Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

OPTION 1 - To the Victors Go the Spoils

In my experience kids are some of the most savage people always wanting to take a shot or dig at someone else.  With that in mind I can think of no better place for a bunch of rabid kids excited for their first game together than behind the penalty box.  A solid rivalry matchup between the Falcons and Scarecrows sounds like a great opportunity to make some lasting memories for the little tykes.  Now of course all chaperones and a select few children will be given thorough cheat sheet breaking down the opponents most likely to end up in the sin bin as well as their stars.  They should be close enough that they can be heard from the ice during commercial breaks and I can't wait to have a grown man complain about a youth hockey team chirping them.  He'll never hear the end of it.  Those little bastards are going to ruin someone's career and I cannot wait to see who.

Code:
OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

As defensively responsible winger, Levin wants to be in tune with the three pairings on the team as much as possible. Which means knowing who on the pairing has a tendency to carry the puck out as opposed to go for the outlet pass, to adjust his positioning. Who likes to pinch, in order to know which side of the ice he will need to backtrack to in case of a failed play. Understanding defensive assignments both at even strength and on the penalty kill, in order to focus on the right opponent in those breakdown scenarios. Those are all things that are worked on in practice, so Levin doesn't hesitate to ask questions, and even try his luck at playing the role himself, should one of the defencemen want to have a more offensively-minded practice session. He will also sit down in the video room with the assistants to study opposing teams' breakouts and neutral zone play, in order to have better anticipation when the time comes to face them on the ice. He wants to be the link between the defence and the offence as much as possible, turning good play in their own zone into scoring opportunities as much as possible.

(206 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Option 2

I want my defenders to get involved as much as they can.  Hockey is all about the team, and if only 3 players on the team are attacking then it’s an in effective way of attacking the other teams net.  The best teams are always the one with defenders that make sure they are involved in all facets of the game.  I think a great example of this is Jay O’Neal from the Aurora.  He is constantly involved on both ends of the ice and has been known to be nominated for both offensive and defensive awards throughout his career.  He has shown he is one of the best ever to suit up the skates and I’ve been fortunate to share a ton of icetime with him throughout my career in both Newfoundland and Winnipeg.  Lastly I want to see the defender sacrifice the body for their team, whether it is a timely hit or a key block, gotta lay it on the line

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

prompt 2

Trevor Lahey only knows offense, he honestly thought everyone just played offense, but now that he has been educated to what position his team mates play he has a few ideas. first idea for the d man on his team is to work on their shot blocking skills, this would help the goalie because ideally if the puck cant make it to the net its one less thing for the goalie to worry about. although long  term this may not be ideal because they are literally putting there bodies on the line and could lead to injuries down the road.  other than that maybe the dee men could help out the forwards during the Shoot outs, cause they have yet to win a shoot out during this season. with 5 losses to during the shoot out we clearly cant get it done, so maybe they could step in and help us out. Thats all i got for this time, thanks for attending my ted talk.

165 words

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

As a defenseman himself, Sean Davies tries to do everything in his power to help out his goalie. He's not an offensively gifted player by any stretch of the imagination, so potting a bunch of goals and/or nabbing a bunch of assists to ease the burden on his goalie isn't really in the cards. Instead, Davies is more of a traditional defenseman who tries to use his size and strength to muscle opposing forward out of the crease and allow his netminder to see incoming shots clearly. He's pretty smart, so he's normally able to cut of angles and force off balance shots that his keeper finds easier to handle. His last ditch maneuver is to throw his body in the way and try to block any shots that may end in a goal. He's not a star, but Davies definitely tries to embody the heart and soul of a true defensive defenseman and protect his goalie at all costs, even if he won't score many points doing it.

Honestly, no disrespect to the Toronto North Stars of the Simulation Hockey League, the team that I currently play for and hopefully will continue to play for, for at least 1 more season, but giving tickets to a game for the scrimmage winners must be a punishment in my mind. Honestly, the losing team not having to go watch us play is the real prize. None the less, if they did consider watching one of the league bottom teams play as a prize, good on them. In my opinion, they should watch us play a divisional rival, preferably one that is not that much better than us, or one that we seem to beat often just to make the game a little more exciting. The last thing we want is for these kids to watch us get our backs blown out (on the ice of course). I'm voting for Buffalo, just because I love to beat up on lee.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Gone are the days of the stay at home and basically be a big old brusier defensemen. Guys on the back end now need to be mobile, intelligent, have good vision and passing and be able to put the puck on net with a good amount of velocity. At the Philadelphia Forge we try to mould all our players into all around team members who contribute at both ends of the ice and it is no different whether you are a forward or a defenseman. All of our d men are expected to be able to hold their own on the penalty kill blocking shots and passing lanes while then being able to step up onto the power play if necessary where quick puck movement and the ability to either hit a stick for a deflection or to be able to wind up a big slapper to blast it past the goalie. In a way this versatility means they can play anywhere on the ice at a pinch.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Option 2

As a defenseman in ice hockey, I understand the critical role we play in suuporting our goalie to keep his net clean.

