Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs
Against:
I have a whole series of things to say to this one, but first of all it is nice to be considered the best at something. However, unacceptable to assume we will miss the playoffs. We may be out of a spot right this minute, but the Spooky Spectors are coming for the playoffs, mark my words.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 01:03 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

04-18-2020, 12:48 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
Code:
Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

FOR! This guy is one of the toughest dudes I have ever played against. He is so gritty along the boards and he just finds ways to make defensive plays. He is definitely one of those guys that you can count on to play hurt and give it his all every shift.

Against

I’m sorry fellas but we have to be serious now.. Izzy is 84 years old and he’s still on pace to lay the wood on 170+ people... The Augment and his 3,300 hits is the standard bearer of the brute forward.. the youngens will have to wait for Izzy to retire to take the torch. Cool

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 01:17 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

Absolutely not. You can keep overlooking the Blizzard all you want, but it always comes back to bite you in the behind. Edmonton is getting production from all over the lineup and the goalies are playing fantastic. Edmonton is going to take the West.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Code:
Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

Probably this one. Since this will just be a case of lucky wins rather than who can get quality wins and I believe that TB have more active players updating so the extra TPE might make a little difference if true. It's 50/50 though at this point but I think they will.

[54 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:

I played with Andy a hell of a lot in the Juniors and calling him tough is just about the exact opposite of the truth. He puts on the hard guy act, throws the body around and plays a physical game, the whole league respects that, but inside? He's the biggest softie you'll ever meet

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league.

FOR

Toronto's intentional tanking will finally be awarded properly with the very last spot in the standings. They have had some lucky wins lately, but I do not see them keeping that up.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Code:
Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup
FOR: I do not want to jinx us into not winning the 4-Star cup, but statistically and the way the team is playing they can be considered an easy choice. Now it is still anyone's to take and I would count your chickens before they hatch, mainly because I had to watch my Bolts, which were arguably deleting teams crumble and fall in the first round to a hot Wildcard team. I just don't want it to happen again, please lord not again...

Code:
Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP
FOR: Now don't get me wrong @JSS's player Flacko Lagerfield is having a hell of a season and congrats to him for sure, but with 4 games in hand and we saw at the beginning of the year how on fire Ola Wagstrom can be, I think he passes Lagerfield at the end of the season and @StamkosFan wins SHL MVP.

Code:
Code:
FOR: They both could easily not win another game this year unless they have to play each other and then one has too win right? But I think if they go head to head, which they do 3 more times and one being tomorrow, Tampa Bay will at least beat Toronto in two of the three, and with their already 5 point lead in points that should be enough to keep Tampa out of last and give the title to Toronto.

Code:

Code:
Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award
FOR: I believe that it will be very hard to dethrone Edward Williams, @Aephino, from the top of the points chart. I know @dankoa will definitely give him a run for his money because he does not want to give up his MVP title to his understudy. The student is becoming the master in this scenario though, and Williams should get it, mainly because they are on the same line and Kaarlo scores, good chance Williams was on it.

Code:

Code:
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs
AGAINST: I believe that the New Orleans Specters will make the playoffs and knock the San Francisco Pride out which would make them or Chicago Syndicate the best team this year to not make it. If this question for best to not make does not just include this year then last years New England would be the best team to not make the playoff and clearly are showing it this year standing near the top.

Code:

Code:
The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)
AGAINST: No. The player with the most assist is Slap McShotty with 35 assist, and with only 15 games more to go, he would have to go on a hell of a run to pass 60 assist. I do believe that this record could be broken in FHM but that will come when the league understands FHM better.

Code:

Code:
One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss
FOR: I believe that Texas could finish the year without a single OT Loss. This is because a lot, almost all of their games are heavily one sided, whether they win or lose. I think that New England might get at least one before the end of the season since there is still a lot of hockey left to be played!

Code:

Code:
The SMJHL's West is better than the East
FOR: I do think that the West is more diverse when it comes to all the teams. The East is very skewed because of Detroit is so far a head of everyone else. The playoff race in the West is gonna be a bloodbath and its anyone's to take, and the bottom 3 in the East don't measure up to a lot of the West.

Code:

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference
AGAINST: I believe that Edmonton Blizzard will over take the Los Angeles Panthers at the end of the year to be atop in the Western Conference. The race is tight and close but I feel like Edmonton is going to go on a run at the end of the season and pass Los Angeles, but maybe by only a point or two.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

04-18-2020, 01:17 PMLeafs4ever Wrote:
Code:

Absolutely not. You can keep overlooking the Blizzard all you want, but it always comes back to bite you in the behind. Edmonton is getting production from all over the lineup and the goalies are playing fantastic. Edmonton is going to take the West.

I agree that Los Angeles has no chance of sustaining their current unsustainable form and winning the West, but Edmonton isn't the only team with a shot. Calgary has been good this season, and even New Orleans and San Francisco have outside shots as well. No way the Panthers pull off a West regular season title, but Edmonton will have competition.

Armada Monarchs

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 02:12 PM by Clean Andrei Kostitsyn.)

04-18-2020, 01:02 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
04-18-2020, 12:48 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
Code:

FOR! This guy is one of the toughest dudes I have ever played against. He is so gritty along the boards and he just finds ways to make defensive plays. He is definitely one of those guys that you can count on to play hurt and give it his all every shift.

Against

I’m sorry fellas but we have to be serious now.. Izzy is 84 years old and he’s still on pace to lay the wood on 170+ people...  The Augment and his 3,300 hits is the standard bearer of the brute forward.. the youngens will have to wait for Izzy to retire to take the torch.  Cool

Against

Wow. no one mention the strongest player. Have Fake Andrei Docile or Izzy ever play after night out with Andrei ? Dont think so.

Have they every drop a giraffe down ?

Dont think so.

Have they ever drop a baboon down ?

Dont think so.

Have they ever make people fly ?

Dont think so.

That is right. If they not agree, they can try to hit me. They will see what happen.

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Code:

Against:

After being with Slip McScruff on the ice day in and day out, I think I would have to argue with anyone in the league that he isn't the toughest player in the league. Nothing against Andrej Doskocil personally but I can't go against my boy.

Code:
46 words

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

Hah, no way. We lost to the worst team in the league twice last week. Our goalie isn't worthy of an allstar spot. We've had an extremely easy schedule so far, and haven't faced any of the good teams yet. We refuse to make trades to strengthen ourselves, as the competition gets closer. Hell, at this rate we're lucky if we're even going to make it to the playoffs.

/sarcasm.

Ofcourse we're going to win that cup, you oafs. We owe it to Tig to show the SMJHL we buried this curse thing 10 foot under with STHS. We've been outshooting and outscoring and outcorsiing every single team in the league for over 25 games. And of all the games we lost, only one or two were actually close and not complete and utter random flukes. There's no way in hell any of the current teams can beat us in a best of seven, no matter how hard some people want you to believe they can and no matrer how much TPE they think they're going to be able to claim in the next weeks.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Detroit will win the four star cup this year. They have dominated the league and cannot he stopped. Of course if this sim engine is as bad as the old one we could also get bounced in the first round but we hope that is not the case. SKREE

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Code:
Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP
FOR: Undeniably yes. Part of Ola's dominance comes from the New England plan. They have been grinding and earning TPE and adding high earning players with team-first attitudes and lots of upside. With the engine switch and Wagstrom's high earnings, everyone expected an amazing show, and he has produced even further than advertised. In my opinion this is a lot more impressive than lucking into an engine liking your build. The only argument against Wagstrom is that his linemate's are also high earning and did a great job of setting him up.

Code:
Code:
AGAINST: Toronto is made up of young and hungry rookies who are continuing to earn and mold their players to improve. I have done zero research on Tampa Bay but the last time I checked, a few seasons ago, Tampa had been trading their new parts for ones with some "seasoning" and getting regressed inactives.

Code:
Code:
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs.
AGAINST: I'm iffy on the new playoff layout, but I don't think NOLA is going to be able to claw towards a wildcard spot. With some big roster moves and position changes, they have been unable to take advantage of a steaming hot Aleister Cain

Code:
Code:
A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award
AGAINST: Ivan Maximus is scoring at a veteran's pace and is miles ahead of the rookie competition. White Goodman and Luca Del Vecchio (thank you for the extra words) have had gritty rookie outings, but haven't dominated quite to the level that Ivan Maximus has. I see the Jesster (i think that's the trophy) going to Maximus.

Code:
Code:
The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)
AGAINST: I think Slap McShotty is going to get incredibly close, and perhaps tie Elias Armia's record. New England's lines have been very effective, and the +38 through 35 games is a nice feather in Ace and Hotdog's shared cap. Obviously his corsi and Fenwick are cool as well, but what this all really shows is that through the most competitive part of the season, his line has dominated and scored efficiently, with the setups coming through McShotty. As the trade deadline passes and teams transition into tank/see what sticks/game plans, the pace will increase a little, which should leave him in the high 50's. Conclusion: McShotty misses the record. Conclusion 2: Tokolosh gets pissed that he's not producing on a line with 2 snipers, one of which is top 5 on the site in TPE.

Code:
Code:
One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss
FOR: I'm surprised that New England has lost at all. Their team is built for 3 on 3 dominance (and also 5 on 5 dominance). I think they have the skaters to pull out every overtime game. The only iffy scenario is if a game goes to penalty shots.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I think Toronto will still finish at the bottom of the league. With 14 games remaining Tampa Bay has a 5 point lead which may not seem like a lot but both teams lose a lot and will probably be a hard gap for Toronto to close.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

For: The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference.

There's no reason to think this won't be true. The Panthers are playing best in the West right now - while only a point ahead of the Blizzard they also have better GF and GA numbers. Things are close enough that nothing is a sure bet, but if I had to I'd choose to put money on the Panthers winning the West in the regular season.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]