Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

norway

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

With the regular season he just had, scoring at a rate of one goal per game, I don’t see a way in which Max Manning can be stopped during these playoffs. You will need to outscore him. When it comes to Lev Lebedev, I think the highly talented Seattle’s defence can definitely cause him trouble and they could find a way to slow him down.

65 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

My player has been a little bit disappointed with is goal-scoring output this last season and he wants to put more goals on the board next season. However, he doesn’t think he needs to improve his shoot, because he is scoring most of his goal with the help of his shoot. He thinks that if he wants to improve his goal numbers, he needs to get more of these so-called garbage goals that you get by putting yourself into traffic dans using the strength to outmuscle your opponents. Therefore, going forward, he wants to improve the time he spends in front of the net. Sazlberger wants to work on his ability to screen goalies and he wants to work on positioning himself in a better fashion in front of the goal so he can collect rebound and transform these loose pucks into goals. Sazlberger will spend a couple hours every week working on these aspects of his game this offseason.

160 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

As an Atlanta Inferno player, if you’ve been paying attention to the last two playoffs, it will be quite easy to determine which team I would like to beat during next season’s playoffs. Of course, I’m talking about the Manhattan Rage who eliminated us during S67 and S68 playoffs. In both those seasons, we had a great regular season performance and finished in front of them both times. We ended up facing them in the second round in the last two playoffs and both times, they got the best of us by winning the series in seven games during S67 and in seven games again in this season’s playoffs. The fact they went to the final during both seasons makes me think we could have had similar success if they didn’t stand in our way. I really want to face them again next season so we can finally get our revenge and have these close series go our way this time.

161 words

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S68 Milestones +3 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Salzberger is as excited as he could be for this season IIHF tournament. Him and his country, Norway, won the last tournament, so they are going in as the defending champions and he hoped they can retain the title. Leading up to our title run, we saw great improvement in every tournament which led us to our title and Norway will hopefully keep following this trend and offer an even better performance than at last year’s tournament. However, it’s going to be really difficult to match last season’s results. As a whole, our team is still quite young. Looking at our roster, there is still some hole on defence and between the pipes, but we hope some of our players step up and can fill these roles by exceeding our expectations. When it comes to forwards, I think we have the tolls necessary to be one of the best attacking forces in this tournament and we will need our forwards to perform at their best level if we want a chance at repeating.

173 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

boop

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Too Many Choices (150 words min.)

Next season is Season 69, and that's great and all, but we can't decide on a slogan. You see, 69 is the funny number, and therefore there are so many wacky, silly, goofy, little slogans that we can choose from. Which one is the best? We need your help! Give us a couple of choices for a Season 69 slogan, and a short explanation of why they're so funny and fitting for next season!

You don't get a couple of suggestions. There will only be one. The Simulation Hockey League's hottest season is Season 69 and its slogan: Whelmed. You see, s69 gets so hyped and highly uh...valued for absolutely no reason, and therefore anything short of spectacular will be a letdown. And by spectacular I'm talking goalie fights, arenas literally on fire, teddy bear tosses but with bees, a new seasonal flu variant that makes you sing uncontrollably spreading through the league like wildfire, an FHM that makes sense, team dogs, SCANDALS, SANDALS, speed knitting instead of shootouts, everyone's first names and last names swapping places, roman numerals in place of regular BORING player numbers, mic'ing up every team's loudmouth during games, and so on and so on. None of that is going to happen besides "hehe 69 nice", so. Whelmed. Season 69 is the season of whelm, but I do still hope it's memorable regardless. Second option (yes I lied) > S69: nice 
(159 words)

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)

