Create Account

S60 Championship Week

5. 2 TPE
Even before this expansion bringing in 2 teams, I was very critical of the current playoffs system. It just makes the regular season meaningless when you allow all teams to participate in the post season. At least if you're not changing the format, remove the byes. My first 2 seasons we won the division so we have to wait a full week to play our first series. We've lost both times, so we got to play the exact same number of games as a last seed team. At least allow us to pound on them. It's already way too long to stay in juniors for almost a full year, at least make the season matter.

6. 3 TPE
First of all, there were quite a few surprising teams in the last IIHF good and bad. Switzerland finishing 2nd with the same record as the USA was unexpected. I don't think they will repeat that performance as a smaller nation but they have to be taken more seriously from now on. Canada had an absolute piss poor showing with an 3-8-1 record. I don't know what happened but the country has too many great players to not bounce back this season. Austria and Latvia should still struggle for this tournament and the next few ones. The USA is a favorite year in and year out finishing in the top 4 in the last 5 tourneys, they should compete for a medal once again. My dark horse for a gold medal is Finland. Their WJC team won 3x in a row not so long ago and most graduated to the main team. That young talent joining vets like Carpet, Fitted, Kekkonen, etc. could get them to the next level.

12. 4 TPE
A. Both teams deserve to be in the finals. On paper, they are both consider contenders. We haven't seen many upsets since the switch to FHM and this matchup is not an exception. Chicago was seen as the most talented western team. In the east, it was pretty much a toss up between Buffalo and Hamilton and only one team can make it.

B. I got to go with Buffalo here. I've been around for a while now and believe it or not but when I joined Buffalo was seen as a joke franchise. That's something not too many new users know but at one point around season 40 there was questions who was going to be better between Toronto and Buffalo. That just shows how low they were seen. Good on them to turn things around and since then being a dynasty.

C. Buffalo: I'm a big fan of wbf playing the bad/troll guy but some players on his team should learn how to do it as well as him. The all star team thingy with monky d luffy was just embarrassing. Chicago: Not a big fan of the logo or the name. Some shady moves from players graduating from Newfoundland is a bit sus.

D. With Buffalo being in the league for longer than Chicago, I'll expand on them. I believe their best all time player is defenseman Alexis Metzler. When Garbanzo was about to retire, Metzler took his spot as best d-man in the league. Users tried to emulate his build, that big turnaround in Buffalo I talked about is in large due to this man.

13. 2 TPE
I was a bit harsh on Buffalo goaltender Elizabeth Doyle in a previous task comparing her to Chris Osgood, an above average goalie playing behind a great squad making her look great. But she definitely deserves playoffs MVP after outplaying all her matchups to win it all. To come back after trailing 3-1 in the finals is something you don't see a lot and she's the biggest reason why. Besides Aron Hernadivic, nobody else on the Stampede really stood out, it was a team effort relying a lot on Doyle to win low scoring games. A playoffs .926 save percentage facing teams like Hamilton and Chicago is really impressive. This run prove Elizabeth is an elite goalie on her own and my take was an absolute dud.

15. 3 TPE
tarte

17. 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085570

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

Yeah, between the identity fraud that was later determined to be a joke played on Sekai by his team mates and the crazy downturn that the Outlaws took in the second half of the season its been an interesting one for sure. Nothing super horrible happened exactly, but a small chain of bad lucks could best describe it. The worst thing that came out of anything was Sekai taking two weeks to find the tattoo that had been inked on his ass. At least it was a bad-ass tatty but no one but those most intimate will ever see it. The decisions to quit drinking for awhile gave Sekai a chance to reflect on his behaviour over the past junior seasons and decided it was time to grow up and focus on training more and having a better Public Relations record in Anaheim. In what will likely be the last season in juniors, Sekai wants to win that elusive 4-Star cup once and for all.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Freakiest of all freaky Fridays I suddenly woke up as the Buffalo super-stud player Jack Kanoff. I noticed right away because as soon as I stepped out of bed that morning I noticed my feet had gone from a paltry size eight to a shocking size fourteen. Not bad, not bad. But then when I saw the rest of me, I just stood in shock at the mirror and admired the svelte Greek god-like figure that stared back at me. I had no idea how this happened but dang... I looked so much better than the tall lanky Icelander I had been the night before. A knock on the door and my maties let me know that the team bus was waiting. I got on and everyone just stared at me as though they could tell I was a fraud but no one said anything. Then we went into the arena and won the damn Challenge cup and as I was hoisting it above my head the spell must have worn off because I woke up again in my old body but being Jack Kanoff for just one game was amazing.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Adding two more teams to the SMJHL should not change the playoff system of all the teams making the playoffs. It really doesn’t matter, Its a sim league and everything is fake, what does it matter if all the teams make the playoffs. FHM isn't like Simon T where you’re going to get those flukes where the last pace team takes it all the way to the top and wins it. It just doesn't happen. So why deny two teams the chance to at least have a fun playoff round even if they’re out after one round. The whole site should be about fun and acceptance that it is a SIM league and we’re all here for a good time.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The IIHF this year should be interesting. I personally think that Canada and the USA will do well because they always do. The smaller talent pool teams should duke it out for last place as usual. Some random teams from the mid-range in the standings might make a surprise run for it this year. Germany is always a threat and this year so is Finland. Both teams have a number of players reaching that elite range of 1500+ TPE and could shock the bigger teams with a large number of wins in the round robin. Japan could be the sleeper sneak in for the medal rounds as many of their previously young team has matured to the point of being worthy. My beloved Latvia is poised to be a bottom dweller again but in a few more season with the monster defensive core of the future starting to unbank this little country could make a surprise showing but not this year. Soon though. Soon....

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Both these teams deserve to be here. They are obviously the best of the best and have worked their little bums off to be challenging for the cup. The individual efforts as well as GM’s for both teams have spent hours to have the chance to sick flex their victory when all is said and done.

b. Buffalo has built an incredible dynasty over these past twenty seasons and they keep trucking enough to remain among the top ranks. This is not an unremarkable feat. Props to the Management team for maintaining the dominance for so long. Chicago has scared everyone for years now and they are finally paying off for being an expansion team. Their sow but steady climb to the top will not be toppled easily and we should expect them to be contenders for years to come.

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

milestones claim +3

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 09:59 PM by Thor.)

ISFL Affiliate (Username: Thor)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: thor

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Thor would take Luke out for a lovely date out in the country, free of any lockdown or pandemic worries. We would visit the local vineyards and breweries before taking a stroll along the beach as the sun sets. When the night starts, so does the real adventure into the seedy underbelly of the rural nightlife. Street racing, drugs, adrenaline and no holds barred bare knuckle boxing, I don't plan to participate but I feel like it gives Luke the opportunity to have a really good time. After all of this, Thor would make sure that Luke safely finds his way home so that there's no chance at all anyone could blame him for Luke's late night dissappearance. 

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
9 TPE Total

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.) (+3TPE)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

To be or not to be
That depends on TPE
Championship Week though?
Woe is me

Task one is less fun than running into a tree
Task two is impossible for me
I didn't have a childhood, you see
Task three?
Just no, geez.

Those graphic tasks make me want to flee
I'd prefer to be kicked in the knees.
Why can't we just make a simple graphic with our name on a marquise?
That would fill me with glee.

This is just a lot of thinking for a measly three tpe.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. (+3TPE)

Verification Word: Spinach

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (+3TPE)
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

Milestone Thread Post

Affiliate PT Claim (+3TPE)
PBE PT Link

Total= +12TPE

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 06:14 PM by reid.)

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?
.Well, the good is that Reid had a career year! He topped 60 points for the first time ever, and had an impressive 39 assists, both career highs. He had +17, got a decent face off percentage, and finally got some first line time. Perhaps most importantly, he was leading all forwards in TOI at one point in the season, really showing how important of a role he was playing on the young Argos. On the flip side, the low for his season was seeing two first line studs in Jack Kanoff and Michael Scarn being traded mid season, essentially ending their bid to win the division for the first time ever and make a deep playoff push. This effectively transitioned his career into one where he could be competing in his early and mid prime, to one where he is focused on mentoring the young pups and content with competing 3-5 seasons into regression. That isn’t necessarily a down, but when you set career highs only to likely dip below thay next season, it could certainly be better

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
a. Where to start. Buffalo was GIFTED @jeffie43, who decided to become a good (?) player this season, specifically after his trade to Buffalo. I dont care what you say about 3 firsts and a 2nd, jeffie was GIFTED. Not to get into the Newfoundland Bezerkers Sr. Group either. The best kind of bullshittery is the off ice drama bullshittery, and these teams both have always had loads of that.

b. I think it is ultimatley more impressive for BUF, as they finally got over the FHM hump. Even though they were able to get to the finals consistently in the FHM era, this was their first W (I think) in a while. Good for them for getting over the hump, that makes thier dominance seem more impressive to me. Also Finn and Tomen have been able to fully transition to a new wave of BUF superstars, so much so that their roster doesnt look very similar on the top end to their previous championships.
c. only nitpicking one thing? I will do one for each team: BUF: the team is a bunch of zoomer memetime kids almost on the scale of Hamilton. The degen/60 rates just went through the roof with the aquisition of @jeffie43, so that isnt getting any better. CHI has to e that they have a meh logo, but really cool colours.

d. The best player to every play for Buffalo is easily Joe Kreshewski or however you say it. Not only is he a legend of the game, but he played a vital role in Buffalo winning a cup. That vital role? Getting traded in a flurry of moves that ended up getting hotdog and his player to BUF, essentially upgrading x2 on his bum ass TPE levels. It is unfortunate the stampede legend had to end his time there so abruptly, but that’s hockey.

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Woo hoo! This is the latest I have ever left my CW, oops. Congrats to Bufflebro. I would say the obvious MVP is Elizabeth Doyle. It cannot be easy to be in a goaltender duel with stud Mat Smith, and to have your team down 3-1 in the series. Most, if not all of the people on site thought CHI had it wrapped up then, but Doyle said no. It takes serious mental strength to put the team on your back and win 3 straight elimination games, and if Doyle had let one crack up, then CHI would have won the series. Doyle is no stranger to awards, but this was a brilliant performance, and I would be surprised if she didnt get an award nom for Razov.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

reid +3

Quote:16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?
Luke is the best boi, and deserves to have the best wining and dining of all the wining and dining the world has seen - much like our boy Baby from Baby Driver. My idea for a Luke date would be to try and re-create the date from baby driver and see if he picks up on it, or gets deja vu. So it would start by picking him up in a fancy fast car, driving it real fast and drifting it to show off, taking him to a diner, where we could get milkshakes, and maybe going on a road trip for a picnic in a convertable. Maybe we could get into a car chase or two, or a shootout.

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

milestones +2

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

17. Milestones: 3 TPE

DEFENSE
Goals -> 11 or more (15)
Assists -> 25 or more (47)
Points -> 41 or more (62)
+/- -> +19 or higher (37)
Penalty Minutes -> 18 or fewer (18)
Shots on goal -> 167 or more (257)
Takeaways -> 22 or more (29)
Shots Blocked -> 68 or more (68)
Powerplay Points -> 4 or more (22)

16. Date Luke: 2 TPE

It was sure nice of Luke to let me keep my ill gotten gains from my heist of the SHL. His condition was a bit weird though. Especially when we consider that over 200 people completed this heist simultaneously. Luke is not gonna have to pay for a meal on his own accord for almost a calendar year, so that's a good play on his part, props. Since I want to keep as much as my money as possible I take Luke to Wendy's and we each get a 4 for 4. I figure it's still a date so it satisfies his demands, and I'm banking on someone just standing him up or something so my date won't end up being the worst. Forgotten in mediocrity: my life's motto!

129 wc

1. Crazy Season: 3 TPE

It was a season for the Christmas card one way or another for Anchorage's Gregory Goode. The defenseman had to deal with his identity being stolen among several other peculiarities. Let's just say that for this hockey player, hockey was often on the back burner while dealing with several other more pressing issues. Not to say it was an entirely bad season, however. In fact it was quite the opposite as Gregory Goode lit up the SMJHL for one last season. In his swan song Goode erupted for 62 points, tied for 7th in the league. Not bad for a defenseman! Unfortunately the storyboook season wasn't meant to be as the Armada lost in the finals to Nefoundland, but as he gets ready for the next big step in his career, to San Francisco, Goode can't help but smile as he looks back on his juniors career, identity theft and all.

151 wc

2. PokeSHL: 3 TPE

PokeSHL, sounds great in theory, right? Well let me tell you how wrong you truly are. Meet the ice type. Several nifty Pokemon are the ice type such as Lapras, Articuno, Kyurem, and my favorite ice type Froslass. That's where the fun ends, let's go over some not so fun ice type facts. 1) Ice type is the rarest type in Pokemon, rarer than literal dragons or ghosts. But not only that but ice types are known far and wide for their awful defensive typing. Of the 18 Pokemon types, ice only resists itself. That's awful. That means 17 other types of moves hit it for either super effective or normal damage. Normal types also take normal or super effective damage from 17 types, but at least their 18th is an immunity to ghost, not just a resistance. Ice is super effective on 4 types, which is pretty sick, but defense wins championships or something.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yes. Since we're all ICE hockey players, I'd imagine everyone would be at least part ice type, which as I just covered would probably suck. So to answer your question I think I'd be in it like I was with Pokemon Go, just be in it to catch them all and fill my Pokedex, everything else I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

226 wc

3. Freaky Friday: 3 TPE

If I woke up one day in someone from Buffalo or Chicago's body I'd go out and play the best damn game of hockey possible. You see my reasoning is simple: I'd imagine it's like the movie where it's a one for one swap, meaning of course that when I see myself in their body they will no doubt see themselves in my body. As a player in the SMJHL finals, my body too would be in a super important game, so I guess it's like a downsideless prisoner's dilemma. I play my brains out to help their team secure the win and they do the same, thinking that I would do that thing what which I just said I would do. I suppose I could be betrayed however, and the new me would mess me up or something, but I'd like to think we're all adults here and that wouldn't happen. I suppose worst case scenario I could just hope the Anchorage Newfoundland game is before the Chicago-Buffalo game. I could see how SHLer in Goode's body holds up their end, and if they try their best I will return the favor in kind, but if they don't then I can throw the game then.

206 wc

5. SMJHL Playoffs: 2 TPE

We gotta change the SMJHL playoff system. I don't know too much about FHM so I'm not gonna pretend like I know the exact answer, but I was just in 4 straight finals in Junys and none of those times was it the best team against the 2nd best. Now, sometimes upsets happen yes, but it was because of a fundamental flaw built into the reseeding system, where often 1v2 was a semi-finals matchup, often incredibly exciting, and then the 4 star cup finals are just a steamrolling of one team by the higher seed. I think we gotta change it to a system that does not include reseeding. My ideal would still be to have all teams make the playoffs, just to keep juniors attentive and interacting with the site, but if it is a case of one or the other, there's no way in hell I'm choosing everyone making the playoffs over ditching reseeding.

156 wc

16/16 TPE

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 01:11 PM by Arkz.)

5.  +2 TPE (100 words min.)
The nature of the SMJHL is that it is a developmental league. It's purpose is to grow and nurture the young talent from around the league so that they are ready to handle the rigors and difficulties of a full SHL season. Its a hotly contested and competitive league to be sure, but we always need to keep our eye on the purpose and desired result from the system. For this reason, it makes the most sense to keep the playoff format as-is, meaning that all teams get a chance to play in the high-stakes playoff matchups. While it will make for a longer and expanded tournament, that experience is vital for the future stars of the league. (118 words)

6. +3 TPE (150 words min.)
For the IIHF, we'll probably see the same teams compete at the top and the same set of other teams struggle at the bottom. Canada, Sweden, Norway and potentially the United States leading the way at the top. They just have such a strong pedigree and pipeline of talent that its hard for them not to reach the top of the league table. Teams like Finland, Germany, Japan, Switzerland will probably occupy the middle spots of the league. Capable of taking a game off the top teams, but not enough to really make a run. Then there's the teams like Latvia, Austria and Ireland that should honestly consider finding a region to merge with or folding entirely because they just don't have the recruits required to really compete in this tournament. I would love to be proven wrong, but nothing those teams have shown in the past makes me believe they'll suddenly make a jump in S60. (157  words)

12. +4 TPE (50 words min each) 
a. I'm always hesitant when the word "deserve" enters into a conversation about success. You play the games and the minutes you're assigned, and then the winner gets to play again or ultimately walk home with the cup. If you beat another team four times in a seven game series, you deserve your success. So yes, these teams 'deserve' to play in the finals. (63 words)
b. Buffalo is the simple answer here, so I'm going to go against the grain and say Chicago. Prior to this season, Chicago was playing in the hyper-competitive Great Lakes division, against the juggernauts of Buffalo and Hamilton. To find sustained success in that division and keeping a core together despite continually finishing third, is very impressive. (56 words)
c. Too many green teams in this league. I swear like a quarter of the league is some shade of green. Buffalo may have more success than the others, but its way too much. Also, I don't know what things are like in New York, but Buffalo are not green. At least the Syndicate have a unique color scheme. (58 words)
d. For Chicago, it has to be Martijn Westbroek right? He's led the team in points (by a very wide margin in some cases) in each of the last five seasons. As Westbroek goes, so do the Syndicate. For Buffalo, they've had tons of great players. He's on the downswing of his hall of fame career, but its probably Monkey D. Luffy due to his sustained success. (66 words)

15. CW TRIVIA, +3 TPE
Verification Word: Verification

16. +2 TPE (100 words min)
The hallmark of any good night out involves food and some sort of activity. We'd start the evening with a night out at a restaurant, most likely Italian food. There's no better way to bond than to order a few things off the menu and share your thoughts and feelings on the dishes. We'd probably start with an order of garlic bread, then maybe a couple pasta dishes and finally dessert. Not sure about the dessert, most likely some tiramisu I think. After dinner, in New Orleans, I'd take Luke out onto one of those airboats that speed around the swamps. I'd promptly then knock Luke over the head and dump him with the alligators because I can't trust him not to go to the cops. Sorry Luke. (128 words)

17. Milestones, +2 TPE
Milestones Here

16/16 total TPE

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 02:06 AM by siddhus.)

+03 - Affliate PT Claim

+01 - Milestones

+03 - Task 15 (verification word: water)

+03 - Task 7
If we were still in STHS, I doubt we would be at the point where we are expanding once again in the minors and the major leagues. I know that the VHL still runs it, and seems to still be alive, but from being very very semi active in the VHL, I think that the number of attributes here just makes it so much more appealing. So many choices, while it makes it more complicated, it is also pretty cool to not have literally one attribute for defense as opposed to now having a full section just for defense. And then there is also the hack / whatever you want to call it, with 99 scoring, 40 passing, which if we still had it, would have eventually led to the downfall of the league because having meta builds is never fun. While there is the thing of, if people never heard of FHM, then there is no problem with STHS since no one knows there is something better, I think ultimately its been good to make the switch

+02 - Task 5
To be honest, at first I was not really a fan of the playoff format cause it really gave no incentive to trying in the regular season, but the more I think about it, it was actually a really smart decision. It is the minors, should be a time to have some ince introduction to the league and ultimately have some fun, and being out of the playoffs for the around 2 weeks I think playoffs takes place for, is ultimately a very bad thing, and will not be useful for retention. Hopefully playoffs don't take even longer with more teams now. I do think 16/20 teams in the SHL making it, is not good at all, but thats a totally different thing.

+04 - Task 12
1. I think Buffalo has been a top team for a while, from my limited paying attention to the SHL to which, I don't think it would be fair to say that they got here unfairly. Their team is obviously doing something right, so that is good for them. Chicago I believe won a cup a few seasons back, so they aren't a stranger to the finals, and deserve it as well.

2. I don't think anyone really has any other answer other than Buffalo's increased dominance. I do appreciate Chicago having those good runs, but I wouldn't consider having that more impressive in the slightest over Buffalo constantly being near the top of the league. But at least for Chicago, being pretty good from starting as an expansion team is good.

3. Buffalo has a bad branding to be honest. Green and yellow is a horrible color scheme together, especially considering the hex code that is also used on it. I'm also not a fan of their logo, and while it is not too bad, I would not personally say that I would want to have that.

4. smh my head, I have no idea on the history of each of these teams. I do remember Monkey D. Luffy as a top forward for a few seasons, so I think that they have been impactful for the Stampede, and well as Evok's goalie, Elizabeth Doyle, who has been a constant presense on the team.
16 / 16

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 07:47 PM by CanadianDuck.)

1: (3) This season was one amazing roller coaster ride for myself and the Calgary Dragons as a whole. What started out as a terrible disaster, turned into on of the best out of nowhere comeback stories that almost went all the way to the SHL Finals until a game 6 loss to Chicago ending the Cinderella run. I will admit that I fully planned on retirement after the horrendous start our team had. I felt I was unable to keep up with all the young superstars anymore and was a detriment to my teammates. I decided I was going to give it more than I felt possible in my last games, and suddenly things started to correct themselves. I had one of my best seasons ever and now I have decided to give it one more round again. Who knows, maybe I have more than one season left in these old bones. (Or maybe I just don't want to leave and someone is going to have to drag me away with force.)

5: (2) If I were in charge of what happens to the playoffs with 2 new teams being added to the SMJHL, I would keep the every team makes it format. I feel that it makes the league more exciting and also makes new players more likely to stick around, even if by just a small margin. I also don't see a better format than what is currently used. Changing this format to fix a problem that doesn't seem to exist seems dumb to me, and therefore I believe we should keep it the same way as it is now. If anything, maybe we could change up the way seeding is determined.

6: (3) Another SHL season has come and gone, now it's time for the players to dawn their home Countries team colors and play for National pride. This time around I feel a few things will be different compared to last year and I am looking forward to seeing it all play out in person. First we will discuss who I believe will have the biggest turnaround. Canada is the most obvious answer here and I wouldn't bet against them going all out and winning it all after such a weak showing last time. They still have all the talent to be the best and I believe they will be fully focused on showing just how dominate they still are. I feel like Latvia will be at the bottom looking up as the last place finisher this year based on the division they find themselves in. I predict Canada wins Gold, Sweden wins Silver, and Norway wins the bronze in an exciting matchup with the USA.

13: (2) First off I want to congratulate the Buffalo Stampede on finally winning the Championship after so many years of going all the way just to fall short and choke in the finals. Now is the time to choose who I personally feel was the MVP in this seasons Playoffs. Like many season past, there are so many great choices, but only one can e given the honor of the best. My choice for Chicago is Martijn Westbroek. He lead the playoffs in points and was a huge factor in getting to within 1 win of bringing his team the victory over Buffalo. For Buffalo I have chosen Aron Hernadivic as the overall pick for my Playoff MVP. His play was out of this world amazing and he deserves all the credit.

