Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

Luke Atmey is my choice for the cover athlete of the next installation of the legendary SHL game produced by EA. After a heart breaking S46, he did not pout and turned things around quick. Even when Chicago were in a playoff spot 27 games in, a survey was held and most folk did not believe the Syndicate could hold their position. Atmey lead the way, still proving he is a top tier forward, with 58 points attached to 24 goals. The next highest scorer on the team was Jack Kennedy with 37 points. Ridiculous. He got Chicago into the playoffs in only their second season in the league even when most believed that they had picked an awful roster in the expansion draft and were taking the long route. Luke pushed forward and got them their first play off series win over the Rage before getting swept by the Platoon. Luke Atmey defied the odds and should represent Chicago and the SHL for his accomplishments. @Velevra

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

My choice for cover athlete is Otis Driftwood from the Calgary Dragons. The cover athlete has to be a star, but should also have mass sex appeal, and Otis has both. Otis led the Dragons with 53 points and also tacked on 7 goals. He was also a threat on the powerplay, tying with fellow d-man Maximov with 11 powerplay points. The Dragons are a storied Franchise who have had many star players lead them to Cups, and Otis has stepped up to be a leader of the next Dragons core, and may even lead them to a Cup this season. Speaking of playoffs, Otis has 3 goals and 4 points in 6 games so far, which is impressive and puts him in the running for playoff MVP if the Dragons should win another Cup. Otis is an exciting player, and the potential league MVP is the perfect player for the cover of a video game. Otis hits, is fast, has a good shot, and players of the SHL video game franchise will love to play as him.

@Slappydoodle

[Image: H9HHS38.png]

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

I think it should be me honestly. I'm looking to the future and if you want the next big Junior star on your cover then I'm your guy. I improved significantly this season and next season will be even better. I can do it all. Shoot, score, pass, skate, fight, you name it. I will even autograph each copy individually for anyone who pre-orders. I'm marketable but no one really cares about that. I don't have a fancy name or come from big management so I won't ask for too much in royalties. You will make your money back in an instant. When they see what I do next season, copies will be flying off shelves. I'm talking records. I'm coming for all of them. You don't want to miss out on Joe Kubinec on your cover while you have the chance. Trust me on this.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 08:00 AM by Grapehead.)

[Image: qhHyAZf.png]

@Muerto

[Image: Z21MZ56.jpg]
Highlanders Highlanders

Aurora Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

SHL 48 should have Parker Smeb on the cover. The Smebs are taking over the SHL and who better than the sexiest and best Smeb to be on the cover? Parker should win the ROTY this year, but unfortunately he won't because people only care about points. Parker finished maybe 4 points back of the leader? But look at those hits, he's the best young powerforward in the game and deserves to win ROTY this year. Don't get me wrong, my teammate Bouchard definitely is up there as well, but I think Parker slightly edges him out. If SHL is smart they will market their game with Parker on the cover not only because of the reasons I just mentioned, but also how he acts off the ice. One of the most humble and respectable players in the league, I think no one in the league, or fans would be upset to see Parker Smeb on the cover of SHL 48. @O4L

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

EA Sports has named Tommy Tuck of the Edmonton Blizzard as the cover athlete for SHL 48, due out on console gaming systems this fall. Tuck led all goalies in save percentage in Season 47, just two years after winning the Ron Mexico Trophy as the league’s most valuable player.

EA also announced two new features for this year’s game in conjunction with the cover athlete choice. For one, the game promises long overdue improved goalie controls when playing Be a Pro offline and VSHL online modes so that you can try to make the same great saves Tuck makes and somehow end up six feet out of your crease doing a two pad stack instead.

The game also includes a Moments mode, where you’ll have the chance to take control of your favorite SHL players and attempt to recreate some of the biggest moments of their career. Can you, as Tommy Tuck, also bring Edmonton the S45 Challenge Cup against the West Kendall Platoon? Can you turn around history as a rookie version of Tuck and win the S38 IIHF Gold Medal Game against Russia?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

The next EA SMJHL game would feature Whalers Star Jax Duggan on the cover in an action shot of him making fun of Halifax as he knocks 12 players onto the ice simultaneously. As the most recent 1st overall draft pick, the Whalers blue liner has been an important part of the Whalers season this year and will likely make just as large of an impact on the Jets in his SHL career. Duggan is known for his great trash talk (Especially geared towards Halifax) and that is why this version of the game includes a special game mode where you can choose from your favourite SMJHL players (Minus Halifax players and Petr Mikulak) and have Duggan make fun of all the mistakes you make in game (Voice acted by the man himself of course). For any hockey fan the next EA SMJHL game is surely shaping up to be a must-buy!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 11:21 AM by jjlangabeer.)

