Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch

This offseason the Texas Renegades are looking to find a replacement for 1st line left winger Karlo Kekkonen. Karlo will leave us and join the newly founded SHL team in Montreal.
So, what do you get: A lot of quality ice time, because he was the 1st line winger with a lot of minutes playing time. He also played on our power play and some times on the penalty killing line. With Kvalheim and Wachter on the line you would have two of the best players of the league next to you and you got the chance to get a personal record in goals or points if you do well. And one of the most powerful things we have, is that we are a powerhouse now and are just opening our championship window. So, in Texas you have the chance to win a few cups in the next years. No worry about making the playoffs like you would have in the great lake division. Only thing I don’t know, is how much money you would get here.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I am going to caveat this whole thing first by saying I absolutely despise this as a PT prompt because its so borderline to tampering especially for GMs. I would say Los Angeles is a good spot for players simply because of our locker room. We have put together a family more than a group of friends and I absolutely love being able to talk in there with everyone every day rather about the league, real sports, or just their day to day goings. We have a group of people who love to be together and all work hard to be able to be the best even if I or Fuzz can not get the lines right from time to time. But we also work hard to make sure the team can be in a good spot going forward as well as making the team a welcoming and fun place to want to be for everyone involved whether it be free agents or just people looking to hang out and be friends.

172 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Seattle is often ranked as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States and for good reason. Every always characterizes Seattle as a rainy city, which isn't necessarily false but the winters are MUCH easier to handle. I personally would much rather a little extra rain to avoid horrible snowfall. Seattle is also ranked #1 in public transit which might seem like something that won't matter to most people but it's a nice bonus. Especially if you've experienced bad public transit. The city is also filled with different entertainment options etc... which you'd expect from a big city. The best part of Seattle though is without a doubt the fact that it's a ferry ride to Victoria, British Columbia. You want to talk about a beautiful city? Victoria is just that. Green everywhere, a city that visually looks taken care of which isn't something you see in for example Ontario. Essentially no snow all year, and no humidity kicking your ass in the summer. Just the perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold.

Falcons Canada

First, on the city of Toronto. As a large city that is home to more than 2 million inhabitants, it's the kind of place anyone from anywhere can move to and find things that remind them of home. The SHL is filled with players from many different cultural backgrounds, and for many of our players from Europe the city of Toronto would be a perfect home.

But you're moving to Toronto to join the North Stars. On the ice, the Stars are led by the likes of Adam Barron and Bobby Lane, two of the finest players in the league. Barron leads all defencemen with 35 assists so far in S59, while Lane is the team's top scorer with 20 goals. Off the ice, Toronto is led by the dynamic duo of ml and Ursin. ml goes by many names - including Analytic God, Mr. Galaxy Brain, Anal God and more - and if Ursin can keep ml's ego in check then with a strong roster and three top-six picks from the previous draft in the pipeline, your new team is set up to succeed for many seasons to come. (188 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 11:02 AM by JR95.)

There are a few routes we could go to pitch FAs to Baltimore, but honestly, my favourite thing about the team that I'd love for more people to be able to experience is the people. Everyone on the team from top to bottom has standup personalities and our LR is seriously one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of. No matter the time of day there are always quality people around to shoot the shit with and talk about everything from personal problems to the hockey game that's on that night. I've been a part of many online communities over the years and never have I felt so comfortable with a group of people. Our friendships certainly extend beyond the reach of an "online sim league" and there are several people I hope I get the chance to meet in person, pandemic permitting. For now, and especially now during the pandemic, I've talked to these guys a lot more than most of my girl friends.

I, rookie defenseman Evangelos Giannopoulos of the Hamilton Steelhawks have been assigned the glorious task of convincing some of the best free agents the Simulation Hockey League has to offer to check out the possibility of playing for the Hamilton Steelhawks in the great lakes division. There are so many things that his team and mediocre city in Ontario can offer to anyone. First off, we are only a couple hours away from Toronto so if you're ever bored in this city which you will be bored a lot you can just go to Toronto for a few days or even just the day and have fun with some of the North Stars players. Second off, you will have to share a discord with gooney. This is a once in a lifetime offer that no one can ever refuse. Gooney only brings the best of vibes to the table so I'm sure any big time free agent would love this possibility.

[Image: 3.png]

The Los Angeles Panthers would like to invite you to our state of the art facilities. We have our very own state of the art practice facility. Our Staples Center arena is one of the most modern and advanced facilities in the nation. We also designed the entire surrounding area into a vibrant nightlife atmosphere, complete with dinning, lodging, and clubs. The entire game night experience is is second to none. The team itself has seen a resurgence to success over recent years with it's own internal growth efforts through the draft. The young team is developing into a future powerhouse in the West. With the amount of youth on the roster, LA will be a force to recon with for many seasons to come.

Los Angeles is also one of the most desired places to live in the USA. Any leisure activity you can think of is within reach. We have the lovely coastline from the Santa Monica Pier up to Malibu. We have the most exciting nightlife experience and top quality restaurants in the nation. The bustling entertainment industry is everywhere, and for all you bachelors, we have the most beautiful women in the nation.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

From my years and years of being on manhattan, I would be one of the first people to reach out to the player if they are intersted in us in FA. I would fly them into the city and show them what the city has to offer, where all the players are living. If they have a family show them why having a family in New York is one of the best things in the world. I would also have to sell them on the team. It is no secret that a lot of us are aging, and Manhattan is getting younger, so in order to entice people we have to sell them on the future. Luckily we have one of the best GM's in the league that will sell them on more of the finer details. But I would talk about the Locker room, who we are as an identity. how we never give up

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

The Carolina Kraken has much to offer for anyone thinking about a change in scenery for the upcoming off-season. First of all the team is coming into their own with many draftees from the recent drafts getting tougher and more talented, having been acquainted with the Kraken way of play. Joining a tight group of players might be worrying but the Kraken are always happy to welcome new players! The team is pushing hard for success in the playoffs, maybe not playing to the high performance as the current top teams in the league, but we are playing close and tight games with any team. Once in the playoffs, it's where the Kraken surely will rise again.

The locker room is always filled with great discussions of lots of things, from laying pipes, cats, the weather, weekly discussions on being old, and a daily reminder to go to sleep, courtesy of @wumaduce.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 11:38 AM by Dewalt27.)

Welcome to LA! The city of angels! This is the place you want to be to become a star. Being a star player in any city is a great feeling but the star players who can win rings in LA become legends. The spotlight is twice as big as another city and the history of sports hero’s is strong. We have a great team right now that has a variety of young and veteran talent and our set up for success short term and in the future. You will get to be mentored by the elite player Jimmy slothface who is a motivational leader and emotional leader for this team. Anyone would be blessed to be in his presence. The GMs Fuzz and DangaZone are an elite level of management. The GMs on this team are the highest paid GMs in this league are rightfully so for building an excellent team and you should want to be apart of this.

[Image: f7.png]

Welcome to the wonderful city of New Orleans, Mr. Free Agent, home of the widely-known Specters: the team where both the team itself and its host location are equally just as dead and ghost-like, both literally and figuratively. In the city, you can explore a number of locations and experience many things - tour the French Quarter, also known as the Vieux Carré, and experience the old French, Spanish, and 19th century American architecture, or trek through the bayous surrounding the city, created by the Mississippi River Delta, and maybe catch a disease or two... or maybe even get eaten by an alligator while you do so. In terms of the New Orleans Specters team itself, the locker room is sort of a ghost town, like New Orleans itself! While right now we might not have many players who are active contributors to the scene, we have a funnel of prospects just waiting to get called up to the bigs, and a future generation that is touted as one of the best in the league.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Edmonton! What can I say about Edmonton.... someone help, I don't know anything about Edmonton..

Well did you know that Edmonton has a massive mall? Relieve the 90's by hanging out at the mall all day cause there's nothing else to do. The West Edmonton Mall is actually a world torest attraction as it is the biggest mall in North America. Not only that but it has a freaking water park in it. That's pretty cool! Not only that but Edmonton has a lot of history and museums. If buildings aren't your thing, they also have some natural parks. Including Elk Island which is said to house a lot of different animal spieces. Namely bison, beaver, elk, and, moose. But seriously the city seems great and all. But the team is where it's at. It's run by some great and friendly people. Who are more then willing to help you out if you need it. The teammates are great, they love celebrating your victories and accomplishments together. They're a great bunch of people and I'm happy to play for them. And I'm sure you would be too.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

New England is a vast area with a million things to do within driving range no matter what interests and hobbies you have. And of course pizza. Pizza which is clearly superior to anything you can get in New York. A huge sports hub with multiple sports teams and one of the most dedicated fan bases in the nation.

But when it comes to the team itself. We can promise a growing, up and coming, fun team. Who have worked extremely hard to collect and retain long term talent. It is a great group of people and players that are not far away from reaching their prime. If you join us at this stage you will immediately be thrown into a positive and excited environment. We are nearing the end of our retooling and even with being moved into the new Great Lakes division we will very soon be able to compete for the cup!

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 12:40 PM by Jala.)

The Calgary Dragons have been my SHL home for nearly the entirety of my time on the site. With my first player, I absolutely wanted to land in Calgary with the group of guys who were there at the time and I was so happy to be a part of the team. I spent my entire career with that great organization watching as Esa took over. The biggest feeling I had there was it wasn't a group of guys playing hockey in a sim and doing PTs to improve and what not, it was that it was a family borne around a simulation hockey league. I loved every second of my time with the Dragons.

When I returned after a couple failed players and a couple years between, I came back and was drafted again by Calgary. It has been the exact same experience, albeit with a few new faces. The family feeling is still there, the guys who did remember me it was just like sliding back into an old seat at home. The team's going in a great direction and with some of our young guys coming up, myself included, we will absolutely be a force in another season or two. There's a long history of winning championships in this franchise, so you know the pedigree is there. Management is great both in making moves to the roster to improve and to promote a fun atmosphere in the locker room. The guys are great and the locker room is full of meaningful and fun discussion.

Plus if you join you get to use this sweet emoticon every time anything happens. Dragonite

Word Count: 272

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

You want to come to Anaheim? You want to come to Anaheim! What a great surprise! Free agent you are so good. You are so cool. Your skills are unmatched. Your talents unrivaled. You should come to Anaheim because we are the best SMJHL team in the entire world! We are outlaws, we go pew pew, you hang out in LA. See actors, celebrities everywhere! What a great grand time to walk down Sunset Boulevard, go to Lego Land, really take in the scenery of LAs hottest suburb. Did you ever see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones Ducks of Anaheim? Its Keenan Thompson and all his friends singing the ska music and having a grand ol time rooting for the Anaheim Outlaws. We can get fish tacos, we can talk with major vocal fry, you can get me to a four star cup. Dear free agent person, I love you, I need you, Anaheim is awesome, and you should come play for our team. Thank you. Top Cheddar.