Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

[Image: rKRUzCf.png]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

The Entire Great Lakes division. just kidding.
As a Capitals fan in real life, I've been a victim of the "the entire roster should be there" feeling. The Edmonton Blizzard are not a perfect parallel with the Washington Capitals, but a center snubbing is a familiar site. It can be argued that Edmonton's Jon Forty-One and Tony Pepperoni have both been having better seasons than the elected representative: Julio Tokolosh. Pepperoni and Forty-One have 60 and 59 points respectively and play a much more balanced game than the golden calf (who only has 62 points, by the way). An currently underappreciated defenseman is karlstrausse scholz, who is having a phenomenal season in both ends. All three of the "snubbed" players have been awarded large mid/postseason honors in the past, so I don't think they can be classified as "underrated", their exemption from the all-star game roster means that the league and voters did not see the value in them that the Edmonton franchise and fan base gets to see and appreciate day in and day out.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 09:20 PM by Sopath.)

I think that all of these types of conversations suck because the all star game is really just an acknowledgement of how good a player is in a short period of time. The players who have been lucky will get in the players who aren't will not. This is particularly true in the J. Last year Bas was an all star at 100 PDO and this year he isn't with a brutal 95.8 PDO. So while maybe Bas' snub isn't some kind of egregious oversight by the committee but it is something that occurred far beyond the control of Bas. This season has been very unlucky for the Zerks and especially for Bas this season. It's just particularly sad because this is Bas' last season in Newfoundland and instead of being his best, it's just a meh year. I'm bummed out about it. Hopefully next season is better when Bas is on the All SHL rookie team. Bas Out.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

i think the biggest all star snub for this season (the fifty ninth season) of the simulation hockey league was agnes @micool132 mcpipe the thirteenth. now i know you all have a lot of questions, please do call down and let me explain myself before you grab a pitchfork and come to my house and ask for my head on a spike please don't do that, that's very mean and i would really not like that. yes i know agnes mcpipe isn't even in the simulation hockey league, in fact he's probably debatably not even in the simulation major junior hockey league to be honest. how is he supposed to be snubbed for the all star game, you ask? well you see agnes mcpipe overcomes all boundaries, he's an inter dimensional time traveler so he's a simulation hockey league player in another universe, in fact the best one in that universe, and as such he should be recognized as a cross universe all star talent.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

The biggest snub of the Season Fifty Nine Simulation Hockey League All Star Game has got to be Buffalo Stampede forward, Monkey D Luffy. Nah, just kidding, I think? I’m not sure. Regardless, i have already made my stance clear so I will talk about someone else this time. Instead of talking about luffy, I am going to talk about a player that did not deserve to make the Season Fifty Nine Simulation Hockey League All Star Game. The player I will be discussing in this post is Aron Hernadivic, Czechian born forward of the Eastern Conference, Great Lakes Division, Buffalo Stampede. Hernadivic is not an all star level player. His team is better without him, he just had a season at 1900 tpe where he put up 34 points, and this is who gets chosen for the all star game? Kekw yeah right. Do better simulation hockey league all star committee, there is no reason for my player to make the all star game. Give my position to someone who deserves it! Sad!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

the exclusion of knox booth from the western conference all star roster is a head scratcher to me. booth put up a top 5 goaltending performance in the league from a middle of the pack team--a similar narrative to western conference all star markus tegernako. booth got bumped for texas goaltender cillian kavanagh who is having an excellent season, but has been protected by working in a tandem with white goodman and playing behind a significantly better defense corps. kavanagh played 700 fewer minutes and faced an astonishing 900 fewer shots than booth, whose 0.923 save percentage has clearly been tested by a massive sample size. ultimately i believe booth was a better all star nomination choice than both roenick, who ended the season 24 points behind his team's scoring leader, and fox, whose possession and defensive performance fell off dramatically in the back half of the season. booth will receive mcbride votes this season assuredly, so it is a shock that he didn't get an all-star nod as well.

The biggest all-star snub this season is clearly Frans Eller. The only reason he was not given a spot is because he's not on a big name team. He had better stats than most of the Eastern Conference goalies, and had them while being on a worse team. Of course he doesn't have as many wins or shutouts as the goalies on the top teams. It's impossible to compete as a goalie if you don't look past the wins, or GAA for that matter. Eller has been bombarded with shots since game 1, and has stolen several games for New England this season. Heck, in the end the main reason we even had a shot at the playoffs was because he stood on his head multiple times and allowed us to win games we statistically shouldn't have. While the all-star committee clearly tried to get some names in from weaker teams I still believe goalies aren't properly analyzed. Eller is easily one of the best in the league. But sadly will have to wait to get any recognition until the team around him grows up.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

The most greatest player in the entire simulation hockey league is none other than the absolutely positively snubbed, hard hitting goal scoring dirty dangling Buffalo Stampede forward Alexander Roach. You probably have not heard about roach but he has been playing absolutely out of his mind this season and is the biggest story on this Buffalo team and the league as a whole today. Roaches are like an inch long and yet this guy is playing serious minutes on one of the top teams in the league shooting a puck thats like 10 times larger than him. The strength is unreal. This man deserves an all-star nod at the very least, probably 3 MVPs and throw in a hotdog for good measure. Alexander roach scored 50 points check that shit out. That's more points than SLATT Potts, the other MVP caliber player on a top team in this league. Pick roach for awards season.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 10:26 PM by sve7en.)

The biggest snub was Jimmy Wagner from the All Star Game Skills Competition ™ Fastest Skater Competition. Wags comes from a family of sprinters, with his late mother competing at the Los Angeles Olympics back in 1984 and his sister recently ran the 100m and 200m for USC and is looking to compete as an independent athlete in the upcoming Olympics. While he's grown since his times as skate first player in the J, he's become a well rounded player in the SHL, he still flashes those roots plenty, and deserves a chance to compete with the other speedsters in the league. I expect he could compete with the fastest in the league like fellow Kraken alumni Michael Fitted and Bobby Lane who have won the last two events now. My hope is that the All Star Committee will revise their guidelines for the event and start inviting the best from the SMJHL and the rest of the SHL to truly figure out who the fastest is and who has the hardest shot.

175 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

PBE PT 25-2

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

The biggest snub from the All-Star game was definitely William Hartmann. While you can point and look at his measly 11 goals in the first 47 games of the season and immediately conclude that this was someone who should not be anywhere near the league's elite, you also have to look at that sweet sweet PDO of an appalling 94 to get the full story. When you adjust Hartmann's stats to the mean, what you get is an All-Star. Hartmann eventually got good near the end of the season finishing with a respectable 19 goals and 51 points, so his ability to create offense was on full display down the stretch run. As another player, Jon Forty-One was also snubbed. One of the best playmakers in the league who was near the top of the league in assists at voting time, and yet he still didn't get in. Hartmann not getting into the All-Star Game is a sign of the sportswriters not looking past the simple goal-assist numbers and putting them into their proper context.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Patric Twist was by far the biggest all star snub.  6th on his team in points.  6th on his team in plus/minus.  He plays both special teams for the Inferno.  Getting time on the second power play unit and the second penalty kill unit.  He fell 2 points short of his total from last season albeit in reduced ice time with Clapper taking his spot on the first line.  Twist was 2nd on the team in forward shot blocks.  What really makes him an All-Star is the energy he brings to the Inferno every game.  He's the spark that lights that second line.  They've been a huge part of Atlanta winning the competitive Atlantic division.  He's a young player only getting better.  He's gone above and beyond office the ice.  Communicating with league management to improve the league as a whole.  Especially for players like Twist.  Twist went unsigned following his entry drafting by San Francisco.  Traded to Chicago who then exposed him in the expansion draft.  There have been points in Twist's career it looked questionable if he would even make it to the SHL.  But here he is holding down a line of his own on a division winning team.  Twist has a lot of career ahead of him. But he should have gotten a All-Star nod to acknowledge the great work and perseverance he's shown so far.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Who do I think was the biggest snub this all-star game? Well first we have to ask what it means to be snubbed. What are the qualifications for being snubbed. For me, a player that is considered snubbed is someone who has played well for their team the entire season, a player that is consistent and doesn't go on cold and hot streaks. Anyone can be trash the first 20 games, then the next 20 fire it up and squeak into the all-star game. Then we look at the personality. Are they a leader on the ice, or would they sooner bitch and moan for every missed call. Someone who cares for their teammates, or someone who is too focused on themselves to be happy for the accomplishments their teammates achieve. So it's really a case of subjectivity, because some may consider a player snubbed, while others may not. For me, I think the player that was snubbed for the all-star game was DeMaricus Smyth.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page