Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

I would have to assume that the Blizzard have the best home field advantage because the rest of us are just not well suited to playing in such terrible weather conditions. It should be illegal to allow Blizzards inside arenas dang it!

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I would say the Newfoundland Berserkers have the most significant home ice advantage. Firstly, they are located very far away from most teams not Maine or Quebec City. Newfoundlanders tend to be loud and can become party animals which makes for loud arenas. The second advantage is their wonderful new goal horn which plays Jaja Ding Dong which is a well loved song by some but hated by others. Some may call it annoying and some teams in the league get frustrated by it.

Code:
84 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Toronto duh... with drake always at the games it just gives the players a big advantage. Being able to have him perform pre-game concerts in the locker room gets the boys extra hype.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

The Stampede have the best home ice advantage in the SHL. The Bills Mafia from the NFL always shows up jacked up for hockey games so the opposing team always gets distracted by watching a Tables Ladders and Chairs wrestling match go on in the stands while the rest of the Stampede team is used to focusing on the ice.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The best home ice advantage is for sure teh Hamilton Steelhawks. It is not jsut because Hamilton sucks and no one wants to go there to play, but secretly the team put the air duct for the away LR rught under @Gwdjohnson s locker, so all of teh air that goes into that LR has to first go by Gabes smelly feet. This is bad news for anyone except for the mighty @hotdog who loves that smell.

The Colorado Raptors have the best home ice advantage as all these visiting players take advantage of the devils lettuce being legal and get absolutely torched.

Falcons Canada

I think the SMJHL team with the greatest Home Ice Advantage has to be Anaheim. Other teams be frustrated by all the traffic on the way to the game, leading them to have anger issues and take more penalties at the Outlaw Saloon. Not only this but Anaheim's mascot Outlungus is an ever present force within the arena, watching all. The opposing team won't be able to focus as they catch glimpses of Outlungus in the corner of the vision. While Outlungus is a calming presence to the home team and fans, the visitors will never truly be able to shake the feeling of the chonky boi staring into their souls as they play the game. He will also torment the visiting team by eating nachos right next to their bench, but refusing to share any with them.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Baltimore has a pretty solid home ice advantage. The city is so dangerous that if the team loses, everyone gets attacked. Home team, oponents, referees, league officials.... no one is safe. Better let the Platoon win.

(jk Baltimore residents. issa yoke)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 12:20 AM by KlusteR.)

Okay, so hear me out. There is no place more intimidating to face away from home than the den of the Newfoundland Berserkers.

You have the name. Menacing, bloodthirsty, will leave you on your knees with churches burning in the background and a grin on their bloodied teeth.

You have the players. Reigning TRUE MVP Ryuuji Minamino leading the team with Steve Harrington, Patric Twist, Andrei Kostitsyn, the Double Trouble Matty Centers leading the charge offensively... The old grizzled third line of Mattias Birdstrom, Guy LeGrande and sophomore Liam Slate adding a dash of beauty to their rugged play... And on the 4th line, sexyness incarnate in the hair of Lassi Suhonen, a charismatic and youthful Slav in Vaseline Podcalzone, and an absolute bull in Niccolo Livius. And on the back end? "Big Toast" Jack Klompus, PBJ "Soupy" Soupcan and Tinke "Snu" Jutila will annihilate you before you can even get to the absolute stonewall that is Cale Amundsen. And that's not even counting the sophomores and rookie that complete the D corps - the dashingly sly Renji Atake, the consistant Swiss Clock that is Elias Kierkegaard, and the Swedish sensational youngster, Jonas Kahnwald.

You have the goal horn. An audacious, yet devilishly crafted hymn to both procreation, and the time-honored animated classic, The Simpsons. I see nothing but beauty in every note of the now-fabled "HA! HA! DING DONG" that emanates in St. John's Harbor every time the opposing team fails to contain the absolute Drakkar-full of talented players.

This team is intimidating, both on and off the ice... Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be, and something to listen to.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I mean if you're going for the biggest home ice advantage, it's probably gonna be the blizzard given their team is entirely revolved around snow and ice. Gotta think they have something up their sleeve there.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

The Calgary Dragons arguably have the strongest home ice advantage. An ancient team history filled with success and accolades, one of the few teams in the league with consistent ownership and personnel, as well as being a hockey-mad Canadian city. It's likely a tough arena to play in.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I don't think any team has a big home ice advantage. It really comes down to who has the hottest goalie, and who has the best team chemistry. You got a team that plays well together and really clicks, the other team is fucked.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 08:32 PM by tweedledunn.)

The SHL team that has the most significant Home Ice Advantage is The San Francisco Pride because this fortune cookie I'm eating told me so and fortune cookies were invented here in the great Fog City.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

It's gotta be Edmonton. Some smart architectural choices in the visiting team's locker room make it the best place for home ice advantage. Edmonton fans are great, so there's no need to worry about sabotaging that. But making the away team feel uncomfortable in their locker room is one way to keep an edge in a game.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

So I'll give two:

In the SMJHL, Colorado has the best home ice advantage due to the altitude in Denver. At a mile high, the Raptors players are accustomed to having less air flow and can still work within that, but their opponents are so quickly moving from one city to another that they have no time to adjust and will be exhausted by the third period.

In the SHL, I have always believed in a major home ice advantage for Edmonton. I don't know the specific reason, it may be the distance traveled to get to the city thus meaning players get less sleep, it may also be the weather in the city as it's known to be colder and could lead players to be a bit more uncomfortable throughout their day, it may be that the team continues the tradition of having one player take a nasty shit in the opposing locker room from back in the teen seasons that we had continued to the S30s at minimum. Whatever it may be, Edmonton has a hell of a home ice advantage.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE