Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

As this was seen as kind of a rebuilding year, Edmonton is currently under 500 but is still going to make the playoffs. After making the conference finals last season, we knew we were going to drop a bit with 5 rookies coming up and losing Gabe. Thankfully we’re safe for a playoff spot but its looking like we’re either going to face Chicago or Texas and neither of those matchups look very good for us unfortunately. Thankfully we only project to get better from this season on so we should be in good shape for a long time. In terms of trades, we aren’t really looking at anything that would improve the team since we know it’s a down year, but with the extra cap space we have we would be willing to take a contract on with retention in order to get some more draft capital. For the league as a whole, its looking like another HAM/BUF/CHI/TEX season, even with how good BAP has been I would be shocked if one of those 4 didn’t win the cup this season.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Prompt 2
This season has been an interesting one for the Philadelphia Forge, who seem to be finding their way in the league somewhat, having joined through the most recent expansion that the league went through. With a roster that contains a good mix of exciting young talent and proven SHL superstars, the team has had some really strong returns this year and I have been impressed with what the roster has been able to achieve. The team will be poised to make an appearance in the playoffs this season and it might be a good idea to strengthen some areas of the side if the Forge want to make a deep run, but at this point I don't think that it's worth it. The trade deadline is never conducive to getting great value returns and with the team set up the way it is, probably best for the team to move forward with the roster they've got and let the young guys gain some more playoff experience to build off.

169 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Prompt 2: The season is going well for Calgary, we started slow then went on an insane run and were 1st in the division for a while, now we are battling LA for the top spot, More importantly edmonton is shitting the bed so that's an automatic win for the the Dragons. Down the stretch I don't think we need to make any moves, the additions Izzy made during the off-season are working out great and we've beaten top teams in the league all season, so I think we stick with what we have and go for it. I expect Calgary or LA to win the division, I think we will win our 1st round match up no matter who we play, then it gets interesting, LA, TEX would be tough match ups but I think we have a good chance to beat LA, Texas could go either way but with some luck we can pull it off. Chicago may have our number in the conference finals but we have beaten them this season so we can definitely take them out. Should be a fun end to the season and playoffs. Don't sleep on the Dragons!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Code:
PROMPT #2
I actually feel pretty good about New England's chances this season. I think we have shown glimpses of what we can do and we have played pretty competitively. We are certainly not a pushover and no team can take the day off with us so I think that brings some excitement to the locker room since we can play spoiler to anyone on any given day. As far as trades goes, man, I don't know. I would love to be able to add more goal scoring, another defenseman and shore up goaltender, but honestly, that comes at a cost in the locker room and I don't think any of those moves are really in our cards. I think we just hold what we have, keep building the team around the core that we have and the good times will happen naturally. Besides, one player won't change the team unless it is a complete steal with a top rated player that is given for next to nothing (which just ain't going to happen).

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 02:53 PM by sulovilen.)

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Well, the Pacific division is still wide open. LA and CGY are neck to neck battling for the first spot, while us and Seattle are basically tied for the third spot. So it will be a hard fight and the playoff matchups probably will not be decided until the final gamedays. Conference-wise it is clear that we will not be in the top-4, but the number five spot there is out in the open, between us, Seattle and Minnesota. Los Angeles and Calgary seem like the most likely matchups for SFP if I'm reading the standings correctly. Both would be tough and interesting opponents. Definitely it would be a bit easier to avoid playing Chicago or Texas, which are the clear top guns in the Western conference. So there is definitely a lot at stake in the final stretch. We have a couple home games in hand, so that is obviously a good thing. Regarding trades, I don't think we need at least any big ones at this point. We're not quite contenders yet, but if there arises an opportunity to make us stronger for the playoffs AND for the upcoming seasons, I'm pretty confident that we will have our eyes and ears open.

[Image: sulov.gif]

WSBL Affiliate (negs)

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

Texas is doing pretty good compared to last season (almost equal) but compared to other teams around us, we haven't been performing as well, so there's a little bit of a perception that this is a "down" season, despite being on pace to just fall a win or two short of last years totals. Chicago has skyrocketed to the top, already surpassing their point totals from last season and on pace to break Hamilton's 115 from last season as well. Under Chicago, things are a lot more muddled with 2 through 5 only 4 points apart.  Texas fell to 5th after yesterdays sim, but could easily jump up to 2nd again. With a 12 point lead on LAP, Texas is practically locked into 2nd in the West, behind Chicago. Based on the current standings we would face the winner of Calgary vs Minnesota.  We currently have a 3-0-1 record against Minny, so that looks good as a matchup, Calgary we have a 1-1 record against with one more game to go. No matter what happens it will be hard to get past Chicago.  We currently hold an 0-3-1 record against Chicago.

