Create Account

S58 mPT #3 What Does SHL Stand For?

For a little bakcstory - Latvia is hella homophobic, so this would work perfectly between some of the ""intelectual" individuals.

SHL of course stands for She-He-Love. How can you even think differently. If your homophobic aunt starts pressuring you for answering 101 question about your dating life, just say that you are in this new app SHL and she might even start calling you her favourite relative.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I would say in that kind of situation that SHL means Swedish Hockey League and I am a huge fan of it and follow it closely every day, month and week. That would be my idea.

[Image: salming.png]

I would probably say "Oh err...It is this completely boring thing for a Sheffield Hangout Location, just called SHL for short boss but it is for after covid times, y'know!"

Sheffield is a Yorkshire City I'm about 3-ish hours away from and 1 of the bigger cities in England so I reckon he'd believe me. Dunno how I would get away with SCFSL though :S

[70 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Nah, it is the other way around, I have no problem trying to explain SHL to my wife yet he gets so bored and confused half way through first sentense. And everyone knows SHL stands for Svenska hockeyligan.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

See that is where you went wrong on the prompt, you never talk about the SHL. Remember the first rule of the SHL. You just don't talk about it. There is no way out and no one would believe you. Your live would be in shambles if you ever said it out loud. My wife at first didn't like the concept either, but she gave it a shot and did enjoy it in the end. But we really do not talk about it anymore :p

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

What do I tell people when they ask me what the SHL stands for? I tell them two things. 1. It's the Simulation Hockey League. 2. Yes, my wife knows about it.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

SHL obviously stands for Sarcastic Heroes of Leningrad, a comedy club that was based in Leningrad, Soviet Union during the late 80s. It was meant to lift up those spirits that were gutted by communism. The club was taken as an immediate threat to Soviet Russia and it was disbanded during communism's later days in 1990. The backlash that Gorbachev, the leader during the time, got for disbanding the comedy club was one of the reasons there are no more Soviet Russia.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

If my parents asked what is this SHL that I spend hours and hours in a day about. I would have to tell them a lie. Maybe something like Stimulating Health Lessons. I will tell them that I am trying to lose weight and stay healthy so this forum has guidelines on helping as achieve that by putting us in teams and having a coach mentor us.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

This league stands for everything I can not be as a gifted hockey player. Sorry parents - this is kind of your fault. You didn't gift me with the proper genes and now I am seeking alternative means to accomplish my goals.

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

There has been multiple occasions where I've had SHL up on a tab and didn't want whoever was looking over my shoulder at work to see that I was on it. I would tell them SHL is short for Stop Hassling Lemurs and that I am donating to help save lemurs around the world. Can't get mad at that.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

The SHL is the premiere forum for Sin Hating Lutherans. Me and all my other Lutheran friends get on here and talk about all the sins that we really hate and how we like to not do them.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

SHL = Sandwiches Having Lots

Anytime anyone sees me on SHL and asks about it I tell them it's a support forum for people who eat too many sandwiches. Havings lots of sandwiches can sometimes negatively effect your life and is a real addiction. It's good we have support communities for this.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 01:05 PM by karlssens.)

Oh boy. There are very few people who I've explained to what the SHL actually is. Not so much a shame thing, but just to avoid the "but why..." face they give me after I take like 5 minutes to explain it. To avoid that I just say the SHL is the name of the really hardcore fantasy hockey pool I'm in. Named after the dude that hosts it, Simon. We do fantasy drafts year round haha.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Oh you have to check out this website, it's the BEST! Sloths Hanging Lazily is as simple as it sounds. There is a sloth. He is hanging. Lazily. It's all pretty cut and dry, just a big fan of things hanging in trees. You should check out these related websites! My other recommendations would be Sausages Hovering Loftily (it's not what it sounds like), and Spaghetti Hunting Lasso. The last one isn't really related to things hanging in trees, but it's an eye-opening look into what a spaghetti noodle is capable of!

oh god I should've just told them the truth

Well, I was told that the best way to explain it to my girlfriend would be to say its like dnd but for hockey, so that is what it is to her. Otherwise known as my "stupid hockey league" SHL. lol

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]