Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Cw pass

[Image: hallsy.png]

SHL/SMJHL Finals

1. CW TRIVIA
Catchphrase

3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (187 words.)

S68 has been thus far everything I hoped it would be, going this season my goal was simple: To improve in terms of being a player and do better than during Season 67 and I absolutely have on every possible front. More points, more goals, more assists, and going deeper into the playoffs and perhaps even winning the Four Stars Cup! The key to my success this season is due to having worked in key areas in my play ahead of the start of the regular season and thus I will be putting the focus on continuing that for next season with hopes of going back-to-back into the Finals. If there is one thing I would aim to work harder on in order to improve next season is my scoring capability, I am a Sniper yet for the past two seasons I've made most of my points through passing which is by no means wrong but I am a goal scorer, so if I am able to improve on that front I will only become a more dangerous threat on the ice for the seasons to come.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (186 words)

This is a one-sided battle, where if we select three living war boats with eyes versus a herd of 45 raging bulls grouped together by packs of 15 per boat at first glance the result is clear to see, the living war boats own the raging bulls. But this isn't precise, I mean, let's put some in some numbers. If we use as a reference for the warships a US Iowa-class battleship has 212,000 shaft horsepower so times three that is 636,000 shaft horsepower. One bull has about 1.5 horsepower within it, let's put it at maybe two if it's in a raging state so times 45 that makes it 90 horsepower total. But then again, the bulls have the assistance of three boats upon which they stand. Let's say they are tugboats that range between 680-3400 horsepower, so let's use the most powerful one so 3400 times three for 10,200 horsepower which you add to the force of the bulls for a total of 1,290 hp which is nothing even close to the 636,000 hp the warships have under the deck. Thus, easily, warships wins.

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
+3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

Beyond Prompt

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (183 words.)

Considering the incredible season the Detroit Falcons had during S68 ( Third or fourth all-time best regular season record if I recall ) I feel like the most fitting sport that would suit the Falcons best would be American Football or even Soccer. NFL Football would be a perfect fit for the boys in Red for it would allow them to utilize their aggressive style of play along with their passion and indomitable passion for the sport and let's not forget the skills they possess as a group to steamroll through the opposition and put several touchdowns on the board. Soccer would end up being a similar choice as it would allow for Jeff Newman to excel in net, our defenders such as Nash Topalo, Julian Florsch , Cob Corning, Nathan MEagher, Deemed Inappropriate, and Dany Frackin-Heatley to exert their dominance at the blue line and scorers such as myself, Bnana NWaffles along with The Terrence, Brodan Jarovsky, Billy Herrington, Trap Zelenock, Tobias Wrexks, 4 Chainz and Aurora Azjha would put many goals past the netminders enough to give headaches to every teams we come across.

23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem.
The word is my Bastien's family name.

Precise
Ruthless
Impeccable
Majestic
Elite
Agile
Unique

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 10:22 AM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: redcarpet

+ 3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

If there's anything I learned about playoffs it's team chemistry. If a team's roster is very similar to before, meaning little has changed, the chemistry is still the same too and that seems to play a big role. I can very well imagine that Seattle can repeat what they did last time.
(52 words)

+1 TPE

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

I'm not sure that at this point of my career (or my player's career, call it what you want) something like New Year's resolutions should be a thing anymore. It's something younger players can talk about while they're still actively improving their skills and don't know yet what regression even means. Carpet isn't able to improve anything anymore or show anything that he hasn't shown before. Regression is really that bad being this far into one's career. It's completely out of my hands and we all know this. Of course I always hope to make the finals, every single season, but this time there really isn't anything in particular that can be done. Perhaps really just hope for the best and maybe some luck? We all know that all you really need to do is make the playoffs and after that anything is possible. I'll stick to that. If Toronto can make the playoffs there is still a chance to reach the finals.
(163 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

It's relatively easy. We all know the history of the Great Lakes. At least if you're old enough you know it, if not you'll probably learn something here. It used to be four teams - my team (Toronto), Hamilton, Buffalo and Chicago and due to the rules we had back then all three always made the playoffs and we didn't. Somehow it would be really cool to play all of them on the way to the cup. We would have to add one other random team since Chicago is no longer in the east, but that doesn't matter here. Beating both Hamilton and
Buffalo (plus team X, you might as well throw in Montreal now) and then meeting and of course beating Chicago in the finals would be my list of dream playoff opponents. Simply because all of them made our lives difficult in the past. I don't think anything would mean more to some old TOR players.
(157 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

I could write here what I write every year. My team is team Finland and we're probably one of the favorites to win again this time. We won three gold medals (and a bronze...) recently and I'm quite sure we'll be able to win another medal this time. Gold would be nice of course, but I'd take any of them, especially since I've never had a silver medal before. Expectations for my player are probably relatively low since my player is just a backup goalie and won't get most of the starts. The rest of the team has pretty much stayed the same as before, but we will have two rookies this time, so we'll see how much that changes. In general I think the other two Nordic teams (Sweden and Norway) are pretty strong so watch out for them. Perhaps Canada too, or even some unexpected country this time? We will see.

(153 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey. 

It has to be neutral and we can't use Switzerland? Okay that's a little more difficult, but then again there are many countries to choose from since we only use a very small number of existing countries in our version of IIHF. Then again, how do I interpret this? Existing as in 'real' country or as in 'nation is part of our version of IIHF'? Since it's not 100% clear to me, I'll pick the latter. It should be a place that actually has ice rinks, so nothing too obscure and people should be able to get there. Some countries that come to mind are Italy, Slovenia or Slovakia or something like that. Let's just pick Italy and a location somewhere in the mountains, maybe South Tyrol? Good food, nice scenery and it's close enough to Switzerland to count as neutral I guess. Travel time isn't that bad either since it's still in Europe and most IIHF nations are from there.

(161 words)

+3 TPE

If necessary +3 TPE from milestones

---
16 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

SMJHL GM CW pass

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 12:51 PM by efischermann. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Fisch

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

This is definitely a different team than the one we faced last year. It is much more balanced and can beat you in a lot of ways. Still anchored by my old friend Sven Svechnikov in the back, the are a hungry team and one that will not want a repeat of last years’ finals.

55 words

Code:
b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

This team absolutely can and will do it again. With Max Manning having one of, if not the best season in SHL history, along with all the veteran pieces this team possesses and a great mix of players entering their prime, it is hard to see any other outcome than Seattle lifting the cup again.

55 words

Code:
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

The only hope that Manhattan realistically has in this series is to shut down Max Manning. No team has been able to do it thus far during the regular season or the playoffs as can be seen from their winning the Presidents Trophy and the sterling record during the postseason. I think that Lind will be able to be contained by the stellar defense in Seattle, meaning that other players will need to step up.

75 words

Code:
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

I mean I am biased but of course I am going to go with Seattle. I think Manning is on a warpath and during this season of destiny, with our fearless leader Tig stepping down as general manager at the end of the season, I don’t see any other outcome than sending him out as a back to back champion.

60 words

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

The first thing on my to do list is to reach the 2,000 club. I should be able to get there this season, and that would be such a great accomplishment. I don’t think I will be able to get to the top spot in my class, but let’s call that a shoot for the moon kind of goal. The next thing is I want to see if I can help lead the Argos to a three-peat. Being the top dog on defense now, I need to take the reins and really show that I can lead the group. The last goal I would set for myself is joining the quad gold crew. Great Britain has had some really good showings the last couple years, I really want to get them over the hump and win gold, which would mean I would have a championship at every level, having won with Vancouver (SMJHL), Team USA (World Juniors) and Seattle (2x, SHL).

161 words

Code:
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

Well, in all honesty I have had my dream outcome the last two seasons. While it is not the Rage specifically by any means, I came into this league with Sven Svechnikov as a mentor and defensive partner. We won together in Vancouver and he is genuinely one of my favorite people on this site. So, since we aren’t on the same team, I may as well beat him! That has been the outcome in consecutive years, and while I feel for him because he does deserve a championship and the recognition of being one of the top defensemen in the league, it does feel good to beat him. If I could pick a secondary option, it would probably be Calgary. Nothing against anyone there, but I thought that is who I would be drafted by and they passed me up. I am so honored to be in Seattle and there is no where else I would rather be, but I can’t lie and say that I attribute most of my success to being underrated coming into the SHL.

179 words

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestone Claim

16/16 TPE

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Code:

triviapls

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Locker Layout
How does your player keep their dressing room stall organized? What's in it? Create a graphic of what your players stall looks like. Include some things that are meaningful to your team or player.

AllBran <3's Michael Cera

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Paparazzi 
Your player got a little too wild during 2023 New Year celebrations. Create a graphic of a paparazzi photo catching your player or your team enjoying themselves a little too much. 

Big night

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Paparazzi 
Your player got a little too wild during 2023 New Year celebrations. Create a graphic of a paparazzi photo catching your player or your team enjoying themselves a little too much. 

AllBran also <3's James Acaster

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Dead of Winter 
The snow zombies have risen and we've got to do what we can to survive. Show me the intricate snow fort that your player builds to defend themselves against an oncoming horde of brain hungry snow monsters! 

Snow fort

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Seattle Champ ring

Total: 16/16 TPE

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

gm pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Simmer PT Pass

CW Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 06:57 AM by Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Wack

+ 3 TPE

Code:
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S68 Milestones

+ 3 TPE

Affiliate PT

ISFL PT

+ 3 TPE

Total: 9/16

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 10:45 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 1 time in total.)

3 TPE - 0. Affiliate Claim https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid655167

3 TPE - 1.  seriouslymanhattan

3 TPE - 3. 
It’s a new year for Rebecca Montagne who is looking to finally secure a cup in the SHL. After two fantastic seasons of the Winnipeg Aurora, she went missing in the playoffs. 2022 did not deliver what she hoped, and despite a Ryan Jesster trophy, there is nothing else noteworthy I think. Was Switzerlands gold last year as well? Maybe that then!  For 2023 all should be different, we hope to win the cup with Winnipeg, win some gold with Switzerland would also be nice, but she really would like to win a McBride trophy. She had an excellent  year and lead the league in shutouts, so hopefully this will be enough to reel in the award, definitely not a consolation price for her. Montagne does wish everyone the best for 2023 and hopes it will deliver whatever you would love to achieve. Happy new year SHL, and see you next year to hopefully fulfill my goals.

3 TPE - 5.
Boats with heads versus a herd of raging bulls, it seems like an easy battle for either team depending on the battle field. If you would go for a naval battle location, the boats will win without firing a shot, as i doubt the bulls wil be able to swim. But if we would go to hold a battle on the land, the boats wont be able to move and then there is no stopping them. So our battlefield will be a beach. The boats in the water and the bulls on the land. From here on out it will depend on the tactic of the team. Will the bulls be able to hit the boats and make them sink before they are shot down? A lot of this will be decided by Willie Miller if he is still part of the boats, I’m too lazy to look it up. But if he is still in net, i’m sure the long range weapons of the boats will be succesfull, as nothing gets past his horrible luck.

3 TPE - 7.
Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303219

1 TPE - 13.
"Willie Miller seattle goaltender cup winner"
[Image: 5RuJGuZ.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 01:12 PM by jeffie43. Edited 17 times in total.)

Code:

Elric

+ 3 TPE

Code:

Code:
a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

I think that Manhattan coming into the series with a more balanced attack will be more beneficial against a similarly built team in the Seattle Argonauts. Although the team may not have that superstar that Lebedev was last season, it is more beneficial in the playoffs to have a more well rounded team so that the one player isnt focused and doesnt get shut down.

Code:
b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

At the end of the day the sim is unpredictable. Especially this season we have seen a lot of upsets all over the SHL Playoffs with teams we may have considered to be superior to others and some even a shoe-in to win such as the Winnipeg Aurora. Especially with the lack of testing a lot of teams are going in blind and have no idea about a lot of the unknown factors in the sim.

Code:
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

I think both players will be able to perform at a very high level but I give Manning the slight edge considering how he performed in the regular season. Even after breaking the Regular Season record for points and goals in a season he has stepped it up in the playoffs after being last on his team in GF/60 and not being among the top in most advanced categories.

Code:
d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

Unfortunately for the Manhattan Rage and the "Parity" complainers in the SHL wherever they are, I think the Seattle Argonauts are simply too powerful to be stopped in these playoffs. They have a really strong roster and the chemistry with one another to carry the team far. Although Manhattan is a strong team they just seem to lacking so far in these playoff finals.

+ 4 TPE

Code:

I think it is very clear what Edward Elric's New Year Resolution is going to be considering the former 1st overall pick is getting called up soon, and by soon I mean this upcoming season as his SMJHL rights have expired after 4 strong seasons where he was able to show a diverse playstyle on 2 different teams, the Anchorage Armada and the Quebec City Citadelles. Next season, Edward Elric is getting called up to his SHL Team, the New England Wolfpack, where he plans on putting together a strong campaign for Rookie Of The Year against what appears to be one of the strongest rookie campaigns he has seen in a while against players like Skovgaard and Philippe Eko-Eel among many many others. He is hoping to be able to showcase his abilities that he once showed in an Anchorage Armada jersey where he was among the league's best goal scorers and managed to stay consistent as he saw volume increase and decrease.

+ 3 TPE

Code:

I think one of the teams I would love to beat in the SHL Finals would have to be the Seattle Argonauts or the Chicago Syndicate really. Both have really strong teams that are capable of beating any other team and it would be super fun to face them in a playoff series in the Challenge Cup finals when the New England Wolfpack eventually get to that point, but for now we will have to settle for getting bounced by the Toronto North Stars unfortunately as we happen to be in one of the toughest divisions in the league, if not, the toughest. Similarly, I also used to play for the Seattle Argonauts and I would love to beat my former team in the playoffs after they traded my old player (Even though I asked out, we need the story line okay). Although I have never played for Chicago Syndicate I have a lot of people I dont like on the team like jnh and nhamlet and I really want to beat them up.

+ 3 TPE

Code:

SMJHL Milestones
+ 2 TPE

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Extravagant
Level-headed
Ruthless
Intelligent
Calm

+ 2 TPE

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S68 Challenge Cup series
-The S68 Four Star Cup series
-An S68 IIHF preview
-A Breakdown of how your favorite hockey team’s season is going

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

LINK TO PODCAST

Well, Season sixty-eight didn't go exactly as planned, I guess every season you go into it super hopeful, I was jacked up due to the fact we landed some pretty solid dudes and sometimes things just don't go your way. So I guess next season the plan is to keep up the consistent work, I consider myself a pretty hard worker and I don't plan on stopping the workload anytime soon. We take everything we learned from 2022 and we pound 2023 with that along with season sixty-nine. I'm hoping that my teammates see this and plan on doing the same because if there's any year we're going to win, besides last season, it's this season, one last chance for me to do what I've always wanted to do with Kelowna and in 2023 my resolution is to bring home a cup, and I will be extremely upset if I can't hold that promise, if not I would like to try and break a Kelowna Knights record.

I feel like the Kelowna Versus Vancouver battle hasn't gotten the love lately, I have rarely had the opportunity to appreciate this rivalry but of all the teams I would like to steamroll in the playoffs I would pick them, I believe both teams are on a turn around and hopefully this upcoming season we can expect some amazing battles on both sides. There have been tons of great rivalries in the simulated hockey league but credit has got to be given with the battle of British Colombia. I've heard tons of great stories from the Kelowna locker room about this rivalry but unfortunately in my career I haven't had the opportunity to face them in the playoffs, I have one last season to try and make this happen but I think if it were to happen how epic would it be to have a full seven game series? If it happens I expect it to be the best series in the Juniors playoffs.

+3 TPE - Milestones claim

16. Written, 3 TPE, A Country Built on Hockey (150 words min.)

If you could peacefully create a U.N. style alliance of countries for the sole purpose of creating the best possible international hockey team, which countries would be in it and why? Tell me about your super team. What would you name it? This can be SHL related or real life! Have fun!

I hope the majority of everyone agrees with this statement, I believe that it is a NO BRAINER here. Team North America in the IIHF or WJC or any form of hockey league would be absolutely dominant. I gotta give a bit of credit to the Americans, Yes you are very good at hockey and as Canadians, we acknowledge that completely. Now as a Canadian I also gotta say, we are the dominant hockey country. Now that being said adding to the two most dominant hockey countries in the world and creating a team North America that would be just unfair, to be honest, I mean the only true team that raises any inch of threat would be either Russia or one of the "Scandinavian" teams like Sweden or Findland but again, probably not even close on that one. I know in one of the "World Cups" of hockey tournaments there was a team North America and I can't remember specifically how that went because it was a while ago but I think to this day that team North America would just be unfair and that teams would just start waving the white flag and start looking for new jobs.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]