15: (3) Verification word: done

17: (3) S60 Milestones

Total: 16/16

Pbe affiliate +3
Trivia verification word: Bork +3
Milestones +3
12a. So the real reason these teams, buffalo and Chicago made the championship is pretty simple. First off these teams have been bailed.out but idiot general managers time and time again. Both of these teams have made fools of other franchises by making trades I question Everytime. Alot of them being cap dumps where they just bail these teams out and they suffer no consequences.
12b. Now this kinda plays into the first question but I think second time for Chicago is less impressive for the young team. They got moved out of the great lakes. They have bailed out of cap hell. That is why I think it has been more impressive for buffalo despite being a team I don't care for the general managers know what they are doing and set themselves up getting there for a reason.
12c. I'll critique both teams. Chicago I know nothing about their General Managers often I have heard from other sources that they are practically inactive unless someone on their team begs them to do something. Buffalo I think they could use a better logo. I don't know what it is but I am just not a fan of their current logo.
12d. Best player to play on buffalo would be the one and only Selich. Guy could do it all and played there for such a long time. When you say buffalo you shod automatically think of Selich even when he's dead and gone. Plus let's not discount that he's a winner. Cannot even count the championships he's been in let alone won.
+4

7. Hello it is I a Franchise Hockey Manager baby in the flesh and blood. First off let's get this out the way my career would not exist because with Simon t you could not even make a defensive player. It was only offense based shit. You had to make a certain build only. So FHM is the reason I am in the simulation hockey league as of right now. Now if we go to randomness of Simon t there is a chance I do not win my two rings. Which would kinda suck. Although this means we could have won a ring in the j with anchorage armada which would have been awesome. I am thankful we are in FHM because my player has found success in being a defensive staple for not only the Hamilton Steelhawks but also the defensive leader for the Phillidelphia Forge. Which would not have been the case for Simon t because I would have had to make the same offensive defenseman everyone else made.
+3

3+3+3+4+3=16 total TPE

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:05 AM by Jedi.)

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

It's been a strange season for me. The days have all blended together and my involvement in the squad hasn't been what I wanted it to be. Not because of management, but rather because of off-ice issues. I've had a few run-ins with the law, and my mind's just been clouded. Too many things going on at once and I began to overload. To many fingers in too many different pies they all started to taste the same. Hopefully some time in rehabilitation will help. I just need a break from all this extraneous shit and I can focus on what's important; the ice. In any case, the organization has been helpful in getting me back on track and I cannot thank them enough. Soon I will be able to repay them, but until then I just need to get my nose back to the grindstone. My time will come, I'm sure of it.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

I'm going to assume that with the pokeification of the SHL that brings along with it the Legendary category, so I'm going to fill my team with Tanakachu, Stinsomon, Goodyx, Windsaur, and Muellermence, and Vikstoise. This indomitable squad was favored by legendary Blizzard City Gym-Leader and member of the Northern Elite Four, Cole Reinhart. Fabled for it's impenetrable defensive coverage, if I'm going to follow in such an illustrious trainer's footsteps I've gotta take make the same strides. They'll be hard to find, and even harder to capture, but the defensive capabilities are too good to pass up. No one really approaches battles with a control style anymore so I think that would give me the upperhand on my way to collecting the Northern League badges. Along the way I might pick up a Jukkyu for potent debuffing and a Yosh for good vibes on my journey. They're cute little things.

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
Personally, and I say this absolutely from a personal standpoint disregarding any sound logic or reason, but my personal stance is that "everyone makes it" is insanely cringe just on its face and ostensibly makes the season somewhat less enjoyable and making playoffs less rewarding. I realize it isn't practical, because people would get bored of the sight or whatever if they're on a dogshit team or if they just barely miss they'll feel bad about it and it'll potentially decrease the interest newbies have in the league itself. This is just my personal opinion though and it's totally devoid of objective reasoning. I realize, like I said, that it isn't really feasible, but I'd like it better if it were.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I expect Japan to do very well in this upcoming IIHF tournament. They've gone through a lot of growth not just over the last few seasons, but between this season and last and they played extremely well in their last outing. I expect them to build and improve on that result and pretty soundly wind this season's tournament. It'll be pretty interesting, however, to see if anyone around them has also gone through any marked improvement. Japan's a group of returning stars that's gotten much better, but it's also possible for some hidden gems to show up in the same way they themselves did and play bracket buster. As far as players go, I expect Ryuuji Minamino to pop off as he usually does. I'm not saying this from any point of logic, just that I actually don't know who the good players are and I assume he's good because I think he has been in the past. We'll see.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Hugo would almost certainly have been worse off in the STHS era versus now. Goalies kinda don't seem to matter much as far as their builds go but the opposite was true in the STHS era. At least insofar as you can get away with a lot less now in terms of activity to performance ratio than you could back then. I don't think any sub 1300tpe goalies were getting any accolades that I remember, you kind of had to stack tpe and get juiced stats at like the right ratios or whatever it was. JY always made it seem like some 400IQ type shit so I really am just talking out of my ass but I can tell you I could get much further with this amount of tpe now than I could then. I can say that for sure. As for my other players, well I think JRT would have been god-tier anyway. Maybe even moreso in FHM. The rest would have sucked in any version.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

MVP should go to Elizabeth Doyle. I don't know if it did or not, you got me twisted if you think I'm lookin that shit up, but she kinda popped off in net. I respect it. Maybe I'm a little biased because we're both netminders, but that kinda average and save percentage is kinda wild especially looking at the field. She absolutely played better than every other goalie that suited up and it's not even close. Actually, it might be close, I don't actually know I didn't really look into that deep. In any case, big wins, big save percent, big goals against average, she's got my vote on all counts.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

yummy

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085968

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:04 AM by ViN.)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: 8cGOHry.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: 3V0uORa.png]

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

I’m going to criticize Chicago here while I have the chance. I’ll be completely honest; I really just don’t like the yellow. While yes, I’d say it’s a bit unique as there aren’t many other teams that utilize the color as their primary team color, there’s good reason for it, it doesn’t look great. I have spoken.

56 Words.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: pxL1f2r.png]

Code:

Verification: Reap

Code:

Milestones Link (Click Me): 5/7 +3 TPE

16/16 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 06:33 AM by krazko.)

Code:

This season was a tough one for Calvin Hobbes due to various reasons. He struggled to find the motivation to play hockey and he was showing up the practices just to earn the required TPE to maintain his leading role in the draft class. Additionally he was super busy off ice with family visiting multiple times and often being away from home, even on the off days for the team. To top it all off he lost is old grandma towards the end of the season, while it was expected it is always tough to lose someone close.
On the upside though Calvin finally started to really produce offensively with 47 points, more than double he has scored any other season. 18 goals and 29 assists put him in the top 5 points scorers for the Wolfpack. While he still has more to give and higher amibtions, it's a good start and a on ice season he is proud of.

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

As the SMJHL is a developmen league for new players and users the best way is to keep the current format where every team makes the playoffs. As a new player, having your season cut short by missing playoffs will take away from the experience in the critical first few months when you're starting in the league. The off season is already long and boring enough without risking an even longer one for our newest users. While it may not be totally fair as the playoff can be very sim luck dependant, it is not the main league and most users will graduate to the SHL where the real challange awaits both players and managers.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

As always I would think my own Sweden will do great, we have a very stacked roster with a lethal offence. The addition of Jimmy Wagner makes the team even scarier for the other teams. Calvin Hobbes has grown a lot and should by now be a contributing factor to the team. But the biggest stars for team Sweden will still be the old guard, Wagstrom, Söderberg, Krashwagen to name a few. Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. who was amazing during the regular season will prove a key part of the Swedish defence, backed by youngsters Bjerg and Oscarsson the defence will prove difficult to overcome! Finally guarding the net, the ever present Jobin backed up by St. Ark makes the entire team deadly.
Henrik Lekberg Osterman will continue his point scoring tendencies from the regular SHL season and will be one of the key players for the other teams to stop.
For other teams, the biggest question I have, is, will Mitchell van der Heijden continue his dominance he showed in the SHL over in the IIHF or is the team a big part of why he was so dominant?

Code:
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a, As much as it pains me to say it, they both deserve to be in the final. Buffalo from their continued dominance, great trades and ability to keep on top of their game for so long whne everyone is chasing them. Chicago from rising up and becoming one of the scariest teams in the league

b, To me, the most impressive is how long Buffalo has managed to stay on top of their game, even when it looked like Hamilton were coming to take the throne the Stampede has continued to grind and show a preserverence that is mighty impressive. As a memeber of another team, it's extremely frustrating to continue seeing Buffalo being so dominant, but that just further shows how impressive the feat is!

c, The Buffalo stampede logo is quite honestly boring, the colours don't go too well together, they blend in one another making it difficult to see. The Buffalo in the logo is not detailed enough and a lot more could be done to truly create an amazing logo! The poor colour scheme follows through to when the Stampede wins the cup and the site is following their colour scheme making the site difficult to read and follow

d, Best player in a sim league is difficult to say, as it is so sim luck dependant, I will chose to give the award to the best person (I've interacted with) from the teams, sköldpaddor and Gunnar Söderberg! Such and including and amazing member that continous to be helpful and try their best to make everyone have a good time in the LRs. With Söderberg Chicago has a real LR leader that is difficult to match

Code:

Hobbes

Code:

1 TPE: Milestones

TPE: 3 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 = 16

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 07:28 AM by Katth.)

1. 3 TPE
Where to start with the downs. We started the season horribly and we thought we were doing something completely wrong and started doubting ourselves if the path we had set out for the season was good enough. But there came the ups. We changed up some of our tactics and they seemed to work. Also it looked like FHM was picking up our morale from the locker room cause it kept getting better and better. Halfway through the season we knew we could beat Los Angeles and claim the division title if we had the sim gods by our side. Then the opportunity came a long to make a big trade on the deadline. In the end the trade was pretty hard to accomplish and we had to involve 5 teams total to make it happen. Minutes before the deadline the trade was put up, but was ultimately declined by HO because it wasn't worded correctly and that was it. We ended up winning the division, but if this trade happened we probably wouldn't have.

5. 2 TPE
The SMJHL is in me eyes completely different compared to the SHL. The SMJHL is the place where new players start, get to learn the site and onboard in their SHL journey. An off season can be hella long if your team doesn't make the playoffs, so in that case I think all teams should make the playoffs. Because winning should not be the primairy goal of any SMJHL team, retention of players should be priority number one. Every team making the playoffs will keep new players entertained and connected to the site and league, so that would be the proper thing to do.

6. 3 TPE
This seasons IIHF tournament I don't think there will be many surprises. There's a few good nations out there and they have dominated the IIHF tournament the last few seasons, while smaller nations keep on struggling to get new players and are just participants and sometimes even cannon fodder. So the teams that will do well:United States, Japan and Sweden. Perhaps Germany or Canada can cause an upset. My own nation Austria is far down the ladder. Top players are regression and the youth players aren't even unbanked yet to make a proper impact on the tournament. The future does look bright as we've had quite a few new players join the nation in the last few seasons, so not all hope is lost at the moment. I just hope some other nations will win the tournament from time to time as this tournament is even more boring than it already was.

13. 2 TPE
I know who won, but I didn't follow any of the games to know which of the players performed really well that should deserve the MVP award. So in that case I will just pick someone from the winning team, Buffalo (damnit). And the player I pick is.... Aron Hernadivic. Though this is based on completely nothing, nothing at all. He's a cool name I guess, but I don't even know if he's scored any goals this series. I couldn't give a rats ass who won the cup after we got eliminated in the round before the finals unfortunately peanut butter.

15. 3 TPE
Katth

17. 3 TPE

Claim 3

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:04 AM by Halkohol.)

Code:

The best would have been to keep the current SMJHL playoff format where everyone makes it. The J is supposed to be more welcoming and therefore the thing that everyone makes the playoffs is a lot more fun than being knocked out. Sadly, with the J only having two expansion teams FHM makes this an impossibility. Not all teams can make playoffs any longer thanks to one of the horrible design decisions that was made for FHM 6. That is why the 12 team route has to be the one to follow because it is better to leave two teams out instead of six.
(104 words)
Code:

I find IIHF always so difficult to figure out. Because of the relatively limited time the tournament is given compared to the regular season it is always difficult to guess or estimate. Not having a full idea of where every player in the league plays makes it difficult as well. I am of course as I always say going to say that Sweden are a very good candidate for a good performance, especially since we very recently managed to get the transfer of Jimmy Wagner to Sweden. Other teams I expect to do well are the big IIHF nations as well. USA and Canada in particular. They seem to be very basic choices for when you create your player and so bring in both a lot of new users as well as old veterans which means they are usually topping the list in TPE. As for players, I think the Swedish trio of Krashwagen, Wagner and Yxskaft will be the ones to look out for. 
(165 words)
Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

"FHM "baby"" here. I have truly no idea where my career would have been if I joined into the nightmare that seemed to be STHS. On one hand, the randomness could have been fun to experience and bring some parity to the league. On the other side it would also be incredibly boring to make a player with the weird ass point system that was used in Simon T. I am not saying that FHM is a perfect sim engine in itself. It suffers from some horrible design flaws but it is so much better than the curse that is STHS. I think I probably would have lost interest in the league if Simon T was the thing we were using now. To rely on so much randomness does not seem fun. At least in FHM if the performance is bad there is usually a good explanation and something that will be resolved with time or some attempts at tinkering with tactics.
(162 words)
Code:

The dominance by Buffalo of course. Yes, the Chicago team might be young but 15 seasons is plenty to get the team into a competetive position, just as they have done. Keeping a team competetive for 20 seasons straight is however a more difficult task since it requires good prep in many ways that isn't just to aim for a specific window.
(62 words)
Code:

Halkoholic
Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Look I love beer as much as the next guy, okay maybe even more. I bet Luke loves beer too, if not, just more for me. We're doing a huge pub crawl to try out all kinds of fun stuff, get wasted and lost in the city. Dining will most likely be a very romantic one where we are both very drunk and decide that the pub we are in will suffice for food. It will most likely be some kind of burger as that seems to be the most go-to food in pubs. The only problem with this date is that there is a big risk Luke gets drunk enough to not remember the wonderful date and will demand a new one which might spiral into an eternal date cycle.
(131 words)
Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086052 
(+2 TPE)

Tasks: 5, 6, 7, 12b, 15, 16 and 17.
TPE: 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 16

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]