Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

In the off season Daniel Smeb returned to his former high school to give a speech.to the many young youthful hoping to become as successful as him whether it be at hockey, esports or just life in general. Originally all the Smebs were scheduled to come help with the speech and presentation but for various reasons differing for all of them they all couldn't come in the end but that was ok since Daniel Smeb was really the only one people came to listen to anyways. Daniel Smeb started the speech off telling the students about his long journey to the SHL and then told them that if they work hard enough and believe enough they can do anything they want even if they aren't very talented, he highlighted many of his fellow Smeb brothers as examples of this and also warned them about the consequences of getting lazy like Kit Smeb, he also encouraged them all to help each other other and even carry their friends like he does with his brother Parker Smeb

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Returning to his high school which he recently graduated from before being drafted and heading to America to play professional hockey. Adrik Baranov gives a passionate speech is about never assuming that you’re entitled to anything and to always try your hardest, even if you don’t think you really need too. “Hard work is always key” He tells the kids how arrogant and entitled he was growing up and playing hockey. How because he comes from one of Russia’s ‘hockey families’ that he never had to try very hard. That he was always entitled to being the best of everything regardless of if someone else on the team worked harder for it and how this high opinion of what he was entitled too changed as he watched player after player being promoted a head of him on the teams he was on. He says all eloquently, happy to be speaking in his native Russian rather than stumbling through English words like he does when he’s back with his team in America.

171 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Simon Takshak is a mf bum. Simon Takshak has no idea why he was invited back to his high school, but he was never the type to turn down an invitation. His agent said it would be good.

Simon talked mostly about work. Hard work, he said, is key. He wouldnt know because he is very lazy much like me but he could talk about it anyway. Simon talked about his l9ng journey to the SMJHL and his plans for the SHL in hamilton, and how people seemed to consistently group him with his father, noted Manhattan rage defense man.

Simon also talked about personal growth and how important it is, trying to help build the young students as people as well, talkin about how he was, of course, more than an athlete.

the q and a at the end revolved mostly around, of course, the shl players simon knew. simon declined to answer what he thought about gabriel johnson.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

I’m not much on speeches to be honest but since the town asked, I supposed I have to deliver. I will just talk about not giving up. I was drafted 51st overall and labeled a bust. Virtually everyone had written me off except one team, but all you need is one team to take a chance on you. The same is true in life. You just need one shot. What you do with that is up to you. But you have to work with the cards you are dealt. We can’t all be born on third base. It’s not where you start but where you finish. I went from being called a bust to one of the biggest steals in the last several seasons. It’s good to be able to see where I was, and where my team was, when we started this journey, to where we are now. I like to think I contributed. So basically, I’d encourage everyone to just focus on what you have and where you want to go, rather than complain about what you don’t have.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Ange isn’t too well known as a massive hockey town, it is a smallish industrial town at a railway junction with around 3000 residents. The town has recently gotten more recognition due to the amazing career trajectory of one Elias Pettersson, and Rikard Hammarberg. Winning the SMJHL championship in his rookie season, and exploding in his third season, reaching the finals once again and earning MVP accolades along the way, Hammarberg was invited back to his high school during the offseason. Never an eloquent speaker, Rikard talked about his preparation and the work he put in to be where he is today, and encouraged the students that to pursue their passions and to put their efforts into their passions to achieve their dreams.

Taking questions from the crowd, Rikard was surprised by the amount of questions regarding his training routine. Sparing no detail, he discussed the deficiencies in how he trained, always putting emphasis on his offence, and neglecting the defensive side of the game. Rikard has come a long way in his defensive game and was able to impart knowledge to the next generation.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

Hi, I am Austin Roenick and I am a professional hockey player who plays for the Manhattan Rage. I am a champion and one of the best goal scorers in the league. But more importantly, I am working something I dream of and dreams can come true. When I was a kid, I was bullied and I used to get kicked in the balls and my hair get pulled and my ass get bummed. So I was pretty much a sex toy back in the day but now I am higher than those bitches. I am bigger and better and richer and more relevant than those pussy holes. So I say this, you may start at the bottom but you work your way up and you will be something your bitches wish to become.

So I come here to say, do not get size and bullies to stop you from being what you want to be. Because you can get passed and accomplish something so rare. Like how I did and now I am making money and am rich boi.

[Image: giphy.gif]

NSFL PT

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Hello Kids,

I am here today to talk to you guys about hockey. My name is First-Name Last-Name and I play hockey for the Toronto North Stars. I was once a little kid just like you guys playing out on the playground here back in the day. I love this school and I have lots of fond memories of my time here. I hope you guys are having fun and making memories also all while learning duh. No matter what sport you play just give it your all and have fun. As long as you are enjoying what you are doing, don't worry about what anyone else thinks... it doesn't matter kids. This season isn't going how we'd like it to, but the boys are keeping their heads up and trying to get better. You see, you may not win all the games but if you're getting better and working on your game, you are always going to have a better chance to win the next one.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 07:55 AM by asts.)

I am not one of the best players in the league but if I would give a speech I would talk more about my childhood and how I made it this far. I would talk about hard trainings in mornings and evenings. Plus, I would visit my primary school at Helsinki and if I would have time then go to my university at Tampere as well.

I think it would be interesting conversation with smallest new athletes. Of course they aren't that old to understand everything so that would be more my time to make them interested. I would tell jokes and maybe show some tricks with my hockey stick and puck. I would answer to their questions as well if they have some.

I would give few of these kids my SMJHL, SHL and WJC jerseys with my autograph. I think that would be pretty cool as well. Who knows? Maybe out there in the audience are one or two kids who will be some big hockey players in the future. I know that they might be talented. In the end I would wish them best, eat dinner together in school cafeteria and then would go back to Colorado where I still play.

204 words

[Image: QqjQFxx.png]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

The great and magnificently successful Erben Kasius is called up on stage in front of youths in his Dutch homeland. He has planned a truly, truly inspiring and impressive speech, one that would be certain to move those in the audience to become the next legislators, doctors, teachers, maybe even a professional athlete or two. The content of the speech is completely perfect in every way, with the power to make a tangible impact on the future of anyone who hears the words properly orated. A local figure provides a speech of their own and introduces Kasius, the famed defenseman and SHL first-round pick who is well known in the area. The introduction is made... "Please welcome, from the St. Louis Scarecrows, Erben Kasius!" The crowd goes wild. They can't believe it. Kasius takes the podium, poised and ready to deliver the speech of a lifetime. He mispronounces his own name. The children deride him. The speech is dead.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

The speech is always very important. Sometimes, it has less to do with the physical skills one brings to a hockey team and more about the intangibles. A leader being able to strike some inspiration into his or her teammates is exactly what defines leadership in a locker room. From experience, berating teammates for poor performance is not the best way to motivate. Still, frustrated leaders who are in over their heads will resort to this tactic. I differentiate between speeches and berating. Speeches will inspire the team to do better. It will call for character that is deep down inside of every player. A well structured speech is sometimes enough to initiate a much needed comeback. Coaches will need to be able to do this, but also the captains of the team. This is why the captain of the team is not always the most skilled player of the team. Rather, it is the player with the best ability to lead during adversity and bring out the best of his or her team and/or the local school audience.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

It's no secret that Great Britain's recent success in the IIHF's tournaments have been huge boons for the ice hockey community back home in the UK. Coming off another strong silver medal run a bunch of us decided to back home during the break and tour our old schools, giving speeches and all that. Guy had been traded out from New England a month or so earlier and I knew this would be the last time in a real I'd get to spend any real time with him. My whole career in North American hockey has been at his side and for the first in years this was the last I'd be training with him all season. Without a doubt that would throw me off my whole "inspirational speech" gimmick but at the end of the day we're here to do a job, and that's get kids into hockey programs. I just hope none of those fan fic types are here, no doubt they'll give us a hard time.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Martijn went back to the Netherlands to speak about hockey. Although no one in the country cares much about the game as they're far more confirmed with BPM and how tight the hi-hats are, he still drew a solid crowd on the heels of a near historic season last year. What pieces of advice did he have to offer them? Just a bunch of good ol' hockey-isms. Work hard, be the last guy on the ice, be the hardest working dog on the ice, it's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog. He laced in so many hockey-isms that a number of parents approached him after.

They wanted refunds because they could've tuned into a post-game hockey night in Canada interview and received the same insight. but Martijn stands by what he said, those hockey-isms alone got him to where he was today. Never stop saying them. Repeat it loud.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Hubert Andrews headed back home to Waterville Maine this week to meet with the town’s youth. The town has a rich history, especially in the 70s and 80s where a series of mysterious events centered on a summer camp outside of town led generations of locals to live in fear of the government and the world outside their small town. As Andrews sat down with the town’s youth he aimed to share insights he had gained throughout his travels across the country. Theses kids looked up at him in awe as he recalled his initial experiences in the big city and the lessons he learned, like the gum on the sidewalk is not free candy, and the pigeons on the street are free to take home if you can catch them. Andrews went on to explain that catching the pigeons was not very difficult and is a great place to start before moving on to larger fowl like swans and geese that have given him trouble in the past. The kids were enthralled by these stories, especially since most of them were led to believe that all birds were actually government drones and or familiars. These kids left with a new perspective that would have not been possible without Andrews getting a shot in the pros.

[Image: 89WAYjC.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 11:02 AM by mastersheep.)

It’s time for the students to go back to school at Ethan Duncan’s alma mater, the University of North Dakota, and the leadership invited him to give a little speech.  Duncan is not the greatest speaker in the world, but he will be talking a bit about the struggle to go from a small town in rural Virginia all the way to be a part of something special brewing on the Baltimore Platoon.  He is hopeful that he can be convincing enough to the crowd and that they aren’t incredibly bored by his speech.

The day came and Duncan began his speech in front of a moderately sized audience with his newly acquired gold medal from the World Junior Championships hanging from his neck.  He decided to discuss how hard work and the right attitude has really paid off for him personally and that it’s something to strive for in daily life.  Whether you want to become an athlete, a musician, or even a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, he believes it is important to study as practice makes perfect for your career, have achievable goals that you set for yourself and when you reach them acknowledge them for yourself.  He hopes that everyone out there in that crowd is successful and gives it their all after listening to his speech.

(222 words)

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]