Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

Affiliate ISFL PT

[Image: S73PT2.png]

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

As a more defensive minded forward, Jarrod Lakemore is more about helping his defensemen out than vice versa. Still, hockey is a team sport and certainly he does have some expectations of his defensemen. Lakemore is an aggressive checker, and while on the backcheck his efforts would be in vain if his defensemen don't also help in preventing zone entry or quickly retrieving the puck on a dump in. On the other end of the ice, Lakemore is known for frequently parking himself in front of the goalie and using his size to provide a screen. This is of course begging his defensemen to either blast away from the blue line or offer a chance for a tip in. When forechecking, his harassment of the puck carrier can often lead to turnovers, but it does require his teammates, including his defensemen to shut down any easy passing outlets for their opponents to clear the zone. Lakemore's game may not be flashy, but it is scrappy and effective and in many ways he needs to be in sync with his defensemen more than his forward linemates. (187 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 10:08 AM by takethehorizon.)

Please see response on PT#1. Thank you. just kidding.

Prompt 2.

First we must define what type of defenseman we are referring to. Is this a defensive dman? A puck moving defenseman? An offensive dman who likes to pinch and frequently join the rush? Or maybe this is a physical dman who enjoys stepping into forwards as they cross over into the zone providing a thunderous body check. No matter what role a dman defines himself as, their primary goal must and should be to assist in keeping the puck out of their own net. There are loads of ways to do this and I truly believe within the correct system, each of the beforementioned defenseman has a role in the correct system. As a goalie, we love defensive dmen who love to stay at home in their own end and disrupt the opponents play as much as possible by getting into passing lanes, not allowing the opponent to have a clear shot on net and look to move the puck up to the forwards to clear the zone. I also believe a healthy balance of dman, offensive dman and physical dman work well in harmony on a team to create a truly diverse system limiting as many opponent chances as possible. 

Word Count: 201

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

OPTION 2:

The defense and I had this talk last week, but after that talk I discovered that I need a little more out of them than just keeping it simple. Let’s put keeping it simple as task number 1. The second thing I need from them is to move the puck well. I am more than happy to come back there, pick up the puck and start the process of moving it out of my own zone. I am a little bit of a glory hog and going end to end will look amazing in the highlight reel. But I do try to be a team player, and what helps me out will help the team out. If I can ask one other thing from our defenders at this point, can you move the puck in two ways. First gather it up from our own end and skate with it, not far, our blue line to center line if there is no pressure from opposing players. If there is pressure or you manage to get to the center line here is number 2. A clean crisp pass or a dump in for the dump and chase. Either one is effective and will lead to offensive opportunities for my and our team’s success. To sum it all up. Last week, keep it simple, keep the crease clean and move bodies away from our net. Today moving the puck will support offensive opportunities.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

So the second prompt and as a defender I do this crazy thing called defending the goal. I block shots, hit idiot attackers and stop as many plays the enemy can make. I know revolutionary to say the least. I also have insane passing cause I wanted it in the player like I did my first and to have them and basically this helps get the puck out of the dangerous areas we do not want them in and in an ideal world perhaps even assist to 1 of the better players in Buffalo's team to score on the opponents. That is the hope in an ideal situation but that helps the goalie cause that means they aint shooting on him. Past that I would say that I help him get into the game and calm him down when the pressure of the game gets too much. Fear of a team mate beats fear of the opposition so simply same all the shots! Good motivator!

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Prompt - Defending Defensemen

Bobby's Guide to having his defensemen be useful. Step one grow a pair and help the goalie out by blocking shots. Keeping the puck out of the net should always be priority one especially as a defenseman. Step two grow a pair and hit every opposing player as hard as you can. I want the opposing teams forwards to be afraid to even step over the blue line. Step three don't turn the puck over in your own zoon, you're there to defend not to create scoring opportunities for the other team. Step four have a great first pass, one of the biggest way a defensemen can help their forwards is by making a great first pass out of our own zone. This also benefits the goalie so they don't have to worrier about the opposing team counter attacking. Step five hold the blue line, if you can hold the puck in the opposing teams end then they can't score period. Step six get the puck to the net. This could be ether shooting the puck to score, create a rebound or get a tip. This could also be passing the puck down low or  dumping it deep to give the forwards a chance to create a scoring chance.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

