Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-21-2021, 01:02 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:14 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Shocker that HAM gets a favorable ruling yet again

I've seen enough Formula 1 to know HAM always gets favorable rulings

Okay but Seb is the best

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-21-2021, 12:54 AMToast Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:44 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 1. I was alerted by the group to join the discussion and it went from there.
2/3. I don't think you can make decisions based on if a GM will be there or not. You can use that reasoning for every punishment because no one knows if a GM will in place by any specific time.
4. On site PMs, Discord DMs are the same thing. PM contract agreements have always been the standard. Listen, you can forge anything if you're good enough. If any of the prospects want to come forward and claim the GMs doctored the screenshots, we would welcome them with open arms. If that were ever the case, every book would be through at the culprits.
5. I mean, we've overturned HO decisions before during appeal processes. Outside of this one taking place before a ruling was announced, I don't see why anything would make you feel like that's not the case.

1. This doesn't answer the question. Who is "the group"? Why do they decide when to call in reinforcements and hand over punishments?

2. This is garbage. You all should've considered how far out this punishment was and if you were all comfortable with this shame on you.

4. Good to know!

5. The difference is no process took place here. You skipped the punishment and appeal phase and felt so strongly about this that we skipped to owner ruling. Sure, it may have ended up there regardless but to skip right there shows desperation. Then on top of that most of owner group checks this site once in a blue moon so no way they commented.

1. Sorry, Head Office. I thought that was clear. They were having the discussion, tagged me after a while, I gave them my thoughts.
2/3. The punishment is the team's next available 2nd round pick. If HO want to change the rule so that if a pick is (x) amount of seasons away it changes to a first, that's their prerogative.
5. I would like to point out that Teddy and I never said, we're not going to let you announce this. I was asked for my opinion on the matter and gave it, that's it. If HO just thought since Teddy and I felt the same way there was no point, so be it, but never once did we tell them not to do anything. The punishment was discussed with everyone able to give their thoughts. I can't control the activity of anyone in this league. Teddy and I are the ones available so we do we can. If Nour and Luke would like to discuss the owner group all they have to do is tell me.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 5] [Pts 5] [+/- +7] [PIM 8] [Hits 16] [SB 94]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

08-20-2021, 06:14 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Shocker that HAM gets a favorable ruling yet again

#blessed

[Image: image.png]

08-21-2021, 01:03 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:22 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Won't hit 20+, but oof will it feel harsher than the other one

You were saying

guess I'm doing twitter this week

[Image: 3.0]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-21-2021, 12:44 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 2/3. I don't think you can make decisions based on if a GM will be there or not. You can use that reasoning for every punishment because no one knows if a GM will in place by any specific time.

This is why punishments are done as soon as possible in relation to when they are handed out. It was upgraded from a 3rd because it was severe, and when it was realized they didn't have 2nd for even 2 seasons, why was it not then upgraded to a 1st? Or a harsher cap fine? Or carry some sort of GM pay fine with it? Why can this just be thrown a year down the road?

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Dissolve ownership I don’t want to be owned

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

08-21-2021, 01:01 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:52 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: Like I said before, if Nour and Luke want to change things, they can. I am not the supreme being of this league, far from it. I'm hear to help, give advice when they ask, and just be a support for them. I don't make rules, I don't adjust rules, I don't tell them how to do things, nothing. The biggest power I have is helping to hire a new commissioner when one steps down.

08-20-2021, 06:07 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: ...the owners stepped in and performed an expedited appeals process, therefore the decision outlined here will be considered final.

This seems like they don't have the power to change things. In fact it seems like the opposite, wherein you guys have the power to change things they do.

It's considered final because we are the appeals committee. My comment is about the general direction of the league. If Nour and Luke wanted to change the process they absolutely can.

Again, I was called in by HO to weigh in on the discussion. I gave my opinion on the matter, but never once did I tell them that they couldn't make their own decision. If they felt it was pointless because Teddy and I felt the same way, so be it, but it never came from my mouth to tell them to do anything.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

'you can do what you want but since we dont agree it ultimately doesn't matter'

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-21-2021, 01:05 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:44 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 2/3. I don't think you can make decisions based on if a GM will be there or not. You can use that reasoning for every punishment because no one knows if a GM will in place by any specific time.

This is why punishments are done as soon as possible in relation to when they are handed out. It was upgraded from a 3rd because it was severe, and when it was realized they didn't have 2nd for even 2 seasons, why was it not then upgraded to a 1st? Or a harsher cap fine? Or carry some sort of GM pay fine with it? Why can this just be thrown a year down the road?

The addition of probation for 2 seasons was a factor as well. That was added on.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

08-21-2021, 01:08 AMEvok Wrote: 'you can do what you want but since we dont agree it ultimately doesn't matter'

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Truuuuue #VERGang

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-21-2021, 01:04 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 1. Sorry, Head Office. I thought that was clear. They were having the discussion, tagged me after a while, I gave them my thoughts.
2/3. The punishment is the team's next available 2nd round pick. If HO want to change the rule so that if a pick is (x) amount of seasons away it changes to a first, that's their prerogative.
5. I would like to point out that Teddy and I never said, we're not going to let you announce this. I was asked for my opinion on the matter and gave it, that's it. If HO just thought since Teddy and I felt the same way there was no point, so be it, but never once did we tell them not to do anything. The punishment was discussed with everyone able to give their thoughts. I can't control the activity of anyone in this league. Teddy and I are the ones available so we do we can. If Nour and Luke would like to discuss the owner group all they have to do is tell me.

I don't have anything else to say. I do appreciate the answers though Leafs. I absolutely disagree with how this was handled and the decision but at least we got some information out of this!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

08-21-2021, 01:11 AM39alaska39 Wrote:
08-21-2021, 01:02 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: I've seen enough Formula 1 to know HAM always gets favorable rulings
Truuuuue #VERGang
#Blessed

08-21-2021, 01:11 AMToast Wrote:
08-21-2021, 01:04 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 1. Sorry, Head Office. I thought that was clear. They were having the discussion, tagged me after a while, I gave them my thoughts.

I don't have anything else to say. I do appreciate the answers though Leafs. I absolutely disagree with how this was handled and the decision but at least we got some information out of this!

I want to apologize for my initial response. I didn't mean to make it come off as brushing this all aside. I actually wanted to know what exactly you wanted from me, but I wanted to just be playful and cut the tension. Didn't come across that way.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2

08-21-2021, 01:02 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: I've seen enough Formula 1 to know HAM always gets favorable rulings

Hamilton seeing their penalty get reduced

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]