Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

The biggest time line split in the career of young Seattle Argonauts defenseman Kermit Murphy was the moment he switched to defense for his rookie season in the SHL. Throughout his junior career, Murphy was an offensive power forward who developed a goal scoring touch, even leading the SMJHL in goals in his third season. It was expected that he'd eventually provide a significant two way force down the middle for Seattle, but instead be was asked to move back to defense due to organizational need, with the hopes that he could model his game after his father, Tig Murphy. We'll never know what could have been had he stayed as a forward, but the change seems to have worked to date, as Murphy is playing a top pairing role for the upstart Argonauts in their franchise best season, two seasons after winning the Ryan Jesster trophy for rookie of the year. Flashes of his former self are still evident in his lethal goal scoring ability, but for now we wait to see if the younger Murphy can live up to the family name on the back end

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Prompt 2

The biggest event that shaped Sven's career was when he was traded to Carolina from Vancouver during his fourth season in the SMJHL. It was a tough change as he had an amazing time in Vancouver and had met some great people. But it really changed the trajectory of his career. In Carolina, one of the best teams in the league at that time allowed Sven to really shine. While playing in Vancouver that season his role was pretty much to do everything. The VAN roster was very new and young, and even though he barely had any seasons under his belt he was expected to be the veteran. But in Carolina there were several multi-season players who played on his level or above. Allowing Sven to focus on what he did best at the time, which was his defensive side. From that Sven was able to figure our the kind of style he wanted to play for the rest of his career. And winning the cup with Carolina was a nice cherry on top.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I sometimes wonder what would’ve happened if Talls didn’t get the Anaheim GM job. Would I still be an Outlaw? That mass exodus that occurred when he got the role resulted in my move to Great Falls. Ultimately, I did request the trade because everyone I knew and the team that I built was essentially gone. What if there was an internal candidate? If someone like Kez took the team over, or Geek even, it would have remained mostly the same, and I think the window of contention would’ve been significant after the effort I put building that team. Talls did an admirable job on a retool on the fly, but there were a few of those deals that I knew he could’ve done better on, especially with such shallow drafts coming up. What would Bjorn’s J career looked like had he remained? There’s a lot of questions to be asked, now that it’s playoffs time in Bjorn’s final season in the SMJHL.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Another me steps through the portal, and he seems just as shocked as I am. I slightly turn my head in confusion, and so too does my doppelganger. I put up my left hand towards him, and he mirrors me with his right. Are we actually acting identical, or is he just fucking with me by doing that acting training technique? At a glance, he is completely identical to me. Same height, same build, same everything. But if he's from another universe or dimension, something has to be different. We start talking, and the differences still don't jump out. We both joined the SHL, both got drafted by GFG in the J, and both were drafted in the first round by MTL. But wait, he was drafted with MTL's 1st pick, where as I went later in the 1st. Why the difference? And the truth comes out...he a defenseman! While I've been crawling and scratching just to stay relevant as a goalie, he has become one of the top D-men in the league and is set to make the jump to the SHL and be in the race for rookie of the year. All those years of "what ifs", specifically if I had stayed a skater, are staring me in the face. I ask if he ever regrets not becoming a goalie. The portal begins closing, and it seems to drag him back in. As he's about to disappear from our reality, he gives me one last answer:

"No, goalie TPE doesn't matter."

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

I looked at him - the spitting image of me. Same hair, same face, same deep blue eyes. 

"How did you get here?" we both asked in unison.

"Okay you go first" - again, in unison.

I held up one finger. He nodded.

"I'm Tommy Tightpants, who are you? Are you me?"

I paused. He seemed confused, as if I should know who he is.

"I'm Tightpants Tommy - did you say you're Tommy Tightpants?"

It was now my turn to be confused. Did this idiot just same my name backwards to me and think I'd fall for it.

"What hand do you play hockey with?" - Again, we were doing that 'in unison' thing. This time he held up a finger, and I nodded.

"I'm a righty"

Now I knew he was just taking the piss.

"Who are you really, and what do you want with me here demon?"

The man frowned. "I was trying to summon you, not the other way around - you told me to "come through the portal"."

I had heard enough, and balled my fists.

"Prepare to die, evil scum!"

And I charged.

(189)

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

Before the season after Sven was drafted, Grapehead stepped down from GM of the San Francisco Pride and Daft Raincloud traded all of the team’s aging talent for lesser value draft picks. The team was thrust into a full blown rebuild and was destined for the bottom of the league standings for many seasons. I was not very excited about this prospect as a player that was going to enter the league on the worst team of the year and have to hope that whoever took over was competent enough to get the Pride into playoff contention. Henrik was named GM of the Pride and told the team his vision for rebuilding through the draft and acquiring talent in FA or trades as we approached a competitive window. I knew Henrik from being teammates on the Raptors and liked the guy, so decided I would give him a fair shake. There were times when I wanted to just leave the team because we were bad and in a rebuild, but I’m glad I didn’t because Sven just had an MVP quality season leading the Pride to a real shot to do damage in the playoffs.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Prompt 2:

One of the major tipping points of Reid's career was when he decided that he would leave the Winnipeg Jets and become a Free Agent. He asked to work with the then general manager, Kez, to be moved on, as he was wanting to take pitches from other teams. Kez decided to let Reid have an early FA, and then he would get traded to the team he chose, to recoup some assets. This was a pivotal time for Winnipeg, as they were just about to announce their rebranding to the Aurora, and they had just made the first sorta deep run to the playoffs since Reid had been drafted. In a different universe, Reid could have chosen to stay with Winnipeg, which might have delayed their collapse. Reid also had a tough choice, where he could have chosen Manhattan, as his good pal JY was in charge there. That ended up in a rebuild once Timmonen got traded, and Reid likely would have been jettisoned from there as well. Reid also could have gone to Texas or Hamilton, and likely would have won a cup or two on the way. Ulitmatley Reid chose to go to Seattle to team up with his Juniors GM and friend Tig, which has profited them greatly, building a strong team which clinched 1st in the division this season. He is now a co GM, and easily made the best chocie for his career

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

[Image: PElkjbk.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Season 53 was a disaster for the Texas Renegades. The past few seasons, the rebuilding Renegades had started sniffing the playoffs again after several seasons of failing to qualify for the post season. However, the switch to FHM in Season 53 saw the Renegades plummet back to the bottom with a franchise low nine wins in the entire season. At this point, Andreas Kvalheim was just entering his prime and wasn't too pleased with either his team's or his own performance. The Renegades ended up back in the playoff hunt the following season, but if they hadn't there was a very real chance that Kvalheim would have requested a move out of Texas. Where he may have ended up is a mystery, but no matter where it's hard to imagine an alternate scenario in which Kvalheim experienced more success than the current timeline, where he's won back-to-back-to-back Dar trophies and multiple Challenge Cups. Maybe he could have won a scoring title somewhere along the way, but you can't be too greedy.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

After the difficult end of the season, Shoyo Hinata decided that he needed to do something. Winning the cup is his absolute dream and it was the dream of all the Colorado captains before him.

So he tried dark magic. He drew a pentagram on the middle of the Colorado raptor's ice and started chanting an incantation. He was trying to summon the perfect Colorado raptors. A portal opened and a small figure emerged. It was him but from a different universe. In this universe, Shoyo Hinata was a defenseman and all he was trying to do was stop the opponent from scoring. In this universe, Shoyo did not score a goal in all his career but he was the corsi master. He had the all-time record for takeaway. It was the complete opposite of our universe Shoyo.

Hinata knew what he had to do. He started the dragon fusion dance. At the same time as his clone. The two of them fuse and become the best hockey player ever.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Into the Simulation Hockey League multi-verse we go. This time, Igor Victory, of the Philadelphia Forge pushes on and opens a strange portal. This portal was located under the ice rinks condensor unit. You see, somehow TURG kicked the pre game soccer ball and it ended up in downstairs. Igor, being the nice guy, decided it was up to him to go down and take care of it. As he went to grab the ball he realized that something was glowing in the corner. As he approached and moved an old bag of pads and skates, he grew wary. As soon as he moved the bag a giant green floating door popped up. Igor stepped inside and was met with none other than...Igor. Except this Igor was no hockey player. No, he was a Kangaroo version of Igor. But everything looked so familiar that Igor was not scared. Igoroo jumped back a little with Igor showed up. They stared at each other for a few moments and decided this was not an okay situation. Their curiousities did not get the best of them. Igoroo hopped away and Igor turned around and walked back out the door.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Prompt #1

As Buck Keithley from a different SHL universe steps through the portal, the original Buck stands in shock as if he was looking in a mirror. No major physical changes appear on this other Buck, as they are both still dashingly handsome just a difference in height, but the paths they are on appear different. This other Buck isn't a grinding two-way forward but is instead a goalie? The original Buck had only ever played goalie during games of pond hockey to see what it was like, but it appears as if this Buck loved it and stuck with it. This other Buck also appears to be wearing a Regina Elks jersey, getting the chance to play for the team they both loved and cheered for growing up. Buck also learns that this other Buck was taking first overall in the SHL entry draft paving the way for a bright future. The other Buck steps through and the two Bucks embrace in a brotherly hug and encourage one another to keep at their paths of greatness as they etch their names into the SMJHL and SHL history books.

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 10:30 PM by Durden.)

If I was to summon another me from a different dimension, I'd expect he'd be me, but with a mustache. I can't really grow one, and it bothers my skin. But this magnificent bastard has the most glorious one in the world. I'd also have to convince him to be on my SHL/SMJHL team so we could be the embodiment of the bash brothers. I'd stay with my plan of being a goal scorer, but get gritty. And I'd make him do the same thing, but an assist king. We'd light up the world.

But one day someone would figure out our evil plan and when we fist bumped after an amazing high low that lead to the championship-winning goal, the portal would open back in and suck off his mustache, and then bring one of us back through. Which one is it? No one knows. That's the best part. We'll take over the world.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

p2

Most recently in this season Zoltan was fighting hard against Burlok Sulfergold for the scoring title in the league. In our current reality, Zoltan was just four goals short of matching Burlok for this record. Earlier in the season there were some prime opportunities for Zoltan to put the puck in the back of the net. Everything would have been so much different for me if I had just put one or two more points into shooting accuracy instead of dumb skills like checking and hitting. This would have allowed me the BOOST in scoring prowess that would have lead me to either tying the scoring title or being able to take the lead away from Mister Sulfergold and steal the title for myself. These key skills would have been imperative in pushing my way to the record. However, this would not have been possible in the first place because at the start of the season. if you had told me I would have been in contention for this title I would have laughed in your face.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]