Create Account

Major Announcement Regarding the SHL PT Cap

[Image: IMG_20200511_224958_01.jpg]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I like this

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Two great changes announced in one day. Bravo.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Any milestones reached above 4 should award shl bucks nstesd of tpe. That way there's still a point to have great individual season!

RETIRED

Out with the old cap, in with the new.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I've always missed out on TPE that couldn't be claimed because the cap was full. So now we're potentially just going to miss out of milestone TPE because of this. Well, I suppose I should like the change.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I like the change and it will definitely help simplify things going forward. Also a fan of the changes to milestone TPE with how FHM handles individual success compared to STHS.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: dYpSjIe.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16737844]

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

I really liked the cap personally, helped me to avoid burnout when my player got good enough to skip a lot of PTs and use milestones without falling behind in TPE.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 10:37 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I'm a bit surprised by this 42 TPE number. Even in seasons where I missed a couple of PTs or other tasks I would usually come pretty close or actually hit the PT-Cap of 40. Felt like way more TPE than that would have been available without it, closer to 50 probably.

And I agree with those people who liked the cap and think it would've been better to keep it, it basically allowed you to skip a PT or two over the season without falling behind, which is something that both very active players and casuals are interested in. And I think this has beome especially relevant in recent years with how splintered the system has become with WFT, Primetimes and other small tasks. These tasks are cool and I wouldn't do away with them, but they also make things more cluttered and the sheer quantity of tasks is much higher than it used to be (even if the workload is the same), which makes it much easier to miss one. And I think it also accelerates burnout if you have twice as much stuff to add to your update posts each season as you had in the past, even if the workload for the tasks themselves isn't higher. People would really welcome the oppotunity to skip out on a couple of these each season not because they are lazy but to make it feel less grind-ey.

05-18-2020, 10:30 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I'm a bit surprised by this 42 TPE number. Even in seasons where I missed a couple of PTs or other tasks I would usually come pretty close or actually hit the PT-Cap of 40. Felt like way more TPE than that would have been available without it, closer to 50 probably.

And I agree with those people who liked the cap and think it would've been better to keep it, it basically allowed you to skip a PT or two over the season without falling behind, which is something that both very active players and casuals are interested in. And I think this has beome especially relevant in recent years with how splintered the system has become with WFT, Primetimes and other small tasks. These tasks are cool and I wouldn't do away with them, but they also make things more cluttered and the sheer quantity of tasks is much higher than it used to be (even if the workload is the same), which makes it much easier to miss one. And I think it also accelerates burnout if you have twice as much stuff to add to your update posts each season as you had in the past, even if the workload for the tasks themselves isn't higher. People would really welcome the oppotunity to skip out on a couple of these each season not because they are lazy but to make it feel less grind-ey.

Just replying for the 42 number that includes all the tasks but not milestones so if you got a decent amount of milestones chances were you'd still hit the PT Cap.
Also ye I am myself someone who like the Cap just for the reason of being able to miss something here and there and not miss out on any TPE.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

05-18-2020, 10:30 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I'm a bit surprised by this 42 TPE number. Even in seasons where I missed a couple of PTs or other tasks I would usually come pretty close or actually hit the PT-Cap of 40. Felt like way more TPE than that would have been available without it, closer to 50 probably.

Ye as Tomen said, it was 42 available + milestones, so for most people the amount of capped TPE available wound up being more like 45 or so (even more for some). 

I think these are all valid points, though I think the benefits of getting rid of the cap outweigh them. A couple notes on minor changes that I think will help - those smaller tasks (primetime, WFT, 3on3) will now be posted earlier and thus be up for longer. This will allow people to check in once a week and knock out a bunch of these tasks at once (the google forms for primetime and 3on3 take like 30 seconds) as opposed to having to check back in multiple times a week for different tasks. You're right people will still have more links to add to their update, but I think this is a smaller concern than the one I just mentioned. 

Another point that hasn't been raised in this thread yet is that PBPs are gone - for this reason, I actually expect the gap between the absolute top earners and the tier right below to shrink, not grow. PBPs were many things (lol) and probably contributed more to max/non-max earning disparity than this new system will.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

the 42 tpe was just from point tasks, the rest of the capped tpe was from milestones. in my opinion there was no point in having a cap that only allowed you to miss 2 + however many tpe you get from milestones, especially since you get more milestone tpe if you are a better player. if your player has low tpe then your option was do every single task and still end up with the same amount of tpe as someone with higher tpe who could miss pts and still hit the cap. honestly would have just preferred milestones were removed completely.

remove milestones TBH

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]