Create Account

S64 PT #3: Trick Play

WSBL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Written Task: Hockey

I don't think we see trick plays in the NHL for a few reasons, the first is it's probably too hard to pull off because the game is constantly flowing and evolving in the moment, you can't predict an exact set up from a starting point like you can in football. Yes NHL has a face off, but there's not really much you can do outside the box on that, there's a handful of plays depending on where the face off is that teams try and they can be a little different or geared toward that teams strengths, but nothing I would call a trick play. With the elimination of the 2 line pass a few years back it opened up some exciting plays with guys hanging deep and flipping the puck up to them but I wouldn't call that a trick play really. Also I think the ice is just too small to really pull off anything crazy and the players are too smart and fast and the game is just quick and too hard to predict where the opposing team will be at any given moment. Hockey's pretty amazing as is and while there's different systems and coaching strategies coaches employ I just don't think there's a lot of room or opportunity for trick plays.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I think trick plays have a place in the National Hockey League, and anyone who says otherwise is very much just a boomer complaining about being outskilled. If you feel that the opponent making a flashy play on you is a slight against you, then that's entirely on you for being bad enough that they can get away with it. Like what on Earth? If you don't want to lose, play better. If people are being too good against you then honestly what the heck do you even expect? Things like the lacrosse goal are just big examples that the game is becoming more about skill and if you can't keep up then you should change your playstyle. Seriously that's entirely your fault and you should be better at the game to prevent it from happening. People complaining about that and saying it's ground to be suckerpunched or attacked on the ice is such bullshit.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

HOCKEY PROMPT

I think trick plays have a place in the sport, but coaches, especially professional coaches, are very hesitant to try them because it's not part of the old school mentality/could be too risky. Players might have some leeway in a system to do some creative stuff, but for the most part I feel that it's frowned upon by the coaching staff, hence the rarity of true trick plays. You see them sometimes at youth levels, even collegiate club and juniors, and they can work out very well, but coaches are more willing to try it at that level, and the skill gap of players can allow that to work out. I've seen some while officiating, and they can lead to some interesting situations, but it is always fun to see if they work out or not. One that I enjoy is similar to the video posted, the quick change off a draw, but also teams on the PK firing it towards the box as the penalty expires can be hilarious.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
[Image: mf7ERAf.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

HOCKEY PROMPT
Yeah, I agree that trick plays in professional hockey are seen few and far between. I think that this rarity type of play is not seen very often is that defensive players are far too skilled and smart to allow those types of plays against their team. Sure, there are some very offensively gifted players in the game of hockey but if they would try “hot dogging” and attempt a trick play such as “the Flying V” like in The Mighty Ducks movies, they would be shut down hard and the opposing team would go back the other way for a glorious chance. It would be nice to see some trick plays with flair more often but I think there is just too much risk involved. Unless a professional hockey coach has nothing to lose, I believe that these types of plays will continue to be a rare thing to see.
(151 words)

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Code:
What do you pitch to your coach to push the boundaries of the sport, and get people excited on the highlight reel? Get as creative as you want. Do you need props? Weeks of setup? YEARS of setup? Is it a plan to win the whole game, or just to score one beautiful goal? No holds barred. (150+ words)

Lord Zomp has done a whole lot of thinking regarding this topic, he's well aware that he possesses all of the skill required to make an incredibly exciting highlight reel goal. However, this one will require a prop for him to be able to do it as perfect as possible. The man will be holding a box of everyone's favorite Cinnamon Toast Crunch in one hand, whilst using his other hand to control the puck. He'll attempt to go in on the goalie, spinning around a few times and then try to do a one handed tip right through the five hole. I think it's safe to say that no one has ever done this one before, nor has anyone even had the thought of attempting such an amazing trick. The best part is, he's not going to tell anyone about it prior to his attempt. There's a pretty good chance that the goal will be called back due to him bringing something onto the ice, but that's okay. All that matters is that it's recorded and posting everywhere on social media.

I think trick plays have a place in the game of hockey, and they're always spectacular when they are pulled off successfully. But there's a reason they are so rarely used, and while I believe a lot of people would chalk it up to "you gotta respect the game" or "respect the other team" or blah blah showboating blah blah. But realistically, there's just always a ton of risk with these plays. If they were easy and risk free, they wouldn't be trick plays. There's a high risk involved in making a lot of these trick plays, either you could easily lose the puck, be out of position, or just get completely decked. So when you have a great player who can pull these things off, many times they won't attempt it because the risk is just too high to try, and there's other lower risk options with good reward potential. That's why it's so spectacular when it does work.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]

I think trick plays have a place in sport. It's hard to say whether it's got a place in hockey because it doesn't really lend itself to the type of sport that can incorporate trick plays. I don't even know what a trick play in hockey would be. I think to say trick plays don't belong in sport would be the same as saying you're not letting people express themselves as much as they want to. I enjoy seeing all the lacross type goals and flicking pucks around the rink. Thinking about the NHL, I remember Erik Karlsson's alley oop pass to Hoffman like it was yesterday. I think that was a beautiful play and I wish more players had the balls to match the skills to pull that off. I would love to see more of that around the sport. The trick plays that college football manages to pull off can be pretty ridiculous, but I'm all for it.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

in my character thoughts he thinking with the team we are team that has concluded a succesful rebuild is tampa bay barracuda, a simulation hockey elague team that is located in the united states in tampa bay florida, who are a member of a particular simulation hockey league division, which belongs to a particular simulation hockey league conference, which in turn belongs to the entire simulation hockey league itself. the trick move is for all tampa to come up with a special shimmy manevuer on the saktes to get around all defenders in sycnronized motion so that they will never see it coming. we never won the cup yet so hopefully that is this the move we need and maybe tampa bay barracuda will be filmed winning cup this year because of this neew trick move with skates and it will be highlight reel and revolutionize the entire sport for years to come and everything is fantastic for aleksander kozlov and his buddies of the tmapa bay hockey club

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

The greatest thing that any shooter can do is find the hole quicker than the goalie can anticipate, otherwise they'll be in the right position to stop the golden opportunities.

In order to ensure that doesn't happen shooters have found ways of manipulating the puck from getting the goalie to move laterally, fast slappers or backhanders that are difficult to read. The newest innovation in shooting technique requires more teamwork than ever. The main idea is taken as an inspiration from rocket league where your own power isn't enough and instead must combine forces with your teammates. The pinch shot will revolutionize shooting speeds as the puck absolutely launching itself when being pressed between two pucks at a specific angle will be impossible for goalies to read the direction of, and be prepared for how quickly it can take off. Alternatively it could also fail so catastrophically like a changeup, throwing the goalie off if they expect otherwise.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

If I had to come up with some super crazy tactic to help us win hockey games, I think I would finally pull out our secret weapon. Willie Miller is an okay goalie. Sometimes he makes saves, sometimes he doesn't. The issue is that he can't provide any offence and we need to score goals to win. So my idea is why don't we just keep Willie Miller on the bench and play 6 players all game? You might say this is stupid, you'll get blown out. Yes, you are right, they will blow us out. But imagine seeing a game that is 14-0 in the second? You'd turn into that right away. Seattle TV ratings would be through the roof. We'd make so much money and all of that money would be rerouted back to me. So look, this won't help us win games but will make me rich and that is all that matters.

Code:
156 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

In order to push the boundaries of the sport, we need to change the colour of the ice. White has been the dominating colour for far too long. We got a taste of something different from Team Canada games in the IIHF seasons ago, that changed my worldview forever. Now anytime I see white ice, I am truly disgusted. For those who do not know what I am referring to, it is simple. Green ice. Preferably a disgusting green colour that is jarring to look at. A little pee looking, not to much though, still a rich green. How much set up would this take? No idea. I assume it only involves dying the ice as it is made, so maybe like a day or two. As long as it normally takes to make ice. Perhaps the first time we do this it will take longer as we need to adjust the ice recipe to factor in the dye used. Once it is perfected though, it is game over for the rest of the league.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Hockey Prompt.

Why don't you see more trick plays or creative cool moments in the NHL? Well the first problem is that the league is too damn fucking hard. I feel like in a lot of the highlights where you see this happen it is often in the juniors, college, or internationally where there are giant gaps in skill and talent. Pulling off that cool tricky shit is just way too hard to rely on it consistently and it feels like it's often the young lads who are doing it in this league. Like Trevor Z. of the Ducks or Tomas Hertl of the Sharks. You remember that insane goal Hertl shot through his legs in that game against the Rangers when he was like a rookie? Shit was gnarly. Anyways he was basically a rookie or something when he did that and Trevor Z is super young too. They are not that far removed from playing at a lower league where they could more reliably pull that shit off. They've not yet been scolded by NHL coaches for hours for even thinking of doing such shit in an actual game. Coaching in the league knows that shit is generally bad, even if it is cool and they try to coach it out of their players. However, I think it's fun and Trevor Z's goal no doubt inspired thousands of kids to play hockey. Let the kids play.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]