Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

if we were having a movie night in buffalo, michael scarn would obviously pick threat level midnight which is a cinematic masterpiece and all of the buffalo stampede guys will enjoy it.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The Chicago Syndicate and Anchorage Armada will have a joint movie going experience headed by the one and only CC2. The movie? A documentary about goats called Defying All Odds: Goat goes against Gravity. CC2 rated it 5 out of 5 jodans.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

10-12-2019, 07:31 PMBadWolf Wrote:
10-11-2019, 11:48 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I do enjoy Slap Shot, but I think the important point here is that all of the good hockey movies seem to support the Chiefs in some way or another. It's almost like it's fate or something. Plus with the Mighty Ducks Trilogy we get 3 movies and Emilio Estevez.

Okay so how about this y’all. Chiefs movie week?

Sign me up

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Ryan Shepard would pick the movie Moneyball. He enjoys the way it changed baseball, and how it has seeped into other sports in this day and age. If the GMs watched it and like his advanced stats it could potentially increase his contract in the future as well.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Marius and the boys recently together to watch Don't Mess with the Zohan. Considering the level of intellect needed to hate the movie, it's safe to say that Buffalians love it thoroughly

If I had to pick one movie for Hamilton movie night it would probably be something really funny like one of those classic Adam Sandler flicks, or even an old Will Ferrell movie like Stepbrothers.
(35 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

We would watch don't mess with the zohan also I think, it's a really good movie and also because don't mess with the zohan is actually the movie i was thinking of watching while outside one time and I remember it because it was scary.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 05:47 AM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

Käspertommevisnapuu is very proud of Estonian heritage, and decided when it was his turn for movie night, that he would do a triple feature of Estonian films.

First is the movie “Nimed Marmortahvili” (“Names in Marble”), which is a drama based on the 1936 book by Albert Kivikas. The film is about the war for Estonian independence from 1918-1920. Kalevolaripaavo showed this movie because it gave an understanding just how long Estonia looked to be independent.

The next film was the movie “1944”, and it is a war drama. The movie shows the hardship of young Estonian men, who were conscripted by both the Germans and the Red Army of the USSR during World War II. It showed that many Estonians killed each other, even though many of them had no true allegiance to either side, and that many were viewed as traitors by the other side.

The last film is a documentary entitled “The Singing Revolution,” which depicts the nonviolent protest of the Estonian people looking for independence in both 1986 and 1991.

Käspertommevisnapuu felt these films best showed his Estonian history and why he is so proud to be from there.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Alex Selich would choose some kind of a really boring and not well known movie just to see who is the first player to fall asleep during the movie. That person will then have to do everything what the players want for the upcoming road trip.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

If Alexis Metzler was selecting the movie, he'd probably make everyone watch The Godfather. All 3 parts. He'll want everyone on the team to adopt the same kind of attitude towards success as the Corleone family. Hockey is a zero sum game.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Hippo would treat everyone to a good old Swedish classic movie, Jönsonligan. The movie staring the three infamously wonky criminals are easy to relate to. Charles Invgar Jönsson is similar to Charles Walker, Dynamite Harry Carpet and and Monky D. Luffy as Vanheden, a small timer from stockholm! Smile

RETIRED

10-11-2019, 02:58 PMthiefofcheese Wrote: This is easy.  

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Not only is it hilarious - it's one of the most quotable movies ever.   Whether you want a good PG joke:   The weather outside is weather.    A PG-13 joke:   I just went from 6 to midnight or an R joke:  Off to find the mythical clitoris!.  There is something for everyone.

Top 5 underrated movies

Fully onboard with this as an underrated movie. It is also surprisingly good on the rewatch which makes it even more special in my opinion.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I will watch movie which inspired me to be fighter since I was young boy. Rocky IV is the depressing film of how a heroic figure of his country can be turned on by his country during his crowning moment simply due to the power of Sylvester Stallone. Seriously, all of the USSR and the Politburo cheer for an American, while in the USSR, who had just beaten their best athlete, at the height of the cold war. Movie is whack but I love it.

I’m going to select the film Superbad. An absolute classic that’s starting to age a bit. Definitely will be a hit among the younger users on the team

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Nadeau would force everyone to watch Ad Astra so he can catch up on some Z's as it will be a snooze fest

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]