Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 02:05 PM by Keenan.)

Written task: All-Star season has come and passed, but the nature of the beast is that some people will be left out. Who do you think was the biggest All-Star snub? (150+ words)
Graphic task: Make a graphic for your snub, showing their All-Star worthy statline.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, May 16th at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

All-Star Rosters: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115855

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PBE PT

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Ph

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 10:56 PM by Dextaria.)

While I am all for equal spots for each team in the All Star Game, it is hard to argue that in this format that the top teams shouldn't be getting more spots in the All Star Game. The one that I will be an advocate for is A Jobin of the Hamilton Steelhawks who posts a strong 44-9-1 record at the time of writing this with a goals against average of 2.29 and a save percentage of 0.917%. In addition to these incredibly insane numbers, A Jobin has 7 shutouts on the season, just 1 behind the league leader in Cillian Kavanagh at 8 (who made the All Star Game in Western Conference keep in mind). While I'm not trying to take away from Name Redacted who I know very well and has a great season despite a struggling Manhattan Rage team, nor am I taking away from Harry Carpet who also made the All Star team for the Eastern Conference, but A Jobin definitely is high up in the running and could be considered for the All Star team. With that though, this is a large reason why I am a big advocate for equal spots or at least relatively equal spots for all teams in the SHL in the All Star game so we do not have as large of snub opportunities in the future.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

In looking at the index for researching this it looks like the player named "This is a placeholder" owns every single spot on the league's "Leaders" page so I am going to have to say that "This is a placeholder" should have actually made the all star team. That is just science.

Just so that I actually get credit for this I am going to say the biggest snub was Monkey D. Luffy from the Buffalo Stampede. I didn't do any research on this because it seems like it would be a pain with how the index is set up (also because I didn't feel like searching out the all star rosters as well). But the reaction from Luffy and his Buffalo gang in the announcement thread means at the very least their locker room felt VERY VERY strongly about Luffy needing to be on the all star team. If they got that worked up about Luffy not making the team this season then he must be having an amazing season and deserves all the recognition in the world.

179 words, I don't trust that 75 word prompt....

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

ISFL affiliate PT

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PBE PT

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

oh no monkey d luffy got snubbed let me drivel on about how our beloved buffalo star got left off... PSYCH

instead, i'll be discussing a player who warranted the all-star nod more than luffy, and probably wasn't complaining as much although he probably was complaining. that man is chicago syndicate center ryan shepard, who *gasp* has scored more points (it's only one but who cares lol). shepard has 52 points, with 20 goals and 32 assists, so he's obviously one of the best playmakers (and scorers in general) in the league. he may not be shooting efficiently, but he doesn't give the puck away much if at all (his 17 giveaways is surprisingly good for a star of his ilk), he can play on both the PP and PK, he can play physical if need be (50 hits ain't bad), and his advanced stats (4.2 GF/60 compared to 2.3 GA/60, 47 SF/60 to 21.6 SA/60, 68 fenwick and corsi with a 3.9 corsi rel) paint him as an offense driver who can shut it down. i get that the great lakes have most of the forwards but for shepard to be left off is kinda nuts

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 04:57 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written task: All-Star season has come and passed, but the nature of the beast is that some people will be left out. Who do you think was the biggest All-Star snub? (150+ words)

I'm going to break it down into forwards, defensemen, goalies. Also breaking it down by conference.

East:

F: Ryan Shepard of the Chicago Syndicate. IMO Shepard might just be the most underrated player from the S50 class. A very good scorer and leading performer on the Syndicate, a team that boasts a variety of great offensive players. I think there isn't enough respect shown to Shepard in general.

D: Nicholas Owens of the Buffalo Stampede. I think it's easy to see the insane season that Augustus Wang is having and assume that he's the best defenseman the Stampede have to offer, but Owens is up there in my opinion. Not too surprising in my mind though that they weren't picked given that there's an effort to include all teams in the ASG and Buffalo has a number of players to pick from.

G: A Jobin of the Hamilton Steelhawks. There's always the lingering argument about how much of a goalie's performance is down to the team they play for... but Jobin's stats this season are insane and I think it's a fair assumption that at least a majority of that is down to Jobin being a great goaltender. Maybe not enough to put him above Redacted and Carpet, but if there were three goalies taken and not two, Jobin would've been there.

West:

F: Phineas Gold of the Minnesota Monarchs. This one's a little tricky since the user has said they aren't going to be active much anymore, but when it comes to the stats of this player there's no doubt in my mind that they'd otherwise deserve a spot on the roster. Gold is a scoring machine, and has been a very good performer since coming over from the Rage.

D: Adam Scianna of the Texas Renegades. Scianna has emerged as one of the best defenders in the league. He's another one like Owens where there's another D on the team that's having a career year (Brusky) so might've been overlooked.

G: Knox Booth of the Los Angeles Panthers. A very high prestige goalie that serves as the backbone of Los Angeles' defense. Tegernako and Kavanagh have had amazing years, and so like Jobin I don't necessarily think it was a huge snub... but if there were three, Booth is the natural choice to be added.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

My biggest All-star game snub is going to be Jon Forty-one. Jon is the number one center on the Blizzard and leads the Blizzard in points. He's one of the leagues premier playmakers with 33 assists on the season. He's a great two-way player and his Dar noms and wins prove that! The fact that there was only one Blizzard selected to the all-star game is also a travesty. The Blizzard is a premier organization in the SHL and they deserve AT LEAST two representatives at a minimum.

In all seriousness though, I appreciate the changes that were made to the all-star game and I'm glad all teams are getting a chance to be represented. It's a showcase of the talent in our league so I feel like every organization should be represented! If it means hurting a few individuals feelings in order to include everyone, I think it's worth it!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I try not to take nominations or snubs too personally but it has to be my player, Knox Booth. I am leading the league in GR for games played and I am having a career year statistically with a save percentage of .925 and six shutouts. I am also second in the league with the most shots against and saves and yet somehow, I am not in the all-star game. I am literally one of the most significant pieces of the Panthers roster and if it wasn't for me we would be way worse off. It's situations like this that make you believe it's a popularity contest first before it's a reward for what players are actually doing in the sim. The reality is that I am not as active of a member nor do I know many people from outside of my team, so it's a bummer. Even when I won the McBride it was hotly contested butI do expect to be nominated this year based on my performance. Time will tell.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Code:
Written task: All-Star season has come and passed, but the nature of the beast is that some people will be left out. Who do you think was the biggest All-Star snub? (75+ words)

Although the All-Star game and festivities are for the fans and sponsors of the league. It is supposed to showcase the best of the best in the SHL and with any spectacle like this, there will always be notable players that unfortunately will not be part of the All-Star weekend. 

I usually don't pay attention to the All-Star events but I believe that the biggest All-Star snub would have to be my fellow teammate in Edmonton and that player is Jon Forty-One. Jon is having another dominant season by producing 12 goals and 33 assists for 45 points in 46 games (as of this post) and he is playing on the same line along fellow All-Star our favourite cow Julio Tokolosh. 

Hopefully Jon will use not being selected as an All-Star to go on a hot streak for the remainder of the regular season and hopefully a deep playoff run for us to capture the Challenge Cup! 

(157 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures!