Create Account

S68 PT #2: Monstars Due: December 4th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Kev Kevens already has fairly well-balanced attributes on the ice so he needs to think carefully about which skill to steal. Any of the main skills he possesses wouldn't have that much of an impact on his playing ability since there's a very small difference between him and the players at the top of the league. What makes the most sense is to steal an ability that Kevens considers a weakness. Being a winger, Kev never really put much thought into training for faceoffs so the clear option is to steal Makrus "The Tater" Jager's league-high faceoff skill. This would result in Kevens and the Syndicate having a special ace up their sleeve of a winger who is actually the best in the league at faceoffs. It would certainly make a difference by improving one skill by a noticeable margin while also not being too unfair to other teams (except New England I guess). The league would not be prepared to see such an unexpected faceoff champion.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

That is pretty easy. Jay Cue pre game warmups would just be check the opponent team player stats and then just steal every 20 he sees on their player sheet.
The would mean Cue would be able to do it all. Need a GK? Sure, he can pretty much stop everything thrown at him? Need an enforcer or a goon to just destroy players with giant hits? No problem, he is your man. Having a rough game and you need Jay "Wayne Gretzky" Cue to have the deciding goal on the championship game? Look no further, here he is skating all by himself, rounding every player with ease to then score.
So this would pretty much make everything in the league stay the same. Maybe without the goalkeeping part, that sucks. Unless Cue can player as a forward GK. Is that a thing in hockey? I hope it is, as it means he can pretty much play on the ice all by himself.

(163 words)

Such a kind of skill stealing ray would sure come in handy and there are a ton of attributes to choose from. I likely wouldn't primarily go for the on-ice ones though, but certain off-ice characteristics and physical abilities that you just can't learn, no matter how much you practice. So I would go for things like raw skating talent or size, a combination of the two would obviously be ideal, being 6'9 but still quick and dexterous like a petite figure skater. The most important "skill" to go for would probably be something else though: The favor of the sim gods, or if that one isn't available, the test simming ability and ruthlessness to break the game no matter at what cost for the rest of the league that some of the most successful GMs and coaches have shown over the years. Me and most other players just don't have that kind of selfishness, so it would be interesting to see how it feels to be one of them...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

To steal the talents of the best players in the league will take deception, misdirection, and precision. I will wait until the All-Star break to make my move as then I will know where everyone is stationed. I will know their hotel as well as their itinerary for the weekend. Being an All-Star myself will help me get close to them without causing much suspicion. The hardest part of this concept is playing well enough just to be selected to the ASG. If I am, then it is basically smooth sailing. I can meet them at the player's dinner the evening before the skills competition, or I can just wait until I see them in the locker room before the game. The possibilities are not only unless but pretty easy. A tap on the shoulder, a handshake, or even handing them a drink will be enough to steal those abilities. If I don't make the ASG, then that will be an issue.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Creative Prompt:

To successfully find the player, identify their skills that are desired to take, and to be able to sneak in without their knowledge and acquire their skills means only one thing. Heist time. This is the Simulation Hockey League Skills Heist Lore or the SHLSHL. First, we must start by identifying whose skill we're going to take. Seeing that Igor Victory of the Philly Forge of the Simulation Hockey League is a Left Forward, it only makes sense to have the player targeted be a Goalie, wait, Forward. Let's look at none other than Buffalo's Chimkin Wing. What do we know about Chimkin Wing? He loves chicken wings, pizza, beer, guns, and used to be a crazy goalie. So his sense will be elevated. However, we use his weakness to our advantage. So we set up a scenario where Chimkin is asked to come out and judge a hot wing contest. Think Hot Ones, but without the bizarre questions. So Chimkin shows up, and then gets put into the judging booth, eats a dozen different hot wings. The thing is, the light beam used on Chimkin is also the beam used to take his skills. So, on the last wing, which rates at over 100,000,000 on the scoville scale, he doubles over in pain because it's so spicy. That's when he gets hit, he's already on the ground, nobody will think different if he convulses slightly. That's not abnormal for these wings. Then it's stored and applied to Igor and next thing you know, Igor is one of the top scorer's in the league.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Creative Prompt - Jarrod Lakemore has a bit of a reputation as a troublemaker both on and off the ice, so using his rabble rousing pedigree to create an opportunity for close contact with opposing players off the ice would be fairly simple. After a full game of jawing and chirping at the opponent, it wouldn't seem out of place to see Lakemore looking to continue to have some uh, heated discussions with opponents afterwards. He could approach the opposing locker room before the media and cameras are around and plenty of opponents would be waiting to get in a few more words at him. Not one to respect personal space, he could easily get in close proximity while continuing his verbal assault and sneakily steal their skills while they are focused on other things. Lakemore would need only the smallest of excuses to start this confrontation--perhaps an opponent gave his goalie a bump after a play, or one of his team's star players take a high stick when the ref wasn't looking. Whatever the case, it would be all too easy for Lakemore to get close to his opponents and do the deed.

(195 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

The first person Duncan Mackenzie would point the skill stealing device at would be Duncan Mackenzie from Season 67. That crazy bastard put up 50 goals! The Duncan Mackenzie from S68 is slacking and isnt even leading his team in goals. He has only scored six measly goals to this point. The next person this device is going after is the corpse of Esa Parmborg. That guy lasted like 20 seasons or something like that. And he was crazy productive, even in his last season. To have that kind of skill and longevity would be the dream of almost any player in the SHL. Maybe it would also steal his ability to eat more Chicken Parm than any man, woman, child or animal alive on this planet. Heck, not even the weird alien like creatures that roam the ice in the SHL could top him. It was preternatural. It was disgusting. It was beautiful. And then it could all be mine!!!!!

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

PLAYER PROMPT:

[Image: oA717lK.png]

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

In order to steal the best power from Jeff Newman, the SMJHL's winningest goalie so far, I would need to take advantage of one thing: our shared love of beans on toast. Both hailing from the United Kingdom, myself from Belfast in Northern Ireland and Jeff from Liverpool in England, there is nothing that we love more than starting our weekend mornings with a warm portion of beans on top of a crisp slightly burnt piece of brown toast. I'd invite Jeff over for Sunday morning, as I normally do, and as he goes to get the toast that just popped out of the toaster I hop into action. By pointing the skill stealing energy beam right at Jeff as he has his back turned, I'll be able to steal his winning competitiveness. It will be tough to see Detroit plummet in the standings as Jeff searches for his will to win, but I'll be able to stomach it as I lead Regina to wins in 14 of our next 16 games. My only hope is that he'll still come over for beans on toast after I follow through with the heist.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT

Well based on the simple idea of elimination, we can quickly and safely rule out positions such as "under the table", "trap in their dressing room", or "at their house in the middle of the night". Too many witnesses and security. So we need an opportunity that seems like a normal, every day thing.
Target: Player's favorite restaurant in their city. If they are already home, and going to a place that is familiar, then their guard should be down.
When: We need a comprehensive schedule and we need to look for the pattern. We need to know what the night time routine is for the restaurant. How they clean, what do they look for. If they don't look under the tables, then a simple remote controlled smoke bomb attached to the underside of the table. If that seems unlikely to work, then underneath the garbage bag in the bathroom is an option, or if the vent is easily accessible, then lock the door and get that vent cover off, then it's just a mater of putting it inside. Now, the visit to the restaurant can look pretty non suspicious, just go 2 days before you think he may be going. If he always goes before game night, or always goes on an off night those are good targets.
How: Simply post a sentry outside the restaurant, and if he visits it's game on. Activate the smoke bomb 55 minutes after entry, and simply wait for the chaos of the evacuation. During evacuation, blend in with the crowd, get up close behind and fire.

Boom, done and no one knows.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Sven would look forward to stealing all of the league's shot accuracy. Sven has actually been pretty high up on the league leader sheets for the last few seasons for shots on goal, however they rarely actually translate to goals. This applies to a lot of defensemen, of course, but not a lot of defensemen have the sheer volume of shots that Sven has. If Sven even knocks his shot percentage up by 5 percent, he's looking at a solid 20-30 goal season, and any team getting that kind of output from the blue line just has a fast track to the cup. Add in the perennial powerhouse Lev Lebedev and you've got a formula for the highest scoring team the SHL has ever seen. Sven would use the power to steal just a little bit from each player, so it's unlikely anyone would notice that they got worse, but everyone would notice the astronomical leap Sven would take.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Everyone over here talking about skating ability and what they would take, but everyone is forgetting the one key attribute that would make or break a player. I am talking about strength here. If I am going around and stealing strength from others I would be remiss if I did not look at some of the bigger, badder guys out there. Now unfortunately the Outdoor Truck is already on my team because I feel like that would be a good player to steal this stat from so I will have to improvise. Why is strength important? When you are out there giving out free hits, there is nothing more fun than knocking the other guy to Timbuktu. Now if I was able to just go around stealing this stat left and right it would be amazing! But that dude Jonathan Hagan is sporting the best strength in the league right now and I kind of want it.

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Creative Prompt
[Image: GuNfUCx.jpg]

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik