Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

Clearly Edmonton has the best home-ice advantage. They just put a hole inside the visitors dressing room that exits outside to the cold Edmonton air. Their opponents can't sweat too much or their equipment will literally freeze to their body.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 07:35 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Which SHL or SMJHL team has the most significant Home Ice Advantage? Feel free to try and use stats from this season or the history of the league if you want to find the real answer; also feel free to make something up based on things like local fan base, in-arena ice and entertainment, goal songs, GM mischief, etc.

Winnipeg has the most significant home ice advantage. Why? Because it’s sponsored by the famed ACME corp. First, the water bottles on the visiting team’s bench are actually all explosive decoys. There’s a cartoon mouse that runs back and forth on the floor of the bench, tying players’ skates together. The opposing team’s players sometimes find themselves flattened like an accordion by anvils falling from the arena’s ceiling. And finally, the exit from the dressing room is painted on to a solid wall, so every time the visitors try to head back to the ice, they all comically hit their heads on solid brick.

It should be noted that this all started happening after the Jets’ partnership with the Looney Tunes began. Head Office officials are currently investigating reports of a short man claiming to be from Mars. ■

[137 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

The bustling and legendary night life of New Orleans has created many a hangover and ruined many players games in the SHL. It has led to them being wildly successful at home, and the controversial video series 'SHLers gone wild'

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Maine definitely has home ice advantage. With nothing else to do, the opposing teams are just sitting around getting drunk waiting for the game to start. Being already in Maine, they players are already used to playing drunk. Advantage, Maine.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Colorado has the best Home Ice advantage not only due to the raucous fan-base, but the fact that its located in a high elevation spot, where visiting young hockey players are unlikely to be conditioned for, making them wear down quicker during a game.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Oh I think New England definitely has the best home ice advantage. Have you ever met a Boston sports fan? They're hardcore and not very nice to their own team, much less the opposing players. The dudes are straight brutal, and this is coming from a New York sports fan. The fans give their players the motivation they need by not being very nice. I guess it works.

[Image: danglechek.png]

Buffalo stampede home ice advantage is probably the best in the league. We have so many fans and so much good food around the stadium that there is no way our opponents come in fully focused

That's deffinetly hamilton. Their fans are incredible and always blow me away how loud they are. Insane athmosphere to play in. Must be nice to play infornt of such a loud crowd.

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

I’d say Winnipeg has the best home ice advantage. Who the fuck wants to go to Winnipeg? Its cold as fuck there. I’m all set.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Largest home ice advantage in the SMJHL would have to go to Anchorage. It's the furthest away and the longer a team spends on a plane the longer they're not resting or practicing on the ground. In turn, this is also why Anchorage is terrible sometimes.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

Even though it might not seem like it right now, I think Nevada has a pretty good home ice advantage. Everyone has heard of the Vegas flu, and once they get past the expansion growing pains I think they’ll be able to take advantage of all the people who come into town the day before and party too hard before their game.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I feel like if anyone has home ice advantage, the Calgary Dragons have to be up there. Time and time again over SHL history they have stormed back in games, and won some huge ones in OT in the playoffs at home.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

I think Edmonton or Winnipeg have the biggest home ice advantage. Through most of the season it's anywhere from -20C to -40C (that's actually the same as -40F). These temperatures are a huge annoyance to people that live in it regularly, and even more so to people not climatised to it.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

the buffalo stampede we have the most home advantages because we are really good and have so many fans who shout things into the air and make the other team's goalie play terrible because they call him sieve all game long and throw potato at him.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Manhattan is a team that has one of the best home ice advantage in the league. Madison Square Garden is one of the most historic arenas in the world, and the Rage benefit from that. Winning the Cup at home certainly helped develop the atmosphere as well.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52