Create Account

S47 Championship Week

Doing this while on vacation smh

3. Matt Kholin is definitely ready to join the big leagues after 3 seasons in the SMJHL. He started his career strong with 32 points but then fell off a cliff in his sophomore season when Halifax needed him most. In his final season among the Raiders, he got 48 points to tie for first in the league. Unfortunately that didn't mean anything since Halifax were eliminated rather quickly in the playoffs. Kholin has since spent every day this summer to train his upper body and has done everything in his power to avoid being the player with the most hits next season. He leaves behind friends and family he's made over the last seasons with a great group of players. They will now have to face each other and it won't be easy. Matt is excited to potentially fit in the top 6 in Tampa and start his SHL career with great linemates.

13. Sent

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 01:42 PM by mstuk41.)

Code:
Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Nicky Pedersen Jr. Day May 24th - the headline ran in the Ridgebury News Times, the hometown paper of Pedersen Jr. Nicky,fresh off his breakout performance thru the first two rounds of the Western Conference, to reach the SHL final, visited his hometown Ridgebury, CT to meet the fans and tour around his old stomping grounds, before heading to West Kendall to face the Platoon. While visiting CT, Nicky was excited to do a meet and great for the first time in his career. As a third year player for the Calgary Dragons, it is tough for Peds to make it back to the east coast. So Nicky enthusiastically accepted the invite to go home and meet the young fans. Something that he saw first hand as the son of a SHL Hall of Famer, and always wanted to be able to one day have the opportunity to take a few minutes to make a young fan happy. So after the meet and great, Pedersen and a couple of his old high school friends, Stephon Frye and Schwinn Jensen went down to his favorite deli, loaded up on the Chicken Parms to bring to his Dragon Teammates, that he and his old man had been claiming as the best Parms on the planet. We shall see what kind of effect this will have on the Dragons as they face off against the best team in the league.

237 Words

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

This series will come down to goaltending. They always do, and this series will also. Coming into this series, both Goal Tenders have been playing amazing. Both sport 8-2-1 records, with Beaujeaux Biscuit completely dominating his competition to the tune of 1.45 GAA, .950 save % & 4 Shutouts. Truly spectacular numbers, if that continues, it will be hard for anyone to beat WKP. On the other side of the ice, Calgary's Kata Vilde is doing some spectacular things of his own, sporting a 2.47 GAA. .924 save %, and 1 Shutout. Any other year, those numbers would be the talk of the playoffs.
102 Words

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

I have 5 reasons why I believe that Calgary's - Steelhead77 and C00kies have the advantage in this series. Season 27 - Down 0 games to 3 in the finals, finds a way to defeat Hamilton - Season 29 - Proved the first wasn't a fluke - Season 32 - Came back after a heartbreaking loss in S31 to Win their 3rd in 5 seasons - S40 - Built one of the best teams in SHL history - S42 - The "end" of the dynasty, so they say. They have continually found success, even after a complete rebuild. Missed the playoffs one season, had them back last year, winning a series, then this season back in the finals. Never count Esa out.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

For me West Kendall Platoons MVP is Bojo. Hands down, he's playing the best of any player in the playoffs. Insane numbers, I hope he comes back down to earth, because I'd like to win another cup, but it will be tough with goaltending like that. For the Dragons, I could go the easy route and pick Nicky Pedersen Jr., with his 11 points, including an OT Series winner, and another OT GWG. But that would be the easy route, so I am going to give my team MVP to Kata Vilde, without his stellar playing there is no way the Dragons are in the position they are in. Amazing playoff run for Vilde, and if it weren't for Bojo we would be talking more about Vilde.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
For the Dragons to win the title, they are really going to need their top line step up, and most importantly their Captain - Mike Izzy. Izzy has not had a bad playoffs, but when the 2nd line of the team and their goalie are doing most of the heavy lifting, there comes a point where the teams top line and best player needs to step up, put the franchise on his back and bring home another cup.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
I think that this is a mild surprise. I have outlined it before, when you have Steelhead77 at the helm, you can always expect for him to have the Dragons in a position to do well. We saw that last season with their sweep of Edmonton in the first playoff round, then moving on to this season, with the Dragons young players playing significant roles, it was matter if they would step up from the regular season. You saw it in the first game of the playoffs, when Rainbow Dash hung 4 goals on Edmonton. Then Nicky Pedersen Jr. putting it all together with an amazing end to the first round thru the Conference Finals. Am I surprised that they are in Finals, kinda. But I think you may have to get used to it though.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

With the way that Beaujeaux Biscuit has been playing, he could possibly carry a team of peewee players to the SHL title. Good thing for him, that his team is not full of peewee players so he should have some help along the way. As long as WKP keeps the pressure on Calgary, it will be hard not seeing the Biscuit raising a cup as well as the playoff MVP.

Code:
Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

Winning series are tough in the SHL, putting a team out of its misery is the hardest thing to do, when a team has their back against the wall, they do everything possible to be able to fight on and play one more game. Game 6 - Calgary v. Edmonton in the 2nd round of the playoffs was one of those situations. The Dragons and Blizzard played a hard fought series up to this point, with Calgary winning game 1 in OT, then getting blasted 5-1, before shutting out Edmonton 3-0 in game 3. Edmonton came right back with an OT victory of their own to knot the series at 2. Game 5 the Dragons came out of the gates firing on all cylinders scoring the first 4 goals of the game, and held on to win 4-2. That brings us to game 6. Backs against the wall, what does Edmonton do, they come out in the first period and out shoot Calgary 17-5... Fortunately for Calgary Kata Vilde decided tonight was the night, standing on his head, and turning away Edmonton time and again. The second period was more of the same, with one giant exception, the Dragons got on the board 2 times, only to have Edmonton cut their lead to 2-1, 22 seconds after Mike Izzy scored. Amazing again, the Blizzard outshot Calgary 14-9 in the 2nd. The third period, Edmonton struck early to tie the game at 2. They could smell the blood in the water, and the only thing that was keeping the Dragons boat afloat was Kata Vilde. Time and time again making saves on the Blizzard. The whistle sounded ending regulation in a 2-2 tie. The shots in regulation were - Edmonton 43, Calgary 17. Amazingly this game headed to overtime. Whistle blows 41 seconds into the extra frame, and Edmonton is on the power play. SHot after shot, save after save. Penalty Killed. Still the ice is slanted in Edmontons favor, until:

Free Puck Retrieved by Tor Tuck. Pass by Tor Tuck intercepted by Nicky Pedersen Jr. in neutral zone. Puck is dumped in Edmonton Blizzard zone by Nicky Pedersen Jr.. Puck retreived by Ensio Kalju.

Time : 12. Pass by Ensio Kalju intercepted by Nicky Pedersen Jr. in neutral zone. Pass to Maxime Bouchard in Edmonton Blizzard zone. Pass to Nicky Pedersen Jr.. Shot by Nicky Pedersen Jr.. Goal by Nicky Pedersen Jr. - Edmonton Blizzard : 2 - Calgary Dragons : 3

Without that timely goal by young Pedersen, and more importantly the amazing 47 save performance by Kata Vilde, who knows if the Dragons get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs to face Texas in the Western Conference Finals.

@mstuk41 @BarnabasCollins

Code:
TASK 13: PM Sent

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 12:13 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.
It was weird to me to be honored as a hometown hero in Surrey, B.C. when I had just come off my worst season in recent history. It was a pretty cool event though. They did a small parade through Cloverdale, a suburb of Surrey, where they honored a few other sports legends from Surrey and a couple sports media figures. I got a fair number of cheers when I went by waving. It was pretty cool to be part of. After there was a meet and greet where I signed so many autographs that my hard was sore, but it was a lot of fun seeing excitement from a lot of Whalers fans and some Hamilton fans. After the meet and greet and signing event there was a dinner for the handful of us being honored. I was glad the focus wasn't entirely on me, I don't mind the spotlight but it can be a bit much at times.

Code:
Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
Hamilton is a bit of a weird one to write about here, but they were by far the biggest disappointment of the season. When you go back and look at the season predictions many had Hamilton in the top 3 teams in the east with many people putting them 1st or 2nd. It's hard to say what happened exactly in Hammy, but their scoring really dried up. Odjick seems to have slowed down his pace now that he's regressing, and many others just couldn't keep up with the league. Phelps ended up leading the team in points, but was still under a point per game. They definitely need some better scoring wingers if they are going to contend next season. Especially with the looming retirements of many of the top players on this squad, they are set to have one last shot at the cup with this core before looking at the next core to try and contend.

Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)
I hate to say basically what everyone else is saying, but West Kendall definitely faced more adversity making it to the finals than Calgary did. When they were down 3-1 against Buffalo people were expecting the Stampede to finish them off and move onto the finals and likely a 2nd Challenge Cup in a row. I think even the Buffalo players thought they were just about to make it to the finals because they took their feet off the pedal just enough to lose 3 in a row and allow the Platoon to take the series from their grasp. Games 5 and 6 were very close but when WKP was able to force a game 7 after being down 2 games it seemed pretty clear that they were going to finish off Buffalo and make the finals with all that momentum. We didn't really know at the time that the momentum was going to carry through and they would end up sweeping Calgary.

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
Sent.

Code:
Task 14: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S47 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

*Post the link of your pod in this thread below*
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0kWeot...sp=sharing

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Firstly, PBE Welfare for 3 TPE

Code:
It was an honor for Michael Scarn to return to his hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania and visit his old place of employment, Dunder Mifflin. Michael Scarn used to be the regional manager at Dunder Mifflin Scranton and was revered by his co-workers for his management style, ability, and general business saviness. Michael Scarn first spent the morning touring the old office space in the Scranton Business Park. Scarn then attended a mid-day lunch party in the warehouse, where Scrantonicity 2 played as the band for the event. Later that afternoon, Michael Scarn visited the local hockey rink in Scranton, where they named the rink after him! The Michael Scarn Memorial Rink will forever bear his name and little kids around the Scranton area will forever know Michael Scarn's name. That evening, Michael Scarn went to dinner with all of the members of the office, and co-hosted the latest edition of The Dundies as a surprise guest host at the local Chili's restaurant.

Code:
Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)
Michael Scarn is no longer in the SMJHL, having wrapped up his rookie season in the SHL with the Winnipeg Jets. Nevertheless, Michael Scarn still has a lot of skills to work on in terms of development, and is excited to be joined by many of his SMJHL draft classmates as they are promoted to the next level to join him. Michael Scarn is excited to team up with potent winger Nick Brain, who is extremely creative and agile on the ice. Michael Scarn's aggressive shoot-first mentality will work well alongside Nick Brain, and the two former SMJHL teammates will look to reignite their chemistry on the main stage. Scarn also has been working hard on his skating ability this offseason. While his shot cannot be questioned, Scarn needs to be able to create shots out of his own accord. Look for Scarn to continue to work on his individual game before working on weaknesses like passing.

Code:
Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.
For the Calgary Dragons, I would choose a dragon as the singer of the National Anthem when they play their home games. Firstly, the dragon is the mascot of the Calgary Dragons and so it makes a lot of sense. The dragon is also a fierce creature, with a fiery spirit and a truly gorgeous bellowing voice. The opposing West Kendall Platoon players will be quaking in their boots when they arrive on the ice only to see an actual real life dragon at center ice with a microphone in one hand and fire breathing out of its mouth. I think the fans will enjoy the energy of the dragon each night. For the West Kendall Platoon, I suggest that they use a former military veteran to sing for them at each home game. Nothing gets the crowd more fired up and patriotic than the military, and I think that it would again make a lot of sense for the Platoon to get the crowd roaring with the powerful, echoing voice of a former military officer.

Code:
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
I think that the New Orleans Specters will feel very bitterly about having failed to reach the SHL Finals this season. Fueled on offense by savvy veterans like DeMaricus Smythe, former league MVP Oisin Fletcher, and playmaker extraordinaire Piotr Czerkawski, the Specters roared into the playoffs boasting some of the most experienced players and seasoned battle-tested veterans on any roster in the SHL. However, things didn't work out for the Specters in the playoffs and they fell short of reaching the SHL Finals this season after falling in a chaotic Game 7 last season in the SHL Finals to the Buffalo Stampede. The Specters are in just their 2nd season of existence as a recent expansion team, and it'll be interesting to see how their organization may shift their vision entering the future. Their roster certainly had the individual quality required to win a championship with these last two seasons, but again they have fallen just short of the promised land.

Code:
The West Kendall Platoon masterfully dispatched of the Buffalo Stampede in a 7 game series where they fell behind 3-1 in the series count before winning 3 straight games to cruise in to the SHL Finals. The Platoon dug themselves out of just as big of a hole as you can manage in hockey, needing to win all 3 remaining games in the series to survive and advance. The Platoon got out to some hot starts in Game 5 and Game 6, opening the scoring with two goals in the first period of each game, setting the tone early on that they were not going to go down easily. Finally, in Game 7, the Platoon again struck first in the first period and would go on to secure a comfortable 3-0 victory in Game 7, stunning the Buffalo Stampede and creating a raucous near riot in West Kendall as the crowd went wild. The Platoon successfully navigated their way back from the dead, with Dani Forsberg and Crossfit Jesus playing enormous roles in their comeback. I think West Kendall's roster has seen it all, and now goes into the SHL Finals with a wave of momentum that could come crashing down on the Calgary Dragons.

18/16 TPE

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 12:55 PM by NorwegianDemon.)

Code:
Last week, I was invited to my hometown city of Bergen to be honoured during the summer festivities. Every year, the city honoured some local people who have distinguished themselves by their hard work or by representing the city internationally. Multiple events run throughout the days. This year, I was joined by three other people who received the same honour has me. The day start with a boat ride in the morning where I meet those three people. It was followed by a lunch offered by a local restaurant. During the afternoon, the city residents are invited to come to meet the honourees of the year at a local community center. This even mostly translates into taking pictures and signing autographs for members of the public. Finally, the celebrations transport themselves to the city summer festival where local bands were playing on a stage in the city center on a pedestrian only street. This is where the mayor presents you a commemorative plaque that you get to take home. A copy of this plaque will also be put in the city museum.
182 words

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

Code:
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
I think both teams management teams are in a good position going into the finals since they both made it to at least a final in the last few seasons. However, I think the move made by the Platoons during this season and last off-season show the Platoons management are more willing to take risk.
55 words

Code:
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
I think the Platoons MVP should be their goaltender, Beaujeaux Biscuit. A stellar 1.83 GAA and an even more impressive 0.941 save percentage. Their unsung hero should be third-liner Joshua Woodcroft who got 10 points during the playoffs while putting two game-winning goal and a game-tying goal. He was clutch with limited ice time and this is why I picked him has the Platoons unsung hero.
66 words

Code:
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise: Most of their core player are still there and their roster is still good enough to compete for the title. They also decided to add some missing pieces to their team to put themselves in a better position with the objectives of winning in the short term while their core is still composed of very good players.
59 words

Code:
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
I think Beaujeaux Biscuit is more likely to carry his team to title. I think he has more experience than his opponent and that should translate into better performances than the Dragons goalie when the pressure is on. Secondly, I think Biscuit has a better supporting cast in front of him and good team performance usually led to good goalie statistics.
61 words

Code:
I think the most disappointing team not to make it to the finals will be the New Orleans Specters. They had an outstanding regular season in which they top their conference only to be eliminated by the first team they face in the playoffs and a series in which they lost two games during overtime. They also reach the final last year and they were expected to be a contender this year. After losing to Buffalo, winning this year could have been even more rewarding, but Texas got the best of them. The Specters should still be able to compete next year if they retain their upcoming free agents, but their main core is getting old and they will need to win sooner rather than later. Kurczewski, Fletcher, Augustus and Eastwood are getting into the last few years in which they can be part of the main assets of a contending team.
152 words

Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)
The team I choose is the West Kendall Platoons. A quick look at their roster to try to find an area that could use some improvement revealed that the Platoons could use another pure top line center or a high-end defenseman that could play in all situations. The team I could take a player from, or the two teams that got eliminated by the Platoons are the Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede. Buffalo is definitely the team with the more appealing players. From the Stampede roster, I decide to add defenseman Tatu Makela (@WannabeFinn) to West Kendall’s roster. Makela would automatically become the Platoons top defender. He would relegate Sven Brokstad out of the top 4 which would improve the quality of the opposition face by their opponent. He could also play on the first powerplay due to his passing skills and be on the first penalty kill. After analyzing West Kendall’s weaknesses, I think  Makela would add more to the Platoons than any center who were on a team eliminated by the Platoons.
175 words

Code:
Send via PM.

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 08:07 PM by Inf1d3l.)

Quote:Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)

Barret McCarthy is a big fan of pie. So the first thing the town organized was a massive pie eating contest. In the ned there was over 80 entrants and the winner got an all expense paid trip for four to a Rage home game in a box, on McCarthy's dime. After that Barret went to visit the local pee wee hockey league, showing them some of his skills and playing a quick game with them, helping them improve and having a great time with the kids. They loved meeting an actual SHL player, even if McCarthy isn't exactly a big name (yet). Finally, Barret spent some time at home with his family, which is always a big affair. Even his older brother Cloud, a previous SH draftee, came to visit, and of course the two of them argued about who was the more talented defenseman. Barret showed his brother up pretty hard, but Cloud won't admit it.

