Create Account

S70 PT#3: Let Ampersands and At-signs Fly

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's reaction to a teammate or staff member rubbing them the wrong way at some point in their career. What was done to annoy them? How did they respond? Were they able to work past it? Did it devolve into an irretrievable shitshow? Whose fault was it? Who was the bigger person in the end? 

Sean Davies made the mistake of getting into it with his GM Luke this season because he couldn't score. Davies knows he's primarily a defensive defenseman, but his fatal flaw is he never met a shot he didn't like. Problem is, his shooting ability lies somewhere between awful and terrible. Obviously Luke told him that if he's going to shoot he better score. Davies got pissed because he thinks of himself as a sniper, so he kept shooting and kept missing. Things got a little tense in the locker room, and some of the vets had to talk to Davies and try to get him to cool down. Fortunately, he finally got a goal 51 games into the season against San Fran, and validated himself. He apologized to Luke and told him he and his 1% shooting percentage would try to be a bit smarter on the ice, and focus on the team winning. All's well that ends well. 

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

What do you want to hear, or see, done differently? What are you willing to do differently? What's your plan for working together with a person you don't like all that much in pursuit of the common goal of the Cup? Are emotions running hot? How so, and what does that sound like? (150+ words)

Well for me It would have to be the same staff member as last time. He still wont had me a water when I need one and always ask other guys to hand it to me when needed instead of just handing it to me himself. Head Coach Noticed this, but hasn't said anything till in a moment where I got off the ice real quick for water and coach expected me to be on the ice very soon after i got some water. I never got the water and had to get back on the ice in a critical moment of the game. Coach punished me after the game as he felt I maybe didn't ask for water or was just not thinking in the moment of the game, but then coach thought about It. and talked to the water guy and he admitted to being in a conflict with me. Coach put him on leave for a little bit. Coach didn't care if I did something, if in that moment I needed a water i should of had a water. Any other moment sure keep it going with your dumb argument. Coach then made me do more skating back and forth on the ice. He made me apologize to the guy before he went on his leave for a few days away from the team.

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 11:51 PM by gurbs. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: Irro6cr.jpg]

this is me embracing my GM after a deep heart to heart about my -35 this season.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Of course, we get the PT for what would you change while my team is in first place. Thanks PT gods there is so much I would like to change while my team is in first place, are you kidding me. This is my typical SHL luck when it comes to points tasks and I just asked "who is the boomer on the team", while I am the old player on the teams, fuck you SHL task creators. I guess to write something I wish Walt "Clyde" Frazier would get a little bit more time, not so much that it screws up the team’s chemistry, but just enough to get slappy from complaining while record “Th Big Slappy Hour for the SHL faithful. That is about the only thing I would tinker with as I do not want to do anything to mess the raptures winning formula this season. So next week are we you have physical task where the oldest player on the team gets punched in the genitals?

Wrods~170

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Player Prompt:

Collin Gibbles has been around a long time in Minnesota and has seen multiple sets of staff in the organization during his time. While none have gotten under his skin to the point where it caused a public fight or argument, he has never shied away from giving his opinions to others in the organization. He also realizes that not everyone will take his opinion into consideration, but as long as he at least expresses it he can feel like he tried. After all, Gibbles has learned that most problems that happen come from a misunderstanding or lack of communication. As long as he approaches the other party with respect they usually are more than happy to work with him on whatever issue he is having. In his long career, Gibbles has seen many hot headed young players come in and think they can strong arm everyone into following their whims, but he has outlasted all but 3 other players since his debut in Season 48.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Scoochie Stratton is the main problem with the Philadelphia Forge, and most people in the league know that after the revelations of the past week. Many in the team, such as vocal leaders Evil Allbran, Hans Graf and Red Kirkby, have vouched for the dismissal of Stratton from the team, which is understandable as he is the backup of the team. However, Ricky Koivu is not one to get involved in team drama, and he has largely steered clear of any involvement in the internal issues. He has attempted to mediate the issues within the team by talking to Stratton, as well as those on the team who have issues with him. This proved to be unsuccessful, as Stratton just called Koivu a "weeb" and a "stupid Drake fan", which hurt Ricky's feelings. In the end, Ricky decided that he will let nature run its course, and its best if Stratton just leaves for good once he has become too old. BASE PACK is luckily still a fan favourite so this drama has had no impact on the team's morale. (182 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

PBE Affiliate

The meeting with the coach was an odd one, for sure. Though initially concerned that the two rookies were in the middle of a deep and bitter feud due to the constant one-way ribbing, the veteran coach was shocked at the response he got from laying out his concerns. Almost as shocked as Piastri and Hoang were at the genuine concern. The practice before, the two were by themselves at the end of practice, in shooting drills. Piastri shot first, then spent Hoang's turn mercilessly ribbing every bit of Hoang's shot form. It wasn't helping that Piastri, an elite sniper, had a better average than Hoang did. The comments, to the coach, seemed cruel and bitter, inviting concern for the team's chemistry. The coach did not see the two leaving the ice, laughing, nor did he know the two went to dinner together. Piastri's tongue is sharp, but as the Monarchs' coach is learning, Hoang's skin is tougher.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 10:48 PM by juniped. Edited 1 time in total.)

How does your player handle personality conflicts with teammates?

Sven is very good at handling personality conflicts between himself and his teammates. He is a man of great fervor and pride, so often times he will butt heads with his team members of simple things like, who used his towel, who gets first dibs at the catering table and who gets the last reeces take five. In order to solve his problems Sven will first challenge every person who challenges him to a fight. However recently after going professional he is learning that this is not an allowed methos of handling the situation. Instead he has been taught to find a method that both keeps the players safe and is even matched, or better yet finding a common resolution both parties can be happy with. Sven hates the last idea so often he still just challenges the other players to arm wrestling, leg wrestling, actual wrestling or boxing matches. He has to see HR often but he hopes soon he will be able to navigate locker room politics.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Egli is pretty agreeable, he gets to play hockey for a living and that's pretty damn rad. Far away from a sheep pasture, even if he does miss his home of Lumnezia, Switzerland. He's had the privilege to play for two incredible teams with great atmospheres in both so there isn't a ton to write about.

But in terms of smoothing things over - even if things do get a little heated on the ice, the way to Egli's heart is through his stomach. The SHL has teams located in some pretty spectacular food cities and if you want to break bread with Eggy then he can find the room in his gut to let bygone be bygones. Anything from Matty's Patties in Toronto to the French Laundry in California. Cheesteaks in Philly, beef on weck in Buffalo, BBQ in Texas... The list goes on! Just uh, don't forget your wallet.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Creative Prompt.

Well considering my unpleasant person is a spectator, or some say a fan it is hard for the GM / coach / me to do anything about it. This fan has been attending our games for the last 5 seasons, and while he might make comments that critique the players, the management cannot do anything about it as he s a paying fan. If the team tried to silence the fan the actions would be picked up by all major sports networks and it would make the team look very bad. Being players we must learn how to play with the hecklers. Being a professional hockey player we learn how to play with the good and the bad fans. Luckily there are more good fans into todays game, however the bad fans are often the loudest. That being said if Kondos could have his way with the fan he would have him put through a physical, and see how well he could keep up.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

simmer pass