Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- While experimenting with dark magic one fateful night trying to summon a big tiddy goth gf, a portal opens. Instead of Sam from Danny Phantom, another (less goth) person steps through...

Written Task: You've opened a portal to an alternate universe! Your player from that universe steps through (they were also fucking around with dark magic). What are the differences between the real you and the not real you? One subtle difference? Many big differences? Do you convince them to join you in this universe and play hockey/take over the world? Or do you step into their universe to check it out? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your render and another version of your render from the alternate universe. Describe at least 2 differences with text (and depict them if possible). NO nudity allowed, this is a christian PT

PROMPT 2- Or maybe you decided that meeting yourself would create a paradox that destroys reality as you know it..

Written Task:  There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).

Graphic Task:- Read above and depict this in imagery. Show the changed event and describe with text the one key thing that changed to show this new future.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, February 13rd at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 10:43 PM by hockeyiscool.)

My player from a different universe stepped through. The legendary Offensive lineman, Stumpy  Jones from the Sarasota Sailfish steps through the portal. This stout tree has been a fixture in the international simulation football league for many seasons, winning the championship there and also having 4 consecutive sack less seasons. Stumpy Jones has been dabbling in the reading and has found something in the ancient texts, called the instruction manual. Stumpy Jones comes bearing wisdom that has actually shocked me to my core. Apparently, we are not even real but a construct in a game, we are controlled by some simulation puppet master as a game for their own emotional enjoyment. I think He's full of crap and I tell him to get lost. but then again, I have never really been one to listen to the trees. More like someone who would throw them. I return to my normal workout.

(151 words)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:45 AM by Mook.)

If Creller showed up through and alternate reality because he was performing dark magic just like my stupid ass was, then the main difference would be he won a four star cup and I was trying to cast se voodoo shit to make it happen. Once alternate me showed up he would instantly slap winless Creller with his championship ring and keep bragging, making me feel bad

But then I remember I still have one season left with Anaheim and chances are I will be sent back down. Maybe alternate universe Creller was showing me that I won't win a four star cup with Anaheim and showing me I need to change teams to ever make it happen. Alternate reality Creller never tells me what team he played for though. So life is a mystery and I will probably go the the SHL not winning a four star cup. Another player down, no dubs

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

If you read some of my previous media and or tasks, you should know by now that Jay Cue exists in many different realities. Better said, you guys exist on Cuealities. That is more like it.
But Jay Cue is pretty much identical in every reality. The one difference being... the sport he plays.
Cue is a giant superstar in football, hockey, baseball, soccer and god knows what else. Seems like in every world he is in, he manages to be great. So, i can honestly say that even if the decided to step into each others realities, nobody would notice it. He is built like a greek god with super powers, able to change his skills in a flash from being able to run through a run heavy defense, to hit several grand slams in a row, pulling Wayne Gretzky numbers, scoring goals like Cristiano Ronaldo.
He is just a different type of athlete and all you need is to check his stats.

(164 words)

Prompt 2: Going back to the start of season fifty four when Mats Marner was entering the SHL draft there were a ton of rumor saying that Chicago Syndicate were looking to draft Marner seventh overall. A surprisingly last second traded by the Calgary Dragons to get the sixth overall pick from Baltimore was made and then ended up taking Marner and the rest was history. It was the biggest shock of the SHL draft and resulted in Marner becoming the Dragons top prospect for a couple seasons. While Marner had a ton of success in the juniors with Newfoundland he was never able to reach the same MVP caliber success in the SHL or the team success as Marner would never win a playoff series with Calgary and failed to have any offensively incredible seasons. On the other hand Chicago went on to win a Challenge Cup in season fifty seven that if drafted by Chicago Manrer would have been on that winning team. Manrer also had the best seasons in his career offensively with Chicago

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 05:42 PM by puolivalmiste.)

Prompt 2: Well as everything on my players (and mine as user) career is tied to joining Renegades I'd say there is possibility for most noticeable change for my career. Falling to 31st pick and to Renegades who I hadn't talked to at all wasn't expected but then again my player being enforcer and me being honest about my doubts whether I'll be here for long run likely meant there were people taken before me who were seen as safer options. So if I'd created as something else than enforcer or someone else was willing to take bit more risky pick I could have ended in many other places, one potential team who at the time needed young defensemen was Toronto and they had picks too so I could have seen myself going there. Toronto was on very similar path with Texas to late 50s and maybe I could have helped around there too and even with recent changes to management I might have thrown in my bid anyway, so instead of black if would wear blue but not sure if that path would be too different from what I have experienced.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

prompt 2

I always wondered what would have happened if ML did not go inactive on Toronto and was actually around for my final two seasons. Overall Toronto had a good team and good core but the having an inactive GM really made things difficult. Toronto had all the pieces in place and probably could have been a top team had they had the management in place. The team had good players like Bobby Lane, Ryu Jones, Rhys Pritchard, Taylor Johansson, Harry Carpet and many more. The team was having a hard time beating the top of the Great Lakes Division but were slowly getting there. The team had a great mix of young players and older players. If that core stayed together I feel like it could be one of the best teams in the league. Unfortunately things happened, but it is definitely a big "what could have been" thing for myself and the Toronto North Stars organization as a whole.

(155 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Pt pass

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Code:
There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc.

To be completely honest, I feel if I had not opted in to become Co-GM in Winnipeg and instead focus on my player the first time around instead of trying to get caught up in the management side of things...I may have been able to be more useful in the league.  It could have been on WPG still, or possibly on another team.  While thankfully my player is performing wonderfully in Tampa Bay I can't help but wonder what it would have been like if my peak years before regression were spent on a team that wasn't undergoing a massive rebuild.  Maybe I could have had a challenge cup by now.  Maybe I could have gotten more than one McBride.   Maybe I could have been a better contention among my goaltending peers than where I am now (as I am just now this season starting to pass the .500 mark).  But the past is the past, and I am where I am now from the experience I learned at the SHL level.  Stromboli could have been more amazing though I feel.

Code:
Written Task:  There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).

With my previous player James Truong I was taken in the 4th round by the Edmonton Blizzard and spent 95% of my career there and loved my time there. However, the pick that Edmonton used on me originally belonged to the Hamilton  Steelhawks I have always wondered how my SHL career for my 1st player in the league would've turned out if I have had gone to Hamilton instead of Edmonton. I was a mid-earner with my 1st player and only purchased coaching once in my career. With how stacked Hamilton's roster was in the S50's would I have even part of their team back then? Would I have fit into their locker room? Would I have gone IA and not re-created?

Another thing I have pondered is with my current player Ben Jammin. If I didn't get selected by the Kelowna Knights which J team would've drafted me and how would I have enjoyed their LR? I remember the Newfoundland  Berserkers expressed interest in me so could I have been a potential Berserker if the timeline changed? So many alternative timelines out there that will never come to fruition.

(190 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Prompt 1

As Mat Smith stepped through the portal he found himself in a seemingly familiar place, the same world as the one he knows, or so he thought. He ended up figuring that nothing was different so he went about his day, but as he drove into the United Center for his game he noticed something very weird. The hockey team playing there was called the Blackhawks? At first he thought that he had somehow missed a rebranding announcement from the team but as he tried to walk into the door he was stopped by security. It was now clear that this world was not his own. Not knowing how to get back home, Smith concocted a plan, to try out for the only professional team that holds open tryouts, the Newfoundland Growlers of the ECHL, then work his way up from there. Smith laughed to himself as he read that this was the only team he could try out for, as it would turn out that after all the shit he talked to his Syndicate teammates about Newfoundland, that's where he would have to end up.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Prompt 2: I always wonder what would happen if I decided to take an approach my goal was to accumulate as much money as I could during my career. The first thing I would do is to play the maximum number of seasons I can in the SMJHL to enter with a significant amount of TPE. I would then play for the team that drafted me the minimum number of seasons that bring me to UFA. Since I would still have a low amount of TPE for the first few seasons, I would sign a deal not longer than two years with the highest bidder. I would do this until one or two seasons before regression hit me and during that off-season, I would sign with the team that give me to the highest total amount, without taking the number of years into account. I would most likely be rich, but since the teams that usually have the most cap space are the worst one, I would probably have not played in the playoffs most years and I don’t think I would ever play for a true contender.

186 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

As I approach regression, I feel some regret for when I started my career. This was going to be the first player where I could go and be a top earning player. With my other players, I didn't have the money to purchase equipment every season or take part in some of the TPE activities, but this player was different. I have the capital and nothing taking my time away from just focusing on him. I was going earn all the TPE I could and hopefully become a star in the SHL.

Well, what happens? Regression changes and now starts a season early, robbing me of at least 2 seasons of 2000+ TPE. If I had just created 2 seasons earlier, I would have been able to accomplish what every other top earner could. Not anymore, now I lose out on a full season of peak TPE earned and now, right when I hit that peak, it's going to get taken away from me early. Not ideal timing.

Now, next season is my final one before regression and I'll barely hit 2000 TPE before the end of it before they take it away and I start to regress.

(198 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

prompt one

i was fucking around with dark magic, as one very rich dutch boy does when he has disposable income, and i opened up an alternate portal. out stepped myself. woah! but he looked very different to me now. he wasn't a center, first of all. he was a defenseman. and he wasn't wearing the navy and blue of the hamilton steelhawks, the best franchise in the simulation hockey league. he was wearing a black and purple jersey of the new orleans specters, a rival simulation hockey league franchise. and that jersey had a big fat C on it. he explained that in this dimension, i had never been openly insulted by a teammate and requested a trade from the specters. i became a one-team guy and switched to defense at the team's request in order to get more playing time and i'd become the ideal foil to lyle odelein iii, winning the stevens award for best defenseman and another challenge cup. however, i realized that i was perfectly fine with the way things had gone in the real dimension, and refused to check their dimension out, sending them back to new orleans.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs