Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

For Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

At the end of the day, we all know that the 4 star cup belongs to the best team, and the best team is the Detroit Falcons. 58 points, 853 win percentage, by far the best offense and the best defense, it's not particularly close. Have we seen ridiculous upsets in the past? Of course, but I doubt one will happen when the team is this ridiculously dominant.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

I'm against this, naturally. Toronto has been playing better as the season goes on and we killed Tampa in our game against them. I think we have a good shot at ending the season ahead of Tampa Bay in the standings.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 11:05 PM by Lime.)

Detroit Wins 4 Star: FOR

Everyone knows they will. Detroit is no longer cursed by Simon T. They've only dropped 6 games on the season and there's no way they drop 4/7 in a series. They lead the league by 16 points and have a nasty goal differential of 88. Who is their competition? They've dunked on Anchorage and STL already. Detroit will reap the rewards of their stellar recent drafts. They hold the current MVP frontrunner in Edward Williams, latest number 1 SHL pick in Magnus Liljestrom, and a host of other household names. The entire Detroit team is at the top of the CF% list. It would take some kind of pandemic cutting the season short to stop the Falcons from screeching their way to the cup.

Wagstrom MVP: FOR

Stamkos fan has built a monster in Ola Wagstrom. Flacko Lagerfield may lead the points race with 55, but the Pack have 4 games in hand on the Hawks with Wagstrom comfortably exceeding a point per game pace. Not to mention Wagstrom is also 8 goals ahead of Lagerfield, and boasts 25 more +/-, 10 more shots blocked, and 1.5% higher Sh%. He's also leading New England to a dominant first FHM season.

Some may say Lagerfield has a worse supporting cast, but they forget Hamilton will hold 2nd once New England plays out their games. Phelps and Wilson sit right by their New England counterparts in total points, and I think they would slot in just fine next to Wagstrom.

Toronto worse than Tampa: FOR

The Bay has 5 points on Toronto and at this rate I don't even think the North Stars could get 5 more points total. Toronto has 4 less goals scored and almost 40 more against them. They aren't even in the same league. Detroit may be promoted after this season to take their place.

Unless...

Toronto has possibly the easiest schedule left in the SHL. They face the Platoon twice, Jets once, and Barracuda thrice. All teams they have beaten before. If they get a good two wins out of the Barracuda, and one or two more from those other teams, they could imaginably pull something off. The Cuda on the other hand only have 2 games against the Platoon to extend their lead if they drop games to Toronto.

Andrej Toughest: AGAINST

I think Slip McScruff takes the cake with only 22 less hits but 54 more shots blocked. He's doing it on only 28 PIM too so he's a lot smarter about it.

As has been mentioned in another post here, Mike Izzy deserves a mention for placing 6th in hits despite being like 94 years old.

Fewer than 425 TPE wins SMJHL MVP: FOR

Edward Williams is the clear frontrunner for the award, capped at 350 TPE in his second season. He plays on a stacked line in a stacked team, but he is the best of the best. He even beats out his 425 linemates. 50 points in 37 games in the J is unmistakeably MVP caliber. That includes a league-leading 20 goals. Not to mention an also league-leading 158 hits. His sh% is a whopping 18%. Williams is flat-out dangerous.

NOLA best team to miss playoffs: AGAINST

I believe that the Specters will overtake the Pride to squeeze into the playoffs. They currently sit tied in points at 41 but the purple and black have a game in hand. I had predicted the Specters to do better than they have so far this season, so I still think we will see that late push to hold off San Fransisco.

This will leave the Pride as the best team to win the playoffs, with the Chicago Syndicate as a comfortable second choice.

Goalie wins SHL ROTY: AGAINST

I predicted that Ivan Maximus would win ROTY, and I still find that more plausible than any rookie goalie. Any rookie in net as a starter is getting hammered in FHM. Skaters have more room for error, and Maximus is making none. He currently has 29 points - 11 of which are goals. This puts him ahead of many veterans and surely ahead of any expectations the young center had moving into the Texas roster.

Most assists this season = all time: AGAINST

Slap McShotty holds the lead with 35 or 1 assist per game. I don't see him significantly increasing that number and we should see around 50 assists from him this season, not eclipsing the record.

That being said, the Pack will get a run at the Dragons, Platoon, and Barracuda before the season ends - all teams they have previously put up 8 goals on. McShotty is more than capable of going in on those teams and coming out with a significant boost.

NEW or TEX finishes without OT loss: FOR

I think Texas is a bit of an anomaly, but New England is a hard team to beat, and if the game goes to OT you give them too many chances to win it. I think the Pack survive with no OT losses while the Rens pick up one or two in the final games.

SMJHL West is best: FOR

Before the Berserkers took a nosedive I would have disagreed, but I have little to say since. The Kraken and Timber have been basement dwelling for a while, and the Zerks seem keen to join them. That leaves Detroit and St. Louis, the latter of which only recently decided to become serious. The west appears far more consistent. While the boats are no birds, the bottom 3 teams in the east far exceed their counterparts in the west.

Points are tied at 193 for East and West, but Detroit is the only thing keeping the East in it.

LAP holds first in the West: FOR

While Edmonton is hot on their tail, I think the Panthers have an easier path to the top, but it rides on how they fair in the 2 head to head games against Edmonton that are left. But the Panthers have a better goal differential, and are riding a nice 8 game win streak.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Quote:Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup
For.

This seems like a given. They are deeper than any other team by a mile right now, and there's nothing the rest of us can do. Led by their unprecedented S52 draft class, plus tig and nour's behind-the-scenes FHM chicanery, I look forward to congratulating tig on his first Cup.

There's no Scottey Crawfling to mess things up this time. Colorado is on the other side of the bracket, sorry 'bout it.'

Short of active collusion by other GMs loading up a team like STL or ANC (which I'd never be party to), this is DET's to lose.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

For: Detroit slam dunked the last few drafts and now they are reaping the rewards. Frankly, Detroit should've won multiple cups over the last decade but they always got Simoned in the playoffs, but now I don't see why they wouldn't win in FHM.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Ola wagstrom will not win the MVP.

While having a plus 38 along with nearly a goal a game he plays on a first line featuring superstars slap mcshotty and dick Clapper who definatly take pressure away from Ola and help set up his highlight reel goals. This seasons mvp when all is said and done will be in my humble opinion Flacko Lagerfield who with less of a supporting cast has Hamilton in the driver seat in the east. This is by far Lagerfields best season his signature if you will on what's been a great career to this point the award is for MOST VALUABLE not highest scorer and no player is more VALUABLE than Mr Lagerfield. Mark my words Flacko for mvp

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

Against - there is no way anyone recognizes a goalie for rookie of the year. For one rookie goalies are gar-bage. Second the committee sorts by points and goalies score very few goals. Nice try, but no way

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

For - Two reasons: Dom is good friends with Olivier Cloutier and I just don't want to see TBB be at the bottom for this reason, but also since TBB was previously winning a lot, now is the time to not "win" things, so not winning the worst team in the league award would be fitting for this season. RIP TBB, v sad.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I'm FOR the arguments that Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league. It's no secret that Tampa Bay has been deep in the basement of the SHL for a while now but the sea dogs keep battling CHOMP!  Barracuda MCP is a god GM and ML has just been lucky that his team hasn't been in last place every year. I'm not biased in any way by the fact that Ulrik currently plays for Tampa Bay.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

Code:
A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

AGAINST

The rookie goalies this season are playing well for sure, but none of them are outstanding in my opinion compared to the skaters. I think that RoTY likely goes to a forward this season.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

For: I am for the Detroit Falcons winning the 4 star cup. Top to bottom they are the most impressive team. They absolutely destroyed the reddit draft that the SMJHL draft had. Their results are unparalleled in the league. Right now I don't see how they don't win. But its Detroit so they will probably find a way to mess up.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

I mean, Wagstroms case really makes itself, doesn't it? He has 53 points in just 35 games. 33 of those points are goals, which is the league leading tally. On top of that, 19 of those points are on the powerplay, he's shooting almost 15%, and he's also blocked 24 shots. I mean, the guy really is doing it at both ends of the ice which makes his game all the more impressive. It looks like Flacko Lagerfield may give Ola a run for his money, but I see Wagstrom's all-around game winning out in the end.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

For..

The guy is playing on roids atm, insane PP production, lots of goals. Everything is just clicking for Wagstrom at the moment.
His production might not be the best in the league at the moment but I believe he will kick it up a notch down the last couple game where as his counter parts will fall off.

RETIRED

Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

As much as I'm not fond to put another team from the Juniors over, it's likely that the proper answer is for, I'm afraid. Not like that's too much of a bad thing: if Anaheim won it every year, it wouldn't be really a competition, would it?

For. I don't really check the games all that often but I do remember ours against Toronto being pretty much a clean job. Their goalie works like hell though.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Code:
The SMJHL's West is better than the East

For. The western division contains the Anaheim Outlaws who, as we all know, are the greatest team in the SMJHL. Sure, Detroit is in the east and they are looking unstoppable, but everyone's sleeping on the defending champs. Also, the western division is just more balanced and stacked with talent overall. After Detroit there's a huge drop off in the talent in the east, which is probably making it easier to dominate. In conclusion: west is best.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)