[Image: hudson.png]

Prompt 1

Last time, the Grizzled Vets got the better of us, as they had tricks up their sleeves that we hadn't seen. They might be old, but they had experience and the wiliness to use them. Gabriel Johnson managed to make me look foolish as he nutmegged the puck past me and joined in on an odd-man rush, leading to the game-winning goal.

However, this time we were wise to their tricks, and used our physical advantages to overcome their old men bodies. It was a tight game, with both sides playing crushing defense, and there was a lot of back-and-forths on the ice. We got a little chippy too as we didn't want to let the old farts win. The game-winning goal was probably a bit of a dirty play, but the ref wasn't looking and I managed to slow Aaron Wilson long enough for our scoring winger Ryuuji Minamino to break free and let off a wicked shot, which bounced off both posts and in, for the game-winning goal. Wilson was pissed and was yelling at the ref, but there hadn't been a penalty called so we were good in that regard.

Next up... whoever we're facing next.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

The Calgary Dragons have been pretty happy with the youth movement and how well everyone has been stepping up in the quote on quote rebuild. The trade deadline, the Calgary Dragons are going to sit and be contempt with what they have as they do not want to risk the future and the success they have right now. “It feels good to have the backing of the team as a whole, they could have went out and got another veteran goalie, in case Cale gets hurt. But nope they saw that I can handle it and if needed I can take over”. “The season is almost over, and we are excited how we can handle ourselves in the playoffs, I think many people wrote us off at the start of the season, but we proved many people wrong and established ourselves”. Fans can only wait to see what the new step these dragons can bring.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Prompt 2 and honestly i am really proud of the Baltimore Plattoon looking like we are going to beat the cheating bastards in Hamilton Steel Chickens and Buffalo which is lovely to see. I do not know if we will be able to keep this up but I guess we will find out. It looks like this may be a fun playoff run unless this game just hates fun.

I do not know if any teams will do any trades but even if they do a trade I would not probably see them so I doubt I would get that affected by it truth being told.

I think it is fairly obvious that we will most likely face the winner of Buffalo and Hamilton if they are the 2nd and 3rd seeds and then the engine probably fucks the BAP team over with whoever the winner is beating a shitty team in the other conference. But maybe we can get the championship this year. It would be nice for that to happen for once. Just once.

[176 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Prompt 2 (Kahn on PBE)
The playoff race is certainly starting to come together. Teams vying for playoff spots, seeds and byes, the last third of the season is sure to be interesting. For the Baltimore Platoon, we still have a lot of work to try to get the President’s trophy. Being the top team in the standings at the end of the season is a nice little bragging rights prize. We can take that momentum into the playoffs and make our off-season journey a lengthy one in regards to play hockey. We want to be playing hockey more so than playing golf. Going deep in the playoffs would be nice. I am not sure what trade deadlines will happen. Which teams will be forced to move some of their stars in hopes of future resources turning into good players and draft capital. Sometimes you see a team pull the trigger on a trade and it can go a few different ways. On one hand, the team might be improved and help your team have a shot at playoffs. On the other hand, even though you are improving the team on paper, the chemistry can be messed up and cause problems and even worsened performance on the ice. It’s always a risk when making these trade deadline moves.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

PROMPT 2

Well, with the trade deadline long in the past for juniors, I will examine the Great Falls Grizzlies' deadline. Their deadline was actually incredibly quiet, with no movement whatsoever. In fact, the most recent transaction involving Great Falls was their picking up of a free agent goaltender by the name of Hank Stopper, who has played excellent in his first several games for the Grizzlies, notching an impressive record of 4-1-0, with a save percentage over .940. Since Great Falls made no moves at the deadline, one might think they were content to ride out the rest of what's been a fairly mediocre sophomore season for the expansion team, but the players have had other ideas. Since the deadline, Great Falls has been on a tear, going from a measly record hovering around the .500 mark, to a record of 33-24-1 through 58 games, going 8-2-0 in their last 10 games. The Grizzlies look poised to make a late run up the standings for a favorable first round matchup - or even a division title, if Carolina stumbles.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PT ISFL +

Quote:
Citadelles