Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Oct 18 2012, 06:29 PM

I liked his verse tbh. It's not great but I enjoyed it. Also love the beat.

And yeah, I love Maybach Curtains. That was the most anticipated track from D&N and it didn't disappoint.

I'm starting to get hyped for D&N. Don't think it'll be AOTY, but Meek never disappoints.

ive been smoking alot recently, so i decided to make a top 10 fave albums list and it grew to top 30.
im gonna try to get it to 50
most ppl on here other than JT probably wont know half of them, but i figured id post it anyways lol

1. Illmatic
2. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
3. Ready to Die
4. Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
5. Low End Theory
6. The Sun Rises in the East
7. Reasonable Doubt
8. Midnight Marauders
9. Liquid Swords
10. Me Against the World
11. Legal Drug Money
12. Resurrection
13. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…
14. The Diary
15. Bizzare Ride II: The Pharcyde
16. The Chronic
17. Licensed to Ill
18. 3 Feet High and Rising
19. The Score
20. Paul’s Boutique
21. Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star
22. The Beatnuts: Street Level
23. Black on Both Sides
24. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
25. Paid in Full
26. All Eyez on Me
27. Illadelph Halflife
28. Section.80
29. Wut? Thee Album
30. The Infamous

fuckin problem

jeez drake and kendrick go hard in that. Smile

I've heard of exactly 15/30! Good guess, Alex! Tongue

EDIT: Actually, 16/30. Miscounted, lol.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 18 2012, 09:00 PM
I've heard of exactly 15/30! Good guess, Alex! Tongue
which 1s

Illmatic, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Ready to Die, Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, Reasonable Doubt, Me Against the World, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, The Chronic, Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Paid in Full, All Eyez On Me, Section.80, and The Infamous.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 18 2012, 09:04 PM
Illmatic, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Ready to Die, Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, Reasonable Doubt, Me Against the World, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, The Chronic, Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Paid in Full, All Eyez On Me, Section.80, and The Infamous.
not bad.
you missin some goooooood ones tho

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Oct 18 2012, 08:08 PM

I'm starting to get hyped for D&N. Don't think it'll be AOTY, but Meek never disappoints.

Me too. I'm thinking about ordering it so I can get the D&N shirt tbh. Soo hype. I don't think it'll be AOTY, but I think it'll be in the top 3.

I'll probs get hated on for this but I'm gonna say it anyways. Meek is the future of hip hop tbh, along with Kendrick Lamar and J Cole imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Oct 18 2012, 05:58 PM
ive been smoking alot recently, so i decided to make a top 10 fave albums list and it grew to top 30.
im gonna try to get it to 50
most ppl on here other than JT probably wont know half of them, but i figured id post it anyways lol

1. Illmatic
2. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
3. Ready to Die
4. Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
5. Low End Theory
6. The Sun Rises in the East
7. Reasonable Doubt
8. Midnight Marauders
9. Liquid Swords
10. Me Against the World
11. Legal Drug Money
12. Resurrection
13. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…
14. The Diary
15. Bizzare Ride II: The Pharcyde
16. The Chronic
17. Licensed to Ill
18. 3 Feet High and Rising
19. The Score
20. Paul’s Boutique
21. Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star
22. The Beatnuts: Street Level
23. Black on Both Sides
24. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
25. Paid in Full
26. All Eyez on Me
27. Illadelph Halflife
28. Section.80
29. Wut? Thee Album
30. The Infamous

I have heard 27/30

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 18 2012, 09:40 PM

I have heard 27/30
which 3?

Ok so I have listened to this album front to back at least 7 times, so here is an updated rating of K Dot's album including the deluxe tracks and cartoons and cereal

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter - 5/5
- The skit at the end is funny
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe - 5/5
3. Backseat Freestyle - 5/5
4. The Art of Peer Pressure - 4.5/5
- Dude tells a great story
5. Money Trees ft Jay Rock - 5/5
- I love his flow on here
6. Poetic Justice ft Drake - 5/5
- Favorite Beat of the Album
7. Good Kid - 4/5
8. m.A.A.d City - 5/5
9. Swimming Pools - 5/5
10. Sing for me im dying of thirst - 5/5
11. Real ft Anna Wise - 4.5/5
12. Compton - 4.5/5
13. The Recipe ft Dr. Dre - 5/5
14. Black Boy - 5/5
- This is the best song on the album
15. Now or Never ft Mary J. Blige - 5/5
16. Cartonn and Cereal - 5/5
Total = 77.5/80 = 4.84/5 = Album of the Year

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Oct 18 2012, 06:41 PM

which 3?

The Sun Rises in the East
Legal Drug Money
The Beatnuts

Just finally got around to downloading Kendrick's. Listening to it now.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I feel bad for our future generation, Society wont be good... Lil Mouse and now this kid :facepalm:

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Poopy-Coke-Aint...ape.405214.html

Review for GKMC

Sherane- 4.75/5 Really like the smooth almost hypnotic beat, rapping is solid, nothing really wowing me but it's a solid rap song. Liked the phone part toward the end, really like when shit is on an album like that. Makes things interesting

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe- 5/5 Really love the hook on this one, beat is boss, hook is so different but it works on so many levels, beat is dope as fuh, rapping is great too. No docking anything on this one

Backstreet Freestyle- 4.5/5, Right off the bat this one sounded grimey as fuck compared to the previous 2 songs, Iunno how to explain it but it felt like the song was missing something. I think this one woulda benefited for a Feat here. I think Kanye would have KILLED This beat.

The Art of Peer Pressure- 4.5/5, I love the beat at the beginning, then the breakdown was tight and the darker beat was dope, rapping as normal was great. No complaints aside from getting excited about the silky smooth beginning beat and then getting disappointed it wasn't the song.

Money Trees- 3/5 I like the beat but I was not feeling the hook AT ALL, definitely the weakest part of the album so far. Jay Rock was aight though, this whole song could have been much better with such a original promising beat.

Poetic Justice- 4/5 Love the silky beat, loved Kendrick rapping, Drake killed it, in a bad way.

Good Kid- 3.75/5 Nothing special here, nothing bad but nothing worth noting. Loved the rapping, loved the echo effect of the rapping, hook wasn't doing it for me and I wasn't feeling the beat

M.A.A.D City- 5/5 Grimy as FUCK Love this one.

Swimming Pools- 4.5/5 This one's growing on me but right now still not 5/5. Love the beat, hook is growing on me, and the rapping is solid as seems to keep pace with the whole album

Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst- 5/5 Easily my favorite thus far. 10 Minutes of ear sex and a enticing 2 minute skit

Real- 4/5 Really dislike the use of Anna Wise, Not feeling this one overall

Compton- 5/5 Got excited when I saw Dre, wasn't disappointed

The Recipe- 4/5 Not feeling this one as much as Compton

Black Boy Fly- 5/5 Like this song, still not as high on it as Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst but it's probably my 2nd favorite on the album

Now or Never- 4.5/5 Pretty dope, Mary J Kills it and I really am not a fan of her normally, although I think it should be Mary's song ft Kendrick lol

Cartoon and Cereal- 5/5 Such a unique flow, such a unique song. Can't hate at all. This is tied for my 2nd favorite with Black Boy Fly. Really high on this song right now.

4.15. Definitely not as high on it as I have been other albums but it's definitely pleasantly surprising for me who's never really been super high on Kendrick, I just couldn't get into most of his songs. But this album was dope. definitely a bit higher on him now.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]