Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:18 PM by supertardis101. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. done

3. Billys new years resolution to get a lot faster on the ice. He really wants to just be the fastest guy out there at all times and to just absolutely beat everybody down the court in even the most amazing of races. He is an amazing guy and he has been working very very hard to get down there training. He has been skating the length of a full marathon every single day just to practice over and over again. It takes quite a few laps around a an ice rink to get that marathon mark but lemme tell you it is absolutely worth it! Billy is doing some amazing stuff and he is going to absolutely dominate in the new year! He has never skipped leg day and he will never skip it as he contiunes to train to be the best of the best! Go Buffalo Stampede as we seek to make it our new years dominate to play as hard as we can possibly play. 

7. Milestones

22. Well if there is one sport we could absolutely dominate it would be the herding competition where the aim of the game is to stand in large field ands roam while eating grass and staying in a pack. The Buffalo Stampede feel a very special connection to this challenge as it so aligns with many of their value systems. Another great goal that I feel that we could domiante at would be to a compeititon where there is a need to stampede in an attempt to get away from a larger predator or predatory group. There are a lot of predatory groups out in the vast field of the SHL and I feel that we could really domiante the stampede and herding comeptition if that were to be somethign other teams had the neccesity of competing in. That is, after all, in the title of our description. I really faily to see any other teams that could either herd or just be generally wild animals better than we could. Amen and go Stampede!

23. Billy poem

Burnout
Intelleuctual
Living
Yossarian

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

1. CW Trivia (3 TPE)

Gatorade

3. New Year's Resolution (3 TPE)

In S69, Leon has determined that he needs to take the season number more into spirit. We all know the jokes, all the memes about the number. But behind that number is a true desire, and an arguable human need. Leon will be investing considerable time, resources and efforts into living it up as much as possible in San Francisco as he enjoys wasting away, inching towards retirement. But realistically, Leon's resolution is mainly to be a veteran leader on the team and within the organization for the young players being added and developing through the San Francisco system. Just today, three new Pride prospects were brought into the organization. While the chances of them overlapping with Leon are quite low, there's always the possibility for Leon to assist them and show them how to adapt to the grind of an SHL season, as well as adjusting to the pace, talent and skill needed to thrive in this new system compared to the expectations of the SMJHL.

4. Dream Series (3 TPE)

I don't have many people I hate in the league. Maybe I should clarify, I don't hate anyone in the league, since that sounded a bit ambiguous. But I would be pretty happy to play any of my former teams in a playoff series. Buffalo would be the first team on that list, as they drafted me ages ago and traded me before I could play a game for them. Atlanta would also fall in that category, as they acquired me as a prospect from Buffalo and initially flirted with the idea of bringing Leon up to the pros at some point in time. Right before that appeared to happen, the decision changed and Leon was set to stay down for another season. However, Edmonton swooped in as the hero and acquired Leon for a mere 3rd round pick, and instantly called him up to their pro roster. While it was a good time and I'm grateful that I had a chance to play there, they are still a former team which means that I'd love to play against them in a playoff series. Oh, and the player of literally anyone else that I know, but that's a lot of people to call out individually.

7. Milestones (3 TPE)
+3 as per claim sheet

20. Creek (3 TPE)

First of all, I'd like to say that this is the most bizarre prompt I've ever seen, and therefore I had to select this one to respond to. I genuinely did a double take looking at the prompts when deciding what to write about, and had to read the word "creek" about 4 times before realizing that this is genuinely a competition about....judging natural creeks? Wack, but I think the best way to judge it is by white-water factor. As a white-water kayaking enthusiast, I must judge these creeks by their ability to kayak through. Most creeks are light in water content, and I could very well be mixing this shit up with a river or some other snake form of water body, so I wouldn't expect many to have rapids. But if the water moves quickly enough and there are enough rocks in the creek to form rapids, it will score well from me. I will also award points for how peaceful they are to sit next to. So those are the extremes here, either white water that you can die to or the most peaceful flowing water body.

23. Acrostic Poem (2 TPE -> 1 TPE due to cap)

Licks
Every
Ostrich
Neck
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:59 PM by Punk42AE. Edited 4 times in total.)

PBE Affiliation
+3 TPE

Milestones
+3 TPE

Trivia - Frankenstero
+3 TPE

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)

What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?
JR Frankenstero's New Year resolution for season 69 is to continue to work on winning the face offs.  After starting as a Forward in the minor leagues, getting the call up to New Orleans brought with it a change to becoming the third center on the team.  And to say that brought a complete shock to the system, having that puck fall in front of two people and just standing there because of your 5 Faceoff skill is kind of jarring.  Another crazy aspect of it was the fact that your GM thought you were a defenseman for most of the time until getting called up.  But back to what to work on in the new year, going out with my best hockey friend and doing over 1,238 faceoffs a day, to get up my eyesight and stick speed for when the terrible refs drop those pucks in front of me.  Oh and also scoring more goals, because that would be nice, but mainly the Face off work. 
Code:
168 Words
+3 TPE

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem

An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:
Super
Polarity
Every
Creature
That
Entertains
Reapers
+2 TPE

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?
Seattle wins it all again!  With the team being almost the exact same makeup as last seasons championship team, it isn't a giant shock.  But I think the fact that it went to game 7 to be decided is a bigger shock than anything.  It seemed like they would steam roll the Rage after going 4-0, 4-1, 4-1 in the previous series.

Realistically though i'm never a fan of repeat championship series, just because I'd rather see a new team win it all of the time, but we all know that isn't how things happen, especially if a power house is made.  Hopefully next season we can see a new champion raise the cup, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of these teams were here again.
Code:
129 Words
+2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 02:00 AM by ajwllmsn. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. TEXAS 

3.  AJ Williams and the Texas Renegades finish another season with a very poor record. The team is on their final leg of the rebuild stage with new draftees coming in from the past 3-4 drafts. The Renegades have built a strong prospect system to hopefully recreate the success they had over 5 seasons ago. Williams is still a new player to the team after completing his second season. He’s still learning the roles but is looked at as somewhat of a leader already which so much young talent behind him coming in. Williams needs to remember his past leadership role with Newfoundland and model his present self after that. If Williams can show confidence and leadership to his team, I feel like they will be rolling again and finally get out of the bottom of the standings. Williams is happy to see the start of a contender team in the making.

Affiliate PT Username is AJW
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:41 PM by qWest. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: q
Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 tpe for milestones
Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

"Argonaut Greek soldiers hoists up ice hockey trophy in their hands while aboard ancient Greek trireme"
[Image: Argonaut_Greek_soldiers_hoists_up_ice_ho...rireme.png]
Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Just
A
Crazy
Kid

Nailing
Incredibly
Satisfying
Hits
Into
Mindless
Opponents
Ridiculous
Innit?

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:11 PM by marco999. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: kaapo

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

I really feel like it is. It is much harder to face a team where multiple people are playing well than a team carried by a single player. Look at the Edmonton Oilers, they are carried by McDavid (and Draisaitl), but as soon as you neutralize these two, the team falls apart, so I think it's a different beast, yes

60 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Kaapo Kampainen's resolution is simply to be better, simple as that. No matter what Kaapo has done in his career so far, it hasn't been enough the reach the finals once (the J doesn't count). In fact, Kaapo has never even been an All-Star or nominated for a trophy. His resolution is to improve all around. He didn't score enough goals before, but not that he's scoring more than before, he's assisting way less than he used to, so he needs to find the balance while maintaining his current goal tally. Kaapo also needs to hustle more. Early in his career, Kaapo was a turnover machine and he didn't skate enough to go back to his defensive zone. We saw that this season too, he wants to be better at backchecking so he isn't as much a liability for the Aurora. The last thing Kaapo wants to do better is protecting the puck, enough with the giveaways, dammit!

158 words  +3 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones link  +3 TPE

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animated Movie (150 words min.)
Your team's marketing department just got an enormous budget to make an animated feature film about your team's mascot. Write me a short overview of movie. What does it look like? What happens? Who voices the characters? As a graphic option, show me a still frame from that movie!

That's probably not what you had in mind when you were thinking about that prompt, but here we go! The Aurora mascot is a bear (I think) and our team name being the Aurora, I'm going the full Disney Pixar emotional journey route. The movie is about a little polar bear who is separated from his father after a poacher kills his mother and he is forced to run away. Then, he befriends various Northern animal, including a couple of quirky gay penguins that help him find a way to his father. However, they find out the key to see his lost father is found in the auroras in the night sky that they start following. They then meet a magical creature that makes them fly close to the aurora and the young polar bear remembers buried memories about his father and they find out where he's hiding. In the end, he's reunited with his father and the movie has an happy ending!

163 words +3 TPE

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)
You've been given the opportunity to change the simulated hockey league into something completely different, however your teams / teammates will not change. Choose a new competition that is completely rigged for your team to win, based on the unique skills and personalities on your team. What season long competition are you 100% confident that you and your teammates could win? As a graphic option, show me this new competition, whatever it may be, being dominated by you and a few of your teammates. 

I feel like this prompt was written for the Aurora in mind, specifically one of my teammate and also our GM, Ace! I'd change the SHL into a competition where people would try to have most problems trying to build a deck in their backyard with a Lowe's contractor, or if that's too niche, the longest time it takes to build a deck in your backyard. I joined the Aurora a while ago and Ace's deck still isn't built correctly. Now that it's the winter, I doubt they'll come and work on it, so we're still in the running until the end of the winter, so at least March. Try to find another SHL team that takes this long to build a deck, I dare you! If it comes to it, I wouldn't hesitate to sabotage my own deck so we're still in the running, I have no shame! I feel like that's so niche that we'd be guaranteed victory!

160 words  +3 TPE

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:03 PM by r1c3bowl22. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
Verification word: Poop

Code:
Milestones

Code:
Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.
I would love to be the judge of a creek competition, being a biologist. I think a winning creek would be one that is diverse in animal and plant life. I remember a creek near my university that we went into for a lab one time, there were such an abundance of bugs that lived under the rocks. It was amazing to see what lived there. Because of those bugs, there were many fish and birds that liked to come around as well. Along the shores, there were plenty of rocks to sit on and vegetation to admire. It was also a fast flowing rivier, which made it very nice to look at. During the winter, when it would freeze, people would often walk across it. Kind of fun, knowing it's not very deep if you did fall in, but that was kind of exciting anyway. So in summary, lots of plants and animals and fast flow make a winning creek.

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!
B - Better
O - off
R - regretting
J - joint
E - expeditions

In other words, if you're going to do something dumb, do it with friends.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Code:

isotope

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)

Sadly, the start of Jarrod Lakemore's career has seen him fall one series short of the finals in both seasons. He is determined to break that trend (in the good way!) and make the finals next season. This past season he had a strong year in terms of offensive production that carried through the post season, but his defensive play was perhaps most important to his team's success in the regular season. Unfortunately, his defensive game dropped off in the post season and was certainly a contributing factor to his team's disappointing performance in the semi-finals against Maine. As one of the older members of St. Louis, Lakemore will be expected to up his game and needs to find consistency in the playoffs as he will often be tasked with keeping his opponent's best scorers in check. Lakemore has generally played with at least one sniper on his wing and has been doing a good job at finding them the puck, but next season he'll need to really shoulder the defensive burden for his line throughout the playoffs to make the next step and get to the finals. (194 words)
Code:

+3 Milestones

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

Seattle iced largely the same team that won the cup last season, so seeing them repeat as champions wasn't a complete surprise. What was a surprise was the ridiculous breakout season of Max Manning, who more than doubled his production from 51 points to an absurd 113 points. He also continued his strong play with 32 points in 21 games in the playoffs. While it is certainly true that the cyclical nature of the league means there will always be young players who improve enough to become league leaders, Manning's rise has been particularly surprising due to just how quickly it happened. More importantly, he even managed to bail out my horrible decisions in fantasy and salvage 3 TPE for me, so thanks Max! (126 words)

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)

If you were the judge of a creek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship creek? Is it based on volume of water moved through the creek? Is pleasantness of sound a factor? The beauty of the creek itself? Biodiversity? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me how you would define the perfect creek.

As Jarrod Lakemore is British, the first thing he will do is disqualify all of the many creeks that can only be considered creeks by the American definition of the word "creek". Any entries that are simply small freshwater streams with no tidal properties are immediately removed from the competition as this is the equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys entering a competition for best football team. Everyone knows a creek is a small tidal inlet or estuary, with variable salinity and is affected by tidal changes. With that in mind, the best creeks are ones that have the best take advantage of their tidal properties. For example Ennore Creek in India is largely submerged underwater during high tide, but reveals a flourishing mangrove swamp during low tide. Others contain tidal flats and beach dunes where wildlife may come to graze during low tide before retreating to the ocean when high tide returns. Less impressive are things like Dubai Creek, surrounded by urban development and kept in check by quays. Creeks are natural features and human encroachment is a huge minus. (180 words)

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Liverpool's
Agnostic
Kind
Eccentric
Man
Of
Relentless
Energy

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 11:11 PM by peskypenguin. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW Trivia (3 TPE) 

- Max

3. New Year New Me (3 TPE)
  • Finn does not particularly care for New Year's resolutions so he usually does not make any. For most people, he thinks it’s just a way for weight loss companies and gyms to make their money. He thinks most people have no idea how to set goals that they will actually reach. Despite not having a New Year’s Resolution, Finn still sets goals for himself. He usually does this by quarter and has separate goals for during the season and the off season. One of his goals for this off season is to improve his skating and stamina. He feels these additions will allow him to keep up with the pace of the game and play more key minutes for his team. He really would love to make the Renegades this year despite not wanting to leave the Knights without a playoff win. For next season, he would love to continue to improve his offensive so that he can show how much he can contribute. Finn believes he needs to shoot the puck more. He hopes to be a contributor in the SHL when he finally makes the Renegades.

7. Milestones (3 TPE) 
 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=128373&pid=3305380#pid3305380

18. The Procrastinator Special (2 TPE)
  • [b]I do think the playoffs went mostly as expected. Seattle was always going to be one of the top contenders to win the cup this year. They were highly likely to repeat with all the talent they had on their roster. It was slightly surprising to see Manhattan repeat to the finals as they only finished ninth overall in standings. They were pretty much the underdog in every playoff series that they played in and beat some of the best teams in their conference. They even were able to take Seattle who I believe was the best team in the league all year to seven games. That’s really impressive. [/b]

22. Rigged (3 TPE)
  • [b]Finn loves hockey and would not want the SHL to change in any way. However if he was rigging a competition for his team to win, it would have to either be Fall Guys competition or Pickleball. Finn really loves playing Fall Guys with his teammates. He knows all the shortcuts and almost never loses a crown. While some of his teammates go out during the night, Finn often returns after one drink with a group of guys to play video games. This keeps them out of trouble and also has bonded the team. As they play so much, they would one hundred percent win a Fall Guys tournament. As for pickleball, Finn was introduced to it by one of his training partners last year and will not stop talking about it. He picked it up fairly quickly as he played tennis as a kid. He does not always have a steady partner but really enjoys playing with Jaques Hammer as his quick hands transfer over well. Both goalies are also really good as well. He’s pretty sure that most other teams would have no idea how to even play so that it would most likely be an easy win. [/b]
23. Acrostic Poem (2 TPE)

Funny
Interesting
Never
Nude

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
Confirmation Word: pizza

2. One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE, WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL, 3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

3. Milestones, 3 TPE

S68 Milestones

4. Written, Grab Bag, 4 TPE
a. I think this is a different, and better beast than last year. Seattle should struggle a lot more with this Manhattan team’s balanced attack versus last year when we were able to just key in on Lebedev to shut down Manhattan’s whole offense and take the trophy home to Seattle.
Wc: 50
b. Honestly, I don’t think they do lose. The Seattle roster is packed to the brim with all star talent, and I think this disparity is too much for Manhattan to overcome. The only way I can see Seattle falling apart is if Willie Miller has 4 off nights in a row and Manhattan is able to outscore the stable of ponies that Seattle trots out onto the ice every night.
Wc: 70
c. Max Manning has been absolutely essential and vital to Seattle’s dominance of the SHL this season and I think he will be able to continue that in the finals with no problems at all. Thomas Lind, on the other hand, has no chance against Seattle’s defense and is sure to come away stifled in this matchup.
Wc: 56
d. It’s Seattle and it’s not too close. We already saw this matchup last season and I’ll tell you what, Seattle has done nothing but get better since we last saw these teams play. I can’t tell you anything about Manhattan, but when the team that won it all last year goes out and gets better, you know the other team is going to be in for a rough time.
Wc: 69

5. Written, New Year New Me, 3 TPE
For the New Year, Willie really wants to work on the offensive part of his game. I know that typically (ok, always) goalies are not used at all on offense, but we have been having some secret meetings with the coaches and we think that adding Willie as a weapon on the offensive side of the ice will really help to open up the ice and allow our team to be more creative with the puck. Not only will this add extra strategy and ideas for us to use, but the other team will be really confused at first and that is sure to help us score at least one extra goal. We did make the finals because of a resolution that I made last year! Last year, my resolution was to run 5 miles every day. I chose this as my resolution, because when we lost in the finals to Atlanta I took it personally as my stamina could have been much better than it was at the time.
Wc: 170

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

CW Trivia: (i forgot my word, I think it's either amogus or retriprocity)

Milestones: +3 TPE

Prompt 3: Hai Nam Hoang has to consider that maybe he should open up in terms of his personality. Always cautiously reserved, Hoang has been seen by people outside of the loop as somewhat of a grouch. To local media, he's just a slightly-awkward, quiet 19-year-old. He's a perfectly personable individual with his teammates, as they've all said he really has a goofy, fun personality in the locker room, only bringing out his serious face for game-time, making him a key stabilizing presence in the locker room. His outward demeanor to everyone else has been hurting his coverage, and it's created some rumors in the past that he wasn't happy with being in Great Falls, something he had to vehemently deny. For Hoang, it'll be a choice to get a bit more personable around the media and other people that aren't his teammates.

Prompt 5: I have to believe that in a fight on water, these cartoonish warships have to be the ones who come out on top. You have to take everything into account, like the fact that the raging bulls, as deadly as they may be, are probably confined to their boats, and can only do so much in the way of swimming or fighting on boats, while the living warships have much more to bring to the battlefield in the way of expertise and battlefield tactics. I can only imagine that in the given situation, the bulls have almost no chance, with the weapons at the cartoon battleships' disposal, like cartoonishly large wooden mallets, and using their anchors as whips or maces. Now, in no way does this hold any bearing on what I think the ACTUAL matchup may look like, as there is always a chance for chaos to reign, but I'll have to give the distinct advantage to the cartoon warships.

Prompt 17: There are plenty of places to look when it comes to neutral sites for the IIHF. Incredibly willing to host any sort of international event, I would consider the three best places to host events to be Paris, Oslo, and Hong Kong. Paris has some of the best venues in the world, and they're perfect for hosting events that bring countries together. The same goes for Oslo, as Norway is a hockey country simply waiting for a big break like this one to prove they have the talent and venue to stand on their own. Hong Kong is also an incredible option to host events, since it's been in the running for Olympic events for a long time. These three places make up the top of the list for some of the best places the IIHF can go to grow the game and put on an incredible event in a venue they would enjoy.

Prompt 20: Creeks come in all shapes and sizes, and I'm a picky guy when it comes to them. What I'm looking for in a creek is a perfect atmosphere, a lot of green, be it moss, trees, or grass. I also like it to be light, but not too light. Too much tree cover makes it too dark and the atmosphere is completely ruined. For the type of streams in creeks I prefer, I like them to be around all year, but never too big. Burbling, soft, shallow streams make some of the greatest creeks in the world. It has to be a perfect little water source for all kinds of animals, like beavers, deer, squirrels, and other forest creatures. In the winter, it has to freeze in a beautiful, flowing way that makes it look like a piece of artwork cut from glass. All of those things put together would be a perfect 10 for me.

(I did more than what was asked, but we're all gonna claim 16 anyway so)

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

ISFL affiliate 3 TPE

Code:
allo
6TPE

Code:
Milestones
9TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Stuck
Your team bus from the airport to the arena is trapped in a big snow storm and delayed a few hours. Show me a scene from inside of that bus. What are you and your teammates doing to keep busy and have some fun? Or are you all just getting angry with each other and starting fist fights?
[Image: 456088361572005743.png]
12 TPE
Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Paparazzi
Your player got a little too wild during 2023 New Year celebrations. Create a graphic of a paparazzi photo catching your player or your team enjoying themselves a little too much.
[Image: tumblr_38a0924690651eef9ea87c317f1ef83b_...40_540.png]
15TPE
Code:
[Image: craiyon_222450_Shoyo_Hinata_celebrating_...eight=1052]
16TPE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:32 AM by JMacNCheese. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)

Bnana NWaffles New Years resolution is probably the same as most players and most people’s around the globes, that is to work out more! Bnana plans on upping his routine to add a little more of a workout per week now that they are stepping up into the big league. The reason behind this is, now he is playing with the best of the best and they are a lot bigger than they are in the J. By working out more hopefully it will help Hamilton start to get back to its once dominant glory. NWaffles will try and bring his experience and work ethic into Hamilton, having won two 4-Star cups in the J and been to the finals 3 of the 4 years that he spent in the J. With the new and improved workout routine on this year/season hopefully it will help improve not just Hamilton but Bnana as well.  (153 words)

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)

We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

Would 3 living war boats fighting 45 raging bulls, and who would win? My money is actually on the 45 raging bulls, 15 per boat. Now of course this would depend solely on if this battle took place over water or land, and only if the bulls had something on their feet to keep them afloat would they stand a chance in a naval battle, but I would think the war boats being alive they will have legs and maybe arms to fight on land. Now I think the 45 bulls would be able to take the 3 boats on and win, just because there is a lot more and the sheer numbers would allow them to keep thrashing the boats. Nicking the boats and breaking them slowly over time until they cannot fight anymore. In a naval fight of course the boats can move better and have the advantage so I may give it to them there but think the bulls would put up a real fight either way.  (170 words)

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

S68 Milestone Claim +3 TPE

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

The Seattle Argonauts have won the cup for a second straight year. They faced the Manhattan Rage, and while I knew Seattle would be in the finals or very close, but I did not think Manhattan would be. I believe that I had the Rage going out in the first round so definitely not in the finals. I am all for a team to repeat and make it to the finals, I am a Tampa Bay Lightning fan in real life so yeah, but I don’t mind if a team makes it in back-to-back years. When they become no disparity, that is when I have an issue with repeat teams, but I think we have that handled in this league, I think.  (122 words)

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Nice
Waving
Awesome
French
Fries
Leaving
Essential
Smiles

NWaffles Acrostic Poem

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: Falco

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Code:

agawhg

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

The rage definitely seem like they have picked up some steam during the off season. Last season, it was definitely a case of lebedev being good enough to carry the team to the finals, but now this is no longer the case, the team has grown well and they could definitely pose a challenge to the seattle argonauts
58 words

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

This squad has done it once, and they can definitely do it again. With little difference from their team last season, they definitely are the favorites to win it here, but what has changed from last season's finals, is not really on the seattle argonauts side, but it is on the manhattan side. They are no longer the cinderella story, but they are now a strong team with a will to win it this time around.
76 words

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

They need to, but they surely will continue producing as they have this season, and they do not really have any weaknesses to target to be able to shut down. The first team that will be able to shut the other down will be the one who wins, as the team that has had their star player shut down will not be able to recover sadly.
66 words

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

This is a difficult question, as both team will do anything they can to win it. Manhattan does not want to lose again, despite being in their early window of contention. They could start showing up as one of the best team right now, and maybe start a dynasty of sorts. For Seattle, last time was already considered their last chance to compete, it is almost a miralce that they have been able to reach the finals again, so now it is actually their last chance, so they need to win it now, because who knows when their next chance will be.
102 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

Actually, Paul Koivu has many players that he would like to wina gainst. First of all, pretty much all of his borthers. It is always great to go to family reunion and be able to be the one to brag about winning a cup to the rest of the family. Paul Koivu would actually love to especially win against Ricky Koivu of the philadelphia forge, because he finds him particularly annoying, and he ruined his last season at anchorage, and his last season in the world junior cup with canada, so he wants to show him that he can win without him, and even more than that, ricky koivu was keeping him from performing. paul would also love to especially beat wide peepo happy 3 koivu, because he betrayed the koivus, by transferring from canada to japan. This is considered as ultimate treason, and he wants to make wide peepo happy 3 pay for it

155 words

Code:
3 Milestones TPE

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/
[Image: e9UvIXsAAAA.png]

Code:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

Kind
Of
Ideal
Valorous
Underdog

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 12:01 AM by LampLighter. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Snow (3TPE)

3. My player's New Year's Resolution is to improve his Plus/Minus and score 40 goals next season. The things that I want my player to work on going into next season to be able to help my team reach the finals is working on his defensive game to be able to improve his plus/minus. Being able to improve my defensive game and incorporate that into my already stronger offensive game will give my player the best abilities to be able to contribute both offensively and defensively to help my team reach the finals. Another aspect of my players game that I want to work on is improving takeaway and giveaway numbers. I think improving these numbers will greatly affect my plus/minus numbers and hopefully lead to being on the ice for less goals. Hopefully all the training that my player will doing this offseason will improve his on ice abilities and performance to lead my team to the finals next season. (3TPE)

7. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3305501
(3 TPE)

15. I think that this year's IIHF tournament is going to be very competitive and exciting. My prediction is that Finland will win the Gold Medal this year. I think Finland has a strong offensive core and good goaltending to be able to lead their team to a Gold Medal. My team, Team Latvia, seems to be in a rebuilding phase and does not look to be a strong contender for this year's upcoming IIHF tournament. Since this year is my first year on Team Latvia, I am just trying to do the best I can for the team. I do not really have any expectations for my player during this year's IIHF tournament, I am just happy to be on the team and representing my country. The three big teams to be on the lookout for during this years tournament is Finland, Sweden, and Norway who all have shown to be strong teams to fight for a Gold Medal. (3 TPE)

18. As far as the SMJHL playoffs go, I do not think the playoffs were really a surprise at all and seemed to play out really how everyone thought they would have. During the regular season Detroit was just dominating every aspect of the game and was expected to continue their success when going into the playoffs. Once the playoffs matchups were set it seemed pretty likely that Detroit would make it to the finals and win the championship. Even though Detroit went seven games with Maine in the finals they were still able to pull off the championship and cap off their amazing season with a cup. (2TPE)

Master
Assister
Turns
Into
Super
Sniper
(2 TPE)