Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

I'm sticking with the dual prompt thingy for this season. With all of the prompt 1s over the season, I will allow the option to build a season long narrative if you stick with these prompts. Feel free to jump over to prompt 2 any time you don't feel you can continue, or jump over to prompt 1 if it feels fun to write about. Anyways, here we go.

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- The round robin came and went, and no matter how your team fared, everyone gets a shot at the glory. The elimination bracket has begun and your first opponent is the Grizzled Vets (Up-and-Comers if you are on this team). You have already played against this team, and should know what to expect. Spoiler alert: You win!!

Written Task: This is a huge win, since there are four teams, you are headed to the finals! How did the game go, how did your team approach it, and how will you celebrate? Run down the game and the final score, and any big plays that led to the win.(150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a graphic depicting a great moment from this win. Celebrating in the locker room, game winning goal, any big moment you choose. Write the final score in your graphic, as well as identifying 3 players in your picture.

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words)

Graphic Task: Create a graphic highlighting how your team is doing this season. Better, worse than expected? Include 1 player render and 3 stats that highlight this season for your team.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 12:42 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Prompt 1: 
Well the guys and gals all went to the salon before the game and got bikini waxes in preparation for the absolute stomping we were about to put on the grizzled vets. We were all prepping to drop the meat trick for the fans and needed to be looking our best for the camera. I went to my longtime guy, Sampson. He creates the cleanest of creases you will ever find in the business. We were all set up to go in the ice, secretly looking fresh. We have dominated the grizzled vets and the puck has been in their zone constantly. Their first line was still on the ice was gassed from the constant pressure and five minutes in Zoltan Topalo starts off the scoring. Jaska Seppula and the buffalo squad was the next to score a few minutes later making our lead 2-0. It was difficult seeing eko van otter perform as a shell of his former self...but we were not going to let that stop us.  Zoltan then rattles off back to back goals starting in the second period giving him the hatty. We then start fooling around and it gets midway through the third period and everyone is rallying Trying their damndest to set up Zoltan for the 4 goal night. He kept hitting post after post and it felt like the grizzled vets were just playing prevent to stop the goal. Then all of a sudden a Zoltan finds the back of the net with 20 seconds to go and he does it. He whips it out and starts stroking it in true Joe Thornton celebration. The bench erupts and we celebrate like we just won the whole tourney! It was a night to remember.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 12:52 PM by ZootTX.)

Prompt 2

The San Francisco Pride made quite a lot of moves in the offseason, in an effort to be a lot more competitive this season as we are entering what we hope to be a window in which we are competitive. Unfortunately we haven't had quite as much success as maybe we'd hoped for but we are still in the thick of the playoff race. Even though we've made the ploofs the last two seasons, we've always been a really low seed and so have struggled to win, so it would be really nice if this season we could be a bit of a higher seed so we don't get demolished yet again in the first round. I'm not sure who we would face, but I think we would be happy as long as it is not Chicago or Texas, who we've had the displeasure of facing the last few seasons. Personally this season has also been a bit of a disappointment for me and hopefully I can heat up a bit!

178 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 09:43 PM by mer.)

Prompt 1

The celebrations after the Up-and-Comers beat the Grizzled Vets are ongoing. It was hard fought, but the youngsters learned from their previous defeat. They practiced scenarios until they were second nature. When Fiske had the puck, he knew McHits would be on his right as they skated across the blue line. Jammin and Rashford would stick to the blue line and slapped shots until their sticks broke.

The game itself was a monster, everyone was on edge. The Vets scored first in the second period, after a tense first period. Jarrow answered back just before the end of the period, and the Up-and-Comers entered the third period hungry for a win. They got a break when Thomason tripped Jammin, and scored on the power play. Vets scored on a breakaway minutes later, and with two minutes left the youngsters pulled their goalie. They could skate harder than the Vets with another man on the ice, and with seconds left, they found their opening. Rashford slapped it hard and McHits tipped it in. Final scored was 3-2 and the Up-and-Comers celebrated with pizza. Many pizzas.

[183 words]

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

I believe the end of the season for the Edmonton Blizzard is going to be staying the course. The Blizzard have a young team and have many rookies at the top of the rookie scoring race. The Blizzard are looking to next season or maybe even next possibly. The Edmonton Blizzard will stand pat and just watch their prospects develop. The Edmonton Blizzard need to keep winning games they should to keep themselves running to the playoffs. The Blizzard will likely get eliminated in the first round but it will be good experience fro their young players. I believe the Blizzard will end up facing the Chicago Syndicate which is not ideal but it will be once again a good experience for a young team. The Blizzard are getting good seasons from their veteran top players so the Blizzard should be happy with their season even if it results in a first round exit which is looking to be the case right now.

(162 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Prompt 2
The Newfoundland Berserkers are currently sitting at second place in the league and have flirted with first place a number of times so far. This has been an incredible team effort for the team with no one really standing out as the best scorers and everyone on the team contributing on the scoresheet. We are the premier defensive team in the league with only 93 goals against after 49 games, a whole 37 less than the second place NBB at 130 goals against. our vets are killing it and so are all of our highly active rookies.  I believe that if we stay the course, we can be champions this season. There are a few teams up at top that will try and compete with us but none of them compare with the season that the Zerks are having. The only improvement that I can see us doing at the trade deadline is to try and improve our scoring, we are third in the league in goals for and getting to first will make us no doubts for the next champions. I wouldn't try and mess up this team too much though, what we're doing is working and we're looking like winners out there.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

I don't think that Nevada will be making any significant trades as we approach the trade deadline. In fact, I believe that the team is in the best possible place they can be. Short of trading for a rental, which would be ill-advised since the team already needs to think about rebuilding with the bulk of us being S61? I think, there isn't much more that they can do to prepare for the rest of the season. Making sure that all of us continue to update and earn isn't necessarily the biggest focus for the GMs right now, as many of us are already at our caps, but for a few of our younger players, being able to get to that 325 cap will be very important and crucial. Short of that, it's going to be us just continuing to play as smart as we possibly can and hoping that shots and penalty minutes go our way, instead of our opponents way.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Once again, the S55 Coomers are getting their asses beat by the Grizzled Vets. They fell for the ol brown pill trick by Vet captain Michael Fitted once again. On top of that, Colin Lambert got injured in the second period. As a classic in-game prank, Lambert and Matt Foley were put on the jumbotron and featured on the Kiss Cam. Lambert leaned in, but was shoved away, causing him to break his leg. They sat in the locker room feeling defeated. Should they even go out for the third period? In trots Air Bud, sporting skates and a team Coomer’s jersey. They found their new defenseman. And as we all now, there’s technically no rule against a dog playing hockey. They went out for the third period and won in dramatic come-from-behind fashion. Air Bud was the key they needed. He couldn’t skate or shoot for shit, but he was able to distract the Vets with his cuteness for just enough time for the Coomers to come back and win the big game. Yay.

175 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 02:14 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words)

PROMPT 2

With the regular season nearing its conclusion for S62, the Kelowna Knights are around the middle of the pack compared to the rest of the SMJHL. In fact we are actually 7th out of 14 teams as of this post in the J standings! We had a recent hot streak not long ago but now have been facing tougher competition where games have gone either way but at least a lot of those were tight games. I'm not in the Kelowna war room for trade talks, but I believe that our cup window would be next season and not this season. So hopefully we don't make that big of a splash this season if it means we have to give up a good player or future draft picks. 

The playoffs are approaching and that means people will begin looking at matchups. It would be poetic justice if we can face the Colorado Raptors this season and defeat them as they swept us last season in the 2nd round. I hope I get to be on the ice when Zayne Dangle as well so I can show him who the future defensemen for the Montreal Patriotes will be.

