Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb1rrSd3MFbngrj2iJKpc...a_9_pG09L8]

If your team was hosting a movie night and you got to pick the film, what are you choosing? Feel free to interpret this as (a) your player is choosing a movie for their SHL team to watch or (b) you, the user, is choosing a movie for your team LR to watch together. Write 25+ words about what movie you would choose and why you're picking that one. If you see someone picking a movie you feel strongly about (positively or negatively), toss 'em a reply and let 'em know. Bonus points if the movie is hockey-related!* *(no bonus points will actually be awarded if the movie is hockey-related)

All members who meet the criteria (min. 25 words, on topic) will receive 1 capped TPE. 8-10 users will be selected as Participation+ members for going above and beyond in this task; those users will be awarded an additional 1 uncapped TPE.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
Any posts with malicious intent will not be graded.
Deadline: Sunday, 10 PM ET

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I decided to watch the classic film Anchorman, as Ron Burgundy needs to slap some sense into the Wolfpack and remind them to never give up on their goals. If this alcoholic, womanizer of a man can make it big in news, then the Wolfpack can make the playoffs!

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Well this is pretty easy considering we actually had a movie night. We watched Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and I fell asleep about half way through because believe it or not watching movies with US people as someone from EU tends to result in a really awkward timing for you.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

We're watching Wimbledon (2004). Laugh if you want it, but it's a fucking great movie. Two names, Kirstin Dunst... Paul Bettany. If those two names alone aren't enough to get you to watch this movie, then you're no one I want to associate with.

Words: More than 25

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Easy answer, Miracle as it's one of the best sports movies of all-time and if you disagree I'll fight you. It's amazing in just about every facet of sports films and made all more impressive that the actors for the players aren't actors but actual hockey players

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Well if anchorage was going to watch a movie together it would have to be "The Girl on the Train". For some of us, this would bring back great memories of those late nights on trains with loved ones. While for others it would just be an enjoyable movie to watch with the gang.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 01:10 PM by hotdog.)

we're gonna watch American Beauty, one of the best movies of all time. it's about Kevin Spacey being attracted to an underage character, and then in real life it turns out Kevin Spacey is attracted to underage characters and it makes the movie a fairly bizarre experience to watch with that knowledge. so we're gonna have an important discussion about the potential values and difficulties of separating art from artist, and we're also gonna CANCEL his ass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

On tonight episode of why fhe tuck, the buffalo bros are gonna be watching the mighty ducks. It is a classic pump up movie as the gang can really come together from this Cinderella story. If the mighty ducks can win with that team in 92, then so can the buffabros.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

When I was a little kid I was pretty obsessed with the movie Starship Troopers. It's a cheesy, over the top, pro-fascist propaganda film on the surface but if you dig a little deeper it's a pretty solid meta commentary on how easily fascism can overtake a society and how appealing it can seem. When I was a kid, I picked up on none of that nuance. It was dudes killing bugs, and there were boobies. And Denise Richards. One year when I was a kid my family invited the neighbors over for Thanksgiving, and they had a girl about my age. She and I were bored while parents were talking and I suggested we watch my favorite movie, so about 10 minutes into the film when a dude gets ripped in half she started to cry... Maybe I should have warned her.

And, then, a Thanksgiving tradition was born. I watch the movie every year and, now, so does my Anchorage Armada team. Nothing builds team camaraderie like watching dudes squash bugs together and maybe a certain team captain jumping up on the couch and re-enacting several lines from the movie. YOU WANT SOME? WHAT, YOU WANTED THIS? Everybody fights, nobody quits.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

If Scholz were to select a movie to watch for Blizzard movie night it would have to be Goon. The perfect blend of comedy, hockey talk, and violence it's bound to hit a chord with anyone watching. It's always a good time and incredibly quotable so everyone will walk away with a bunch of new vocab for the locker room.

also, come live with me riley @SlashACM

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 01:33 PM by CementHands.)

Karl is watching the same classic film he watches before every game: Slapshot. This film expertly captures the essence of a Semi-Pro hockey franchise, the ups and downs of the regular season and a spotty owner **Melnyk Face**
It has an 84% critic rating and 89% audience on Rotten Tomatoes, so you know it's good, and in addition to being the best sports movie ever produced (come at me Airbud, I'll raise you MVP) it also is a metaphor for life. Don't ask me what it is, that's for your psychologist to figure out.

Buckle in rookies, I'm about to put on a film that will make you squint and wonder what kind of video format this is, and why does the TV have a Convex shape?

PSA - Pay no attention to Slapshot 2 or 3. They are hot garbage.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 01:34 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

I think the obvious choice for the Minnesota Chiefs would be to watch all 3 of the Mighty Ducks movies. The movies are set in Minneapolis and feature a team in green that no one expects to be great that goes on to win it all through the power of friendship.

We would also have the best movie snacks and drinks as is tradition for the Mayosota Chefs.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Picking a movie was an easy choice (and no, it doesn't always have to be a hockey movie). It had to be the classic "Airplane!", because it's a movie you can watch over and over again and it's still funny every time and pretty much everyone likes it. They don't really make movies like that anymore. And if we feel like it afterwards we'll watch part two as well.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

In both Vancouver and Hamilton, we will be watching the Pittsburgh Penguins: Stanley Cup 2017 Champions movie. I chose this for reasons obvious: the Pittsburgh Penguins are easily the best team in professional hockey and I just have to share the thrill of winning back-to-back cups with everyone!

Oh... no one showed up to my movie night... :(

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

We already know what movie is going on for the Carolina Kraken, @ImASurvivor's favorite, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. It stands for everything the Carolina LR believes in, and is a fantastic movie that all should watch. Any other suggestions are promptly shunned, and are considered anything but first.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa