. Holmberg despite not being a force offensively, scoring only 10 points throughout the playoffs has been a defensive force for the Chiefs in their cup winning playoff run. Holmberg had the most shots blocked for the Chiefs with 29. He has played the most minutes amongst defenders with 353. He spent 32 of those minutes on the penalty kill. Just below Odegard and Glover for the team lead in penalty kill minutes. He was named 3rd star once and first star twice these playoffs. Because of Holmberg's defensive efforts, the Chiefs allowed only 38 goals against, and have a penalty kill conversion rate of 85%. Because of that I think Holmberg is the unsung hero of these playoffs. I'll even say this, if it wasn't for Holmberg, I don't think the Chiefs would've even won the SHL Challenge Cup for season 39.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Done

TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

While the challenge cup finals is over, that doesn't mean I can't make a prediction for the Challenge Cup MVP for each team. For the winners the Minnesota Chiefs, I think the MVP has to be Terrance Nova without a doubt. He lead the playoffs with 19 points. 10 of those points being goals and 9 being assists. What's even better is that 4 of those goals and 5 of those points in total came from the power play. He has also managed to stay out of the penalty box the entire playoffs not racking up a single penalty minute during all of Minnesota's playoff series. I think for those reasons, Nova deserves to be the MVP for Minnesota.

For the Panthers it has to be Jean-Luc Reflieux. He was the top scorer for the Panthers these playoffs scoring 18 points, 7 of those being goals and 11 being assists. The Los Angeles playmaker also scored 4 points on the powerplay, all being assists. He was a force on the penalty kill logging 45 penalty kill minutes. He also led the Panthers in faceoff percentage of just over 51%. Lastly he had a plus minus of +9 during the entire playoffs. That's why I think Reflieux was the playoff MVP for Los Angeles.

The unsung hero [for the blizzard] up to this point, which hasn't changed since round 1, is Connor Tanner (<a href='index.php?showuser=2761' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Keygan</a>). But how you say? Well in a short span of 7 games he managed to increase him point per game output significantly when compared to the regular season. 0.7 to 0.4 to be specific. Secondly he led all Blizzard players in blocks shots, while playing fewer minutes then some big name players like Orlov and Wollker to name a few. The obvious big name out of Edmonton has to be Cory Knouse who single handedly won a game or two for the boys in blue, so the role of unsung hero fits quite nicely with the budding young blue liner. On a more serious note, as I assume this task is designed to target players in the actual finals, I’ll select Maximillian Wachter. The journey SHL’er arrived in Los Angeles during the offseason and has been a steady source of production all season long. That hasn’t changed in the playoffs as he sits with 8 points through the first 8 games and a tidy 27 hits to boot. A premier power forward, old Max has been a quality addition to the teal and gold.

TASK THREE: Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)
[Image: eEAg1kJ.png]

TASK FOUR: sent

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S39 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.
[Image: 2AJ3c8M.png]

Bonus question: Jean-Luc Reflieux

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Task 1
Being in the Four Star Cup final is an amazing experience for me. My grandfather Ben Wong has and father Hunter Wong have both been in the finals before. I was never able to visit Ben Wong’s final experiences as child, but, I was able to attend by father’s in Calgary. It was the season 32 cup final when he won his 3rd and final cup of his career. It was an amazing experience and one I’ll never forget. However, this it’s my turn now. I am the 3rd generation of the Wong family dynasty, but I am hoping to be able to do what Ben never did, and that was win as a skater for the Wongs. It’s been amazing time with my teammates, especially my best friend, Karno. He and I have been rooming together, just like Hunter and Gagner did in Calgary. Just some sort of special connection between the four of us. Hunter and Gagner were best of friends and they won three cups together. Unfortunately, Karno and I will only have this opportunity once barring any unforeseen circumstance. However, getting ready for the cup finals is no difference then any other game, but it just seems like we're all giving it 200% of effort without wasting energy. We have to take it one game at a time, win or lose, we got to keep going and while we have to keep our eye on the prize, we can’t overthink it. It’s a difficult situation to be in, but it sure hell is fun.

Task 2
The unsung hero of the playoffs for the Minnesota Chiefs has to be Mattias Holmberg. With only 10 points in the playoffs, he is being outshined by the other stars of the Chiefs with a high powered offence. However, if you dive deeper into the stats, he has blocked a team high 29 shots and has averaged about 23.52 minutes per game. This guy is a trooper. He has fought on every shift he’s been on the ice for. Without those 29 blocked shots, who knows how many more goals could’ve been let in by the Chiefs. Goaltender O’Koivu definitely appreciates the help of Holmberg. The more shots he blocks, the easier the job is for the netminder. However, Holmberg has also been clutch on 2 occasions. He may only have 2 goals in the playoffs, but, one of the goals was the game winning goal. And the other goal was a game tying goal. This guy doesn’t rack it up on the scoresheet to a casual fan’s eye, but to the diehards, the Minnesota fans and the Minnesota management, they know, without Holmberg, they may well possibly not be here.

Task 4
PM'd

Task 6
The player that will have to stand the most this series will be Olli O’Koivu. This season 31 draftee was given his chance to shine in these playoffs, and he sure has hell has. Having only losing 3 total games in the playoffs, 1 being in overtime, this man has been unbeatable. Boasting a 2.47 goals against average and a .919 save percentage, good luck getting any puck past this guy. The typical amount of goals for any team to win a game will be at least 3 goals. Well, if O’Koivu isn’t even letting in 3 goals per game, what is the other team supposed to do. The other team will need to rely on defence if they want to win any game, because they just ran into the hottest goaltender in the game right now. Just like the saying, you’re only as strong as your chin, in hockey, the saying I believe in is, you’re only going as far as your goaltender allows you. You can score 6 goals a game, but if your goaltender allows 7, all your work was for nothing. O’Koivu has gone above and beyond, not only keeping his team in games, but flat out stealing games. He is, in my mind, the MVP.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Code:
Task 1: Hows your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.
This was a much better season for the Colorado Mammoths. After missing the playoffs last season, they surprised a lot of people finishing in 2nd place. Ti-Guy’s playoffs debut didn't last long as the team was eliminated in 5 games. Ti-Guy had a call from his agent confirming he will be back with the team for one more season.

Ti-Guy was pretty emotive the few moments following his team elimination. The coaches told the guys in the locker room they should be proud of what they accomplished and wanted to meet everyone individually before everyone part their ways. Coaches Incite and Toe were really happy with Ti-Guy's progression. He put a lot of work to improve on his skating and cardio last off-season and it payed off. He will take two weeks off before hitting the gym again and getting ready for the training camp. Ti-Guy is really close to his mom and younger brother so he will stay with them for a while. He needs to take a break from hockey and will definately not watch the finals.

All the players on the team also agreed on a day to make a surprise visit to their team captain Gary Grease in Winnipeg. It was more than likely his last season with Colorado so the boys wanted to organise a little farewell party. Even though it should be really fun it's also gonna be a bit emotional saying good bye to a great player but more importantly a great guy. Besides that, Ti-Guy doesn't plan on travelling or partying too much. He knows he's not a natural talent, he can't afford any distractions or cutting loose. He knows the only way he will make it in the SHL is by working more than anyone else.

Code:
My nomination goes for the starting goaltender of the Prince George Firebirds Tommy Tuck. I know I know it might sound dumb giving the unsung hero title to a starting goalie but hear me out. All year long the attention was on that first line of Kyler Gill, Paddy Kane-Rielly and Mikhail Lokitonov. The spotlight was never on Tuck even though he played behind the worse defense with only one active member and posted good numbers in the regular season.

Tuck was the substitute when his team won the cup last season, it was his debut in playoffs. The consensus was PGF wouldn't go far due to a lack of depth. Against Detroit, Tuck only allowed 7 goals in 5 games including 2 shutouts to help his team advance. Most people thought they were gonna get destroyed against St.Louis in the demi finals. It turns out they almost pull a major upset losing in 7 games. Tommy finished the playoffs with a save percentage of .918%, the number 2 ranked goalie posted a .886%. Tuck proved he belongs among the best in the league and made a clear statement, that team wasn't just about the first line.

Code:
Task 4
PM'd

Code:
St. Louis
St.Louis is the best team on paper and clearly the favorites to win the Four Star Cup. But their showing in the previous round raise some doubt. They were down 3-2 against a much weaker team. Were they too confident? They were able to come back and you bet they won't make the same mistake of taking their opponent lightly. So far, the goals have come from pretty much everyone, no one standing out offensively. This team is all about defense first, I expect guys like Tellofsen, Koenig, Dude and Paige to play a big role. But the heart and soul of this defense is Brady McIntyre and if he plays at his full potential, he will raise the Brodie Witzel Trophy if St.Louis wins this duel.
MVP :Brady McIntyre

Vancouver
St.Louis has the best d-men squad in the entire league. When you have a cap d-man on your third d-pair, you know you will have a tough time to score goals against them. There is one forward for Vancouver scoring at a great pace, Howie Dewitt. The 3rd year left wing scored 5 goals in 9 games. His team will need him to keep finding the back of the net as they are clearly the underdogs in this matchup. Vancouver is still a pretty young team and they will need their veteran players like the Barlow bros, Gabriel Wong, Shaun Stevens and of course Howie Dewitt to step up if they want to raise the Four Star Cup.
MVP :Howie Dewitt

Bonus question
Sophia Bennett

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

As soon as the season is over for me I stop following the game. I turn my attention inwards and focus on making sure that the next season doesn’t end as soon. I did make a short trip home to see my family as they still live back in Russia. I had a quick meeting with my national team to make sure we were all on the same page in terms of defending out gold medal. I really just try to clear my mind and get my body back to 100%. Every player ends up with their fair share of bumps and bruises, no matter what they say. I am a creature of habit, so I still skate and do some drills on my own time right around the same time that we would practice in Texas just to make sure my body doesn’t lose its rhythm and my mind stays sharp. Every now and then I will get together with a teammate or two and run some drills, but for the most part we all tend to go our separate ways during the offseason.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM'd

If there is one area of the Chiefs team that I think needs improvement moving forward, its defense. They did pick up Holmberg late in the season, and although he only played 12 games for the Chiefs, I think he is going to play a major role here. I believe that he is only an unsung hero because of the length of time he has played here. Strong in all aspects of the game, he can shutdown the top forwards in LA, as well as quarterback the offense. This is a player that if he had played for the Chiefs all season, more people would be talking about. The big question is, can he find chemistry with his partner, and if not will he see a change and how will that affect him, the team, and the series. This could either play out really well, or be one of the reasons the Chiefs go home empty handed. I believe it will be the former, and this will be the largest reason this team finds success.

For LAP this seems like an easy one. Maximillian Wachter lead the team in scoring for the regular season, and the success of the team seems to be tied to his success as a player. When Max is allowed to play his game, by dictating the pace with strong physical play, the Panthers seem unstoppable. On the other side of this is the Chiefs who are loaded with veteran players who are no stranger to this level of competition. This series will be a shootout, and I think if Terrance Nova can show up, the Chiefs will be hoisting the cup. The center for the top line will have to be strong in the faceoff dot and be able to counter Wachter’s play. In terms of MVP? I think Nova has the best chances. Centers like Nova have the ability to change a game, and a series if they find their game, and I think he will.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Code:
If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.
This will be my fifth Finals appearance. I wouldn’t say nervous, I’d describe it as anxious. I’ve been in this position enough times that I know what to expect. This is part of the reason management brought me to Minnesota. There are plenty of guys here who can fill the veteran leadership role, and I wouldn’t want to step on their toes, but there aren’t a lot of players here who have been to the Finals before. Even fewer have won a cup. Knowing what to expect during the Finals can help the team to keep doing what got us here. Sure, everything is a bit elevated, but a steady, experienced hand can keep everyone in the locker room on track, continuing the success we’ve had in the regular season, and earlier in the playoffs. Hopefuly, my experience can help us to not lose focus, and bring the cup to Minnesota.

Code:
I think most players are being appropriately sung right now. I’ll go with Olli O’Koivu, simply because he’s being so overshadowed by the play of Timo Haas right now. Haas is playing so well, I think O’Koivu is a bit forgotten, in comparison. Heading into the finals, O’Koivu has only dropped one game. He has played very solidly, posting a 0.910 save percentage, which is very respectable. He also has a 2.68 goals against average, also quite good. Both of these numbers are second in the playoffs only to Timo Haas. I think O’Koivu doesn’t get quite so much attention because there is less asked of him than of Haas. Minnesota has a bit better team, so they give up fewer shots, and tend to score a bit more than LA. As long as Olli continues to play consistently good in net, his team should be able to do enough to win games.

Code:
TASK FOUR: Sent.

Code:
For LA, I think it is clearly Timo Haas. He has played outstanding in net for the Panthers. Minnesota, I think they need to beat Haas, so for them I’m going to say Sebastian Strange. The key to beating LA is beating Timo Haas, I don’t think anyone would argue with that. Haas has played very well for them, and I think he is the biggest single reason they are in the Finals. Minnesota, on the other hand, will have to beat Haas if they want to win. Their forwards will need to really dial up their intensity if they want to beat the red-hot Haas. I chose Strange, but I could have just as easily chose any of their goal scorers. Strange is the biggest name, so he is probably most likely to step up. I think this is the matchup. Haas versus the Minnesota goal-scorers. Whichever plays better will likely win the cup.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Sophia Bennett

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

TASK ONE:

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Despite the fact that the Platoon were eliminated in round one of playoffs, Linna has a lot to look forward to this off-season because he's getting married at the end of the summer. After his team is eliminated, Linna heads straight to Boston to meet up with his fiancee Mia Landvik and cheer her on as her team advances to round two of playoffs. By this point, he's used to having to put on a happy face right after a shitty elimination. He's probably got some tux fittings and shit to take care of, but the majority of the wedding planning and preparation is done, so there's not much to do but wait for the big day. Once the pack are eliminated, he and Mia go to Sweden for their annual post-season vacation before IIHF. He'll probably do some golfing, visit his parents and siblings, visit Mia's family, maybe shop for honeymoon clothes or whatever. He'll have a bachelor party at some point, which his best man Volks will probably plan. Who knows how that will go, but I'm sure there will be a shit ton of vodka involved.

TASK FIVE: In good fun, your team decides to design one of the Finals goalies a new helmet for the series and send it to him for good luck. Create the design that you and your team would come up with. Must include a goalie helmet (from any angle), either the goalie’s team colors or his logo represented, and at least one additional distinct images as part of the design.

[Image: ul5OQlh.jpg]

TASK SEVEN: Come up with a playoff-related slogan and design an advertising banner outside of one of the host arenas for the finals. Aside from the slogan, must include the team logo of the city where this would be displayed, as well as some representation of the team itself (for example, in the image given, the bear on the side).

[Image: 8DH2lVt.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S39 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

[Image: OQDKdNk.jpg]

Bonus Question:

Sophia Bennett

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

For Mattias Holmberg, staying calm and knowing what his role on the ice is is all he needs to do to prepare for the Finals. This will be his second time heading to the finals, so he doesn't have the first time jitters like the rest of Minnesota has. Sure, he is a little nervous, but that's to be expected when you have an opportunity to win a second Challenge Cup. I mean, think about it. How many have a chance to win the cup once, let alone twice. You'd have to be a robot to go into the series not feeling nervous.

Anyways, Holmberg is ready. He took the few days off before the finals to go over game tape and fix some positioning problems he has had, while also studying the Panthers offensive and defensive setups. Holmberg has also been seen using the local RapidShot to work on improving his form and getting just a bit more power into his shot.

Who is my choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs so far? Well that's an easy question to answer for me. No doubt in my mind, it clearly is Mattias Holmberg. This fucking stud muffin has been on a role with the Chiefs ever since he has stepped into their locker room and graced them with his presence. For real, this fucking pièce de résistance fucking lit up the SHL after he pulled on the Minnesota sweater over his head. I mean, the Chiefs would have easily been eliminated in the first round if they didn't trade for Holmberg.

Look at the stats this masterpiece has put up so far this postseason. In the eight games before finals, put his body in front of 16 shots. That's right bitches, this super swede blocked 16 shots so far. This monster among men has also scored one goal, and assisted on five other goals. Plus that goal he scored was a game winner, so this top banana is a real hero, even if the Minnesota team wants to deny and ignore his impact he has made on the team.

TASK FOUR: DID IT BITCHES

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

TASK ONE:
If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

My player cuts off all connections to the SHL during his offseason time. Vorkampfer is a private guy, and if people didnt know better there would probably be a few missing persons reports filed. Rumor has it VIk vork heads to the Russian tundra to train. They say he has a cabin out there that he coats the outsides in meats, so that bears will be attracted to his house. Once he hears scratching or eating on the outside of his house, he goes out and fights the bear. BEAR handed. THis is how he is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous fighters in the SHL. Of course this is all only rumors, viktor has said that yes he does like to be alone in the offseason, and that is why he wont tell anyone where he is or what he does. But we do know one thing, whatever it is, it doesnt work, cuz he fucking sucks.

Task 4:
PM'd

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

CODE

Lavelle prepared for the game 1 finals of the SMJHL against Vancouver differently this year. Instead of getting in the last few reps of having a team bonding session, Lavelle was off earning some more moolah for some endorsements. He became the face of Vagisil tm after a clapback on twitter criticising a PGF player during the round 2 series which was in deadlock before it spanned 7 games with STL taking the W late in the 3rd period. Lavelle lost a number of his main sponsors, most notably Under Armour because his comments were dissected overnight by journalists and fans alike and supposedly sexist for the linking of a vagisil product to explain the puss out of a professional hockey player on the Prince George Firebirds roster who's name escapes me at the moment of writing. Vagisil immediately jumped on the opportunity and offered Lavelle the role of brand spokesperson which he gladly accepted to fix his public PR.

CODE

Take a look at Fedor Shirobokov's performance in this years playoffs for Minnesota in the SHL and you won't see him at the top of the points per game leader boards, rather languishing near the bottom with only 5 points, 1 goal and 4 assists. But have a gander over at the less exciting but more important stats, He handed out 42 hits over the span of the playoffs while only receiving 15 hits himself. Fedor spent the vast amount of time on the ice laying down the lumber, all 17 minutes per game. Protecting his teammates was the number one priority in his head and he executed it perfectly whenever he got his skates on the ice. His eagerness to throw himself into confrontation allowed his teammates Nova, Flacko and Strange to coup up points and deliver a championship to Minnesota, what a series of performances by all involved, especially Shirobokov. Well done Fedor!

CODE

waxiaamrinmhceilt -
eilrruasstgeglnht -
thcaenmhnigscneru donezo
nalzgaoaronzbo

CODE

Without a doubt Terrance Nova or Pretty Flacko have to be front runners for the playoffs MVP on Minnesota's side. Both of them had an amazing 19 points in the playoffs entirety. Nova had 10-9 split goals to assists, Flacko had 3-16 goals to assists split and spent most of his time setting up his teammates while Nova just took anything that came his way. On Los Angeles's side , Jean Luc Reflieux and Nicolas Winter stand tall above the rest with Sophia Bennett narrowly closing the gap. Reflieux had 18 points split 7-11 goals to assists while Winter had an even 8-8 split as they closed out their final game in a 4-1 defeat to Minnesota. Both teams performed exceptionally well to get to this stage of the playoffs but there really was no other winner in my mind than Minnesota with such a stacked roster, really I can see Nova taking home the playoffs MVP this year. Better luck next year lads and ladies!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2815' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>White Cornerback</a>

Bonus prediction for cup winning goal in THIS POST due to the game already(maybe) being simmed.

Code:

It didn't come as a surprise to Dick that the Minnesota CHiefs would go far in these playoffs, finals was definitely a stron possibility, and now we're there! After beating both West Kendall and New England in the eastern conference, the 4th seed in the west, the Los Angeles Panthers will be the opposition. The team that was supposed to draft me against the team that i have history with that wanted me back so bad they swapped two 1st rounders to get me. It's definitely a motivator when it comes to loading up for this series and Dick is not too nervous. Sure, nerves will always be there and some nerves are good.

Even though Dick gets very limited minutes this rookie season, he has prepared like he always does. In the Gym and on the ice during practice. He changed his focus from power forward to become a more dynamic offensive forward in the middle of the season, so it's more technique training now than pure strength, and hopefully it pays off.

Code:
174 words

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a championship graphic featuring the matchup of the Finals. Must include both team names, both team logos, a representation of S39, and one additional recognition of each team (team colors, a render, etc.)

[Image: ZgeIKjW.png]

Code:

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru &nbsp; &nbsp;

nalzgaoaronzbo

Sent PM

Code:

I've always been a sucker for goalies, and i still am. Los Angeles Panthers MVP will be Timo Haas if they win this series. No doubt about it from my side. Haas has played like he's possessed and i am 100% sure that he will continute that stellar play in the finals, much to my own frustration as a player on the opposite team. He's been an absolute brick wall both during the season and especially now in the playoffs.

For the Minnesota Chiefs i am torn between Terrance Nove, Sebastian Strange and Alonso Garbanzo. Terrance Nova scored a hattrick in game 5 to lead Minnesota to a 3-2 series lead. Sebastian Strange always shows up, superb in faceoffs, destroys people on the ice with his hits, can both score and pass. Garbanzo is just always relevant and even though he was scoreless in game 5, he's a monster and will be for a long time despite being pretty deep into regression.

I still have to pick Nova though. He's captain Clutch and will finish the games.

Code:
177 words

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Code:
TASK ONE: If not, How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

This was the first season that Brett Kennedy knew that his season wasn't going to extend to the playoffs. Out of his 4 seasons, he might only have 2 playoff appearances, but the third season was a grind to just miss out. Nonetheless, Kennedy planned in advance that he would have extended hangouts with fellow teammate Louie Garrett. Considering that he was a pending free agent, Kennedy wanted to spend as much time with Garrett as possible, because there was no assurance that Garrett was going to stay with the Riot. The two enjoyed a nice round of golf out in Scottsdale, then went and watched some basketball games, wondering why there still isn't a professional basketball team in Seattle. Kennedy never tried to convince Garrett to stay with the Riot, because he knew that at the end of the day, it was Louie's decision to make.

Code:

A lot of people give the man a little bit of shit because of his personal opinions on certain things and just how he's a general goon in the league, but if anyone has stepped up in the playoffs for the Panthers on this road to the Finals, it's Danny Foster. Working with stats that are outdated, and still recorded after Game 4 of the West Finals, Foster was at a point-per-game pace, with eight assists, a surprising goal, and a team-leading 36 hits. With guys like Herzog, Leetch, and Turska having general struggles with their own personal stats, having Foster lead the way on the defensive side has been extremely beneficial for the Panthers, and was a main contributor to the success this season in Los Angeles. There will always be people that pick a certain person, and it seems to be Olli O'Koivu. To me, it's not a shock in the slightest, considering that the Chiefs were one win shy of the Finals just last season. I believe Foster to have made a bigger impact for his team in a more surprising manner than O'Koivu.

Code:

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru &nbsp; &nbsp;

nalzgaoaronzbo

Dat shit was sent. If it wasn't, it got lost in the mail.

Code:

Personally, this is asking two completely different questions. Having to tell who needs to stand out doesn't particularly need to be the series MVP, or the Playoff MVP for that matter. Someone who I think needs to step up and stand out in the series is someone by the name of Matthew Auston. Auston was a perrenial leader for the Scarecrows back in his junior years, and he led the team in points twice in two seasons. Then, when he was called up to Los Angeles, he somehow became 'just another guy'. In the playoffs this season, he's been nothing short of ordinary. Only two points in the first 8 games of the playoffs has been very disappointing for a player I know can get hot and stay hot for a long stretch of time. 29 points this season had him getting ready for big things to come, but if he wants to step up and perform, he can't be shooting at a 3.85% click that he's been on. Please, Matthew. Show us that Scarecrow Matthew Auston, the guy who can get 4 and 5 point games when it matters. The Panthers need you!

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

TASK ONE:
Alexis Metzler started his offseason the way he usually does- by getting on his yacht and sailing it all the way through the Great Lakes from Buffalo to Duluth, MN. He stopped in Minneapolis for a day to have lunch with former Detroit teammate Terrance Nova, but has since spent the rest of his time away with his family in rural North Dakota. There is golf out there, but it's on the most remote course imaginable, so he plays with nobody else. Alexis Metzler does not usually follow the playoffs if he's not playing himself, but he has been watching the games for both Minnesota and Winnipeg with his family- while Metzler himself no longer has any pre-professional loyalties to any SHL teams, his extended family were fans of the Winnipeg Jets or Minnesota Chiefs since before he was born, and everyone sits down to watch the games in the evening when they happen.

TASK FOUR:
PM'd to Pris

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]