Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Code:
Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

This is so bold I have to write my critic in bold. SFP is going all the way baby and nothing will stop us, not even the Panthers. They have a good team so they might finish behind us but they will not surpass the Pride. Both teams won't be in wildcard spot they will lead the league. What a stupid statement Wink

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

I don’t think there’s any chance of this. 250 hits was an unassailable number for a long time in the SHL. With Slappy McDoodle it was always a personal goal to reach it, as I thought it was possible under perfect circumstances. Turns out those circumstances were the combination of Jaywhy’s time as the simmer (which seemed to have some extreme performances) and the major double shifting era. There was a sweet spot of about two or three seasons where hit numbers shot up to levels never seen before or since. Danny “Bananas” Foster as an enforcer especially took advantage of this and racked up inhuman numbers, breaking 300 hits in a single season, if my memory serves.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Izzy might be regressing, but the old man still is a top player in the league and he can still last a couple more seasons.
25 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Code:
hotdog - Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

well just looking back on New Englands recent track record with sweeps and it's not looking too friendly, if you can smell what im putting down.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Los Angeles is set to make the playoffs. I am not sure they will be a wildcard team, so I am claiming this as bold. If they are simply a wildcard team, that will surprise me. Panthers are ready for a deep run in the playoffs.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

hotdog - Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

Guy Zheng is an amazing player and person I truly believe they have a great shot winning the stevens. His player is stepping up in the league becoming more and more important for his team. However, NEW is not at all going to sweep. They don't have the star power to sweep.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals...

lmfao there is absolutely no way that this team makes it to the conference final. No disrespect to the management, but there seems to be no clear direction to this team right now as they bounce between playoff ready and rebuilding constantly. They need to figure out what they're doing if they want any real shot at driving for a long playoff run.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Minnesota will make the western conference finals

Not a chance in hell. Naturally LAP are a lock for them on their way to a cup so theres one spot available, and therefore we can only assume they’ll lose out to one of 3 better teams (Calgary, Edmonton and NOLA). See you in the draft lottery minny.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Code:

This is totally wrong, as Los Angeles won't even make a wildcard spot. To get in the wildcards we would have to lose more games then we intend to do. Los Angeles won't make the wildcards, but take the conference by storm.
Despite our young goaltending duo, they will be the reasons we will get to the playoffs without the wildcard

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

SFP's missing the playoffs last season was not an indication of things to come - they will bounce back from a stretch of bad sim luck this season. This team has the strongest defense in the league, an elite goalie, and a forward top 6 who have worked their butts off to become top tier players in the league. They will be competing for the SW Division title. LAP might make the playoffs, but it won't be at the expense of SFP.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

The best player in the SHL season after season. He fights off regression easily, there is no way he retires. Easily the most bold of them all.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

10-04-2019, 05:44 PMluketd Wrote:
10-04-2019, 05:39 PMKalakar Wrote: You have a point. I think Tampa would be ecstatic to win the President's Trophy again and while Manhattan doesn't have the great @JSS in their roster they might have a little bit more firepower than the current Barracudas. But you never know with Simon!

but they do have the great @"luketd" aka luke the dog aka luke touchdown aka luke the downtrodden

Who?

10-04-2019, 04:08 PMMantoRune Wrote: Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

This is incorrect as team isn't that strong and They'll be out in the first round if they even make it. Most of the team is regressing which will make it so they're not going to be able to last the stint.

While I will admit they are not the strongest team on paper, saying most of the team is regressing is simply incorrect. Of the 20 rostered players on the team this season 6 have hit regression. Of those 6, 1 is retiring, 1 is over 1700 TPE, 1 is just below 1500 TPE, Another over 1000, then one in the 900's and 1 in the 800's. Meanwhile they have a core of 7 active players from S45 and earlier that will be hitting their prime soon as they begin cresting the 1000 TPE mark and have quite a few seasons before entering regression.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Mike Izzy announcing his retirement? Ace are you high? (If so will you share?) Izzy will never retire. Why would he? He still competes no matter how much regression tells him to give up. Mike Izzy is about 19 seasons away from retirement.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Code:
Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year

I don't think Winnipeg will surge at all in the regular season. Just because you make way too many questionable moves in the off-season doesn't instantly mean success. You need to figure out line combinations, chemistry and a bunch of other things. Stadiumgambler will spend the whole season working on this and have no chance at coach of the year when other teams are having instant success. Sometimes the devil you know is better and it is in this case.

Code:
80 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]