Create Account

S64 mPT #5: Beneath the Ice

The New England Wolfpack decided to freeze the one thing that has brought the most championships to New England in recent history: Tom Brady!
Unfortunately it didn't really work out this season, but Tom seems to still be in immaculate shape after being frozen so maybe we'll try again next season.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

In Chase Center the Pride like to freeze old copies of @sulovilen's wonderful works of art. When the ice melts and the art is revealed we can all be reminded about how lucky we are to have our team and players immortalized in the artwork.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

The Edmonton Blizzard has kept a small whale figurine frozen under the ice since the Whaler to Blizzard pipeline is strong. It seems to have a negative effect on Pasta the Turtle, but he didn't seem to do too great before it was there either.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I secretly put one latvian flag under the ice before season. It is my talisman to win more games and score more goals. And looks like it worked. We made play-offs and I scored freaking 35 goals !

Code:
Your task: Many teams freeze a good luck charm in the ice before the season begins. What did your team freeze that's now getting pulled out by an unsuspecting crew? Why is that the thing they chose to freeze, and has it held up alright over the course of the season?

For my team the Kelowna Knights they decided to freeze into the ice my headphones at center ice. They told me it would be a good luck charm for us and it would be funny to see a pair of random headphones in the middle of the ice. The headphones were completely damaged once the ice crew took it out after the season.

(63 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

We froze various meats (and vegetables, yuck) they use to prepare various dishes parmegiana. Needless to say people were baffled to uncover bags of meats and vegetables encased in ice a season later. Naturally, we told nobody.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

It was discovered that the New England Wolfpack home ice had an intricate system of very small air nozzles pointed upwards. It's suspected that it is powerful and dense enough to play a giant game of air hockey on the ice hockey rink.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

The good luck charm that was frozen in the ice, so that the team could win a Presidents trophy was Mat Smiths jock strap since he has been the goat for us.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The Seattle Argonauts froze a miniature boat. It only made sense, right? This little boat would be our precious good luck charm and steer us to the seas of victory. It makes a lot of sense!

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

I think Atlanta probably froze a DVD copy of the Joker movie to remind us that we shouldn't be so serious on the ice and to have fun!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

I had no clue that this was a thing. So imagine my surprise when the crew pulled out a signed picture of  Xena the warrior princess in a ziploc bag. It's almost like they didn't need to use the arena for something else almost every single week!

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Under the ice in QC's practice rink, we froze the boxscore of Game 7 of the Maine series last year, because you need to remind yourself to not repeat the mistakes of the past.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

I put a bluetooth speaker under the ice so that I could randomly connect to it with my phone and play weird noises to spook people in the arena when it is nearly empty.

The Detroit Falcons had the world's largest can of baked beans buried deep within the ice of the arena. The prophecy has foretold that only cup champions may unthaw the ice to partake in its beany-goodness.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Seattle always freezes a small boat in ice, as the crew look to have another good season in the books. The boat will take us on our journey from preseason to the biggest games.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]