Create Account

S65 PT #2: Matinée

This is most certainly not a welcomed change. Getting up earlier to play the game is no good, a player needs his sleep. The matinee games are a crock of crap to be honest. But, that’s the way she goes sometimes, so you have to adapt and get up earlier. Going to wake up at the crack of dawn now, and get the breakfast of champions going. Getting up at this hour, it’s time to get loose and limber for the game at noon. The boys are going to be at home eating breakfast with their families and I am over here trying to get a work out in. I’ll have to take the smaller soccer ball and kick it off the wall and try to play don’t touch the ground with it. After about 15 minutes of that exhilarating game, it’s time to relax a bit, cool down with a shower and feel like brand new for game time. Can’t go into game time all bothered by earlier workout and not being loose.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

For me I could care less when puck drop is, rather it be at noon or whether it be at midnight, whether there be a massive time change that I must account for, it doesn't matter. When you look like me you're always ready, I could have a game at noon, pickup a nice hatty and an apple to go with it, and be ready by 4 PM to walk the red carpet for a movie premier. Some people just don't understand what it's like being in the bright lights but that's my life, and not many of you all could do it, but hey, that's OK. In all actuality though I can thank my sleeping regiment for my mamba mentality. I go to bed listening to my highlights throughout my career on my sponsored, noise-cancelling Bose ™ headphones so I wake up with with that ready to go mentality all day every day. Right before game time I go to spotify and listen to Murder on my Mind by YNW Melly on repeat until puck drop. It works, trust me.

'

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Prompt 2:

The mark of a true athlete to always be ready for anything thrown at you. Starting 7 hours earlier? No big deal for Denisova as his pre frame ritual is fairly easy.
What is this pre game ritual? Drinking 3 large Baja blasts before he hits the ice.
However it may be more difficult to fit in all 3 of the Baja blasts so instead he will now be pouring one of them into a water bottle and drinking that during the game.

I guess another issue is that Denisova sleeps until like noon already, so he’d have to start waking up a lot earlier than he usually does. It would be brutal to begin but eventually he’d get used to waking up earlier(hopefully)

After the game he has more time for fun activities he really likes to do, like drinking more Baja blasts and arguing with hffo.

Praise the Baja Blast

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Player Prompt
Makrus starts his game days waking up at noon. He drags himself to the nearby swamp and meets up with Pasta the Turtle. Pasta has to get his morning sun for a while to warm up. Then Makrus and Pasta go for a run. Makrus couldn’t find any other teammates he could keep up with so he runs with a turtle. After his run Makrus takes his afternoon nap. Waking up shortly before the game starts to eat his pregame meal of Taco Bell and energy drinks. Games starting at noon would ruin Makrus’s schedule. He would likely sleep through a game from time to time and Taco Bell doesn’t even open until 11am. If Makrus isn’t able to sleep his 16 hours a night, how is he supposed to function. Maybe Makrus will hire a double to stand in for him until he can get to the game. Hopefully Makrus doesn’t get himself confused with his double.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

player prompt

Such time changes pretty much undermine a player's everyday. If everything happens all the time after American time, then IN THE IIHF tournaments everything is happening after European time and I have my own experience of overcoming this change of time zones. All of this is simply, but it is necessary to start switching in time. I was certainly the lazy type of man at my previous rhythm, because I didn't build up particularly early and the whole course of my day was quite stretched. I like to get confused and not overreacting with superfluous and sharp actions. But if the game times are altered by such cardinals, it will have to change my lazy schedule, but I think it will certainly affect my performance for a while, because it's hard to limit myself so quickly. I'm surprised by such a decision because playing noon is very difficult for a professional athlete. But let's get it right now.

Creative prompt

[Image: uxz9pYZ.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

CREATIVE PROMPT

The lowest hanging fruit is definitely adding a bingo element to the whole game. The bingo sheets are filled with in-game events, such as "powerplay goal", "penalty shot", "boarding major", "failed coach's challenge" etc. This makes sure the crowd is following the game and not chit-chatting about the accomplishments of their grandchildren and reminiscing the old times. It's also a safety matter. But it also adds a familiar element and to the game. And there's also a fantastic chance to win some crap you could just buy for less than what you spend on the entry fee to the bingo. During the intermissions there will be hologram shows of some old school singers and bands. It will be great to see the joy of old-timers, when they are inadvertently fooled into thinking their favorite artists are still alive. Also a bit sad, maybe. Finally, all the hallways are lined with slot machines. This makes the elderly feel at home and is a nice way to get some extra profit out of them. Not very ethical, but to compensate, everyone 60+ gets in to every game for free!

[Image: sulov.gif]

Creative prompt

It might be difficult to get the older folks to come to a hockey game instead of their regularly scheduled activities during the day but the Rage are happy to try and find something that would entice them away. One activity that occurs prior to and during the intermissions is a quiz walk where there are questions nailed up in different parts of the arena, but not too far from one another so they have to walk too far and tire themselves out. As a tie breaker question, the people has to guess the weight of a hockey puck, the length of a hockey stick, or the amount of holes in a net mesh. Another activity that hopes to get more people to come is a raffle with cruises, golf outings or condominiums in Florida as prizes, all geared towards getting the older generation to come out and support the team.

Code:
151 words

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Kenneth Lind (S78-)

Tomas Lind (S57-S78)

[Image: kennethlind.gif]
@Stadacona

[Image: canadice.gif]
@sköldpaddor @High Stick King @Ragnar

[Image: hKhKXUL.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

CP:
The NOLA rink is fast becoming the place to be for the 60 plus crowd. Tickets are selling like hot cakes and the demographic is locked in.
First and foremost, when they arrive at their seat? A bag of hard candies or toffies are sitting there...
Secondly there is pre game entertainment. There is an arena wide tombola where every seat gets a prize. Prizes range from a second pack of boiled candies all the way up to signed records from 80s bands.
During half time cups of coffee or tea are passed around with everyone getting a hot mug and then the fun begins. Half time bingo is fun for all ages but enjoyed by the 60 and overs. The number caller puts a twist on their calls "hockey sticks 11" "2 fat goalies 88" etc etc.
And finally because all old fogies hate fun, the goal horn is replaced as it is too loud.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

CP

Luckily for the citizens of the Tampa Bay area the Tampa Bay Barracuda management have decided to put on an "early bird special" deal for their more "senior" hockey fans in the area. With all the nightlife the young kids are buying up all of the tickets and not leaving much room for the older folk. With the early bird special the matinee tickets come with a free burger and a drink, paving the way for "the perfect deal" for this target demographic. An entirely new section was also carved out in the seats that allows sitting as close as possible to the bathrooms as well as a special concession team. Seniors can have trouble with steps, so there is special water service at the higher priced seats for those that don't want to leave the action or would take too long to walk up the stairs to go get something to eat. Tampa has always catered to the elderly and will continue to do so for these matineee games.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

What changes would I make to reach the old timers, Leviadan? Man. I would make quite a few changes, that can't be denied. The changes I'd make, they'd be mighty sublime! LOL! little rhyme, is that a crime? I would, first of all, change all food and drink in the arena to be hot dogs. You're gonna have to eat em, you're gonna have to drink em. I like hot dogs. Secondly, I would regret my hot dog decision and actually go for the poutine route. Old people love poutine But enough about food. Here's the big change: Only non-hockey fans are allowed to attend games. Yeah. What are the hockey fans gonna do? Stop watching hockey? Are you joking me? HAha stop kidding me guys. We need new fans. We will force elderly basketball and football fans to watch hockey in our arenas at gunpoint, and make them pay A LOT more to do it. Finally, my biggest change yet, I will replace all mascots with Ben Waters Jr lifesize figurines, just to improve the atmosphere.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Code:
Written Task: What other changes do you make to the SHL in-arena experience to turn these afternoon games into THE place to be for old-timers? What does the intermission entertainment look like? What extra services, bonuses, or giveaways do you offer? Remember, you have to out-compete Bingo Nights and Wheel of Fortune. (150+ words)

With the massive shakeup to the scheduling of games going from 7pm to Noon there are going to be a ton of different changes to the games and the Raptors Area.  The first thing that's going to help get in the older crowd will be the added "Early Bird Special" meals at the end of the game, right now there are three different packages getting put together for those on the old side of 50.  On the flip side of that, the noon start time will allow for a lot of schools to take Field Trips to watch the hockey games, and to build a new younger base for the future of the league.  During intermission each game between the 1st and 2nd periods will have Shuffle Board competitions to see which team comes out of top, and this will be each and every game.  Between the 2nd and 3rd periods the intermission will be a mix of Seat Bingo, AARP driving simulators and the dreaded "Sweep the Ice" game.  Let's bring in all ages of fans!

Code:
177 Words

Ok so if there is one thing every single big Shane Duffy Jr fan knows about the Irish hockey player for the Toronto North Stars, it is that he absolutely loves his lie ins every game day morning, something which in his book is as bhí a part of the game day ritual as anything else he does, maybe even bigger. So, for this reason, when he heard the news about the SHL changing their tip off times from 7pm to noon, understandably, he was aghast. Usually the big man will do a light workout at around 9PM to 10PM to get him in that game day mood, before going for a two hour long swim. Then when he gets home he cooks himself up a nice big bowl of pasta to fuel himself for the following days game, and sleeps until exactly 12:30 the next day, like clockwork. Unfortunately, he’s going to have to push his wholé routine back about 6 hours, which is the worst thing that’s ever happened to him

Quote:CREATIVE PROMPT - Wu-oh! SHL ticket sales are down and the top brass has decided to make a bold marketing play in an attempt to corner the coveted 60+ demographic. The first major change? Effectively immediately, all SHL games will be shifting from 7PM starts to noon starts. Hope you like waking up early.

Written Task: What other changes do you make to the SHL in-arena experience to turn these afternoon games into THE place to be for old-timers? What does the intermission entertainment look like? What extra services, bonuses, or giveaways do you offer? Remember, you have to out-compete Bingo Nights and Wheel of Fortune. (150+ words)

I take a three-pronged approach.

1) From now on, all SHL uniforms must be knitted of fans of the franchise. No knitting enthusiasts among the crowd that attends your games? Tough luck, here are some rags that are vaguely colored in the same way as your logo. Have fun. I do this to ensure that old women who enjoy craft-work are incentivized to pitch in and exemplify some team spirit.

2) All intermissions must involve an old man telling a story of how it used to be in the city in which the game is played. Oh, what’s that, Eugene? The rail system had character back when you were young? You don’t recall there being so many ethnic restaurants? Did Grant E. Jamisbottom not pay you for that time you painted his fence in 1957? Fascinating. Tell the 20,000 people here in attendance more.

3) No more fries being sold at the cafeteria. They’re too tough to eat and are making some of the less toothed fans feel left out. From now on, you can only buy mashed potatoes and soft meat. Pies may be served on special occasions, but they must be soft crusted, the kind that crumbles from your old stainless steel fork.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno