Create Account

Major Announcement Regarding the SHL PT Cap

Hello and good evening SHL Community,

We've spent the last little while during the offseason debating the usage and necessity of the current SHL PT TPE Cap of 40 a season. We had a lot of dialogue with @hotdog over total TPE from earned through PTs the last few seasons and found that while the PT Cap was 40, the baseline TPE earnable from all the seasonal tasks rounded out around 42. Talking this over and getting a lot of opinions from a lot of different people, it became apparent to a majority of us that the PT Cap was more trouble than its worth for the minimal amount of TPE that's lost from hitting the cap. Because of this, we'll be implementing the following changes beginning with all S54 PT Tasks and earnable TPE.

- SHL's PT Cap, and capped TPE as a task reward, beginning in a player's second season is being abolished, players will no longer be required to include their seasonal capped TPE earned in their update threads.

- Seasonal Point Task like Weekly PTs, 3on3, Primetime and Weekend Funtime will now award participation TPE for participating, and in the event of the latter three task types, bonus TPE will also be awarded as normal. Every season will have ~42 TPE available in participation TPE for completing tasks, with that total not including the bonus TPE.

- Milestone TPE at the end of every season will be capped at 4 TPE earnable to ensure that the gap between top players and younger and still-building players doesn't become too wide.

Big shoutout to @hotdog again for the all the work he put in for this, it wasn't an easy decision but he was ready and available with all the data we needed to feel safe in making this call.

Abridged version: SHL PT Cap is no more.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

FUCK YOU PT CAP I PISS ON YOUR GRAVE

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

goodbye cap you were naught but a thorn in my side and I shan’t miss you.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I but liked the TPE Cap

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Pt cap gone. I am so happy I can get rewarded for all of my hard work on pts next season. Great change for the league.

WE DID IT REDDIT

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Big fan of these changes but uh did my invitation to the talks get lost in the mail haha...you send it to the wrong address or something nour...lol

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

05-11-2020, 09:53 PMluketd Wrote: I but liked the TPE Cap
You butt licked the PT cap??

05-11-2020, 09:54 PMPooPooFinn Wrote:
05-11-2020, 09:53 PMluketd Wrote: I but liked the TPE Cap
You butt licked the PT cap??

I liked it because it allowed you to skip a couple without being worried about being behind in TPE

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

FINALLY

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Might as well just remove milestones entirely

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

05-11-2020, 09:56 PMluketd Wrote:
05-11-2020, 09:54 PMPooPooFinn Wrote: You butt licked the PT cap??

I liked it because it allowed you to skip a couple without being worried about being behind in TPE
GRIND DON’T STOP

05-11-2020, 09:57 PMZombiewolf Wrote: Might as well just remove milestones entirely

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

It has been memed into existence

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

So what happens with the current capped TPE? Do we get to claim stuff above the cap, or this only applies to S54 and onwards?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]