Create Account

S68 PT #2: Monstars Due: December 4th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player task:

William Salming, as a Quad Gold Club member, is already pretty much perfect hockey player but I guess you could always improve him. That would happen by stealing some attributes from his previous teammates from Quebec City Citadelles. From the goalie Mat Smith, Salming would want to steal his clutchness in big moments. He always shines in bright lights when stakes are at the highest. We have saw it on the national team but also on the club level in Citadelles and Chicago. From Kev Kevens, Salming would steal his toughness near the boards. Kevens is excellent to win board battles, even little bit better than Salming. And from his current teammate Max Manning, Salming would steal scoring touch, because so far Salming has only one goal and 20 assists. But Salming likes to pass the puck so it is not the problem for him but for opponents it is easier to scout him if he always just gets assists and not goals.

[Image: salming.png]

it's easy dawg. all i would do is check whoever had the most skill in the simulation major junior hockey league (and by skill, we are going by points off of the leaderboard or whatever i don't really care) and tell them "your power belongs to me you incompetent pillock" and then they would suck. so first i would start by taking the shot away from alexi piastri of the nevada battleborn. he would get blown up by my incomparable hitting skill, i would tell him that "your shot belongs to me you incompetent pillock" and all of a sudden i would be leading the simulation major junior hockey league in goals. it is a very simple and very easy strategy for me because i already talk a lot of shit on the ice already so adding a mental part to it (and then the literal part of stealing their skill) would benefit me extremely

creative prompt, 157 words

Armada

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Code:
CREATIVE // WC: 245

-----

How do you manage to get away with stealing the goal scoring prowess of one of your own teammates? Is it even ethical to do so? Max Manning is the goal scoring leader by a country mile at this point, but there's very real cowardice in stealing the talents of a man that purports to be the reason your team is obliterating the league.

As such, there's only one sensible target: Luke Thomason ( @luke ). Fiorentini grew up admiring the Rage star's abilities on the ice and, as such, it's time to become as good as the man he always looked up to. It won't be easy--breaking into a Manhattan penthouse is a tall order--but Benny's knowledge of New York City and his connections around the area will allow him to pull off the most genius heist of all-time. Rappeling down from the roof of Thomason's apartment building and using that laser circle tool that I think Tom Cruise used in Mission Impossible at some point to make a hole big enough for him to fire the power-stealing beam through. Then, when Thomason isn't looking, his powers (or what's remaining of them at this point) will be transferred to Fiorentini, making him the second coming of a totally normal to above average hockey player that played in his hometown.

The only hang-up here is Benny's crippling fear of heights and this sucker is like a good fifty stories in the air so... pray for the boy.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

CREATIVE PROMPT

While Sir Devoir would normally not want to go along with the plan to steal talent, he decides to at the very least test the device out. So one day while Rebecca Montagne was on a few days break, he finds that she is hanging out in a seafood restaurant in Baltimore and stealthy use a combination of Confusion and and mind reading to hide his identity from he'd while he sits a ways behind her with a clear sight to do the test. Whike she was finishing up her meal, he uses he laser pointer like device, he is able to steal her talent and continues using his Psychic abilities to confuse her mind enough so that she never knew he was there.

After doing some in ice testing to make sure the talent stealing worked, he immediately went back to that doctor and broke the device into many pieces, allowing Rebecca to get her talent back with her none the wiser. Devoir will never condone cheating in any way, and made sure that doctor knew that too.

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

Player Prompt

I can spend all the time in the weight room that I want, but at some point, I'm not getting any taller and these muscles aren't getting any bigger. But if the doc can help me out, I know exactly where I'm going... time to take a tour of the Montreal locker room. Jonathon Hagen is the only player in the league with a 20 in strength, so I'll take that, thank you very much. He's got 19s in both offensive and defensive read? Okay, I'll take his body and his mind. While I'm here in La Metropole with my special little device, I might as well say hello to Roderic Banes as well. 18 Checking and 17 Hitting? That'll add some grit to my game. And if he happens to walk by, might as well do the thing with Friedensreich Hundertwasser as well, grabbing that 16 Screening and 18 Getting Open. But let's not get too greedy here, it's my first visit to the city and I don't want to overstay my welcome.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

This is basically already part of Petr's backstory. Czech legends of the game all volunteered to have their brains scanned and their hockey knowledge taken from them in order to put into one database/brain so that Czechia could continue building the world's greatest hockey player: Petr Svoboda. Naturally, to continue improving, Petr has of course trained himself, but a constant flow of hockey minds being added to the pool of knowledge would be advantageous, thus the Czech State Security service has continued this program by finding more... volunteers (mostly ex-SHLers, Hall of Famers, award winners, et cetera).

The Czech's search for the greatest mechanical and technical skills related to hockey, as longevity and Petr's physicals are maintained by a vigorous genetic screening and editing program, a strict dieting and training regime, and, when needed, any surgery and medical procedure that money can buy, so longevity, strength, and speed are covered.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

If Minaj were to steal the abilities of one player from the league, it would have to be his current idol Marcel Beck. Not only is Beck the reigning top defenseman in the league, but he also took home awards for top defensive defenseman. His ability to be the best in both zones is what Minaj is striving for as well. Beck leads all defensemen in overall TPE so its not surprising he leads many individual categories as well. However his defensive positioning, checking, puck handling, passing, shooting range, and shot accuracy are all top marks any defenseman can only hope to be on par with him. Now if I get a chance to take from two players to complete the perfect player, then combining Puddles O'Duck offensive abilities with Marcel Beck's defensive abilities would be the perfect SHL player. He leads most of the offensive abilities including getting open, passing, puck handling, and offensive read.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Creative Prompt

Paul Binder is a pretty small dude for a hockey player. While sometimes his size is a bit of a deterrent on the ice, he's the perfect go-to guy to steal other players' energy and skills for this and was promptly given the job by ATL GM hotdog. While Binder was given free reign to approach this however he would like, he prefers to keep things classic. He hides in the giant laundry bin that players toss their dirty jerseys, pants, and jock straps into. He has troubles keeping in his gagging and puke, but eventually finds an opportunity to grab someone's hand as they get a little too close. Of course players will be surprised by this, but luckily I think most of them would just assume his tiny little grabby hands would be that of a raccoon or something and leave it at that, no need to dig through that gross dirty laundry. After gathering as much as he can, he waits until he gets wheeled off to a hallway (or something I don't know where they take that stuff) and gets out of the stinky pile with skills in-hand.

WC 197

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Code:
You can't do it in the middle of a game, it would be too obvious. So how are you going to get close to the leagues best players and beam the talent out of them without anyone noticing? Are you setting a trap? Are you sneaking into their house in the dead of night? Hiding under their table at a restaurant? Forget the skills you want, tell me how you're actually going to pull off the talent heist! (150+ words)

It would be the heist of the century.  A handful of the top SHL stars suddenly and without explanation find themselves playing worse than a junior level goalie in Franchise Hockey.  Little do they know that it was I who completed the heist, and while regression should be taking me out of the game, I am feeling more invigorated and dominant as ever.  Of course, no villainous deed can go unsolved.  It demands to be found out, begging and longing as any great plan does to be uncovered and unraveled for notoriety.  The part of the plan that allowed me to steal the best from who the SHL has to offer that makes it so easily achieved...is the fact that I am a goalie.  I get face to face, often, almost nightly against the best in the SHL and often times thanks to scrums in front of the crease I get in contact with these aces of the ice.  Little do they know though, that all it takes is a touch of a blocker, or a leg pad and poof!  Off they go as send-downs to figure out why they're suddenly playing so abysmal.  All the while, my team passing and puckhandling has gone exponentially greater and my offensive read has skyrocketed to know EXACTLY what my opposing team is getting read to do.  Because of this, a cup is no doubt in my future!  HA HA HA HA HA!

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Creative Prompt:

With GK being the quiet player that he is, it will be quite difficult to spring a trap on an unsuspecting player during the regular season. Reason being, GK loves to mostly keep to himself and rarely goes out, meaning that while yes he does exchange pleasantries with this teammates, he will rarely agree to or hang out. So doing so would be completely out of the ordinary.

The best way I can see it happening is that GK has said that should anyone want to go sea fishing with him back in iceland they are more than welcome to, and I believe that is where it would happen. GK would likely invite said player out for a fishing trip, and once they are out in the ocean zap them with the magic beam to steal their abilities. That way there would be no witnesses, and GK can do it when the player in question is too focused on the catch they are about to make (166 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I think for me I would steal from Bnana Nwaffles. I think stealing from them would help out our team a lot. This would mainly be to weaken the best team in the league and give those skills to my player who started off this season incredibly slowly. NWaffles clearly has a great scoring touch with 10 goals on 22% shooting. Basically scoring on one out of five shots. The other player I would steal from would probably then be their line mate Bastian Primeau. Weakening their top line and not just top player would definitely cripple Detroit further than where they are. Also grabbing two players skills worth of 20+ shooting percentage means that I Meowski should then be able to combine it and shoot 40+ precent. This also means that they would be down a good chunk of their goal scoring from this season. I think stealing a bit of power if there is any left from their goalies would also make a big difference. Having weaker goalies mean they let more goals in. Although I don't think our goalies would need any of their skill because they are great!

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Instead of targeting a specific ability or set of ability, it would be important to set the parameters for the energy beam to enable a more generalized approach to this endeavour. By potentially reverse-engineering the processes of such a sophisticated machine, it would enable teams such as the Carolina Kraken to get whatever the hecking is in the Detroit water that allows the Falcons to be this cracked. As of now, the skree people have been shamlessly dominating the rest of the league, despite other teams, such as the deep ocean creatures, who are seemingly better on paper. What is it then? A combination of fluor, potassium, various minerals? In what quantities? Or is there more of a conspiracy to be uncovered about the origins of such a timely domination. Who knows. Until then, the birds continue to strike fear and a skill stealing laser may very well be the key that unlocks it all. (156 words)

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Player Prompt

If Tummy Hurts were given a skill stealing beam, there are a few players he would consider aiming it at to steal their powers. In a different season, the first choice would be his teammate in Newfoundland, Rasmus Bergling. Tummy likes the idea of stealing Rasmus' defensive abilities, in hopes that they would somehow translate to making Tummy even harder to beat between the pipes. This season, though, Bergling has struggled, so Tummy won't be trying to absorb any of his skill for fear that he might absorb some of his bad luck. Instead, Tummy would focus his laser on another teammate - Matiss Ozolinsh. Tummy would steal Matiss' goal scoring touch, making himself the ultimate dual threat across the SMJHL. No other team would be able to boast a starting goaltender with the ability to snipe goals as well, essentially serving as an extra attacker at all times. It wouldn't take long for Tummy to set the goaltender scoring record.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Let me just go ahead and point at Nevada’s Alex Piastri and give me that scoring ability. The guy knows how to score goals, and I want to be able to put up those kind of numbers. I have struggled to start my career, and because of that I wouldn’t mind getting a little bit more scoring touch added to my skillset.

While everyone knows he scores goals, at the time of writing this, he’s currently shooting 23.9%! That is absolutely ridiculous conversion. If he takes 4 shots a game, he’s scoring 1 of them. How are you supposed to defend someone who could score at that rate?

However, truth be told, I’d even take his playmaking abilities, because they’re still better than mine. So I would just point and whatever happened to get transferred over, let me have it and I wouldn’t complain. I think it would greatly help my production and our team’s performance on the ice.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Faker would steal the powers of Finland Star defenseman Jukka Timonen.  Back in his prime Timonen was an anchor on some great Chicago teams.  Making his D partners job so much more difficult.  His main skill during his prime was turning the puck over.  Whiffing on clearing passes, getting pickpocketed, missing open guys on the half wall.  Jukka was a savant at poor defensive play.  Faker already has a baby version of this skill but stealing the power from Jukka would take him to another level.  Another skill Faker could take is Timonen's fighting skill.  Late in his career Timonen has taken to punching his opponents when he turns the puck over.  Needless to say he's been doing a lot of punching and gotten fairly good at it.  Faker could use that power to protect himself and his teammates.  Or to beat up guys who take the puck from Faker.  Hopefully Faker can use these two skills to amass the same amount of team success Timonen did.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]