Create Account

S68 PT #4: Historian Due: December 18th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

The most important and obviously sexiest moment in SHL history is the fact that CHIMKIN WING, legendary Buffalo forward, is the only FORWARD in the history of the SHL to post a SHUT OUT in his SHL debut. I’m not even fucking around. Look it up, it’s true. Such excellence that you can really only come to expect from the greatest SHL member ever of all time (me). Also, while we’re on the topic of ground breaking shit, big shout out to those cheaters over in Hamilton for single handedly causing the migration over to FHM 8 and the banning of all individual strategies. Some of us have friends, family, jobs, hobbies outside this shit hole website, and not all of us could get nice and sweaty while worrying about our fake internet hockey teams, so it’s nice that they ended up getting the playing field leveled for the rest of us.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

For my history report i want too pick a certain topic that is near and dear too my heart in this sim leauge and that is chemistry and lineups in the league and for my player most importantly kayden pale. Kayden started his J career playing besides Kian Hamilton Jr son of Kian Hamilton unfortunately Hamilton Jr didnt leave up to expectations another player Kayden Paired with was someone named Not Deadly he wasnt ever good and Pale had too cover for him on so many occasions, Kaydens last partner on Quebec was a player named Kappa Kappa there was alot of chemistry here unfortunately Kappa Kappa wasnt able too make it pro Kayden was than Shipped out of town too Colorado where he lined up with players such as Zayne Dangle for his first season than Jamal Nightingale in his last season in the J going for Kayden has been Paired with Yxskaft for the 3 seasons he played for new England and no Ren in Chicago

Quote:
Citadelles

Loosh watching Orr score...
[Image: MdMNb9T.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2022, 07:09 PM by erikvm.)

Hockey Prompt:

Playoff draughts are horrible, but playoff series win droughts are arguably worse. As a Minnesota Sports fan, baseball is a rough topic, the Twins have lost a baseball record 18 games in a row, but we’re here to talk hockey. Nothing comes quite close to not even winning a game in a series for that long, but the Toronto Maple Leafs and their 17-year playoff series drought intrigues me. By all accounts, they should be contenders every year, but due to the strength of the Atlantic Division the past few seasons, and the 4-1 choke job, they have not graced the second round since 2004. In hockey, where upsets happen all the time, it’s crazy to me that with their star power, they have not been able to will themselves to a victory, but the choke job against the Canadiens during 2020 will haunt them forever because that weaker Canadiens team ended up going all the way to the cup.
[Image: biFW31l.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

My favorite point in hockey history has to be from 1995 on, if only because that's when I first learned about the sport. Honestly the 90s were great, not so much for me as a Flyers fan because we averaged between hot garbage and greatness. But there were gems like Lindros, LeClair and Renberg coming together as the 'Legion of Doom'. Mark Recchi and Eric Desjardins coming over from Montreal that year and helping send the Flyers to the Finals in 1997. We also suffered tragic lows like the death of Dmitri Tertyshny in a boating accident and Lindros's devastating hit by Stevens in the Eastern Finals. That's not even touching on the goaltender carousel of Hackett, Esche, Boucher, Cechmanek, Snow, Little and on and on and on. I often wonder how good the Flyers would have been without Lindros, opting to keep Forsberg and developing Gratton properly and finding an actual number one goaltender.

I think we would have been a force.

As of the end of this season, S68 based on what the title of this PT is, not that I can even bare to keep track of what the seasons are anymore. I actually did not even know the season ended today. My GM asked if I wanted to re sign again and I'm out here thinking ??? Why are you asking me so early?? But the season did actually end today, so it does make sense why he is asking me now. Anyway, like I was saying, as the season as ended, I (Dick Clapper) am either tied or in sole possession of 2nd all-time SHL points in History, of all time!! Is this the record? No, the record would be first place, not second, but I wanted to talk about myself and not awils, because I am narcissistic and because he has enough records for other people to be writing about so I need to write about myself to make me feel better.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I think there are a lot of important players in SHL History. For starters there are always greats like Aaron Wilson who has the record for most career points in SHL History or Esa Anrikkanen who holds a nearly unobtainable record of 1458 Games Played in SHL History, to top it all off, all with the same team too! One stat that always tends to be overlooked are Penalty Minutes as well and I do not plan on doing that this Point Task as I would like to shout out Taylor McDavid for the most Penalty Minutes in SHL History with 1558 in 1109 Games Played. Similarly, Bojo Biscuit also has an insane 1473 Penalty Minutes in 858 Games Played! One player who I consider insane in terms of SHL History is the one and only Makrus The Tater Jager who exploded in Season 68 for an incredible 110 Points in 66 Games and broke the records for Goals in a Season and Points in a Season

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

One very important record that is both historical and yet incredibly relevant is one happening in the SMJHL actually, as Piastri has now taken the SMJHL historical lead for goals in a season. It appears that FHM just picks one random player to be the golden child each season, and this season it selected Piastri. With 58 goals in 62 games, and a solid 99 points currently, Piastri is an absolute powerhouse that should not be ignored in any capacity. Their fantastic play is doing wonders and a 1.6 ppg pace is absolutely astounding. I think Piastri should be in contention for an incredible amount of records and should be looked at very critically for awards. With only 13 goals on the powerplay, I think that's an astounding amount that they deserve a ton of credit for. It's not often that someone shatters a record with so much time left, but seeing Alexi Piastri do it was a fantastic way to spend the season

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

My first player, Kosonen, had a pretty good early start to his career. He was a season 31 draftee for the SHL, but in season 30 he won the four star cup with Halifax, IIHF Gold with Finland, and WJC with the Silverback. Then it was in Season 33 where he won the Challenge cup with the New England Wolfpack. In his first few seasons in the league, he had won pretty much all the championships available. Unfortunately, outside of another IIHF Gold medal, I think these were all the championships that my first player won. So, it was really awesome to get off to a nice start, and it kept me chasing those championships for seasons to come. It’s regrettable that he did not find great team success after he ventured out of New England onto Seattle and Los Angeles. All in all, this was a great career and I’m really glad of all his accomplishments. A very fun way to get started with sim leagues and the SHL.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

If we want to delve into some real-life hockey history, then let’s talk about one of the all-time great teams—the mid-‘90s/early-2000s Detroit Red Wings. Those back-to-back Stanley Cups in 1997 and 1998 were pivotal moments in my formative years. The number of players from those teams that I can name off the top of my head is more than any other sports team since. Yzerman. Fedorov. Lidstrom. Draper. McCarty. (I’d better stop there so I’m not just artificially inflating my word count!) I lived that ‘90s rivalry with the Avalanche; even though the rivalry might not be what it once was, I still don’t like that team. And I detest Patrick Roy to this very day. I absolutely wore out our CD-ROM of *NHL 2000,* trying to recreate those triumphs. One of my favorite memories is being 11 years old and getting to stay up late to watch Game 5 of the 2002 Finals against the Hurricanes, when the Red Wings won their 3rd Stanley Cup of my life, and probably the one I can remember the best, even though they won again in 2008. I still love hockey, love the Red Wings too, but I’m not the Rabid fan I was when I was younger: life moves on and I have more responsibilities and less time. There’s nothing quite like being a kid who’s absolutely in love with his favorite team.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Hockey prompt - Graphic task
[Image: in_history_pt_fin.png]
I actually spent time on this, so I hope you appriciate that

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 01:19 AM by vbottas17. Edited 2 times in total.)

I feel that the SHL and SMJHL expansion of s25 was huge for the league. It had been a while since expansion in either league and adding the new franchises played a pivitol role in creating opportunities for members of the league to play important roles on their respected teams, whether on the ice or in management. I was lucky enough to be the founding GM of one of the SMJHL's new franchises, the Halifax Raiders, so of course that's where I'm going to focus. The expansion teams in both leagues were not handed anything. The expansion rules were designed to prevent both of the leagues existing franchises from losing important players. The Leagues administration was worried about dimensioning the appeal / prestige of existing franchises. The Raiders managed to grow a lot through the course of their first season and were a competitive team by the time the playoffs rolled around. The Raiders followed up their debut by winning the 4 star cup in only the franchises second season. I feel that this showed that new teams could be exciting and really help grow the league as a whole. Perhaps the Raiders success played a role in the SHL being more aggressive with expansion in the future. I could write a novel about those Raidetrs teams, maybe they played a bigger role in the SHL's history than people realize at the surface.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

The fascinating arguments I like to talk about are about championships specifically the Montreal fans who wanna flex the 24 championships they have even though they only have 10 of them in the Expansion era when there were more than 6 teams. The other 14 championships I like to call them participation awards because at that point all of the other teams didn’t even have half decent players they were just signing players hoping they were good. Once the league started to expand it got more difficult for them to win and most of the post expansion era championships were in the 60s and 70s once it hit the 80s it got far and few between. They won 1 in the 80s and 1 in the 90s in 93 and just completely fell off only making 1 appearance since. So I indeed call Montreal asterisk team because we’ll over half of them were in the time that no other team had any good players really. It wasn’t until the 70s hit that all the other teams started hitting strides and by the late 90s Montreal wasn’t a powerhouse anymore it was into the golden era of Thornton Jagr Lemieux Gretzky Messier Orr and many others that Montreal really wasn’t known to be a solid contending team much anymore. Islanders dominated more Flyers dominated more Oilers were killers.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

HOCKEY PROMPT

Rantings and ravings of a jaded Leafs fan:

How is Auston Matthews the first Hart winner in this team's history? An Original Six team that has won Cups (allegedly, anyway.) and had great players. This isn't a dig at Auston, because I absolutely adore him, but it is a dig at the history of this team. How have they never had the best player even once before this? Never had a Vezina, nor a Rocket before the greatest goal scorer in the past 10 drafts fell into their laps. It is mind-blowing that this team is what it is.

They're hot right now, losing just 2 of their last 11. Marner had a crazy point streak, they're winning without their freshly extended number 1 defenseman, Morgan Reilly, and Connor Timmins has been a revelation. I love this team. I want them to succeed, but it is absolutely insane how much failure they've seen in history:

It was 4-1 in 2013. The only real bright side (if you even can call it that) was that the 2013 was weak and honestly was lucky to be there.

The Caps series was not a failure. They played over their heads and took multiple games to OT.

Boston? Game 7 loss.
Boston? Game 7 loss after leading the series.
Boston? Game 7 loss after leading the series AND the game 7.

COLUMBUS? Bro.

And holy fuck. Montreal. It was 3-1, man. That was embarrassing. I've never hated a sports team more than that moment, and I watched Texas Tech get trounced 65-21 in 2007 after being 9-0 and #2 in the nation for THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME EVER.

The Tampa loss just felt like what it was: A loss to a better team. I hate that we let Nick Paul score those two goals, especially the second one, but it was a tight series, they never felt out of it.

Honestly, this has barely been on topic, but my point is that the history of the Toronto Maple Leafs is sad. It's sad in a pathetic way. It's sad in a tragic way. It's just sad. And I love this stupid fucking team. And no, this was not a word for word copy of an LFR. I'm just venting.

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]