In short, I want the defensemen to do what's in their gosh darn name and defend the net. Let the forwards forward. Stop the opposing team and sauce us the puck already! But on a more serious note I think the defender is far more valuable to his team than any forward, except perhaps the two-way center. A good defenseman that can shut down the opposing team, help out his goalie and chip in offensively is an extreme talent that should be protected at all costs. Offensive defensemen get a lot of flak for not being responsible in their own end, but it can be difficult to go 100% at both ends of the ice, especially when your crop of forwards can't get out of their own way to put the puck in the net. If they could incorporate me in their breakout even better, but I won't be upset about it if they don't.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Code:
Graphic option: Create a hype poster for whichever matchup you're inviting the winning team to!

[Image: O6elwE2.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I want my defensemen to be the backbone of this team and the players that my team knows they can step up to the plate when needed and are going to make plays. I want them to be the leaders of the team hyping us up in the locker room before the game, keeping our heads up after a bad play or loss, and just straight out communicating on the ice with each other and the forwards/goalies. Defense is what wins game in any sport and that counts especially for hockey. I want my defensemen to be that guy where I don’t even have to worry when the puck goes all the way to our side. I know they got me and I know they won’t let me down getting the puck straight back up to the forwards. They’re truly the key to a great team and you want to bring the best out of your defensemen.

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Look, there's no two ways to cut it. I'm a defensive liability. I'm a winger for christ sake. I wanna cheat in the corners, coast on the back check, never take a draw, you know the drill. If the dude behind me could just be an all encompassing safety net for my complete lack of defense, that would be amazing. A man is trying to improve his two way game here, but these damn TPE caps are keeping me down. Pretty much if you see me on the ice, just prepare for a catastrophic defensive event at any given moment. Never join in the rush, I don't need that. Don't even try to hold the blue line, I got this taken care of. Just sit next to the tendy and bail me out like wall street after the 08 crisis, because I'm gonna be bankrupting the lehman brothers every other shift.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Well if I have said it once I have said it four hundred trillion times and that is all I want my defense to do is throw themselves in front of as many pucks as their bodies can physically handle. THEN, I want to throw themselves a little more. Block shots! As a goalie all I want them to do is block as many shots as they can to make my life easier. I am totally fine being the last line of defense when all else breaks down but if you have the chance to prevent us from getting to that situation where we are on our last line of defense you have done your job well. I won't say no to the occasional offense but just don't get greedy and lets do the thing is says in your position's name and defend first and foremost. Lets go CUDA! Chomp! Chomp!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

ISFL Affiliate

Prompt 1

M'Baku Olubori tells them, without a bit of ambiguity, that is a stupid idea. Instead, the Baltimore Platoon should put their money where their mouth is and host a pair of games in Africa, versus doing a photo op bringing some Nigerian kids all the way to North America. Taken aback by his boldness, the team execs thought on it and persuaded owners to agree to forego a home game’s gate receipts to play a home and home series with Western Conference titans, the Winnipeg Aurora. Fresh off their S72 Challenge Cup Championship and led by playoff MVP Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, the Aurora agreed to do a home-and-home with the Platoon next year. Game one would see Baltimore as the home team in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city and Baku’s hometown. Game two will head west to Lagos, Nigeria, the second largest city in all of Africa. While crowds likely won’t match the revenues of a home game, the effect on building love and goodwill for the game may be the key to growing the game on the continent.

During the Abuja game, there would be a scrimmage during the 1st intermission between the top 2 teams from Olubori’s skills camp, and the teams would have great seats in the lower bowl (Baku advised them they didn’t want to be right on the glass or behind the benches to get the best view of the game, though kids being kids still wanted glass seats, and got them).

Rather than making this a feel good flight to North America without any substantive change, M’Baku Olubori did what he does best: successfully turn people’s guilt and shame into uplift for his people.

PS @Ace @RashfordU @sköldpaddor your move

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]