Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 07:48 PM by thevoicelesscreator.)

Code:
There will be no major scandals during the season

There will be no major scan… I can’t even finish the sentence! For some reason, Sim Leagues have drama every season. I don’t hate it, it’s part of the fun – for the most part. Scandals are part and parcel in a system where none of it really matters. This is a Simulated hockey league, in the scale of world importance, none of this really matters, does it?

Code:
67 Words

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Code:
Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals

Lol nope. That is really all to say. But I guess I have to really say why and that's because they both may of lost some to the expansion teams, but Buffalo was so deep that it really isn't going to hurt them so much. As for Hamilton, they lost a few guys but then went and acquired one of the top scorers/ point getter from last season, so they may have even got stronger.

Monarchs (75 words) Monarchs

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

With 12 teams now making the playoffs I think the expansions teams have a decent shot at making the playoffs though I wouldn’t say either of them are cup favorites. However, both teams have solid pieces that should allow them to get a decent amount of wins and allowing them to compete with the teams in their divisions.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Code:
The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

Wrong. Calgary and Edmonton still both have the top roster in their division and from what FHM has shown us in the last few seasons, it's that upset rarely happen and it's even less likely than two teams will drop in the standings.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

I have to agree with this one. The Pride have lost most of their most talented players and are in the beginning of a complete rebuild, Tampa Bay should be ready to take a step forward and surpass San Francisco in this seasons standings. 

The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

This is not going to happen. Nevada was dead last last season in the standings. They are an expansion team who begins their second season in SMJHL. If there are an expansion team who wins the Four Star Cup, I would prefer to put my money on Quebec City who were at least 10th in the standings last season and even won one playoff series as an underdog. They also started pre-season with two wins. Nevada scored only 102 goals last season and conceded 210 so their differential was -108. The winner of 4 star cup was Newfoundland whose differential was +80 in regular season. The variance is 180 goals and you just can't catch that kind of difference during one season.

Words: 153

[Image: salming.png]

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy

At this point, I'll disagree with this and think that Buffalo will win the President's Trophy. Not that I'm going out on a limb with a team that won 80 Points last season. Just a gut feeling that they'll not have a drop off this year. However, I will confidently predict that Buffalo will have at least one loss in Overtime this season.

Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

This is not bold at all. Tampa Bay is a great organization lead by excellent general managers and has without a doubt one of the most mediocre star defenders in the league to carry them to greatness in Jakob Hamr. Not only will San Francisco have a worse record than Tampa Bay but I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 teams have worse total records. You can only be on the bottom for so long, right guys? Guys?

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

I'm calling this one as wrong simply because of the randomness that is/was the new SMJHL playoff format. There's no way any one team is that above-and-beyond everyone else. A number of teams improved during the draft, and the rookies that we saw score 20+ with limited time (there's at least one on most of the teams) are at or close to the 350 cap. I'm predicting a much more competitive season from top to bottom and a new champion - maybe the Outlaws?

Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

This couldn't be more wrong, hotdog built a great team not only through the draft but through trades and free agency. I expect this to pay off immediately as Atlanta should be a contender straight from the jump.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals

It's hardly bold when you are picking two teams in a 18 teams league. Even if they're powerhouses there's a bigger chance they don't make it to the finals than they do.

This is the dumbest thing I ever wrote but it's over 25 words.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Code:
Someone from the S53 draft class will win rookie of the year

you know it, and you know who it is going to be, it is going to be my boy SVEN SVENSON, an unstoppable force of rookie powerfulness the likes of which the shl has never seen

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference

Correct. This is a team that is continually taking steps forward. Where other teams are taking lateral steps just to stay competitive, or steps backwards, Texas has been and will continue to move forward. Their core is still very talented, and the young players coming up are all active, and good earners. This will be the team to beat.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Code:
There will be no major scandals during the season

Now this is an extremely bold claim. Knowing the fact that this is the SHL, and people can be very flawed, there's probably about a 99% chance that there's a major scandal this year. From what I know about the league, there's been a scandal or two just about every season. Somebody's going to find out some trickery in order to mess up the FHM simulating, whether it be some screwy thing with tactics or another player role exploit. It's just going to end up in heavier regulations on the simulation and limiting GM's options on what they can do with their rosters and lineups.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Neither expansion team will make the playoffs:

I disagree with this one, since I think the Seattle Argonauts have made some really good moves that ought to make it possible for them to compete for one of the spots. I think they will surprise people and do well!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]