Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

How was everyone's Halloween?

Highest and lowest moments in your time in the SHL?

Thoughts on the whole Gareth Rush situation (refusing to sign with Colorado because he was picked 3 spots behind where he expected, then freaked out and I think is gone for good?)

Did you listen to DrunkenTeddy's podcast? I would recommend, it is a fantastic listen.

Right now according to the LOAP (League of Accomplished Players), there aren't many young players (S30 or later) as of yet pushing to reach the front page of their respective positions (Taking points into account S31 Visser needs 269 Legacy points for centers, S33 York will reach the front page for wingers, S31 Kurczewski needs 151 points for wingers, S31 Redding needs 261 points for wingers, S31 Metzler needs 259 points for defensemen, S33 Rhys needs 275 points for defensemen, there are no goalies even close). Do you think any (or all) of the mentioned players will make it to the front page? Do you think any goaltenders who aren't close will make major steps closer towards the front page of their position?

I recommend using this song for your opening theme this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MmPn1ONwGc

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

For the above, Rush was drafted at 5 spots after than he wanted to(8th to 13th)

but how is your fantasy draft going? got any steals?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: source.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

How is preseason going for you guys? Any bold predictions you would like to make at this point?

Favourite candy?

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I haven't even managed to listen to the last BSH due to winter preparations, aka Chopping a metric megaton of wood and throwing them in the wood storage. But seeing as this got bumped the moment i checked in on the site i feel like i have to throw something for ya guys.

Staying on subject, What things do you enjoy doing during the winter, whether it's by yourself, with friends or family?

Almost didn't have anything movie related come to mind, but my dad texted me earlier today that "A fistful of dollars" was on the tv tomorrow, so what are your favourite western films and do you think that the Western genre will ever get nearly as popular and the films be as good as they were back in the days of Eastwood, Wayne etc.?

That's it for me and once again, have a nice weekend!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 02:46 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Hello friends of the audio endeavour!

as someone thats been religious about their Pod listening since S34 i feel like we have embarked on a golden age of SHL podcasting! Lots of exciting and unique new shows are available as people seem to be shifting to audio as a prefered choice of media.

1. As the audio OG's.. is there anything you would like to see the league do to recognize or enhance this form of media? maybe its own subsection on the site? periodic Audio awards? (the poddy-mouth??) ... what are your thoughts on it all?

2. Bonk with the surprise call up! Any regrets on bypassing what could have been a award bearing season in the juniors to play a peripheral role on Winnipeg? ... Slappy, here in 44 you have moved into a primary role on the Dragons defensive unit. What are your revised expectations for Driftwood this season? and does this increased role bring increased investment in the outcome of the season?

Izzy -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

did y'all vote?

how did slappy's undefeated team do in the regionals

what is your favorite reason to visit the site? (sims, people, podcasts, top 100, media, etc.)

who was your favorite gm to play for

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Why are your names what they are? What were the thoughts behind them?

Bonk, why do you have point per game averages so much?

Jax Aittokallio of the Rage is close to a point per game right now, as a rookie. Can he keep it up and win the Jesster?

Speaking of rookies, does the rookie all-star team matter that much considering almost none of the rookies in the game are true rookies and the active ones are almost always listed on the team?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Talked to Bonky. Despite his long week on the road he is ready to record another episode of the world’s dumbest podcast. What a trooper this man is. Oy, what a mensch. Frankly it’s making me a little verklempt just thinking abut it

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Who will show an equal level of chutzpah and provide us with additional areas of discussion? Such a mitzvah that would be.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

If you claim this to be the world's dumbest podcast, which podcast would be second dumbest?

Which podcast would be the smartest?

My player only has a single point after 10 games, why do I suck and how do I stop sucking?

If an SHL expansion were to occur, which non-GM members would you like to see get an opportunity to GM? Do you think you guys would ever do that, or are you too busy?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

hi, I dont have anything pressing to say

how are you guys. any plans for the weekend?

Anything in the SHL future that excites you

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 08:57 PM by Leppish.)

Hello once again to my favourite SHL podcasters!

I'm about 20 or so minutes to #125, so i'm not quite up to date on the talks you've been talking as of this comment being posted.

I was struggling to come up with anything, but one thing came to mind:

A Breaking bad movie is being made, How do guys you feel about it?

Also that brought to mind, I don't remember if you guys have talked about Sons of Anarchy, but i've been curious about watching the spin-off "Mayans MC". Have either of you checked it out?

Enjoy the weekend and looking forward to listening on time finally. Also love you guys ripping Bojo.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Tomorrow I'm going to a local book convention all day long with my wife FOR my wife it will be a lot of standing in line and awkward panels I won't understand. What's the dumbest things you've ever done for your significant other?

What's your favorite food to make for your family?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 09:42 PM by .bojo.)

Also, leppish just said you guys rip on me, so I'm going to copyright my big slappy logo and ask for payment.