[Image: mzFqpsG.png]

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 12:27 PM by Bonk.)

The fans of Winnipeg will be happy when AE’s SHL Season 48 comes out and prominently feature on cover is the Jet Legend Jason Visser. The reason as to why this ageless wonder was selected is quite simple look at those numbers. In his sixteen season in the league, the man put up so staggering numbers. Mr. Visser averaged over a point game and end up with a 58-point season, consisting of 25 goals and 33 assists. Those offence numbers made him fourth in goals scored and made him second most productive center in the league. In addition, Jason had the best face off winning percentage on the Jets team this past season. Mr. Visser also led all the Jets forward in shot blocks with 16. Granted the years have taken a little bit of a toll on the legend but that only appear to happen to his physical game as he only dished out 46 hits this past season. However, this is the SHL, who cares about hits? Therefore, with a season like that it is easy to see why the Winnipeg legend was chosen for the cover.

Words~185ish

@ToeDragon84

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Kids these days love the hot, new, young thing. Taylor Swift is on top one day, forgotten the next. Concentration wains in this social media age leaving ephemeral ghosts flashing through the zeitgeist. So when EA Sports went looking for a cover model for the newest SHL 20, they had to keep their finger on the pulse. The answer was obvious. Only one man contained all the attributes of hotness for today’s youth. Of course they went with retired SHL legend and current Calgary Dragons GM Esa Anrikannen. The cover shows Esa sitting behind the desk in his office. He is halfway through eating one of his famous parms, sauce liberally covering his thick facial hair, strings of cheese hanging from his sauce covered lips. His gut bulging, shirt buttons straining in their desperate attempt to contain the bulk within. This is hotness. This is of the now. This is SHL 20!

@Steelhead77

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 01:30 PM by CFJ.)

For the S48 Season, I would say the Cover Athlete would be a former teammate of mine when I was finishing my tenure with the Crows in the SMJHL and that DeMaricus Smyth of the New Orleans Specters. He led the league in a very close scoring race with Crossfit Jesus of the Platoon, Mikhail Lokitionov for the Stars, Dani Forsberg of the Platoon as well and Jason Visser of the Jets. He's been an integral part of the Spectors early success in their infancy in the SHL along with Joe Kurczewski, Roman Augustus, Isaac Kaiser, Nicholas Williams and many more as the Spectors look to use this core of guys to win a title. Smyth plays a very physical two guy and is very unselfish in terms of the way he plays and the way he handles himself outside of the rink, being one of the rising new faces to the New Orleans Sports scene, along with guys like Alvin Kamara and Micheal Thomas of the New Orleans Saints and Anthony Davis and potentially Zion Williamson through the upcoming NBA Draft.

@Blastmeaway

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

I think the best cover athlete for the SMJHL would be Matt Kholin. One of the best scorers, almost consistently ever since he entered this league, a clean register, nice and polite, smart, I think he would not only be a great cover athlete, but also a great face for not only a given franchise, but also the whole league. It's people like him that we need to promote and keep them afront of the media to shine a better light on us, and to hide other rotten souls amongst us like that bum Slothface. Also, I think it's going to be great giving more exposure to Halifax, as it is simply the best franchise in the SMJHL. Maybe not with success, but definitely with the players and fans alike. A great, friendly and approachable core of players, a great front office, I think there is money to be made in the area, and Kholin represents this all with a big smile on his face. And definitely not a pistol at my temple.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Following a great regular season playing big role for the Militia and what seems to be a career performance in the S47 SMJHL playoffs, I've decided to nominate the Montreal defenseman, Oliver Klozoff.

During the S47 regular season he put up a respectable 34P over 50GP, while playing BIG minutes; over 22 minutes a night easily. Following that, the currently ongoing playoff shows ever greater potential for the young gun - 12 points over the current 9 games played. That puts him 1 point off being overall point leader, which is a big step up from the regular season production.

On top of being a future franchise defenseman, Klozoff represents a rare breed that seems to be able to do it all. The Militia has been able to lean on him in both a shutdown role, and a point producer. On top of this - seeing the over representation of forwards on previous covers of the video game, I feel that the change up of a promising defenseman would be a nice change of pace.

Taking the above into consideration, and the direction Klozoff's career seem to be taking, one can safely assume putting him on the cover to be a safe bet.

@Alex Mack

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

[Image: s2um4xu.png]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]