If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

I was born to be the judge of a creek competition. Water? Love that shit. Lack of people? Big big bonus. My biggest problem would be having to choose one as the ultimate creek. In terms of criteria, number one has to be the water itself. I would not be bringing any math into that, or any of the other factors I take into consideration for that matter. It'll be all about the overall, very subjective feel, and that's my prerogative as CREEK JUDGE. Back to the water: this would be weighed very heavily, but I'd be aiming to pick one that's balanced. By that, I mean full goldilocks. No water? Not even a creek. A mere trickle may as well be your leaky tap, and if you find yourself letting Jesus take the wheel while your raft flies through at Mach speed then you are in fact on some rapids. My perfect creek would have a steady but gentle water flow, and it would be quiet enough to accompany birdsong rather than mask it. Easy creek to describe, but much harder to actually find. I want to be able to comfortably nap by this champion creek, and I want to look like Snow White while while I do it. Bonus points if the creek already has a name. 
(219 words)

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)

Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

Hell yeah time to make a movie about OWLS. Even better yet, owls and LIONS. In a world where lions are the size of owls, and owls are the size of lions, a ragtag group consisting of members from each species forms to get to the bottom of the mystery haunting them all: why did they swap sizes, and how come the rest of the world doesn't remember how things used to be? Starring Dee Bradley Baker as literally every voice, with grunting background vocals from Brett Goldstein, and mouse-like roaring from my pet cat Tabasco. Watch in glorious 2D as freakishly large owls struggle to fly in forests without hitting anything, and unbearably smol lions resort to dangerous, high mortality pack hunting in between bouts of pspspspspsps from local human idiots. Then discover the true meaning of friendship when little Kyle the lion almost sacrifices himself to save the life of designated gang curmudgeon Philip the owl from the dastardly mouse wizard behind it all: Lil Big Cheese.

(169 words)

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Very
Intensely
Keen
To
Obliterate
Records

Total from all tasks: 16 TPE

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 12:00 AM by Bruins10. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Verification Word: Eska

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. Honestly, at quick glance you would think that this years current roster, having more players at a point per game would be more deadly. But, it is so tough to choose. Last season they had Lebedev with one of the most dominant performances of the playoffs I have ever seen and maybe even in league history using the FHM simulator engine. Hopefully it is enough to dethrone the Seattle Argonauts in this rematch.

b. I do not think they will lose this time around. I mean, they did go into the last game of the series and won the match-up in 7 the last time around. But, looking closer at how they got there last year, they played a total of 16 games before the finals match up. 2 sweeps leading all the way to the finals is a crazy way to enter the last match-up, that is one way to build up a momentum train and team chemistry. This time around they did not sweep twice, but they played the same number of games. I think it is a repeat for Seattle.

c. This is one of those things where it is either or. And you might go "well, obviously Bruins, that is a dumb thing to say" but just let me finish. I think they either BOTH continue their amazing pace and dominance they have had so far for their respective teams. Or, they go into the finals and focus solely on stopping the other person that it ends up slowing their performance as well. Playing a great defensive game takes a bunch of energy out of you, that it might cause you to slow down on the other side of the rink.

d. I just do not see how you can go against the team that won it last year. They are going into the finals in the same form they had last season. The Argonauts even won an extra 11 games in the regular season this year compared to the last. If anything, yes they have the same style of team and a lot of familiar faces, but they have improved as a group and that is hard to come by. Until they are taken off the side of the forum with the word "Champions" written underneath the banner, they will be my finals pick going forward.

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?
I am really not sure what Bruno Tooyo will end up doing next season, whether he is in the Juniors for another season or if the Barracuda will decide to call him up to the pros. That, can change things depending the direction of the team and what they need me to be in the future. But, all things considered, Bruno Tooyo has one thing in mind when it comes to the improvement of his player. And that improvement is being a relevant player in the league. How you might say? Everyone dreams of playing in the league and leading the league in points and scoring a lot of goals and setting league records in a bunch of different categories. But, for Bruno Tooyo and the user that is Bruins10, he wants Bruno Tooyo to be a relevant player in the fantasy league aspect of the game. Get a lot of blocked shots and hits, as well as shots. Those secondary points where a player gets drafted high in the fantasy leagues.

Code:

Bruno Tooyo - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302501

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.
So, I must start off by saying that I am an avid ASMR fan. Something that probably started off as a joke years ago with my friends ended up sticking as a hobby and a routine for me. My sleep was awful and it is something that has helped me let go of my phone early on in the night and has really helped me knock out right away and get myself a good night sleep.
When I think of judging a creek championship, my head went straight away to the sounds of ASMR. When my eyes close and I think of a creek, I think of that wonderful sound of running water throughout the creek. And not only that, but how it is in such a perfect and unique environment. So for me, the sound would be the big piece of the judging. Aswell as the smell of the environment of this creek. In order to enjoy the calmness of the creek, you must be able to stand next to it and live with it. With a putrid smell, how does that happen?
So quickly, the sound of the creek is the big picture with the smell and the environment of the creek being the 2A and 2B factors of the evaluation.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 02:41 PM by teztify. Edited 3 times in total.)

CW TPE: 16/16

Code:

dog

Code:

+3 TPE - S68 SMJHL Milestones

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

The Newfoundland Berserkers marketing department has come into a huge windfall, as the heir to the Mary Brown's fortune has decided to bankroll an animated feature film about the Berserkers' new mascot - Toot the Viking Dog. Rumour has it that the Mary Brown's heiress (Marie Brown) is a huge fan of Toot the Viking Dog, and intends to make Toot the most famous mascot in the world of sports. The Berserkers marketing team is hard at work finalizing the details, and it sounds like it is going to be a real smash hit. Titled "Toot and Tummy go to Mary Brown's", the movie not only features Toot's canine glory, but also Tummy Hurts, starring in the role of Toot's best friend. Voicing their own characters, Toot and Tummy Hurts will be making their acting debuts in this film. From what we know of the plot, it seems Tummy will find out about Toot's longstanding desire to escape from the Mary Brown's Centre and make it to Mary Brown's itself, to try some of that sweet chicken - including the famous Big Mary sandwich. Tummy, always in tune with his tummy, takes on this important task, and sneaks Toot out of the arena and heads out to Mary Brown's. What kind of wacky hijinks will these two get up to?

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)
You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates.

Moving forward, the Simulation Hockey League is changing course - while the teams and rosters will stay the same, the league will now become a cooking contest. With this change, there is little doubt the Newfoundland Berserkers will be favourites to establish a Simulation Major Junior Cooking Contest dynasty, with many qualified cooks, bakers, and chefs resident in the Berserkers locker room. Whether it be their penchant for cooking picture perfect ketchup pasta, exquisite sourdough with quirkily named starters (like President Jimmy Starter), rice cooked to perfection whether with or without a rice cooker, Byrde's famous Newfoundland moose jerky, or outrageous volumes of cheerios with milk, the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room is a veritable gold mine of delicious food and drink. If the Simulation Hockey League were turned into a cooking competition, there is little doubt the Berserkers would remain the finest pipeline into the major leagues. You might even think the competition was rigged.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word.

T ummy
U sually
M unches
M any
Y ummy
H ams
U ntil
R epulsive
T orment
S tarts

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

The Seattle Argonauts have won the Challenge Cup! In terms of the Challenge Cup finals, they pretty much went as expected. The Argonauts were a dominant team this year, topping the regular season standings with an astounding 111 points. The Manhattan Rage were always underdogs coming into this series, with the only surprise really being that they managed to push the Argonauts to a decisive seventh game. The cinderella run to the finals, nearly ending with a Challenge Cup, was really the only major surprise in my opinion, so the playoffs went largely as expected. Somewhat boring for those looking for upsets, but at least somewhat reassuring from a sim perspective that the hard work these regular season favourites put in paid off when it mattered.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 05:54 PM by notoriousTRON. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate Claim
+3 TPE

Milestones
+2 TPE

Code:

apples
+3 TPE

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 11:52 AM by Bfine. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Sota

5. I think the obvious question is does the battle take place on land or on water? If its on land the bulls should win this easily as the boats cannot move if they are landlocked unless they sprout cartoony legs to be able to walk. The bulls can easily break through wood as well, or even stab a boat in the eye. If its on water the boats will win easily, as while bulls can swim they are certainly not known for their swimming ability, and I would expect the boats to win in some kind of war of attrition. I think it gets interesting if it’s a mix of land and sea, as both teams will have their natural element. I would still lean toward the bulls just due to the sheer number and the fact they can technically traverse both land and sea, but the boats may be able to coordinate better than a herd of bulls.

7. Milestones +3

15. I think this is finally the year that Sweden wins the IIHF. They have a stacked roster at all 3 positions, and I don’t believe they have any player on their roster below 1000 TPE. They also are in Group B which I think is weaker overall than Group A. I do think Finland comes away with the silver, as they are a very strong team with their biggest weakness coming at forward depth. I think Canada gets the bronze, as they have good forwards and defenseman but goalie is a big issue for them. I expect my player to do absolutely nothing of value, as he typically just gets carried by the rest of Japan. Maybe playing as a forward will help but overall I still think other Japanese players will shine over him. I think the surprise team this go around will be the UK. They have had a couple down seasons but I expect them to bounce back in a major way this go around.

18. I think the biggest surprise in the playoffs for me personally was Winnipeg losing in the second round. A lot of people, myself included, expected them to win the cup at the start of the season, and to see them lose to Chicago was a huge upset in my opinion. I think the other surprise was Manhattan making the finals again. While Seattle making a run wasn’t a huge surprise to anyone, I think most people expected Atlanta to be the representative of the East this season, however Manhattan continues to show how strong of a playoff team they are by making their second final in a row.

Someone
Living
A
Very
Average
Kind
Of
Viability

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

ISFL Affiliate PT +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice +3

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and  then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the
person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

J HO gets a pass or so I was told

[Image: lespoils.gif]

cw pass because I'm a gm lol

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

Verification word: regret

3 TPE

Code:

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

A - I mean, I think they just lost the finals sadly but I could be wrong, i do not know the results as of writing but they seemed to have gotten better which is promising for the future at least for them. They were stronger than the last finals they made. Just need to get past the finishing line.

[58 words]

B - I mean it helps they are 1 of the highest teams in TPE overall so yeah it makes sense they would go on to probably make the finals and win it again. Makes a nice change from seeing Buffalol and Hamilton dominate though whilst I am happy in minor league. They might just go on to win a 3rd potentially. Assume they did dominate this final vs the Rage too.

[70 words]

C - I mean, I am going to assume whoever won had that respective player continue to be good for them otherwise they were not very key for them when it actually mattered against one of the better teams I assume they both played compared to the first couple of rounds vs bad teams. Go both key players, dont choke a ring away!

[61 words]

D - I will guess Seattle since I dont know who won nd i think they are the stronger team. Plus they have proven they can get the job done and the Rage just have yet to proven it. History happens again type of thing. It would be nice to see the forum in another colour cause it is always fun but eh. Seattle deserve another ring if they do win.

[70 words]

4 TPE (7 TPE total)

Code:

So Isaac Forty One's new years res was to become captain but he has managed to do that back to back. Now it would be nice to go further in the play offs but success is more so in regular season for Isaac than coin flipping play off stuff that he can help with but not force winning since it is more of a team based thing.

I guess mentally prepare to finish this minors career and see how majors goes and above all make sure Aneeq does not drink any more alcohol as it is affecting his health and as his secret lover I fear losing my fourth favourite Scottish person of all time so I have to make sure he doesn't change oxygen for alcohol. I wish the last sentence was just a weird statement for filler but I am basically quoting from the legendary beblo himself. I worry for him. But I tried to get him into this place so maybe the next one is getting him into the WSBL :^)

[173 words]

3 TPE = 10 TPE

Code:

Milestone + 3 TPE

13 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

So I think that in this seasons WJC I will actually be able to give a fuck now that Team Dach allowed me to play with Aneeq and Pau since we made to be on the same international team that Aneeq is actually from. I hope we end up going far or even win another ring with them but who knows. We do have a solid squad though which is nice. Plus now I can hope the Swiss boys make it as I will be making my debut on the Swiss senior team and I get to play with some amazing and quality users. I can't wait.

I think my boys at Great Britain are about to go into a rebuild which is sad but I believe in them and they can go back to the glory days we had. Lovely times. I hope to have a lovely and long career with the Swiss going forward and we will see how it goes. My expectations are maybe win a few medals over the career and just have another fun international time.

[181 words]

3 TPE = 16 TPE

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 02:55 PM by awils13. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

awils

Code:

+2 (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3303324)

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

penguin

(3 TPE)

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. I think any time you can get more than just your star players on each line involved, you're dealing with a monster outside of the ordinary. Any time you can get three or four players involved in scoring it’s absolutely fantastic and teams don't mind riding those guys, but when you have seven like Manhattan does the scoring really can come from anywhere and make it near impossible to defend. (70 words)

b. Seattle is able to rebound with their same roster and the most important part of that is Willie. Willie has been dominant since entering the SHL and I can't see that changing now that he has a reliable team built around him. They may have not dominated the regular season, but this roster was built to win when it matters most with elite defense and goal tending. I don't see them being stopped. (73 words)

c. I think in this situation you have to look at Lind in specific. Manning has been spectacular and will continue to be so, but Lind is unique because he's been great and is now being forced to face against an elite level goalie and defensive unit. Willie has shown an ability to shut down any team, much less any individual player, at will and it will be interesting to see if Lind has anything creative up his sleeve to get past that. (82 words)

d. I think you'll see the same result as last season. Manhattan was a young, upstart team and they've certainly gotten better with another season under their belt. It’s all people have been talking about. What has been ignored is that Seattle's players haven't just been sitting around and getting worse. This is a team who was dominant last season and improved themselves this season. And they still have Willie. Different season, Seattle is still champions. (75 words)

(7 TPE)

Adelie has a goal to not only see the finals next season, but to become a better overall player. He has now made deep playoff runs in multiple seasons with Chicago, but hasn't quite found a way to get over that hump. With the new year though, Adelie wants to dedicate himself to being a better penguin. He's become a pretty lockdown defenseman as he has repeatedly made clutch plays with blocks and takeaways deep in his own ice, but that is only one facet of the game. He wants to get better at helping his team on the other side as well. Offense is the name of the game for this penguin and he strives to find a way to better distribute the puck to his teammates and start racking up assists while also taking better, smarter shots of his own. When in Nevada he became known for shooting accurate shots from deep and it is time that slappers from the blueline make their return! (166 words)

(10 TPE)

4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly. 

I think if Adelie and Chicago are to ever win the cup, I think I would want them to have to beat Seattle on the way. It seems a little silly as logic dictates that we should avoid Seattle. After all, this is the team that has eliminated us in multiple consecutive playoff runs. Most of it comes down to one man and his name is Willie Miller, goalie for Seattle. He has repeatedly come into series against us and put up absolute clinics. Every single time we play Seattle, the fear of being Willied on reverberates through the entire locker room. Each time we see Seattle on the schedule, the man haunts our dreams. He is an elite, clutch, playmaking goalie and frankly I think any championship win in which we don't first overcome Willie is meaningless. After all, what is the point of reaching the highest points if you don't first overcome the monsters who have haunted you? (160 words)

(13 TPE)

Milestones +3 TPE

(16 TPE)

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 11:58 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 8 times in total.)

TOTAL: 16+ TPE  (14 from assignments + 3 TPE max for trivia)

1. CW Trivia (3 TPE max)

Code:
This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Hey! That was fun to do. 
Verification Code: MomsaysImspecial

3. New Year New Me (214ish words): +3 TPE
Code:

Dear diary, My only friend. Except vodka. Except the mascot. Mascot good.

Welllllllll... another season come and gone, and I total mess. But I have plan this time. I need do better. I have decided to become better Knight, better hockey player and better human being in the new year. Motherland will be proud of me. Sing songs about me.

First, they say I need to work on sobriety. Mascot said that. I mean, sure, vodka is delicious and all, but it may not worth ruining career and relationships. So, I have to cut back - at least in the morning and during practice. I also promise to be better teammate and show respect they deserve. No more stealing snacks from the locker room fridge or prank calling them at 3 AM pretending to be long lost uncle from Kazakhstan.

On the ice, I want to work on my shot and aim for the net more. I reaaaaaaally need to shoot more. I have good shoot. Proud of shoot. But I do not shoot. Don't know why I no shoot. And, perhaps most importantly, I vow to stop making deals with Russian mafia. Or at least, a little less. It's just not worth risk of getting sentenced to life back in Siberia or having legs broken again by guy named Boris. Wish me luck, diary. I going need it.

5. Boat Versus Bull (worst 185 words of your life): + 3 TPE

Code:
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

What the f is this?  Even the Russian Navy would win that fight. War boats have as primary weapons something like  16"/50 calibre Naval Gun turrets.  One hit, no bull. Raging or not, they are stupid bulls, with no weapons. What are they going to do?? And then, we forget the most important: THE WAR BOATS ARE ALIVE. LIVING WAR BOATS. Only eyes?!? Do they have mouths?  Teeth?!? That would be awesome.

If they fight on water, the bulls would need jet skis.  NOW WE ARE TALKING. Surely, it would be LIVING JET SKIS ARMED WITH LASER BEAMS. So now the bulls might have a chance, but ONLY if they become cyborgs and wear armours that shoot magma. The second scenario is a fight at the farm. The bulls would have a home advantage because LIVING WAR BOATS CANNOT BREATHE unless they are in the water. So that would not be fair. Jet skis with armoured magma raging bulls vs living war boats, that's the fight I want to see. Screw the SHL, I quit, I want to spend my time writing fanfic about that.

7. Milestones: +3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3302889

21. Animated Movie (214 words): +3 TPE 

Code:
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters?

<Voice-over>:

In a town where the arena is located inside the shopping mall.

Meet Sir Shootsalot.

And get ready for a tale of sportsmanship and teamwork, with a uniquely British Columbian twist.

Starring – according to this complete random list – Mike Myers as the voice of Sir Shootsalot. Michael B. Jordan voicing Munko Aitmukhambetov. Tom Hardy voicing Finn Brandt. Rami Malek is Wonada Jagrs, Ryan Gosling voices Jacques Hammer. Jim Carrey voicing Potential Spam. Chris Hemsworth is the voice of Petr Vrana. Chris Evans as Mito Chondria. Chris Pratt voicing Walter Ulrich. Margot Robbie as Ekaterina Valieva. Tom Holland voicing Cole Dasice. Timothee Chalamet as Rikaad Metzller. Kevin Hart voicing Dusty Wilson. John Boyega is the voice of James Lutz. James McAvoy voicing Adam Liebold. Nicholas Hoult is the voice of Pete Aleman. Zac Efron voicing Sea Jebus. And Morgan Freeman is Artermis, the boss.

They must come together and prove that they have what it takes to be champions, and do the impossible. 
TRYING <action sequence>
TO DO <a big explosion>
SOMETHING <fans crying in the stands>
IN KELOWNA <superb shot of the Okanagan Valley>
DURING THE WINTER.

Forget Miracle on Ice and every other hockey movie. Don't miss out on the feel-good movie event of the season. Sir Shootsalot: Saving Kelowna, a new holiday classic, coming soon to a dodgy streaming service. Rated R.

23. Acrostic Poem: sold my soul for +2 TPE

Code:
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word.

Everytime
Killin'it
As a 
Toxic
Irritable
Rebellious
Insecure
Narcissistic
Asshollockey player

Oh my God that's bad poetry.