Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hockey Prompt

I don't know what it is, but I think more and more I dislike reading hockey media in general.
It feels that there are too many people who want to be defined by how they typically comment on something that before you even read it, you already have an understanding on how the individual is going to talk about the situation.  We live in a world where media companies very specifically hire people to disagree with eachother.  Not because they actually share those opinions, but simply because they want to both appeal to, and frustrate multiple subsets of fans and individuals tuning in.  Rather than share their actual opinion, it just turns into this clickbait feast doing their best to get the more reactions, retweets, etc.

I think in the future I'd just love to see more media about some of the more important things.  Less clickbait and more honest reactions and responses to the games at hand.  If someone cross-checks a guy to the head, don't just play both sides because you want clicks, actually stand up for something you believe in

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

[Image: game.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

[Image: d3l7EKp.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Hockey media is something I've sort of enjoyed less and less over the years as it's gotten a little more crazy with the analytics, which isn't a bad thing, just not for me, and as a lot of it pries out any possible drama it can. I think it's like that becuase players to get a chance to represent themselves or show their true colors. And if anything should come up, an odd picture with any possible scrutiny, it just gets torn apart. These days I just pop into reddit, see who's playing where as a season starts and tune in for silly hockey memes. It's really all I need.

I was into the Spittin Chiclets podcast for a while but I think that has lost it's charm as a source for hockey news as they've gotten a little wild with their content. They've definitely done good things for hockey  in terms of popularity but there's some wild "fans" out there that I don't think the sport needs. What we need is positivity and welcome and engaging content that appeals to fans of all ages and keeps the sport fun and entertaining. Less drama, more fun. At least from a very surface level perspective.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Hockey Prompt - 

I would say my favorite type of media is either all the fascinating analytics articles behind paywalls or the sheer amount of content put out by The Hockey Guy on Youtube. The Athletic puts out some great pieces about player performance, team grades and other eye-catching media. I like reading about where my team fits in the grand scheme of the league. Team grades, player grades, that sort of thing. The Hockey Guy does a lot of similar things, although it is on a white board instead of a white screen (no dark mode here). I love watching what Shannon (THG) thinks about various players and what teams are doing. The best part about both of these media sources is the general neutral nature of the media. While I know both have favorite teams, it doesn't come out as biased. For example, a lot of the people at TSN or some hockey podcast just dote and dote on their favorite teams and leave out everyone else. It pays to be fair imo. 

(WC: 172)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Player Prompt

GK is really not one for social media, and tends to keep to himself not really putting himself out there for media attention. GK basically does not have an instagram, tick tock account or what have you, and may occasionally feature on a teammates tik tok, or post and will be a good sport about it but won’t initiate it himself. Additionally, if it is required that he make a media appearance as the organization wants him to, he will just see it as something he has to do and put on a face and act very outgoing despite this being draining for him.

Additionally, if they do feature in a teammates post, GK typically like to goof around, and play some jokes on his teammates, and it typically is funny because GK usually tends to be the quiet, serious kind so it can really take people by suprise. Overall despite it being a chore to GK, he will do what is needed for the team or teammate if it means he needs to appear on social media.

(178 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

As a Muppet, Kermit Murphy has an innate talent for showmanship and media content generation. In fact, it was not long into his career that the Seattle Argonauts fired their social media coordinator and asked him to take over the role to help the still-recent expansion team gain some extra popularity in Seattle and around the world. Initially this started with some candid interviews with his teammates, behind the scenes videos, and other bits of Youtube-based media helping fans connect with the team. But eventually, this branched out into other platforms, and now the Argonauts have one of the most followed accounts on Tiktok. In everything from stupid trends to stupid dances, Kermit's slender, felt body can be scene going all in on things that would embarrass most players. However, he is at his heart a performer, and the world is his stage. It's gotten to the point where many around the league wonder if Kermit actually spends enough time worrying about hockey instead of social media.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: pt672.png]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Graj is very excited to be on his team's tiktok channel. He knows all of the trends as he is on the app quite frequently for the memes he and his teenage brother send back and forth to each other, and he is absolutely ecstatic to use some of the trending sounds in ways that they are not supposed to be used in. He knows that he can really put both Philadelphia and Kelowna on the map with this. For example, he is definitely going to be using CBAT as a part of a faux tutorial for how he gets up to speed when skating down the ice, and he is one hundred percent going to be using the audio about skinny boys having horse cocks to show how they get absolutely obliterated on the ice by big defensemen. He has a ton of other ideas too, but he doesn't want to share too many because he knows that they'll be better if they come as a surprise.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Prompt 1

I do think the mainstream daily hockey media has become somewhat cookie-cutter over the years, or low-effort. The talking heads will cherry-pick stats to create a narrative that they want to be consumed by the masses, and there aren't too many interesting stories with the pressure to get things out. Long-form media like the Athletic are what I'd like to see more of, as they really have time to write the stories that they feel are important and dive deep beneath the surface. When reporters and writers are able to take the time to really get to know players and allow them to talk about the things that they want to instead of sticking to canned answers, there would be a lot more personality and connection with the fans shown in hockey media. Independent media services such as The Athletic are also so good at uncovering and disseminating stories that the NHL possibly wouldn't want to have out, such as team turmoil or player controversies. They're a refuge from the click-based daily media that's financially beholden to the league.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Hockey Prompt:

Different styles for different tastes. When it comes to the exciting world of hockey media, variety truly is one of the finer spices in life. What if I suggested the media might do well to focus more on fresh individual player insights, rather than rehash the current shortcomings we're all too familiar with? Instead of primarily finding a new way to tell us what we already know, I'd like to learn more about what makes my favorite players tick, what struggles they've faced and what drives them to succeed? Some might choose to classify this sort of coverage as more in depth profiles.

We all have unique experiences that we encounter in life, and each of these experiences help form a tapestry of who we are and what we become. So I'd like to see a greater focus on what is was like for different players growing up, who they idolized, and who was their greatest influence? And even beyond that, I'd like to know more about how they think the game. What do they see as the most important part of team building? And how would they go about it? In summation, please give me more of the real stuff, and less of the 110% cliches.

Quote:218 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Player Prompt

Since the early days of his career, Kev Kevens has always embraced the social media obligations that come with being a professional athlete. While the main job of an SHL player is to perform well on the ice, taking a break from the physical side of things to stretch the creative and social muscles is an important part of leading a more well-rounded life as an athlete. The main social media outlet for Kevens has been keeping fans and fellow SHLers up to date on Twitter a few times per week. In fact there's a nice deal going on with the SHL itself to encourage players to use social media to interact with fans and promote the league. Of course there's more formal media obligations as well such as doing quick video interviews for the league about a variety of topics. Players from every team are included in each video and it's a fun way to learn more about opponents and teammates and see how they answer different types of spontaneous questions.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate