Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 08:54 PM by Bonk.)

Was texting with Slappy and it looks like we are at it again. So here is a some shameless begging for questions

[Image: giphy-tumblr.gif]

Hopefully this will generate some questions and not just from @.bojo

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018, 10:54 PM by luke.)

For Bonk, gg with the SMJHL finals.

For people new like me, how rare is it for a team to sweep another in the Finals.

How are you guy's doing?

What are you guy's opinions on PT director? any thoughts in improving the position to make it less volatile?

Just for Bonk, just a little shoutout to Lil Manius for being 7th in TPE for this massive draft class. As offseason officially ended , you ended the season with 453 tpe, only 1 behind a couple people ahead of you, as well as getting 166 tpe from where you got drafted. You are also the TOP Right Wingers in the draft

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Tabby, Tortoise Shell or Black cats?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Predictions on who will be named to the HO? If the HO has already been selected by the time you record what do you think of the new hires?

Thoughts on the draft? Appears there are a lot of recreates with high TPE totals, which could make this a major recreate draft.

Thoughts on Xena, AKA Nickleback_lover69? In the top-5 for TPE but not a lot of media and for his TPE he seems like he has the highest potential to be a bust. Bust potential with this player or is he a future superstar in the SHL?

Thoughts on how Texas will draft this offseason considering both JP and Crutchfield/ligma are available to be drafted by any team, now?

What do you think makes for an engaging podcast, generally?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

First off congrats to Bonk on a great season with STL, i wouldn't be this kind with my message if we had lost though. Also, checked out the Maine accent and it definitely works for me.

So, for questions, as usual i don't really have anything thought out so just gonna wing it.

With a lot of mixed feedback to the most recent CW, how do you guys feel about it? (I think this is like my 1st or 2nd SHL related question on here)

How did the poker night go?

Wouldn't be a Leppish question post without something Movie related, and since it's around Halloween time and i'm a big scaredycat when it comes the horror genre, any really good horror movies that you'd recommend for me to watch? I have all of sunday and monday for myself so you can throw in as many as you want.

All i've got this time, hope you fellas have a great weekend!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Answered

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Talked to Slappy while I was sitting in the cold at soccer practice, while he was sitting in the cold at football practice. Together we figured that Friday we drink a beer or two and talk SHL. To aid in this drinking/babbling experience we would be very appreciative to anyone who would ask a question or two.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Should the SHL consider adding an expansion franchise in the next season or two?
Why is simulationhockey.com the best hockey sim on the Internet?
What beer pairs best with football bruises?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 11:41 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Why was I so wrong with my draft predctions?

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 10 (Skip to 26:00)

Pick number - Team - My Pick (correct or not - actual pick)
1. NEW - Rainbdow Dash (correct)
2. WPG - Tauras Karazija (wrong, Ola Wagstrom)
3. EDM - Xena (wrong - Bernard Freeman)
4. EDM - Ola Wagstrom (wrong - Tauras Karazija)
5.  NEW (thought SFP wtf) - Frans Cooper (wrong - Shaqulle Derisraka)
6 . TEX - Frans Cooper (wrong, wtf you already had a team pick Cooper you idiot - Chuck Crutchfield)
7. CAL - Chuck Crutchfield (wrong - Michael Choybuk)
8. MIN - Willy Mack (wrong - Derek Bohne)
9. EDM - Shaquille Derisraka (wrong - Willy Mack)
10. WKP (thought HAM wtf) - Shouta Aizawa (right for wrong reasons)
11. LAP (thought BUF wtf) - Brock Nuck (wrong - Willie Fisterbottom)
12. BUf (thought LAP wtf) - Bernard Freeman (wrong - Frans Cooper)
13. SFP - Michael Choybuk (wrong - Xena)
14. HAM (thought WKP wtf) - Willie Fisterbottom (wrong -  Jean Pierre-Gay)

I was pretty confident in my picks so me being so wrong is pretty demoralizing..

Do you guys do guests?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 01:21 PM by luke.)

How are you guys?

If you guys had to name a few links to include in like a one stop shop of important links on the website what would those be(like equipment and such for new people) do you have thoughts on getting retention rates up?

Also if you were looking at my Mock Draft, I was bullshitting the hell out of that mock draft, so dont take anything that I had for granted

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 09:11 PM by Avakael.)

Recently, Slappy made the following post in a joke thread by Sweg about "Bring your daughter to work day" on the SHL;

09-30-2018, 07:22 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: There is no way in God's green earth i would ever do this. Not only do i not want my children around all you freaks, i don't want them to ever see me as Slappy instead of dad. I shudder to think of them listening to the big slappy hour.

But maybe others feel differently, lol.

If you had to pick one episode of the Big Slappy Hour that your kids were allowed to listen to once they turn, say, 12, 13ish, which episode would it be? If we were talking 18-21ish, which episode would it be?

A while ago, it was me and Slappy sharing a group. Now, at last, it's me and Bonk. Should we make a bet? Any ideas?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I don't know what team you guys are on these days, but if you're not on the same team you've been on for a long time (WPG for Bonk, WKP for Slappy), what's it feel like in the different LR?

Slappy, were you on WKP when they won the first of their two recent cups?

Obviously I'm happy for them, but I'm actually quite a bit upset that they started winning after I retired, it's like they waited me out. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm going to try to get into MMA, do you imagine I would be more of a grappler or striker?

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

Hello once again gentlemen! Coming in a bit late this week, but hopefully not too late.

So, i have been watching some of the horror movie suggestions from the last BSH, but haven't gotten through as many as i wanted yet. Don't want to make this too long, but i managed to watch: The Thing, The Shining (I had actually seen this but it was a loong time ago), Evil Dead 1&2 and i just watched the Alien last night and as a big Sci-fi fan, it was probably my favourite so far, even though they all managed to scare the crap out of me equally well.

And a quick shoutout to Bonk who is in the WJC gold medal game along with me.

Now for questions, which once again i have no clue what to ask. so here's something:

Favourite snacks, drinks for when watching movies?

Anything you guys want to talk about on the BSH but haven't had the time recently?

That's it on my part, hope you guys have a good weekend as usual. Looking forward to listening !

[Image: lebbish.gif]

answered

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 07:41 PM by Bonk.)

When Slappy and myself got together on Halloween, we determined that we will be recording on Friday.

So with that

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lil' Manius

Big Manius