While we are also encouraged to assist the forwards in their attacking duties (attacking well is a great form of defense) our primary responsibility is to protect our own net,

One of our first tasks after a turnover, which will greatly enhance our defensive efforts is backchecking diligently. When opponents initiate an attack, we need to quickly transition from offense to defense, applying pressure on the opposing forwards and disrupting their offensive flow. This reduces the burden on our goalie, allowing him to keep more pucks out of the net.

Additionally, we need to go hard in the defensive zone, especially along the boards. When the puck is battled for in the corners or along the walls, we need to engage and regain possession. If we do that well, we can comfortably keep forcing the opponents away from the middle.

Lastly, responsible defensive play extends to shot-blocking, limiting the number of attempts on our goaltender. Our dedication to these aspects of the game eases the pressure on our goalie and strengthens the overall team defense.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Rasmus is a big team player and will thus do anything that it takes to help his goalie out. Lot of snow? He’ll head over and get shoveling to make sure Tummy or Mat don’t have to tire themselves shoveling their driveways. Water in the showers a little cold? He’ll leave the game with five minutes left to get those turned on early enough to warm up, not like he’s needed out there anyways. The goalies are feeling a little tired? He’ll strap on the pads and play in net for practice so that the goalies can get the rest and relaxation that they so deserve. The goalies need a hand moving out of their apartments? Rasmus will connect them with his moving guys. Oh you thought he’d help them move himself? No chance, Rasmus is allergic to the work it takes to move from place to place, why do you think he’s only played for one team in his career? He’s got guys for that, not gonna be a him problem or his goalies problem.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

For the game that the kids will get their free tickets for, I would absolutely recommend courtside tickets right behind the glass right behind the Forge goalkeeper for the first game of the season against the Atlanta Inferno. Hockey is all about rivalries, and as the Inferno are one of the biggest rivals of the Forge, it would be perfect for the kids to get an up close and personal view of said rivalry as a reward for their victory, especially when it's the biggest rivalry that the home team has. They will be able to learn that hockey is a team sport all around no matter what, and they will realize that there is sometimes an extra spark or extra push that a rivalry can bring because of how fired up you get and how much more you just simply want the win and the goals and the assists. And of course we'd give them rinkside seats, how could we not?

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

If I was the one to decide where the kids would go to sit at and watch the game it would of course be in the box with the team. Now, I know I am not able to do that, so the second option of course would be at midfield. This could be anywhere from the forty yard line to the next forty yard line. Reason I choose that number and not just the dead center of the field at the fifty is purely because when they go towards the goal it would be harder to see. And I would choose a seat a few rows back so you can get a good view of the entire game. Now, to the game I would choose for them to go to, I would have to choose a game against one of our rival teams. The atmosphere, and how active the fans get make it even more worth being at that game. So, hopefully the game that they go to we can show up and win, but who knows how the game can go. All I know is that I would love to be able to bring as many people as I can to bless the fans.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

Quote:Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

In Noel's opinion, one of the best traits a defenseman can have is being able to make a good strong outlet pass consistently. As a forward it's a lot easier to transition and carry into the offensive zone when a dman can put a pass on your tape while you move through the neutral zone at speed. When guys just have to rifle the puck off the glass and up the boards its a lot easier for the opposition to put some pressure on you and so it's obviously harder to gain the O zone. Another thing Noel really likes is when a defenseman jumps into the rush with the forwards. Having that extra player to use either as a decoy to draw the defense or a legit option for a pass can open things up and create more chances than if they otherwise did not join the rush.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

OPTION 1 - To the Victors Go the Spoils

I would send the winners to a Baltimore vs New England. New England is our closest geographical rival and one of the best teams in the league. NEW is coming off a Cup Finals appearance and they are the model of where we want to be. Since its a huge opponent I'm sure there is going to be some promotional items handed out for the fans. As far as the seat go I think the best place to have the kids sit is up in the suites. I doubt any of the kids have been in one before and it's definitely an experience they won't forget. They'll get special promo gifts, all the food they and their parents can eat plus it's a great way to watch the game. As far as things to do outside of the arena, Baltimore has a lot of historical sites and parks and it's easy to spend a day walking around checking out the city and the harbor. Plus if they behave I will show them where my favorite arcade is.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

The defensemen on the Forge are a very important part of the team, and defensive resilience has been a big contributor to the consistent success Philly has enjoyed. A lot of teams over the years have employed worse quality bottom defensive pairings due to the lower amount of defensemen available to teams in the current era. However, Philadelphia for the most part over the seasons have kept a very active and high level D core that backs up elite goalie Base Pack. As such, the expectation of the blueliners on the Forge is very high to offer support to the netminder. When it comes to killing penalties and defending the rush, the dmen are drilled very hard on how to best protect the net and break up plays. Offense still comes with big expectations for them too, though, as with explosive forwards like Evil Allbran, Ricky Koivu and Graj Virrok, among others, the breakout and quarterbacking powerplays is a huge part of their game. As a great all-around team that prides themselves as being such, there is obviously a large expectation for the blueliners to be big contributors for the Forge. (192 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]