Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

For once, I'm excited about the end of the season. For most of Baranov's career, the end of the season just meant that I was stuck being bored for a few extra weeks, waiting patiently for the new season to start in a silent locker room with nothing to do but watch the other teams have fun. Being stuck on bad teams meant that the there was no hot anticipation of play offs like I have now. No hope that if everything clicks, we could go on a run and maybe win it all, even if we weren't favoured or not considered to be 'true cup contenders' there was always that chance. Honestly, my current team isn't a strong contender to win it all this season, we're squeaking into the play-offs on a wing and a prayer. Really though, that's all I need to be happy right now. Just the chance to win the cup makes it all worth while.

160 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

RESO: Hmmm...........To be honest, you may be asking the worst person since I feel that I was ineffective in our run to make the playoffs. However, I can say that Seattle as a whole just dug in capitalising on the points that we shoulg get and fought tooth and nail for the harder matches. First off, hats of to out main man, Kriss Darzins. Kriss has just pieced together a brilliant season to top our points and scoring tally, proving just how good he is to the league. And thankfully, he will have support from the blue lune. Old Man Darrow is still kicking around leading the Argos defense in scoring, and the fruits of our youth is paying off with players like Pojo Buscuit and Kermit Murphy putting in a great run themselves. As for me, just out in on the third line, I hope that I'm chipping in my bit with the 19 points I put in, and who knows, I do feel alot more confident with my time here. Looking forward to the playoffs, maybe we can break some brackets.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Being on the Grizzled Vets it was considered a bit of coup to defeat the up and comers. They had an edge on us physical but we made up for that with experience and expert positioning. My line (the 3rd line) played way out of our minds and really took it too the up and comers. We controlled along the boards and did really well at shuting down the passing lines, in fact there were a few times where we were able to bait the younger players into dangerous passes that usually ended up going our way. That's not to say that we played perfect because we didn't. We made our own mistakes and a few times it cost is but we did manage to get under their skin and het them to take a few dumb penalties. All in all they were a very good team and I'm happy that we are moving onto the next round.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Prompt 2

Coming to the end of what has felt like a very short season, I find myself once again disappointed with Lenny Hawk and his performance throughout the season. The Carolina Kraken had a shaky start, and as I have given out about more than enough in these posts we did indeed have a rough start. However, Lenny's struggles seemed to hold on much longer, at one point having the most giveaways in a season. Thankfully, Lenny has found his defensive game and had a strong rebound, but went scoreless in his last 7 games.
The team is feeling very confident going into playoffs. I don't know who we're facing because in reality it does not matter, they are but a list of names to us. We will roll through them just as we rolled through everyone else (except the nights we got lit up but jokes on you we was resting). No trades, this unit goes in just as we did all season - Kraken out dubs.

prompt 2:

[Image: xzR81Y4.png]

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

Apparently one third of the season goes by in a week... heh... anyway, our team had a pretty decent push in the last half to third of the season. We were struggling to break through .500 the whole season, always a game or few behind, but turn it around down the stretch. A couple unfortunate losses the last couple days, but we still ended up with a decent record. My player also stepped up quite a bit, I was looking at a 30 point season but ended up with 50 or something without much PP too. We have a decent 1st round matchup in the playoffs ahead of us where we could potentially pull out a win, it's not like were playing Texas or Chicago or anything. Beyond that we'll have to see where the hockey gods take us. I don't expect us to get all the way or anything but theoretically we could make a splash and win a series or two which would be cool, it's been a while since I've had a chance to do that.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

With the end of the season staring us right in the face, now is definitely the time for our roster to get healthy and focus on the playoffs. While everyone wants to have a good regular season both statistically and otherwise, the whole thing is wasted if we don't combine it with an elite playoff run and hopefully a chance at the ultimate prize. So now is both the time to take stock of how we've done, the goals that stand before us, and time to take a little extra time to get healthy and focus on what's ahead of us. As for our opponent, right now we're trying to just play our best brand of hockey and not worry about who we might be potentially matched up with. If we just play to the Steelhawk standard, it won't matter who we play and we'll have more than a decent shot at repeating as champions and kick start a dynasty that might not end any time soon. So no matter what happens, we're just trying to stay focused, end the season strong, and hopefully keep up our run as one of the league's best playoff franchises.

196 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

After last game against the Vets, it's a pretty clear message as far as "keep it focused" throughout the entire game. Also--work it down low and skate them. After... recent changes I'm 90% sure these old guys have lost a step compared to us young S55's. Seeming a bit tired and the like, their game is a bit weaker. They're old, so just make em work. With everything on the line, that's exactly what the young guns did. They skated them early without a lot of gains, the only result being a penalty that carried over into the second, and naturally the early bird gets the worm and they capitalize on that opportunity. But that's not all, they end up potting 2 more cause they're young, cooler, and better than the veterans. They take that dreaded 3-goal lead into the third, and despite heavy pressure and a goal by the senior citizens, the young guns hold on for a 3-1 victory. Young is better, that's all there is to it. Off to the finals they go, baby.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

PBE Affiliate (itztimg)

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

WSBL Affiliate

PBE PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]

Well, the season is already over at the time I write this. And it was an okay one, with Colorado finishing off a 36-22-8, not as good as the record season in S61, but still good enough to be in the mix for contending. Unfortunately, we were not that close to claiming the #1 seed in the division for the bye, so we will be facing off against the Quebec City Citadelles, who were a real strong team last season but sold a bit at the deadline. Nonetheless, I think it'll be an intense matchup for both sides. For the deadline, we picked up physical and gritty defenseman Kayden Pale from the Citadelles to bolster the back end. He's been a great addition to our 2nd line pairing and should play some big minutes in the playoffs 5v5 and on the penalty kill. I really need to get going in the playoffs, I had a real bad season this time around.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...entry11499