Quote:Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
Calgary comes into the finals on a hot streak against some strong contenders like Texas and Edmonton, looking to continue their dominance in the finals. West Kendall however comes in after a dominating first round, sneaking in with a 7 game series against Buffalo. The match-up of the series is the goaltending and who can put a brick wall around their goal.
Quote:2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
JR95 knows the ins an outs of the chaos that happens within the game better than most. He can come into this series with a strong sense of what can happen on the ice and the ability to make quick adaptations to anything that might cause quick changes in momentum or morale through a game or series.
Quote:4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
A battle like this is going to come straight down to goaltending. Beaujeaux Biscuit has had quite the run so far in the playoffs and will need that type of dominating mentality going up against a Calgary Dragons squad that has surprised some hockey fans by making it this far.
Quote:5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild Surprise: The Dragons have drafted well in those 2 seasons and had a decent crop of young players coming up that they could rely on, as well as having veterans like Mike Izzy who can take over a game single handedly when required and lead them to a finals that many did not see coming.
Quote:7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No Surprise: The West Kendall Platoon have proven in seasons past that they know how to build a championship contending team, and though last season they did under perform, with younger teams like Manhattan beating them out, they were able to regroup and come back strong this season, though I do worry their veterans may be seeing their best days gone by.
Quote:8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
Beaujeaux Biscuit has had an incredible dominant performance so far thus postseason and I expect that to continue going up against a Calgary squad who may not have the strongest offensive presence on the ice. Calgary will quickly need to find a soft spot on Biscuit or they very well may be seeing themselves toppled hard by the surging Platoon.

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

Calgary came into the finals beating out the Edmonton Blizzard in the first round of the playoffs. With their pick-up, Calgary would likely be thrilled to bring Joseph Lombardi onto the roster, a strong and fast scoring talent, Lombardi could give the Dragons a severe edge in the finals with his ability to score and read plays, and his strength enables him to keep possession and take the body checks to make a play that other forwards may flinch or get pancaked trying. Once they finished dusting off Edmonton, the Dragons would slay the Texas Renegades in a quick western conference final. With that, the Dragons would beef up their special teams with Liam O'Callaghan, a player who can easily be put on the top power play and penalty kill lines and out perform anyone he goes against, and is as much a defensive bloackade as he is an offensive threat. a player like him can easily make or break a series, and Calgary would be more than thrilled to add him onto the roster.

Quote:TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent

Quote:Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)

The Manhattan Rage had an incredible season in S46. They manage to make a run for the President's Trophy, barely losing out to Buffalo, finishing second in the division and beating Toronto in their first playoffs match-up in some time. They unfortunately fell short against Buffalo in the Eastern finals but vowed to come back stronger next season, and the league agreed. Unfortunately, the season did not quite play out the way the Rage had hoped. Though the players had developed more and were fully expected to outshine most of the Eastern conference, Manhattan had a hard time finding their stride this season. While they did make the playoffs, and went into a match-ups that seemed like a no brainer win for them, the Chicago Syndicate shocked the Rage with their youth and booted them from the playoffs in a disappointing early exit. Luckily, West Kendall avenged the Rage hard however. Their inability to find consistency in special teams and even strength units becamse the Rage's downfall.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 07:39 PM by chetib.)

While Port Moody BC is Tibuk Soonika’s birth home this past year his adoption by the Swiss national team has prompted Soonika to reject his birth home and return to his adopted home of Davos, Switzerland. Being an avid skier Soonika has integrated well into the city and has become a role model for local “Swit-izens” (a term Soonika created himself being a combination of Switzerland and Citizens). While returning home the City through a parade to honour their accomplished adopted son. Signs adorned the streets as Soonika walked the streets waving to the crowds “Soonika ist ein seltsamer Familienname”, “Hurra, jemand anderes, den ich nicht kenne !!”, “Bitte hört auf, uns Switizens zu nennen. Wir sprechen keinen Idioten!". While Tibuk's language skills are still developing, he has never been more proud to be somewhere where people chant his name and accept him for who he is. Switzerland has truly become a place where Tibuk can begin his life again after hockey.

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

With the end of a very successful season Tibuk Soonika is looking ahead to what might be his first season in SHL with Chicago. Jay Bae has been a great fit for Chicago but as she gets further and further into regression the wear is going to be come greater and greater and it will be time to switch to some up and coming talent. Tibuk has a few gaps which will need to be addressed moving forward but there is plenty of TPE in the bank to make an impactful start. Chicago seems like an up and coming team with some promising young parts, there could be some growing pains in the next few seasons but there are some excellent building blocks which could make them real contenders. Will Tibuk see any meaningful SHL time? That is a job for the accomplished GMs of Chicago to decide but her is certainly ready for what the next chapter holds in store.

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE, 1 TPE)

1. The SMJHL finals could playout in any direction. Anaheim has shown that they can dance with the big boys by knocking off St. Louis. They have good depth up and down their line and their good players are playing well. Montreal could also turn it on when they want and should not be under estimated. They have a great net minder and can score at will. While the series could play out for a full 7 don’t be surprised if Anaheim closes this one out early.

You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Anaheim’s anthem can only be one choice “California” by Phantom Planet. This song is not only unique to the California lifestyle but embodies the casual lifestyle that the supporters of Anaheim represent. There is of course the ties that this song has to popular TV show The OC which is an Anaheim staple. There are a number of characters that closely align with the Anaheim area that can be drawn from to include in various performances. But let it be known that while we love the song the kids from that show are washouts now and the Outlaws don’t want any bums hanging around near their locker room. Montreal anthem choice should have something to do with cold and death because that is what their winter’s feel like. Also something that has to do with French, but seeing as google doesn’t give any great options for “Song cold weather death French” we will be stuck with Celine Dion because that is a cold death right there.

The biggest disappointment of the season is going to have to be the St. Louis Scarecrows in the SMJHL and the New Orleans Specters in the SHL. For the Scarecrows, while it was inevitable that they be knocked out of the playoffs at some point the three-peat Champions are always expected to go far until they don’t. They lost in a tight series to the Anaheim Outlaws but after winning 3 years in a row expectations were still high that they would be returning to the finals again. The Specters were knocked out in their first round, all be it in 7 games, but after having a great start to their franchise this team was expected to go farther this year. Losing to the wild card Texas Renegades was a hard blow but hopefully one they learn from and continue to improve upon moving forward. Hard to say right now if this is just bad luck for these teams or if this marks a downturn for these 2 teams moving forward.

