Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Well, I was in the SMJHL playoffs, and I can confirm that we did want to win the four star cup. Unfortunately, in the real world we did not, and we lost in the 2nd round to the Carolina Kraken. In fantasy land though, as in the real world the first round went the same way - we go through with a pretty smooth sweep of the St Louis Scarecrows. We only gave up 4 goals in 4 games (2 shutouts) and even in fantasy land I don't think I would have expected such a dominant result. Now as we divert from reality, to get past Carolina, our defense and goaltending showed up strong, and we were able to win some games and get out with a 6 game series win. Since all the other bye teams take a W, Kelowna would end up against Vancouver. The 2 teams were pretty equal on defense during the season, but our offense wasn't as strong. But when it counted, our offense showed up and we were able to grind out a 6 game series win once again. It's only fitting then that the finals led to a matchup of the Ciarelli division, the strongest division by far this season (3 of the top 6 teams) and it is Anchorage vs Kelowna. We had a pretty even season series against them, and that led to a 7 game series where Kelowna came out on top in overtime thanks to a goal by Petr Svoboda.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]

Prompt 1

So the final is here. The Superstars are waiting. They slept easy and well knowing their opponents are the Elite Up-and-Comers from S55. We (the Up-and-Comers) fought hard to get here. I think some teams overlooked us thinking we were just some young guns with undeveloped talent. But we proved ourselves the entire way. This final is going to be one for the ages. But we are ready. Main line players Raiden, Nikiforov, Kristjansson, Foley, Murphy are pumped in the locker room and start headed to the ice.

Period 1- Score 0-0

This period was kind of testing each other. Trying to feel them out. No one really took a risk. Both teams controlled the puck well. Not much on the physical side either. A couple big shots by Teddy Murphy. 

Period 2 - Score 0-1 Superstars

The Superstars came out flying in the 2nd. Led by Aaron Wilson and Ryuuji Minamino, the Superstars capitalized on a Lord Raiden slashing penalty. Wilson took the puck deep into the offensive zone and had a beautiful sauce pass to Minamino right out front, and he buried it. Raiden was very upset about taking the penalty.

Period 3 - Score 1-1 1:37 left

The physicality has picked up tenfold. The Up-and-Comers are grinding and fighting for every puck. Nikiforov took a puck all the way up the ice faked a shot which fooled everyone because he has been pounding the shots at net all game. The fake shot ended up as a slap pass to Kristjansson who was all alone backdoor, and he slammed it home. 
We know have a faceoff in the Superstars zone. Lord Raiden and Mitchell van der Heijden set to go at the dot. Raiden ties him up and gets the puck back to Foley. Foley unleashes a bomb from the blue line. Raiden deflects the puck and Elizabeth Doyle stops it but theres a huge rebound. Raiden corrals the puck, he gets checked in the back, and as he is falling he puts the puck past the goalie... The Up-and-Comers take the lead 2-1. An unbelievable celebration ensues.
The Superstars are stunned. They pull the goalie. so the last minute is an absolute firing range. But we are giving up our bodies and clearing pucks. We hold them off. The S55 Up-and-Comers do it. They win the Championship. Be on the lookout for these elite players ready to fill up the boxscores.

-403 Words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

WSBL Affiliate

Finally, after the dust has settled and the smoke clears, only two teams remain. The Finals of this incredible tournament comes down to the Grizzled Vets and the Current Superstars of the SHL. Going into this thing almost everybody expected the Superstars to be here, it was just a matter of who would survive between the other 3 teams to stand opposite the current elite. Ryuuji Minamino was a goal scoring machine with 4 in this game alone. Mat Smith was able to shut down every scoring attempt until late in the 2nd when a sneaky shot by Tony Pepperoni slipped past the line and gave the Vets some life. Rex Kirkby with a rocket and Steven Moyer potting 2 had the game back within one with just 4 minutes left in the 3rd. The Superstars had seemingly locked it down until Luke Thomason pulled off some slick moves to get in alone with an amazing shot that just missed crossing the goal line before the time ran out and gave the victory to the Superstars. The tournament was an amazing success for everyone who participated or watched it live. Hopefully it will return in the future.

ISFL affiliate PT 5

P1- after winning our last series we now play the hall of fame team team. After a scoreless 60, we got the win in OT. It was our’ third consecutive playoff win against a higher-seeded team, after they topped No. 6 and No. 3 teams. “We came into the playoffs as underdogs, No. 11 seed, and nobody expected us to get too far,” Forge coach said. “But we decided we are playing on the 20th, and we did it.” The 20th, of course, is the date of the state championship game.

“It was a great game, it was a physical game, and it could’ve gone either way in regulation. We had our fair share of chances to score, as did they. Our defensive unit was stellar. I’m glad I could bury the great pass by Cobb to get the win” FN LN said.

We got the win and got the trophy let’s go.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

I mean... for the highest TPE team in the league over in Baltimore (according to my GM's I did not research this claim and do not stand by it if incorrect) it really doesn't matter right? Put us up against anyone in the league and we'll take them out in 7 games or less guaranteed.  A lot of teams will call that hubris, especially when looking at the Platoon's record against some of the other contenders this season, 3-1 against Buffalo for example, or the fact that we finished second in the league thanks in large part to a weak division.  My response to that is who else went undefeated against Chicago this season? Because by my count no one did.  So to come back to the prompt about a playoff bracket to see Baltimore win it all I'll let you choose our opponents because it just does not matter who, when, or where.  Baltimore is gonna take you down.

Oh baby my ideal bracket. I cooked one up that would be my ultimate winning bracket of all brackets. Round 1: Toronto North Stars. They are a good team that would be good on a playoff resume. Would be very good to start out a long long run with a game against a really good team, you know? Like some times you get cupcakes and thats not so great. Good to start off with a good team. Round 2: Buffalo Stampede. easy one here. THe stampede have been our rivals for a long time now, and I've played them in like every playoffs. Easy clap we take them on and win it in 4 to show dominance. Semis: baltimore Platoon. The hammy killers, THese guys are the next big thing in the SHL after their rebuild. WOuld be nice to take them down and show who we are. Championship: chicago syndicate. my old squad. Would loveto cap off a finals against them, and really show the best player from the birds off in myself. Oh yeah. That'd be pretty sick to go back to the draft team and show them up.

[Image: rotti.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...st&p=12055

WSBL. I'm kyle there

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

PBE PT
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 01:30 AM by Blastmeaway.)

PROMT 2

[Image: blank-16-team-single-elimination-bracket.png]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Tough matchups in the J for Regina to make their way to an early cup. I think it's doable but tough. Ideally we would want to match up against teams we had success against during the season and hope that we can fight our way through.

A round one match up versus Anaheim, Nevada or Great Falls could see us pulling a win in seven or even six games. Round two gets harder but taking on whoever is left after round one out of the three mentioned teams should give us our best shot. A final four matchup vs Newfoundland or Kelowna would be our best shot, followed up by a cup final in seven games over whoever is left of the five teams mentioned. It is really hard to gauge as you have no idea how the other series could shake down. Every team is pushing themselves and no team wants to lose in four games.

As Regina moves forward i'd love to see some of these match ups come to fruition soon.

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

At the time of writing this we are already in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Baltimore faced off against Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs. Given the amount of teams that make the playoffs the first round matchups are not always close, but we have had some history with Atlanta in the playoffs recently and they were definitely a worth opponent. The 2nd round is where things get interesting though, and I would have chosen none other than the Tampa Bay Barracuda to play against, our rivals and former neighbors. Assuming we beat Tampa, I think I would like a rematch with Hamilton. They beat us last season in the conference final so we feel like there's some unfinished business there. Finally, in the finals I would want to play either Texas or Chicago, with maybe a slight preference to Chicago. Gotta beat the best to be the best. Shoutout to the Panthers though, it would be fun to play against my former team and if someone were to win it that isn't BAP, I'd be happy for them to do it.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page