(197 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

The trade deadline this season will probably be a quiet one for San Francisco. We made a lot of big moves in the offseason to bolster our team as it approaches its prime, but the changes didn't quite push us to a point where we would look to buy more players for a deep playoff run. We're definitely not in the market for selling either, so our best option will probably just be to wait things out and see how good we look next season. In terms of a potential playoff matchup, this is the first season in a long time where the Pride are looking to hold a top three spot in the division and avoid a wild card spot which would lead to going up against a top team in the west. Although there's still plenty of season left to determine the spots, it looks like San Fran will have a comfortable place at 3rd in the Pacific. It'll be a toss-up whether we face Calgary or Los Angeles in the first round, but if I had to guess I'd say we will face the Dragons.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

This is a monstrous win for us. We struggle throughout the initial part of the tournament, but the Up-and-Comers were finally able to put together a good enough performance to succeed and get the best out of a team that has more experience than us. This time, we were able to play use our strength in a smarter way than we did in the beginning of these matchups. Our biggest advantage against these teams who are filled with older players is that we are faster than them on average, but in the previous game, they were able to outsmart us, and we only ended up getting tired quickly. This time, we started the game fast and use our speed to position ourselves before they were able to find passing lines and this early pressure led to us intercepting the puck multiple times and we were able to score two goals in the first five minutes of the game from turnovers they committed in the neutral zone by transitioning quickly and scoring on the rush. After, these early moments, we were able to sit a bit deeper and contain them for the rest of the game. We added a goal in an empty net late in the third period to get the 3-0 victory.

213 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

prompt two

the hamilton steelhawks of the simulation hockey league have caught on fire, taking the simulation hockey league by storm as they have won eight games in a row to put themselves second in the north east division, a mere three points behind rivals the buffalo stampede. the team has been led by dynamite forwards rotticus scott (sixty two points), theo morgan (sixty one points), and mitchell van der heijden (sixty points plus the father of new orleans), and a big step up from goaltender a jobin has seen the steelhawks recover from a poor start to the season. this pundit finds it hard to believe that the steelhawks need to make a move, especially with highly touted simulation major junior hockey league prospect jay cue in the farm system. the steelhawks look likely to face the new england wolfpack in the playoffs; van der heijden would personally like to play his old team in the yoffs but you never know who you could face.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 10:54 PM by High Stick King.)

Prompt 2

The Armada have been doing extremely well this season. Much better than I had predicted at the start of the season when I said we would be a playoff bubble team. I thought the loss of a couple of the vets would hurt us more than it has and we've had some help with our rookies having a great season as well as some vets. We are currently sitting 1st in the entire league in a bit of a shock but a good one.

Heading into the trade deadline, I don't think that we will be doing any trades but I don't really have any insider information. The playoffs should be interesting and I would obviously love to get another chance against the 2nd place team, the Berserkers as they were the ones to knock us out of the playoffs last season in round 2. Plus having so many future teammates on that club would add to the excitement of the matchup which likely won't happen unless both of our teams win our first round or 2 of the playoffs.

Not sure what to expect but I am looking forward to it.

[ 198 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Code:
Graphic Task: Create a graphic depicting a great moment from this win. Celebrating in the locker room, game winning goal, any big moment you choose. Write the final score in your graphic, as well as identifying 3 players in your picture.

[Image: 1B08370B-DE31-425D-B94A-B545A2F51F45.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Prompt 2:
In my view, Calgary is in good shape to make a run to the at least the western conference final, but there could be a few issues that may emerge. One concern is with team defense, in which having two young defenders could be costly when you’re going against teams such as Texas and Chicago. I would look to upgrade on team defense by acquiring some high TPE d-men from teams that aren’t doing quite well, such as New Orleans or Manhattan. Another move that I would do is give some of the younger players such as Videl Valor, more minutes, as they have been very productive and also underutilized in Calgary’s scheme. In the playoffs, it seems as if Seattle or San Francisco appear to be the most likely playoff opponent this season, although the division seems very tight at the worst time. The dragons seem to be a dark horse cup contender this season.
(162 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]