Having over thrown the reigning champs in the St. Louis Scarecrows I think we have the luxury of choosing from so many great players. St. Louis has an incredible lineup and we would be lucky to have any of them. But having to choose only 1 I would go with Nicolas Fleming (@“Nereus”). He had an absolute tear this post season and could see him slotting in with the Anaheim Outlaws. A total of 13 (8 goals and 5 assists) points across 13 Games played and a killer Shooting percentage of 28.57%. This guy seems like he would be dangerous anytime he touches the puck. Fleming also doled out a respectable 16 hits through the playoffs showing he is not going to be intimidated. There are so many options but if I was to choose one person it would definitely be Nicolas Fleming, great games my man see you next season.

Total 16 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player) @Zoone13

[Image: wOrQrsZ.png]

Well we have a group of respected individuals who can bring a group together. Steelhead has been around forever and C00kies hands out the BEST cookies. Mind you JR is the simmer so he could just rig this whole thing up. Personally both teams should be in for a battle.

3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

Honestly if Bojo can pull off some veteran form he could force the L on Calgary. Mind you Izzy could take a whole game over and drive the Dragons to a win over West Kendall. It all comes down to how the teams are built.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

They don't call the Calgary Dragons the most successful SHL Franchise for nothing, these boys have built the group up consistently and its no wonder that they are here.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Renaissance seasons from almost everyone as well as the fact that they picked up some notable trades. While not shocking it is rather surprising to see it all happen at once.

Honestly both have been here before and there is no reason why they cant do it again. Bojo is an old, veteran goalie who has done almost everything and knows what it takes. Vilde is cool as a cucumber and, while younger, doesn't lack a whole lot in experience.

TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of thier June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover, should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him. @Coach Biz

[Image: KU5tXaO.png]

Honestly the New Orleans Specters. This isn't even just a homer pick, this team repreated as Southwest Divison champion and, after getting to within one win of the Challenge Cup, managed to improve on their regular season. 3 HUGE names saw improvement. Oisin Fletcher Broke 40 points after finishing S46 with 39 by nabbing 45, Piotr Czerkawski went from 38 in S46 to 58! in S47 MASSIVE improvement. Finally we get to arguably the MVP of S47, DeMaricus Smyth. DM Smyth lit up the league for 62 points, league leading. He was second on the team in S46 with 44. Add to that, Richard Physt lead all defenceman with 32 points again, matching his total in S46. Everything seemed in place, and then they couldn't get the job done against the Renes.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 12:30 AM by hotdog.)

Two contenders stand out in my mind here - Buffalo and New Orleans. Both of these teams are immensely talented, and I'm sure both had aspirations
of hoisting the cup this year. Since Buffalo won last year and ran into a Biscuit On Fire in the semifinals, I'll say New Orleans is the bigger
dissapointment. Their roster is fairly stacked and expectations were high, especially after an insane second half of the regular season. No 
disrespect intended towards Texas, but New Orleans were the clear favorite in that matchup and to see them fall short was a disappointment
and a surprise. Their offense and defense both were fine in the series, so I'm going to say the reason they fell short is a lack of grit. Every
game they lost to Texas they lost by 1 goal. 3-2, 4-3, 3-2, 4-3. In the playoffs you gotta buckle down in the close games and nut up for a win; 
Texas was able to do that this series and NOR was not.

Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? 

Since I think West Kendall is going to win these finals and I will get more sweet sweet TPE if they do, I'm going to add a player to their roster to help them take down Calgary. West Kendall is stacked already, of course, but I'm gonna toss them an Oliver Konig to play in the middle; I have no doubt Konig's addition would make WKP a lock for the title. Konig was clutch as fuck last year for Buffalo en route to their raising of the Challenge Cup, it seems like that guy really has what it takes to succeed. I mean, the dude was the Anton Razov award winner last year (btw i didn't know what it was called i had to look it up, i knew he won playoff MVP tho YOU MY GUY SLEEPY), adding his 1400+ TPE and his clutch gene to the Platoon would give quite the boost to their already high title odds. @Sleepy

It's Miami... we're going Pitbull, folks. Dale! The man who everyone seems to love to hate will be bringing the HEAT for this National Anthem. We've decided to forgo the traditional anthems of Canada and the USA for something a bit flashier. First, for the visiting Calgary Dragons, Pitbull breaks into a rendition of his smash hit "Give Me Everything" because that song is actually good and the real Canadian National Anthem is actually good (well, not bad). The US anthem sux ass tho so replacing the US anthem will be a song called "hotel room service" because that sounds terrible. I'm decently familiar with pitbull songs but i gotta be honest I do not remember this one so i'm gonna assume it sucks shit. Pitbull performs, fittingly, on a stage with palm trees and is surrounded by a brigade of 8-10 real live actually pitbulls (like the dog) snarling at the ice around them. 

Task 13 (3 TPE)

Sent

Task 05: (Written, 4 TPE)

Biscuit, in goal for the West Kendall Platoon, has had an incredible playoff run so far and I've got no reason to believe he'll stop it anytime soon. WKP is loaded on the ice and boasts a ton of depth, so it's difficult to predict the one skater who will be an x factor. Biscuit, however, is alone in net and he is locked the fuck in right now.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

mild surprise - any time you have the best player in the league (izzy, in terms of TPE), it's not going to be that surprising to see that team succeed. Sure, they weren't the best team in the conference during the regular season, but this is an organization that has proven before they know how to win the Challenge Cup - that and their beast izzy out there on the ice make them a mild surprise (still mild because NOR and EDM seemed to be on track to make it)

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

Maxime Bouchard for Calgary has already made a name for himself this year, so succeeding in these finals would just be the culmination of the breakout season as opposed to the breakout itself. Bouchard had an incredible regular season and should win the Rookie of the Year award, and it would be no surprise to see him continue that high level of play in these finals @Weretarantula

No surprise - anybody who observed the run WKP went on in the second half of the regular season would be hardly surprised to see them make the finals. They loaded up big time at the trade deadline to the extent that anything other than hoisting the Cup will be a disappointment in this S47 season.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Task 13: Done

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

At the airport, ready to fly back to Colorado for offseason training.. being honored as a home town hero was weird.
When I first got to the rink where the Celebration was taking place I was greeted with applause and cheers from a large croud. I was overwhelmed by people that wanted to shake my hand and say some encouraging words "great season" " Colorado is my favorite team" and stuff like that. It was nice to visit my hometown after three seasons over in America and the small town feel was really relaxing. Entering the rink I got in the locker room with the local youth team, they were excited to play some hockey and I got to sign some autographs and answer questions. They put my jersey in the rafter and then we had fun playing some hockey in front of a sold out arena. After the game we grilled some burgers and people came up to say hello and take pictures.

Knute Knurtsson had a down year in s47 only putting up 30 points in 50 games matching his goal total from s46 but the assists were not there. With season 47 being his third year in the SMJHL much was expected from him after exceeding all expectations in season 46 when he out up 44 points and tied for 2nd in league scoring. Questions has been raised if he truly is ready to take the step to the next level or if he need more time in the minors. Is Knute the victim of playing on a bad Colorado team or does he lack the skill to be a difference maker? Can he drive a line or will he need to play with more skilled players? In the playoffs he put up 2 goals and 4 assists when cooorado got swept in 4 games, showing of tenacity and skill but the question remains if he has what it takes to play in the SHL.

The finals will be a hard fought match up and I give the edge to West Kendall Platoon, with crazy goaltending from Beaujeaux Biscuit it is hard to argue against them and when you look at their offense they have 2 potentil first lines. Calgary has the future ahead of them but the Platoon is in it to win it and I think they will.

3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Beaujeaux Biscuit is the clear playoff MVP at this point and could very well be the MVP even if Calgary wins. With a 95% save percentage and 1.45 goals against avarage West Kendall barely have to score to win games.
Unsung hero: Brennan Kennedy Jr. He has no point going in to the finals but he plays important minutes for the Dragons in a kind of a filler role and he does it great.

The question is if Calgary can shut down a very potent West Kendall Platoon offence. They will need Mike Izzy to play an important role in taking on and exceeding one of West Kendalls two top lines. This will be a hard match up for Calgary and they will need Kate Vilde to stand on his head to fend of all the pucks coming from both forward and defensmen.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise, Calgary did the right thing and sold of roster players for future players but they manged to keep a strong core lead by Mike Izzy and with players like Pedersen and Choybuk already in the pipeline the future was looking great, add in the trade for Dash and a great s46 draft where they picked up their future 1 pairing in Smeb and Kennedy Jr. And a Center in Batsbak and you have a team that will only get stronger.

Obvious answer is Chico Smeb, and that is what I'm going with. Chico is a dynamic defensman that can both pass and shoot the puck, a great skater for his size. Smeb is goin to be a star in the league and a pillar on the blue line for Calgary for many seasons to come. After a strong performance in the playoffs I belive people around the legue will start to take more notice of him, Chico hype train is about to leave the station!

The biggest disappointment has the be the New Orleans Specters that got all the way to the finals in their first year and now they got bounced in the Conference semifinals against Texas Renegades. Many people were on the Specters hype train but that crashed pretty quick when
Aleister Cain got bombarded with shots and couldn't keep them out of his net. The Specters went bold at the expansion draft picking up a win now team, for them this must be a huge disappointment and their window is starting to close. With a underwhelming performance from Roman Augustus they might have to look ahead at their upcoming prospects to take a big step next season and complement a ageing core. Cain is still a young goalie and is a huge part of this teams future success and with some good drafting and a couple of trades this team has the potential to stay a contender for a long time but luck is always needed to win a Championship.

PM sent!

[Image: knute.jpg]

Task 13: Sent PM (3 TPE)

"Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)

Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)"
One thing not heavilly reported during the season was Calgarys GMs strangle hold he had on the dietary restrictions during the season. Because of his overwhelming love for chicken parm, he made it mandatory that each player eat a chicken parm atleast once a day. This resulted in some issues in the preseason due to weight gain, but it seems as though his play may have worked. Because of the extra calories players were taking on, they had to work harder and push to keep the parm from going to their asses. This in turn resulted in longer more intense work outs. While this may not have been popular among the players it is hard to dispute that the crazy old loon may have had the right idea force feeding his players what can only be described as "the worst possible thing to have to eat every single day for years."

"Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)"

Oh man where do I even start. I think once i can build up more training, Ill be fine, my core strengths are there, if anything its just a bit of fine tuning and capping out what I can. That said Ill be excited to join my team as soon as @FlappyGiraffe needs me Ill be there, That also said, Ill be pretty sad to leave my bois in Vancouver. Yea ill see them around the league when we play together, and who knows maybe on day we pick a shit team and make an SHL Whalers super team, but i dont have my money on that, so its going to suck having to leave all the guys and not really see them every day. That said I wont really miss when @GeckoeyGecko goes on his coke filled tirades, which he has actually cut down on lately, so its kind of a lose/win situation?

I had the honor of playing for my home town in the OHL, after a few seasons of playing for our biggest rivals. When asked what I wanted to do for the day (outside of getting the key to the city, which was just a little thing, small stage, small crowd outside of city hall) the only thing that came to my mind was meeting the current lineup of the team. They had just gotten back from a disappointing run at the Memorial Cup where they lost to the eventual champions. Once I finished up a minor tour of the arena, I got to meet the guys who had just finished some training. They had already moved on from the loss, and it was nice to see, an attitude i intend to learn from going forward. I was also there as they added my name to the alumni wall on the upper deck, and received a new customized jersey with the new team logo on it.

I think the biggest dissapointment for me has to be Minnesota, aside from the fact that they currently employ a number of former (and some current) whalers, they also apparently had a bigger advantage than most of the other teams, and allegedly TONS of cap room, so where did they fuck up? I believe the quintessential fuck up that was had by Minny was not enough tampering. Lets be real if you're gonna do it, do it to the extreme. When taking that into account, their FA pick ups have been lack luster and honestly thats my biggest issue with them. I also know that this is probably going to cause issue with some Minny players, i can hear it now, but to that i say "boo hoo", If you dont want me to be saying this, work harder, play smarter, get the pucks deep, and get to the god damn finals you cowards. (They also seemingly got fucked in several luck based stats, I just wanted to make fun of a few whalers)

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 10:05 AM by Segi.)

Championship week is here as the Calgary Dragons take on the West Kendall Platoon in the S47 Challenge Cup finals! The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you are apart of it with your contributions to this post! You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the tasks below. Each assignment will vary in TPE amount so please read each task carefully! You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE . Feel free to do more than that, but you won't get the credit for anything over 16.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be done for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:

Being able to return home with the cup after his third season with the Anaheim Outlaws was obviously a huge accomplishment. Because it was "only" the Four Star Cup and not the Challenge Cup, so the media interest wasn't huge especially since the cup came to Switzerland for the third year in a row, thanks to Basil Magnicotta and Nicolaj Müller winning it the previous 2 years with the St. Louis Scarecrows. However, Seger's family and friends showed up at the airport and they had rented a bus to drive back to his home town of Flawil. Once there, the cup was brought to a restaurant/pub and the party was going on the whole night. It all was a lot of fun and for the whole event, there was plenty of alcohol. If you combine that with the jetlag, it should be obvious that Seger spent most of his remaining 2 days back home in bed. Although he did have the chance to catch up with a couple of former team mates before he had to head back to the airport.

Code:

Mathias Seger has already been on the sheet of 12 SHL games. In three, he even got some ice time in the S46 conference finals. In those three games, Seger spent 38 minutes on the ice and got awarded 3 hits and blocked 2 shots. He even managed to get sent to the penalty box for two minutes. Before S47, Seger received the offer to play for the Minnesota Chiefs full time, but he decided to play one more season with the Anaheim Outlaws. Overall Seger feels ready to make the step to the big league. The physicality is already there and his skills with and without the puck should be enough to have a spot within the top four defensemen of a non-elite SHL team. With the whole Minnesota tampering case still up in the air, the future has once again become uncertain, but Seger is prepared to move north this summer.

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

2. While West Kendall can certainly count on two very good GMs, in this category, the advantage still goes to Calgary, simply because the Dragons are the bigger surprise team in the finals and they needed a very strong management team to even get them here. Also JR and Wongy have never scouted me, which is another clear point in favour of Calgary.

4. West Kendall Platoon captain Alex Light certainly has the ability to make the deceisive difference in this series. He's a great captain and well respected by his team, whith which he has already won two Challenge Cups. Meanwhile Calgary is a very young team that still has to find its identity.

5. Mild surprise - The Calgary Dragons were once a dynasty, maybe the strongest one the SHL has ever seen. Now, it was clear that this couldn't continue forever and it hasn't, but the management from their glory days hasn't changed and they obviously know what they're doing. Now not a lot of people would have expected to see them back on top so soon, but it was never a question whether they would be back at all.

7. No surprise - The surprise happened last season when the West Kendall Platoon missed the play offs entirely. Even though they have a ton of players in regression, they were never a weak team and missed out on the play offs simply by bad luck. With their dominant win in the finals, the Platoon have proved this point.

Code:

The biggest name missing in the SMJHL finals were definitely the St. Louis Scarecrows. After winning the Four Star Cup in all of the three previous seasons, the Scarecrows exited this years cup run in the semi finals against the recent expansion team - the Anaheim Outlaws. And you can't say that St. Louis got hit hard with call ups after keeping most people down for three seasons. Quite the contrary, the Scarecrows finished the regular season of season 47 in first place. 4 points ahead of the 2nd placed Montral Militia and 12 points ahead of the Anaheim Outlaws. So one could have definitely expected to see the Scarecrows in the finals.
The reasons for their shortcoming arent that they didn't take their semi final opponent seriously. You don't win three titles in three seasons without playing your best hockey in every playoff series. The reason was that the Outlaws were just too good in this seasons playoff campaign. They were a better team than the regular season showed. For some reason, they just took a big slump in the middle of the season. They also switched Jerry Mander from the wing to their defense to increase their defensive depth. And the Outlaws just grew together perfectly during this post season. Not once did they change their lines. From game 1 against the Lions until game 7 against the Militia, the players had always the same linemates.

Code:

Answers sent

16/16

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 10:01 PM by fever95.)

Task 3
I have been in the SMJHL for the past two seasons with the St. Louis Scarecrows, winning a 4 Stat Cup in Season 46 and coming up short, losing in seven games of the third round to the eventual champions in Season 47. I will miss my Crows teammates when I am called up to the Winnipeg Jets of the SHL but I am also excited to make my SHL debut and hopefully help the Jets win some Challenge Cups. St. Louis has been a very fun locker room to be a part of and I am glad that I decided to sign as a free agent there. There will a forever bond between myself and my Scarecrows teammates and I will miss being a part of their great franchise. I believe that my scoring, defense and skating attributes are already at an SHL ready level, while I will need to work a bit on my checking, passing, endurance and strength attributes before they are at acceptable SHL numbers.

Task 5
Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Goaltender, Beaujeaux Biscuit of the West Kendall Platoon should definitely be considered as their playoff MVP as he has been lights out and nothing short of a brick wall all playoffs long. He has stopped over 95% of the 300+ shots faced heading into the finals, allowing just 1.45 goals per game and four shutouts. As for the Platoon’s unsung hero, I would go with young defenseman, Nat Emerson. Although he has failed to put a point on the scoresheet and came into the finals with a -2 rating, Emerson was not afraid to do the little things and do what it takes to help his team win. Emerson delivered 22 hits and blocked 10 shots, all while staying disciplined with only four penalty minutes.

Task 7
The national anthems have been a part of tradition prior to a hockey game being played for as long as I can remember. With that being said, the artist chosen to sing the national anthems during the Challenge Cup Finals in West Kendall and Calgary would be a very important decision. Given that task, for the West Kendall Platoon, I would choose Ariana Grande. Ariana is a native of Florida and one of the most recognizable faces and voices in the music industry all of the world. She always does her best to put on a great show and be the best at what she does and that is why I believe she personifies the West Kendall Platoon perfectly. As for the Calgary Dragons, I would choose hometown country music star, Paul Brandt. Calgary is known for country music and rodeo, especially when “The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth”, the Calgary Stampede is going on. Paul Brandt has been a musician for a long time now and has some big hit songs, still enjoying his career and that is why I believe he would be the best choice for Calgary.

Task 9
I would consider the New Orleans Specters to be the biggest disappointment this season. In their inaugural season, last season they made it all the way to the Challenge Cup Finals, giving the Buffalo Stampede a run for their money and eventually bowing out in seven games. I expected more of the same or them to take it one step further and win the Challenge Cup this season. Unfortunately for the Specters, they were eliminated in the Conference Semifinals of the playoffs against a tough Texas Renegades team in another tough seven game series. One of the biggest reasons that I believe they were unable to advance past the second round of the playoffs was their penalty killing woes. New Orleans allowed 5 goals against while being shorthanded 18 times, for a 72.22% penalty killing percentage. Those kinds of numbers won’t help you win many games and was one of the biggest reasons the Specters were eliminated early in the playoffs.

Task 12
The West Kendall Platoon did not face that much adversity in the Season 47 Challenge Cup Playoffs, especially early on. During the first round, they sat back and watched to find out who their second round opponent would be as they had a first round bye. In the second round, the Platoon made it look easy, sweeping the Chicago Syndicate in four straight games. Although most of those four games were tightly contested, with only one being decided by more than two goals, West Kendall shut out Chicago in first two games and made quick work of them on their way to the Conference Finals. Those Conference Finals is where the adversity came into play for the Platoon, dropping the first two games of the series to the Buffalo Stampede at home. They picked up the win in game three but dropped game four to go down 3-1 in the series. That was the turning point for the Platoon who would go on to reel of seven straight wins to win that series in seven games as well as sweeping the Calgary Dragons to capture the Challenge Cup.

Task 13
PM Sent

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 01:15 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
Coming home to Malmö, Sweden is a treat in itself; the air is fresh with the smells and feel of the coastline, the people are laid-back yet sharp-witted, and the city's rustic skyline appears to ripped out of a magazine. While I always return to his birthplace in the summer, this year was special; the Jets organized a special beach vacation in my home city for me and my family, with a few parties intermingled with the relaxation. The weather was perfect as I loaded my suitcase into the cozy cottage, my parents and siblings close behind. A few tourists stared at me, recognizing me from the hockey headlines, and approached asking for autographs. I obliged them, and after a bit of time on the beach, I headed to a party. The local Swedish Hockey League team, the Malmö Redhawks, had sent a few players to attend, and they gave me some autographed gear; fame or not, it was still special to see my hometown team. I had an amazing time in the midst of the celebration, and am thankful to the Jets organization for pulling this off.

Code:

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
1. You have two teams with a lot of veterans and history behind them, both backed by extraordinary defense and clutch offensive guys. Ultimately, it will be the goalies making the difference, and that's why I think that Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo will be a shoo-in for the star of the series. Knowing what I know now, it's tough to think that West Kendall Platoon doesn't come out and win this series, they have so much momentum and have looked dominant on the ice all playoffs.
2. I think @JR95 and @Wongy really know what they are too and have tons of advantages managerially, with lots of championships the S40s, they know what it takes to win and aren't afraid to shuffle lines and mix up their gameplay. They have a way of inspiring confidence with their players and a way of countering all tactics attempted by the other side, I believe they have the mettle to out-strategize Calgary.
4. Other than goaltending, skater-wise you have to say the player making the difference for West Kendall is Dani Forsberg. Forsberg can score like few others and has been one of the most consistent offensive forwards for many seasons. Forsberg would be the one to score at the right time to put the game away, and to not fade away from tiredness in the final few games of the S47 season.
5. There's "no surprise" here; they still have some of the most talented veterans like @Mike Izzy Mike Izzy, who is still over 2000 TPE, and some of the best young players from the last few draft classes, including the first overall pick from my draft class, Rainbow Dash @Eggy216 , and rookie of the year candidate @Weretarantula Maxime Bouchard. To top this up, they have an elite up-and-coming goalie in Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins who is entering the prime years of their career and should be a leader from the net for years to come. The Dragons rebuild was never going to last with names like these already hitting the ice.
6. Ethan Ross @JR95 has a chance to show that he is West Kendall's #1 defender in the near future and to show that he can make an impact sooner than many would have thought. He can back a scoring punch from the blue line, indicating power play potential, and shore up the penalty killing units as well with added depth defensively. Every team needs a responsible two-way blueliner, and Ross has a perfect opportunity to showcase his skills.
8. I think Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo has the better chance to lead his team to victory simply because he has more years of experience under his belt; as a S37 player, he has seen 10 seasons come and go, and that gives him experience and nerves of steel under the bright lights. He also has excellent rebound control, style control, and hand speed; since he's maxed out the most essential attributes for a netminder, he should be capable at stopping all sorts of shots.
Code:
Coming into the season, the New Orleans Specters would have been my favorites to win it all, so I would say that they were the biggest disappointment among playoff teams. Perhaps the expectations being too lofty were the cause of their elimination this year. One would have been accepting of them losing to a powerhouse team, like say the Dragons or the Blizzard, but losing to Texas, who were viewed as one of the weaker playoff teams, delivered an extra sting to the Specters fan base. They simply didn't perform under pressure and were outworked; on paper, New Orleans has a ton of young budding stars, but their youth may have backfired. I believe that of all these reasons, the youth was the biggest reason for their defeat; they didn't have the experience to know how to navigate the playoffs and the pressure overwhelmed these youngsters as they were knew to the scene.
Code:
The Calgary Dragons could use some help defensively to stop West Kendall from edging them out on the scoreboard, and that would be where they would bring in Brady McIntyre @caltroit_red_flames from the Edmonton Blizzard. The Blizzard may have fallen to Calgary early, but they were magnificent in the regular season, with McIntyre having a breakout season where he not only set a personal career high in points, but was third in the league for defensemen points, one of only three defensemen in the whole league to surpass the 50 point mark. Pairing him with Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle on the top power play unit would be the ideal combination to rack up tons of shot attempts on the power play and have some great passing leverage on the man advantage; he could slot in with Driftwood at even strength too. He would help both scoring and limiting defensive chances, as his defense is top-notch too. McIntyre plays the same type of hockey as Calgary, and that's why he was selected and is a perfect fit for the team.
Code:
13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Sent

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]